1.20 Update was a complete missed opportunity

• Thread starter CCCC
  • 145 comments
Yeah let's talk about the online aspect of the game.

Let's get the first one out of the way.
User created lobbies: It's a mess. You have to scroll through an endless list of lobbies with only 1 or 2 players in it (you're lucky if you find one with 4-6 players). My first reaction is...are you kidding me? Then I see that most of those "lobbies" are only free practice/slow riding. My second reaction is...hell naw. Once or twice I had the guts to connect to those "lobbies" and it was the most boring thing I've ever seen in videogame. A waste of a feature. It is only enjoyable for some who have a group of friends who are always online and like to set races how they want. Personally I don't even see the fun in it, since you won't be matched with people from all around the world (I repeat, the lobbies are always empty....this is a sign that people don't waste their time connecting)

Time trial: Samus already answered above.

Daily races: more like weekly races. Always the same. For an entire week. They don't change. No track rotation. And you're stuck with the same selection of cars. You miss the race? You have to wait 15-20 minutes (!!!) for the next one. And there are only 3 types of races. Since GT Sport.
  • Race A: slow cars with BoP, or very rarely with tuning allowed, on boring tracks, mostly made by PD. I hate it. Last week was the lawn mower RX8. Could't even finish one lap of qualifying. Hard pass.
  • Race B: Gr.3 or Gr.4. The only "enjoyable" race for me...to do once every few hours, because I don't see the fun and point in repeating the SAME race over and over again for a full week. People always choose the same fastest 1 or 2 cars, as the leaderboards suggest. Some are courageous and go for a third choice.... Pure madness!
  • Race C: personally I can't judge because I never tried it. Too many laps for me.

I'm curious: have you ever played Forza Motorsport online? If you put aside the carnage (penalties were added a couple of year ago though), it is quite fun. Everything is organized by car classes. Endless hours of fun. Personally I enjoy A and S car class lobbies. You enter the lobby and you find something between 10 and 16 players in it, either racing a 3-5 lap race or patiently waiting for the next one, on the next track, to start -> TRACK ROTATION. And while you wait, you can change car and setup (huge choice of competitive and fun cars to drive). And even talk to other players. Public voice chat is a thing. You don't like someone? You can mute him.

And when penalties and ghosted lapped cars were still not in place, we had marshals connecting to the lobby and checking for idiots. It was a pleasure to see them kick the idiots out. And we could also record the race, share it on our own cloud online, send the details of the replay and gamertag of the crasher to T10, they would review it and finally ban the player from the game.

Turn 10, on one hand, has
  • a fun matchmaking system that allows you to use all cars in the game, all tracks in the game, on continuous rotation
  • penalties-marshals-replay and email support.
THAT is how it should be done.

PD, on the other hand, has
  • a very limited matchmaking (Sport mode) with a very limited number of races on a very limited number of tracks, with a very limited choice of cars (and tuning setups allowed 0,0001% of the time in Race A. It's basically all BoP)
  • crap penalties never fixed. With every update they just get worse. They were way better in GT Sport (at least, at some point in time, you could improve your rating in-race and it was shown with up arrows in the HUD)
  • no contact whatsoever with the players
  • even removed the "report" button in the lobbies.
So what the hell....
Congrats! Sounds you have found a great game to play!

You've been saying this since March, five months ago, we shouldn't need to wait for all of the updates to come out for an in-game economy that's been broken since launch to be fixed.
Kaz definitely wants us to not have all cars early and wants us to spend several years playing to get all the collection.
Probably his strategy to keep us engaged.
Also, taking metacritic scores seriously.... Lol
So no, you didn't get it.

People want to acquire all of the different cars so that they can have fun driving them in races. That is rather the point of a game with 400+ cars, to try them all out and get different experiences. Otherwise you might as well have only 20.

But no, according to you everyone should just make use of the few cars they've got and just drive those over and over, they'll never get to drive the cars they really desire.

This is of course all ignoring the huge elephant in the room that PD will allow you to get all the best stuff instantly, without "making you work", by just handing them more money. Someone could get all 420 cars in GT7 without even driving a single race, if they're well off.

Again, the fact you can't see how synonymous this is to real life and you think it's cool for a game to be the same struggle if you're not rich is funny.
The point of this game is just to try all cars? Well that's your opinion... The point of this game is to drive/race/have fun regardless of how many cars you've got. If what you want to do is just test all cars one by one I suppose GT7 is definitely not for you.

