1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,479 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
bwahaha, the other day I found two 240s. Regulars, but still.

As for the Kenmeri, I've even popped open one to swap the wheels and interior (:

WTF the S30 is a thunt w/o rubber tires?

I have a C10, and i'm feverishly looking for the C110.

LOL i'm also awaiting the release of the 510 Vintage Racer

Toys'r'us should have the 458 Italia and the Kenmeri Skyline. Each one I've checked had a new long two-sided shipper. I've heard that many Target's have also just restocked.

Btw guys, November 5th is Kmart Collector Day. Want to open a fresh case? Then come! :D
I was having a bad day at work today, then completely 🤬 by traffic on the way home, so what do I do? I stopped by Toys R Us on the way home. :D

I didn't find anything I was looking for, outside "Cars 2" toy for my nephew, but I did like couple of cars and I picked them up:
dscn1019p.jpg

On the right is a '70 Buick GSX. I've always liked Johnny Lightning cars. 👍 I saw the two-sided displays, but it was filled with many same models that no one would want. I think the game is being rigged at my local Toys R Us. :crazy:
bwahaha, the other day I found two 240s. Regulars, but still.

As for the Kenmeri, I've even popped open one to swap the wheels and interior (:
What gives! :lol:
I've been looking for weeks for the A-Team, still nothing. I'll be making the rounds this weekend so I'll keep everyone posted. Still haven't seen the Kenmeri Skyline or the new 458. Of course I'd love to find the Datsun as well, but I told myself that would never happen from the beginning. I haven't seen a single T-hunt of any kind in person ever, so it's kind of a long shot.
Sounds like we are in the same boat. Good luck to ya. :D

I had the day off to take care of some bidness, so while out of town, I checked out couple of places for Hot Wheels, but again, no-go. It's disappointing. Everywhere I go, they are cleaned out. I still haven't seen Hakosuka in weeks, and still no sign of Kenmeri or A-Team we covet. I did bring home the Matchbox Miura I already have. I have the yellow one, but this one was 70's orange color I just couldn't resist. :D

Driving Park: You have good taste. :D:tup:

FREAKING mad. Supermarkets here won't take chances any more. About 5 years ago Wal Mart brought Jada Toys' lineup and it was cool. even if they were well within the us$5 range, people emptied the pegs when they were put up and soon the only ones you could find were the really ugly ones. And those sold too. Soriana (a local supermarket) also brought the "For Sale" line up of Jadas, as well as 1:24 sets, and they sold well. Then Comercial Mexicana (another local supermarket) brought Hot Wheels line up of 1:43~ street customs and they couldn't have them in pegs long enough.

Then it all went downhill. Basic-line Majorettes replaced Jadas at Wal Mart, and Wellys replaced HW's premium line at Comercial. Then the Majorettes were replaced by HORRIBLY cheap Motormaxes, Comercial dropped the Welly line up (which was pretty good btw), and Soriana dropped everything altogether, just stocking HW and MB basic lineup. Then this year Wal Mart replaced the MotorMaxes with even WORSE cars that I don't know where they are getting, but they ain't even worth the us$.50 they are asking for them. It's horrible.

And yeah, you all have Johnnys, M2s, Greenlights at the freaking supermarket, alongside with any premium line that HW and MB brigns along. In here we get, what... maybe two or three HW Garage boxes every two months in SOME Wal Marts. Mexico sucks.

FREAKING mad. Supermarkets here won't take chances any more. About 5 years ago Wal Mart brought Jada Toys' lineup and it was cool. even if they were well within the us$5 range, people emptied the pegs when they were put up and soon the only ones you could find were the really ugly ones. And those sold too. Soriana (a local supermarket) also brought the "For Sale" line up of Jadas, as well as 1:24 sets, and they sold well. Then Comercial Mexicana (another local supermarket) brought Hot Wheels line up of 1:43~ street customs and they couldn't have them in pegs long enough.

Then it all went downhill. Basic-line Majorettes replaced Jadas at Wal Mart, and Wellys replaced HW's premium line at Comercial. Then the Majorettes were replaced by HORRIBLY cheap Motormaxes, Comercial dropped the Welly line up (which was pretty good btw), and Soriana dropped everything altogether, just stocking HW and MB basic lineup. Then this year Wal Mart replaced the MotorMaxes with even WORSE cars that I don't know where they are getting, but they ain't even worth the us$.50 they are asking for them. It's horrible.

And yeah, you all have Johnnys, M2s, Greenlights at the freaking supermarket, alongside with any premium line that HW and MB brigns along. In here we get, what... maybe two or three HW Garage boxes every two months in SOME Wal Marts. Mexico sucks.

Yeah, BUT.............I've never seen a Majorette or any kind of T-Hunt in my life. :grumpy: And besides, even the cheapest cars cost $.80 and the M2's/Greenlights etc. don't go for below $6 a piece in the stores I see them in.

Moving on, I scored BIG today (for me; it's nothing compared to a big score for Cano etc.:crazy: ). I went to both the Wal-Mart and the Target, and BOTH had just restocked. I don't have a whole bunch of extra cash to blow right now so I had to let a lot of things go, but I still walked away with 17 cars (it cost a LOT more than 17 bucks though, as a lot of them were premium series). Highlights include a Morgan Aeromax, a 240Z (it was part of the holiday series, but I don't care, it's a 240Z!!!), and.............THE A-TEAM VAN!!!!! There was only one in both restocks combined, and I got it. SO glad I found it. 👍

I didn't grab any, but the HW Vintage Racers or whatever it's called series is really cool. It has cars in actual famous race car schemes, including Richard Petty's car, AND THE BRE DATSUN 510. Next time I have some money to burn I'm going to have to grab that. Still no new 458 or Skyline, but I can wait on those.

