1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,480 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
new sneak peaks

2012 new models
2011 BMW M3 GTR
hwc_sneaks_64879.jpg

'71 Plymouth Road Runner
hwc_sneaks_64888.jpg

2011 car of the decades
'35 Cadillac
hwc_sneaks_64897.jpg

'69 Chevy Camaro
hwc_sneaks_64906.jpg

'92 Ford Mustang
hwc_sneaks_64915.jpg

2012 collector series(supers hidden within)
67 Plymouth GTX (Muscle Mania - Mopar)
hwc_sneaks_64834.jpg

2010 Chevy Impala (Faster Than Ever)
hwc_sneaks_64843.jpg

Datsun 240Z (Faster Than Ever)
hwc_sneaks_64852.jpg

Aston Martin DBS (Faster Than Ever)
hwc_sneaks_64861.jpg

'67 Chevelle SS 396 (Muscle Mania - GM)
hwc_sneaks_64870.jpg

new models ftw

Those gold wheels look pretty funky, the Impala looks great. Looking forward to the new models but seeing as I only got 2 TH's this year I'm not holding out for any next year what with them being even harder to find.

Robin.

SVX
Congratulations, Driving Park, you have made the 3000th post!

Whoa, I didn't even notice! :dunce:

2011 BMW M3 GTR
hwc_sneaks_64879.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Those gold wheels look pretty funky

Agreed. I like the silver with normal (ish) wheels version of the DBS from this year better. But I'll probably still buy it anyway, because who could turn down a DBS? :drool:

I want that sexy & really boxy 240Z! :lol:

:lol: I mean, you know, 510 is pretty close to 240...💡

Driving Park
Agreed. I like the silver with normal (ish) wheels version of the DBS from this year better. But I'll probably still buy it anyway, because who could turn down a DBS? :drool:

I would. :P I would get it if it had different wheels. :lol:

I'm going to try and go shopping tomorrow and grab some stuff. :) We'll see...

hwc_sneaks_64888.jpg

OH GOT DAMN I NEED THIS :drool:

EDIT:

And this is a great starting point for a custom, just swap the wheels, detail a bit and erase some tampos, and off you go.
hwc_sneaks_64852.jpg

If I recall correctly, he repainted it completely? I don't remember well. My point is that it does look like a race car, you just need to loose the wheels and some tampos, and add detailing, and you're set.

I'd rather the M3 had some tampos on the headlights/tail lights and ditched the livery. Some nice cars coming in. I read someone had already gotten the datto 510 and a few other 2012 cars so I doubt the m3 is far behind. I got a few more cars this week. Some old and new.

dscf0434q.jpg

Last edited:
HOLLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP WITH THE YELLOW REAL RIDER!!!! IN FRENCH CARD!!!

Also the red stocker also in french card!!!

wow.

WTF??? Where did you get those cars? They are amazing!!! Super SUPER grabs, dude. Big time.

You guys have convinced me to go out and get a few. I already have a Porsche Carrera GT but that's it. What are some things I should look for that make a car special or rare? Anything other than the Treasure Hunts? Mostly I'll be looking for my favorite models but I don't want to pass up a good one.

You've got Wyvern in your name...Awesome! My two cents is to grab what you like to start. If the passion ever fades you're still left with things you like to view on the shelf. :)

PS: Just back from the Flea Market. Scored Stompers, some nice UHs, a real rider, Kidco Co Magnum PI car, several nice blue/white cards including two of the Huffman Racing stockers, 7 Tatoo machines on card, a Tootsie Datsun on card and a Frightning Lightning Ecto ON CARD. (Only $5!!!) Will have pics this evening

HOLLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP WITH THE YELLOW REAL RIDER!!!! IN FRENCH CARD!!!

Also the red stocker also in french card!!!

wow.

WTF??? Where did you get those cars? They are amazing!!! Super SUPER grabs, dude. Big time.

Last 2 weeks finds have all been from the same person. He is clearing out all his HW's and sticking to lesneys. I got the cars last week at an absolute steal but this time he had checked southtexas diecast so he knew what everything he was selling was worth. He is still generally asking a lot less than what they are valued at though so got this lot at a reasonable price. I'm going to have to go back and grab one more car I spoke to you about last time. ;)

Some more ebay and store purchases

A 1996 Ted Musgrave Nascar

PA170104 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Stockcar from the 1995 Matchbox USA Convention

PA170105 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Matchbox Model A Van

PA170106 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Matchbox Breakdown Van and a Lesney Holden Pickup

PA170107 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Custom 53 Chevy, Citroen C4 Rally, Meyers Manx and a Green Lantern 71 Dodge Challenger

PA170108 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Diesel Duty, Shelby GT500 Super Snake, and a Cool-One

PA170109 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A American Performance 5 Pack

PA170110 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Lancer EvoX Police Car

PA170112 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Yamaha Rhino, Crown Victoria Taxi, 68 Mustang GT CS and a 72 Ford Gran Torino

PA170113 by commodoreben, on Flickr

I got these yesterday:

Honda S2000 RM (grey)
Porsche Carrera GT (yellow)
Porsche GT3 RS (dark grey with red decals)
Ford GT (purple with silver stripes)
Ferrari 458 (silver)
Dodge Viper GTS-R (orange with black stripes)
Ferrari Enzo (yellow)
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C (silver with blue stripes)
Porsche Panamera (dark green)

I don't have a good camera though so I'll post pics when I can.

Oh and the best one I got:
Chevrolet Stingray Concept (dark blue with red stripes), all-metal, rubber tires, very nice looking one. The best one I got by far.

:D

Had some unexpected finds today when I went to get some breakfast cereal the pegs had just been restocked with hotwheels and I found 2 2012 Ford Falcon Race Cars, and a 2012 64 Chevelle SS I also picked up a 2011 Renin Rig Ill post pics tomorrow

Pictures of my Flea Market haul this past weekend. I normally like to have a decent looking post with headings and what not, but I'm facing random bouts of laziness.

IMG_0983.jpg

Yellow car top left is a Tootsie Toy on card. Camaro is International Card. (Canada) I'm looking up info on the Matchbox Key car. It was $2 and I'd not seen one before. Oh and of course the Tattoo machines. They were $2/piece.

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

Gold Car is a Kidco Magnum PI car. Ford Delivery was 5-pk only. HW put out two Ford 5-pks that year and this was the swap car that wasnt in the other. Lesney Racing Mini was $1. Its not mint, but its very displayable. (Though I currently dont display any Lesney)

IMG_0989.jpg

This was an eBay win. Cost me $4 and change.

IMG_0990.jpg

This was $5

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back