Last edited:
1) GT7 has a rating of 2.1/10. 10660 voters expressed their opinion. Let me guess, you're gonna use the fake argument "it was review-bombed":

P.S. This is not a debate and I'm not willing to continue reading since you don't have strong arguments. Actually you have no arguments at all.
Hahah.
1) GT7 had a 7.1 user rating before the review bomb.

P.s.: it is obvious from your 'arguments' why it is not a debate.

Lol

Hahah.
1) GT7 had a 7.1 user rating before the review bomb.
Oh there he goes, he actually did use the fake "review bomb" argument. Yeah you know why it was at 7.1? Because fanboyism, pre-orders and enthusiasts always come first. Then the rest of the users started giving their opinion. And then the game kept getting worse and worse, with broken promises. And then even the die-hard fans couldn't hide their disappointed when they finished all the cafe menus and realized it was all nothing but a grind-fest with absurd chores, an absurd economy system and an absurd online mode.

If the game really was good, the review bombers wouldn't matter.

So, you're telling me, according to you, in "reality", it deserves a 7.1/10? That's your opinion. Not the opinion of the large majority of people who voted, and not the opinion of the players who keep "voting" by not playing this game anymore.

P.s.: it is obvious from your 'arguments' why it is not a debate.

Lol
Why is that? Because I prefer Forza Motorsport? Is that a crime? Do you even know where I come from? I've always been a GT fan, since 1997. In 2009, before and even after the release of GT5, I used to defend the game and PD no matter what. Then I got tired of both the game and the developer. I decided to give FM a shot and it was the best decision I could make. Now I can see the difference by myself, playing both series. Actually I'm giving up on GT like many others.
Congrats! Sounds you have found a great game to play!
Thank you.

Last edited:
Kaz definitely wants us to not have all cars early and wants us to spend several years playing to get all the collection.
Again, what is "early"? 5000 hours? You've been told how long it can take several times, and how much longer it is than any other GT game, but you constantly dismiss it and pretend it's the same as the old games. It isn't. The old games had more events, and were quicker to earn all the cars. That is a FACT.

Also, can I have Kaz's phone number? You clearly have a direct line to him.
The point of this game is just to try all cars? Well that's your opinion... The point of this game is to drive/race/have fun regardless of how many cars you've got. If what you want to do is just test all cars one by one I suppose GT7 is definitely not for you.
Are you even reading what you write? Clearly you're not reading what I wrote. You just said the point of the game is to drive/race. You know what you need to do that? Cars. People want to drive/race with a whole host of different cars. That's why there are 400+ on offer. They can't do that if the cars are beyond their earnings, can they?

Nobody said anything about testing but even if someone does want to do that, you're now telling them they've got the wrong game? What? Someone that wants to test and drive 400+ cars has bought the game with 400+ cars, they've got the wrong one?

Last edited:
I believe racingfan1 has positioned himself to speak/promote on PD's behalf like some sort of shill, without evidence of holding this role officially ...

even his nickname is somewhat unimaginative, the exact sort of nickname I would use if I was a Sony employee and I was asked to defend GT7 on internet forums...

Last edited:
Again, what is "early"? 5000 hours? You've been told how long it can take several times, and how much longer it is than any other GT game, but you constantly dismiss it and pretend it's the same as the old games. It isn't. The old games had more events, and were quicker to earn all the cars. That is a FACT.

Are you even reading what you write? Clearly you're not reading what I wrote. You just said the point of the game is to drive/race. You know what you need to do that? Cars. People want to drive/race with a whole host of different cars. That's why there are 400+ on offer. They can't do that if the cars are beyond their earnings, can they?

Nobody said anything about testing but even if someone does want to do that, you're now telling them they've got the wrong game? What? Someone that wants to test and drive 400+ cars has bought the game with 400+ cars, and they've got the wrong one?
By early I mean like... less than halfway before GT7 and GT8.
Those 5000 hours that you keep repeating is a useless number considering it will keep updating and bringing new events and probably new ways to earn quick money that you dont even know about so...

And, clearly you can have cars and play no problem, because since day one I've had more than enough cars to play and race and getting more and more almost every day.
But anyway I dont know why I bother replying to you since you said you dont even own the game.

I take it you can provide a quote to back that up.
It's failing then.
You do know that the industry takes them very seriously? Clearly not.
Once again missing the point, it's been out six months and the balance of the in-game economy is still the worse the series has ever seen.

I take it you can provide a quote to back that up.

It's failing then.

You do know that the industry takes them very seriously? Clearly not.