Another interesting thing I found in the Wal-Mart was this Dodge Viper RT/10 from 1995 stuck in the midst of all the new models. Don't know why, but I had to grab it! :D That's one of the best finds I've made so far in my collecting career. :lol:

Well done. 👍 And lol at the Viper, because that happened to me before with a Matchbox Mustang Convertible from 1999. I bought it too. :D

I'm not too excited to hear that you snagged just one A-Team Van. Unless it was because Oregon got most of them!

the M2's/Greenlights etc. don't go for below $6 a piece in the stores I see them in.

SO.
FREAKING.
CHEAP.

Want to spend $15-20 on one? come here.

I didn't grab any, but the HW Vintage Racers or whatever it's called series is really cool. It has cars in actual famous race car schemes, including Richard Petty's car, AND THE BRE DATSUN 510. Next time I have some money to burn I'm going to have to grab that.

I need to get off my ass and grab all those in E-Bay, I only have the first 9 that came out. As with the Dragstrip Demons series, I'm falling well behind.

Another interesting thing I found in the Wal-Mart was this Dodge Viper RT/10 from 1995 stuck in the midst of all the new models. Don't know why, but I had to grab it! :D That's one of the best finds I've made so far in my collecting career. :lol:

In a Wal Mart? amazing.

I'm not too excited to hear that you snagged just one A-Team Van. Unless it was because Oregon got most of them!

Yeah, actually the first thing I thought after getting over having found one was "man, I hope they're not always going to be this rare, 'cause it'll be hard for the rest of the GTP HW collectors to find in the stores!

SO.
FREAKING.
CHEAP.

Want to spend $15-20 on one? come here.

:ouch: Ouch.

At the Wal-Mart they also sell larger M2's (1:32, 1:18 etc.). Impeccable quality, but I'd never buy one due to how expensive they must be, even here.

In a Wal Mart? amazing.

I know, it caught me really off guard.

So far I've bought 80 cars this semester, but I have a feeling that's going to be a lot more after next weekend, considering there are 2 Big K-Marts close to me and the K-Mart Collector Day is next weekend.:drool::scared:

Last edited:
I've started making my collection status more focused to youtube
anyone want to see the large amount of videos

just post them, dude.

Anyway, Imma show you a wheel swap I performed recently. One of those cheap Motormaxes that I mentioned Wal Mart was selling last year was this Pontiac GTO, which is very VERY well done, but the wheels it comes with kill it. Bad:
4702487166_eef0b02a26_b.jpg

So I swapped in some HW 5-spokes. I had to file the interior piece of the car a bit so the bigger rears would roll freely. The change is absolutely dramatic:
IMG_4602.jpg

But... well, lets just say that the opening process for this car was a bit rough: the Dremel swiveled a bit when I was opening it, and it ate a bit of plastic. Dah.
IMG_4604.jpg

But that gave me an excelent reason to do something more than just the wheel change; I made a chin spoiler out of a piece of black flexible plastic:
IMG_5283.jpg

It looks like this at the front now:
IMG_5404.jpg

In the rear, I put a couple of ballpen tips (lol) as exhaust:
IMG_5405.jpg

And a friend detailed the taillamps:
IMG_5408.jpg

And that was all. The difference is incredible, looks like another car altogether.
IMG_5406.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5401.jpg

So, there goes another one.

Good God, HotWheels! I've got a box of em up on my wardrobe from when I was a kid. I know a few of my favourites were the AC Cobra which had a bonnet you could open, and I had a chrome Shelby Cobra Concept if I remember right? Gah, I'll have to get my collection out and take a snap, to think these would be worth something when they were gonna get chucked out in the next spring clean!

So on my way to work, I had the intention to stop by the toy store and grab that GT40 I forgot to pick up with the last group of cars I purchased.... the places is located in the mall and so I stopped by Zellers first and found a bunch of cars I've never seen before (photos are coming soon)...

Anyway, before I left, I read "Ford GT40" on the packaging and I was so excited because I wouldn't need to go to the toy store that's on the other side of the mall. Looked at the car itself ad said "THIS ISN'T THE GT40!!!" It was some fictional van that was put in there and stapled up because some kid decided to crack open the GT40 and pocket that! :mad:

Thanks all for the kind comments on the GTO, I'll soon post some other cars I've recently swapped, I've been pretty active doing that stuff lately.

Good God, HotWheels! I've got a box of em up on my wardrobe from when I was a kid. I know a few of my favourites were the AC Cobra which had a bonnet you could open, and I had a chrome Shelby Cobra Concept if I remember right? Gah, I'll have to get my collection out and take a snap, to think these would be worth something when they were gonna get chucked out in the next spring clean!

pictures!!!

Anyway, before I left, I read "Ford GT40" on the packaging and I was so excited because I wouldn't need to go to the toy store that's on the other side of the mall. Looked at the car itself ad said "THIS ISN'T THE GT40!!!" It was some fictional van that was put in there and stapled up because some kid decided to crack open the GT40 and pocket that! :mad:

Welcome to Mexico.

Welcome to Mexico.
:lol:

Those pen tip exhausts really are money in the bank. I liked the chin spoiler, especially. 👍

This mis-package(or re-package) thing reminded me about the Camaro's I kept seeing few weeks ago. Picture I think shows later 80's Camaro, but one in the packaging was the previous generation Camaro? If they did that by mistake, they did not catch it for awhile, because it was everywhere for sometime. They were both Camaros, same paint schemes & everything.

Found some stuff the other day....
picture.php

picture.php

Impreza! Finally!

picture.php

picture.php

A Mini! Finally!

picture.php

picture.php

I had the red one when I was little, couldn't resist to grab this one too :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Only got a few more left of these guys to get hold of.

Back