♦SNAIL WRRC (CLOSED)PS4 

• Thread starter Lessen
  • 3,864 comments
Request to join.

PSNID: DesertPenguin09

I can't start for a few weeks though, have to wait for work availability to take effect.

@DesertPenguin09

Thanks for expressing interest in the SNAIL World Road Racing Challenge series!

· To complete your registration I ask that you please send myself (PSN: Lessenjr) and @swjaxon (PSN: swjaxon) PSN friend requests. We run all of our club races in private lobbies so you’ll need an invitation to enter our events.

· Also, please request membership into the SNAIL WRC Playstation Network Community. (search “snail”). This community serves to help facilitate club communications, especially on race night.

· With the WRC being a division of SNAIL Racing, you are required to understand and follow ALL World Road Racing Challenge policies and procedures. Take some time to thoroughly read our OLR and associated expectations (located in the OP) prior to your first race.

· All ongoing club information can be found at the top of this thread and includes our current active drivers & their chosen liveries, race schedule, combo voting and current season point standings. The official Tuesday race schedule will typically be posted early on Saturdays so keep your eyes on the thread for the updates

· Make NEW FRIENDS!

· Race HARD!

· Have FUN!

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask.

-Lessen

Not starting until the next season, but that extra half hour helps a ton for me. Kid's bedtime: 9:00, Me racing at 9:30: Happy wife. Happy wife: Happy life.

But I believe in a democracy, so whatever the group feels is best.

mic level.jpg
Any ideas as to how to eliminate the echo ?? Unable to understand anyone all I get is double talk.

Suggestions?

**EDIT**

found this.

that funny as we can get 13+ people in the lobby chat with no problems at all and we do this twice a week. Before we figured this out we had too many problems and league races was really difficult to run near on impossible. I would say you have people in the room not changing the mic levels. we do a mic check now if we have problems to find out who hasn't set mic level low and as i say it only needs one person not to do it to mess up the room, i suggest you try again!!!!!! btw i have added picture of where you set this and look where i have mine set too.

for some reason the picture edited to the top, sorry.

Last edited:
View attachment 529353 Any ideas as to how to eliminate the echo ?? Unable to understand anyone all I get is double talk.

Suggestions?

**EDIT**

found this.

that funny as we can get 13+ people in the lobby chat with no problems at all and we do this twice a week. Before we figured this out we had too many problems and league races was really difficult to run near on impossible. I would say you have people in the room not changing the mic levels. we do a mic check now if we have problems to find out who hasn't set mic level low and as i say it only needs one person not to do it to mess up the room, i suggest you try again!!!!!! btw i have added picture of where you set this and look where i have mine set too.

for some reason the picture edited to the top, sorry.
I get nothing but echo's as well, the only person I can understand is Lobban (of all people!)
Is that the picture of mic level in the party chat room?

Sorry I couldn't make it last night. Took our son out to eat for his 11th birthday. Got back later than expected.

I would rather keep it starting at 9. Not the organizers fault usually but this league often starts racing much later than 9 due to unforeseen circumstances and ends up running long. If we change it to 9:30 then sometimes we wouldn't be done until midnight which is way too late.

On the audio chat quality, I must say it is much worse than GT6 ever was. I used to be pretty talkative in GT6 but trying to communicate with you guys in PCars is nearly impossible so I basically just mute it the whole time. Some of you are reverberating, others are too loud and others I can barely hear at all. Gives me a headache so I just zip it and follow along.

I know this is video is late, but if everyone continues to race this car on this track, please learn from this. :)

Next time you post a hot lap, maybe try going back and adding in some commentary if you have the capability. That can go a long way in helping other drivers progress. It is very beneficial to hear what faster guys are looking for/at and what things to really key into.

Gtr, it must get boring for you to win every, (almost), race. An awesome racer like yourself must get lonely racing all alone in front. I very much admire your talent, but where is the challenge? If I was as good as you, I would start at the back and work my way up cleanly through the field, now that's challenging. 👍
Schmiggs, what a night!!! Zoom zoom.
Aero is gonna be a factor soon, getting better every day.
Sorry about the start of the 4th race.... I was in neutral. Duh.
By by Mitsu.....wierd to feel the hydroplaning through the wheel.
Lesson, you gotta get a wheel brother.
desertPenguin, which color of black are you picking? Inquiring minds want to know. :eek:

Since I bought the T3PA pro pedals with the conical cone brake mod, I have never been happy with the brake feel. I diked around with different ideas to make the pedal better. I wasn't going to spend 200 Canadian dollars for the load cell, i'm too cheap. After playing with a bunch of different densities of foam, I got it. Now my brake feel progressive, the way it should be. I used it last night and the results were positive. Let's see, 2 cents in foam or 200$ for the same feel. No brainer.

I think I have a grounding issue somewhere, might be the cause of the audio issues. Troubleshooting today. I really hope an update will solve the K-Mart quality audio. Does anyone use earbuds with a mic? I'm looking for something lighter and maybe wireless.

....I would start at the back and work my way up cleanly through the field, now that's challenging. 👍

I agree with Mike here, @gtr3123. I've Q'd on the pole only to drop back to last during the first few corners to give a challenge. And you know what, sometimes im able to repass and some times the leaders just run a great race and i finish 4th, etc. (I did this in race 1 since GTR wasnt there).

I agree with Mike here, @gtr3123. I've Q'd on the pole only to drop back to last during the first few corners to give a challenge. And you know what, sometimes im able to repass and some times the leaders just run a great race and i finish 4th, etc. (I did this in race 1 since GTR wasnt there).
Ah that explains a lot. I thought you had messed up or something so when you came flying up on me I flashed my lights and let you by thinking I ain't gonna keep him from running a good race.

Ah that explains a lot. I thought you had messed up or something so when you came flying up on me I flashed my lights and let you by thinking I ain't gonna keep him from running a good race.

I remember this :) While its not necessary i do appreciate it. Its no fun running 10+ seconds apart from another racer (no matter what position your in). Then your "just turning laps" and not in the heat of battle or close to it which is where i think most would prefer it.

Back