Once again missing the point, it's been out six months and the balance of the in-game economy is still the worse the series has ever seen.
First one is my impression. With the way the game is designed you reach into that conclusion.

Sorry but can't take Metacritic scores seriously, since you can go there and vote on any game you want and any score you want, with multiple accounts, and of course no need to verify you have owned and played any of those games you vote.

The game's economy is kidna broken alright but there's still many updates coming and anyway if it were more balanced you would still have to play a heck of a lot to get all of them. Most GT games have been more or less a grind fest

Last edited:
By early I mean like... less than halfway before GT7 and GT8.
Those 5000 hours that you keep repeating is a useless number considering it will keep updating and bringing new events and probably new ways to earn quick money that you dont even know about so...
Yeah, you said this in March as well. It's now August, still there is nothing significantly better. But sure, it could happen. Until then, the figures are correct. Besides, as much as events increase, the total cost of owning all cars is increasing at the same time. The LCD cars are inflating in price every three months, and they add new cars, and so the total time doesn't get any lower.
And, clearly you can have cars and play no problem, because since day one I've had more than enough cars to play and race and getting more and more almost every day.
But anyway I dont know why I bother replying to you since you said you dont even own the game.
But not all the cars or even close to it, as we've already established when you told people to just buy the cheaper ones if they can't afford the expensive ones.

This discussion all started because you said someone was complaining there is not enough money. All you've done since is establish that they are 100% correct, there is not enough money. Oh, but there might be in a future update, maybe, because the game isn't finished. A solid retort.

First one is my impression.
Then don't present it as a fact.
With the way the game is designed you reach into that conclusion.
It would be an erroneous one then, as you can bypass it in minutes and own all of the content simply by giving them money.
Sorry but can't take Metacritic scores seriously, since you can go there and vote on any game you want and any score you want, with multiple accounts, and of course no need to verify you have owned and played any of those games you vote.
The video game industry (and for that matter TV and Film) disagree, you do know that many dev's teams are bonused based on Meta scores, publishers use it to establish budgets and companies hire based on it?

You don't want it to be taken seriously because it clashes with your cognitive bias, that however is quite a different thing.

"The games industry takes review aggregator, Metacritic, very seriously. Not only do some publishers use it to determine how much cash should go to developers, at least one company is using Metacritic scores to screen potential job applicants."

Last edited:
Then don't present it as a fact.

It would be an erroneous one then, as you can bypass it in minutes and own all of the content simply by giving them money.

The video game industry (and for that matter TV and Film) disagree, you do know that many dev's teams are bonused based on Meta scores?

You don't want it to be taken seriously because it clashes with your cognitive bias, that however is quite a different thing.
How expensive is to buy all cars using microtransactions? Those are only used by a tiny minority of millionaires so, I dont think its very relevant for the vast majority of average common folk.

Those dev's teams that you talk about must be on to something then. Its way too easy to manipulate those scores with fake reviews.
I'm not biased at all with this, I simply use common sense. How can you take millions of unverified reviews and scores seriously? Same for amazon reviews and things like that, you simply dont pay attention to unverified ones, and even verified ones can be fraudulent

How expensive is to buy all cars using microtransactions? Those are only used by a tiny minority of millionaires so, I dont think its very relevant for the vast majority of average common folk
So Kaz definitely wants you to spend several years playing the game to earn all the cars....unless you're a millionaire, in which case he's happy for you to take an instant shortcut.

..and you still don't see the parallels to real life?

Mind that Kyoto has three layouts and until recently only one event (added a Vision GT and Hypercar events recently), the 4WD challenge.
Interlagos is another amazing track, only had one event until the Vision GT was added, still has only two.
Monza has one also.
High Speed Ring has 4 and a dedicated championship...
The list is almost endless, it is crazy.

How expensive is to buy all cars using microtransactions? Those are only used by a tiny minority of millionaires so, I dont think its very relevant for the vast majority of average common folk.
That really doesn't matter, you can't claim with one hand that Kaz/PD want us to earn the cars when a mechanism Kaz/PD build into the game allows you to bypass any in-game activity at all.

Well you can claim it, as you did, but it's clearly nonsense.
Those dev's teams that you talk about must be on to something then. Its way too easy to manipulate those scores with fake reviews.
I'm not biased at all with this, I simply use common sense. How can you take millions of unverified reviews and scores seriously? Same for amazon reviews and things like that, you simply dont pay attention to unverified ones, and even verified ones can be fraudulent
Because they work on an aggregate system and statistics to provide a weighted value based on a wide range of factors, that once again is however an aside. You claimed they couldn't be taken seriously, yet they are, and plenty of evidence exists to show that's the case.

