♦SNAIL WRRC (CLOSED)PS4 

• Thread starter Lessen
  • 3,864 comments
I'm going to livestream this race for fun, information about the car and how to conquer the car on Spa Francorchamps, stay tuned. :gtpflag::gtplanet:

Sorry guys, after making a spectacular start, I was up to sixth, just about to pass an AI asshollio, he went OOB and came back, slammed me, punted me, damaged me, I made it back to the pits and DP quit....... All in the first lap. I'm glad my mic was muted.
I don't think I would have lasted anyway. Gonna make some chocolate chip cookies instead. Good luck to Aero.

Congratulations to @SGETI for the race win!

Weather was dry throughout. I'd say it was a tough event for everybody most likely. The AI isn't respectful at all with is frustrating I think for everybody. I learned a few things though, so it was beneficial. At an early point I had to pedal around a car with a slight pull to the right for several laps. So that was quite the experience. At one point I chased down SGETI and the AI pack he was racing with from about 24 seconds back. That was a long battle, but really forced me to stay on point. Unfortunately it didn't end so well, but there was a lot of positives to take away from it. Plus SGETI ran a full length race in drivers perspective so I know he learned a lot too. 👍

I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the race except the poor racecraft of the AI. It just does boneheaded stuff.

It was an interesting night. Car did not start with fuel I had set as I had planned on going much later before first stop and pit strategies never showed their face. I heard people come on during the race mentioning different quantities of fuel given during pitting. PCars needs to address these items.

In the end it was just Lessen, Sgeti, myself and some AI's I guess. I almost DP quit as well. Was very happy to do my best ever qualifying with this group (4th) and got a good start. By lap 14 I needed fuel and was running 2nd behind Lesson with Cards a good ways back in 3rd. After pitting I came back in 5th behind a couple of AI's, waited patiently for a good passing opportunity, finally got a nice clean pass up the inside and wham, AI takes out my back end and ruin's my race, I limp back to pits and go to second last. I never crashed by myself all night and had a great rhythm going and my only goal at this point was to finish.

We did learn some things from this night but the biggest thing I'm taking from it is this, I'm never racing against AI in a league race again!

Congrats Sgeti!

Yeah, it's really disappointing that as good as the game is, the AI is so poor at "racing".

It was a different one-off event, but at the end of the day it was just a one-off event. I agree that the fuel thing needs to be addressed by the game makers. I'm not surprised that the guys who had multiple put strategies saved could not utilize them, but if that's the case we should all be on the same fuel loads to start and receive the same when we put.

I would absolutely enjoy more GP length events, but spec brings too many game issues to light. I'll be in the lookout for 2-hour tuning races with this damage setting with only human drivers.

Well, back to the norm guys. See you all for Season 9!

Yeah, it's really disappointing that as good as the game is, the AI is so poor at "racing".

It was a different one-off event, but at the end of the day it was just a one-off event. I agree that the fuel thing needs to be addressed by the game makers. I'm not surprised that the guys who had multiple put strategies saved could not utilize them, but if that's the case we should all be on the same fuel loads to start and receive the same when we put.

I would absolutely enjoy more GP length events, but spec brings too many game issues to light. I'll be in the lookout for 2-hour tuning races with this damage setting with only human drivers.

Well, back to the norm guys. See you all for Season 9!
Well, in their defense, it's probably hard to program an AI that takes into account everything that can happen while racing.
But the problem is that they are either too slow if you set their quality too low or insanely maddening. it's hard to find the balance... After getting home late, I did a career race (I'm racing Formula A at the moment) with 75% distance and the AI was terrible...
But I'll be sure to join next time so we can have more humans on track and less carnage.
Hope everyone had fun.

Reault Team Sheriftizer #23
Chevrolet Corvette Heasan #2

I must have pissed off my crew because they refused to give me fuel and I ran out on lap 13. It would have been fine if I had started with 44 laps worth. I think it's the strategy I set in a practice race just before. So, maybe the pit strategies do work in default races? Doesn't really matter if you can't choose the starting amount i guess.

I was watching on and off for a while after my DQ. Congrats @SGETI! @Lessen, heartbreaking to see you get taken out that late in the race after clawing back to 2nd.

Well, I'm gonna have to retract a little harshness againt the AI. I have to take responsibility for at least my 1st incident. As is sometimes the case, our memories do not always recall situations as they actually happend. The AI certainly gave me room, but I pushed a bit and made contact. I didn't get a chance to review my 2nd incident because I mistakingly backed out of the replay and I'm just not going to FF through all that again. At any rate, the AI lacks the one major thing, and that's simply the human element. The AI just doesn't consider the consequences of putting up that much of a fight. I swear they get 3x more talented when they are side-by-side with another car. It's like racing a pro that expect you to be a pro too. You're gonna get your lane, but not a foot more and if you blow it, it's your fault so who cares... AI just drives away unharmed anyways. I still think they do dumb sh7t though...

Back