So far you're zero for two in terms of claims made.

Last edited:
Yeah, you said this in March as well. It's now August, still there is nothing significantly better. But sure, it could happen. Until then, the figures are correct. Besides, as much as events increase, the total cost of owning all cars is increasing at the same time. The LCD cars are inflating in price every three months, and they add new cars, and so the total time doesn't get any lower.

But not all the cars or even close to it, as we've already established when you told people to just buy the cheaper ones if they can't afford the expensive ones.

This discussion all started because you said someone was complaining there is not enough money. All you've done since is establish that they are 100% correct, there is not enough money. Oh, but there might be in a future update, maybe, because the game isn't finished. A solid retort.
I've got a little bit more than half of the total in the game. In less than 6 months.
You dont have enough money for everyhting but you do earn money for getting a lot of cars.
So Kaz definitely wants you to spend several years playing the game to earn all the cars....unless you're a millionaire, in which case he's happy for you to take an instant shortcut.

..and you still don't see the parallels to real life?
As if it was a torture to simply play and enjoy this game.
And, I'd say being rich and buying them all is most likely no fun at all.

That really doesn't matter, you can't claim with one hand that Kaz/PD want us to earn the cars when a mechanism Kaz/PD build into the game allows you to bypass any in-game activity at all.

Well you can claim it, as you did, but it's clearly nonsense.

Because they work on an aggregate system and statistics to provide a weighted value based on a wide range of factors, that once again is however an aside. You claimed they couldn't be taken seriously, yet they are, and plenty of evidence exists to show that's the case.

So far you're zero for two in terms of claims made.
Yeah well, zero for two if you say so... I stand by what I said on both

I've got a little bit more than half of the total in the game. In less than 6 months.
You dont have enough money for everyhting but you do earn money for getting a lot of cars.

As if it was a torture to simply play and enjoy this game.
And, I'd say being rich and buying them all is most likely no fun at all.
Again, you've missed the point.Just like you missed the point in the post you originally quoted saying the person was complaning about "not enough money":
If I could make the equivalent of 825,000 Credits in half an hour on Mount Panorama, the Nordschleife, Barcelona (no chicane), Trial Mountain, Fisherman's Ranch, Watkins Glen, Deep Forest, Yamagiwa, Laguna Seca etc, that would be a new enough experience for me to be excited to play, and that's only a tiny first step! There's been several missed opportunities to begin adding more substantial GT mode races.
They weren't! Read it again. You can already earn the figure he mentions but only on three tracks. He wants to be able to earn that same amount on a wide range of tracks, not just those three. That is the "torture". No, not literal torture but it really would be so much more fun if people could earn that same amount across all tracks. He doesn't want money at a faster rate (well he might, but he was talking about this as a first step).

The other point, which you've also wonderfully also missed, is that the game is, by your own admission, mimicking the real world situation where millionaires are getting easy access to the rarest cars, whilst the regular folk are not. They've got to go the hard way.

This is supposed to be a fun video game, not a continuation of real life where regular folk can't own a bunch of Ferrari's without spending a crazy amount of time grinding away, whilst the rich folk get them on a plate. But that's GT7 right now.

Last edited:
Yeah well, zero for two if you say so... I stand by what I said on both
You can, but that doesn't change the fact they are both factually inaccurate claims, demonstrably so.

This is why they are clearly examples of cognitive bias on your part, you have been shown clear evidence that refutes your claim and you refuse to acknowledge it.

Again, you've missed the point.Just like you missed the point in the post you originally quoted saying the person was complaning about "not enough money":

They weren't! Read it again. You can already earn the figure he mentions but only on three tracks. He wants to be able to earn that same amount on a wide range of tracks, not just those three. That is the "torture". No, not literal torture but it really would be so much more fun if people could earn that same amount across all tracks. He doesn't want money at a faster rate (well he might, but he was talking about this as a first step).

The other point, which you've also wonderfully also missed, is that the game is, by your own admission, mimicking the real world situation where millionaires are getting easy access to the rarest cars, whilst the regular folk are not. They've got to go the hard way.

This is supposed to be a fun video game, not a continuation of real life where regular folk can't own a bunch of Ferrari's without spending a crazy amount of time grinding away, whilst the rich folk get them on a plate. But that's GT7 right now.
Yeah I always miss the points and you never do. Lol
Sure, I know, the game needs more events, just stop quoting me, It's getting tiresome
You can, but that doesn't change the fact they are both factually inaccurate claims, demonstrably so.

This is why they are clearly examples of cognitive bias on your part, you have been shown clear evidence that refutes your claim and you refuse to acknowledge it.
You also refuse to acknowledge facts that don't suit what you say.
Fact 1: It's a tiny irrelevant minority that buys all the content by microtransactions. I'd like to know the exact number but probably it has only 3 or even 2 digits. It is almost as if they didn't exist. It simply doesn't matter for all of us.
Fact 2: Metacritic scores are too easy to manipulate and full of fakes. Competition also downvote between themselves. It's simply a joke, and the only moderately relevant scores are the professional reviewers (and only moderately)

Those are the two facts I get so the rest dont matter to me.

Last edited:
Yeah I always miss the points and you never do. Lol
Pretty much.
Sure, I know, the game needs more events, just stop quoting me, It's getting tiresome
Nah.
Fact 1: It's a tiny irrelevant minority that buys all the content by microtransactions. I'd like to know the exact number but probably it has only 3 or even 2 digits. It is almost as if they didn't exist. It simply doesn't matter for all of us.
Guess what, nobody denied that fact. It's simply irrelevant to the point that, guess what, you missed. The point is that it's available at all which goes against your claim that Kaz wants everyone to spend years earning the cars. If he did, he wouldn't give anyone the opportunity to buy their way around it.

Last edited:
Sure, I know, the game needs more events, just stop quoting me,
You don't get to tell other members when they can and can't post.
You also refuse to acknowledge facts that don't suit what you say.
That has zero bearing on the claim you made, don't move the goalposts.
Fact 2: Metacritic scores are too easy to manipulate and full of fakes. Competition also downvote between themselves. It's simply a joke, and the only moderately relevant scores are the professional reviewers (and only moderately)
That has zero bearing on the claim you made, don't move the goalposts.
Those are the two facts I get so the rest dont matter to me.
That you had to move the goalposts doesn't remove the cognitive bias your displaying, it reinforces it.

The video game industry (and for that matter TV and Film) disagree, you do know that many dev's teams are bonused based on Meta scores, publishers use it to establish budgets and companies hire based on it?

"The games industry takes review aggregator, Metacritic, very seriously. Not only do some publishers use it to determine how much cash should go to developers, at least one company is using Metacritic scores to screen potential job applicants."
The games industry takes note of the official Metacritic score. GT7 has a Metacritic of 87% which makes it one of the highest rated titles of the year.

User Metacritic scores are highly volatile and often abused. At launch GT7 had a user score around 7.5 after some 3,000 reviews. Within the space of a few days that shot up to over 10,000 and plunged the score under 2.0. Today there are only 10,661 user scores in total. So no more than 600 added in 5 months.

To put that into some context. GT7 was #8 in the UK multi-format charts this week & #3 in the PlayStation charts. To achieve those positions it’s selling between 5k-15k per week in the UK alone.

Amazon also has a rating system where only verified buyers can post reviews. GT7 currently has a score of 4.5/5 from 2,068 buyers.

Last edited:
You don't get to tell other members when they can and can't post.
I ask him to stop quoting me because I won't waste more time going round in circles... Or, i'll just ignore him if he keep on doing so. I mean he doesn't even own the game lol.

The games industry takes note of the official Metacritic score. GT7 has a Metacritic of 87% which makes it one of the highest rated titles of the year.

User Metacritic scores are highly volatile and often abused. At launch GT7 had a user score around 7.5 after some 3,000 reviews. Within the space of a few days that shot up to over 10,000 and plunged the score under 2.0. Today there are only 10,661 user scores in total. So no more than 600 added in 5 months.

To put that into some context. GT7 was #8 in the UK multi-format charts this week & #3 in the PlayStation charts. To achieve those positions it’s selling between 5k-15k per week in the UK alone.

Amazon also has a rating system where only verified buyers can post reviews. GT7 currently has a score of 4.5/5 from 2,068 buyers.
None of which changes the fact that the industry take Metacritic scores seriously, and in particular they take notice of review bombs, and it also has a track record of working.

You're also conflating sales with quality, two metrics that can have very little to do with each other, the Spice Girls have had numerous No. 1 selling records around the world, but that doesn't make it quality music.

I ask him to stop quoting me because I won't waste more time going round in circles... Or, i'll just ignore him if he keep on doing so. I mean he doesn't even own the game lol.
Which you don't get to do (not that you even asked, you instructed), either put the member on your ignore list or stop replying to them.

Last edited:
None of which changes the fact that the industry take Metacritic scores seriously, and in particular they take notice of review bombs, and it also has a track record of working.

You're also conflating sales with quality, two metrics that can have very little to do with each other, the Spice Girls have had numerous No. 1 selling records around the world, but that doesn't make it quality music.

We know why the review bombing occurred. It was triggered by widely reported MTX changes. Then jumped on by various groups. Including, bizzarely, Russian bots after Sony withdrew the game from that market. Still, you have to question the value in a system that has garnered 600 odd user reviews in the intervening 5 months.

I value Amazon reviews higher because they’re verified customers. I’ve watched as the rating has increased from 3 stars to it’s current 4.5. You could argue that’s because it’s now finding a broader, more mainstream, audience.

Quality is a very personal thing. For me GT7 oozes quality & polish in the areas I have the greatest interest. Car & track modelling and the range & diversity of cars. Plus tuning and the general level of presentation. I can give you a long list of things I want improved or added. But it’s still the title I’m playing daily when time allows.

So while some are done with the game. Or haven’t even played it. GT7 will go down as one of my favourite GT’s. Which is why I’m excited to see how the title will develop.

Just fix the damn AI, please.
As a community we need to STOP SAYING THIS!!! Saying that the AI is "broken" or in some way needs to be "fixed" implies that it is not functioning as it is intended.

THE AI IS WORKING PERFECTLY. It is doing EXACTLY what PD intends for it to do. That intention is for it to be ULTRA easy.

Those hoping that Sophy will change things will be immensely disappointed. It doesn't matter how good the AI is, from a technical standpoint, if they set it to be a cake walk level of difficulty.

Personally, I barely play anymore. This is the quickest that I have left a GT on the shelf.

@Scaff is 100% accurate on this. Metacritic scores have been held in high regard by the business end of the industry for a long time. A bad metacritic score can get you fired.
So while some are done with the game. Or haven’t even played it. GT7 will go down as one of my favourite GT’s. Which is why I’m excited to see how the title will develop.
Pardon? "See how the title will develop"? This is it. Add a couple more cars and maybe a track, but this is it. Nothing is changing from this moment into the remainder of it's life cycle. If something does significantly change, it will be because of user apathy and a bid to get them back.

Last edited:
We know why the review bombing occurred. It was triggered by widely reported MTX changes. Then jumped on by various groups. Including, bizzarely, Russian bots after Sony withdrew the game from that market. Still, you have to question the value in a system that has garnered 600 odd user reviews in the intervening 5 months.
It was triggered by the MTX issues, and by the outage that left a title almost unplayable for over a day.
I value Amazon reviews higher because they’re verified customers. I’ve watched as the rating has increased from 3 stars to it’s current 4.5. You could argue that’s because it’s now finding a broader, more mainstream, audience.

Quality is a very personal thing. For me GT7 oozes quality & polish in the areas I have the greatest interest. Car & track modelling and the range & diversity of cars. Plus tuning and the general level of presentation. I can give you a long list of things I want improved or added. But it’s still the title I’m playing daily when time allows.

Absolutely all of which is anecdotal to you, and more importantly, nothing to do with the point that was being discussed.

In this site, if you don't hate on the game, you aint cool. That's facts right dere
I think you need to re-check the definition of the word 'fact'.

Those hoping that Sophy will change things will be immensely disappointed. It doesn't matter how good the AI is, from a technical standpoint, if they set it to be a cake walk level of difficulty.
We don’t know how Sophy will be integrated into GT7. There are many incredibly difficult events but it’s often because the AI cheats or rubber bands. Often leaving players to use cheat cars or glitches themselves.

If I know the AI is working with the same car and physics as the player. That’s a step in the right direct. Not that I expect much more than a few Missions.

@Scaff is 100% accurate on this. Metacritic scores have been held in high regard by the business end of the industry for a long time. A bad metacritic score can get you fired.
We have GT7 with an 87% Metascore. User scores on the other hand are incredibly dubious.

Pardon? "See how the title will develop"? This is it. Add a couple more cars and maybe a track, but this is it. Nothing is changing from this moment into the remainder of it's life cycle. If something does significantly change, it will be because of user apathy and a bid to get them back.
If GT7 only gets more cars (likely in the dozens), tracks & events. I’ll be more than happy. Do I think GT7 will see some more substantial updates over its lifespan? Yes I do. Support for new hardware, new platforms, new services, new features, new collaborations.

Back