1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,480 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
The KPGC110 has hit the shelves! I REPEAT, THE KPGC110 HAS HIT THE SHELVES!!!

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

Found it at Toys'R'Us in an already opened (go figure :rolleyes:) 72 count box. It's so damn beautiful! I can't wait until I see more! :D

The first picture makes it look like it's not proportioned quite right, like the bottom half is too tall. But whatever, it's a Hot Wheels and Skyline and so I must have it immediately! 💡

Just in time for Christmas, eh? :lol:

I rarely come across that GT-R(on the internet), I forget it exist! That one in the Japanese police scheme gotta be my favorite Skyline, all-time.

A-Team Van became my second priority after this! :D:tup:

The A-Team Van is still my priority. I made a great Target and K-Mart pickup last weekend, including the One-77, but still no A-Team Van. :banghead:

The A-Team Van is still my priority. I made a great Target and K-Mart pickup last weekend, including the One-77, but still no A-Team Van. :banghead:
Same here, but I was sweating over Back to the Future car just few months ago. Now, they are all over the frigging place. Having said that, I never saw the Ghostbusters car in stores. Ever.

Last edited:
Same here, but I was sweating over Back to the Future car just few months ago. Now, they are all over the frigging place. Having said that, I never saw the Ghostbusters car in stores. Ever.

The DeLorean was difficult the first month, today they are run-of-the-mill, but the Ecto 1 WAS very very VERY difficult. It only came out like one month and then it was gone. And of course scalpers made away with everything, at least over here. When I found mine, it was hidden. That was the only Ecto-1 I ever saw at a store.

I think you could say it was a limited production car, like a few years ago the 55 Chevy Panel, the Karmann Ghia or the Type III VW.

I'd have bought a couple more. Still looking for one on eBay, but for around six bucks. I'm not being cheap, it's matter of principle! :D

I was gonna edit this stuff on on the last post....

While looking for that KenMary Skyline Police Model, found these you guys might be interested in:

Modified Tomica of Japanese Unmarked Police Car

Great paint job on KenMary(nickname explained in the link, it's pronounced along the lines of "Kenmeli")

Very cool, very obscure minicar page I bumped into. Throwback bus I saw on this page is unbelievably money(3rd car down). Apparently 1/110 scale. Gorgeous.

Edit: Another link of the bus(I'm such a nerd, but can't help it).

The Kenmeri Skylines on this are amazing. Tomytec I believe.
..................well.

Is it just me, or the modded unmarked cop car + the painted KenMary car both just production models? "Kenmeri" you liked at the bottom of one page, that looks identical to supposed custom Skyline on the other link I posted. I just read his blog, and he's going into detail about how he had to take the original silver paint off, mold custom parts to create the chin-spoiler, etc. There is a good chance that this blogger guy is a nut, just making the stories up. I think I might have ran into the weird part of the internet. Again. :crazy:

The DeLorean was difficult the first month, today they are run-of-the-mill, but the Ecto 1 WAS very very VERY difficult. It only came out like one month and then it was gone. And of course scalpers made away with everything, at least over here. When I found mine, it was hidden. That was the only Ecto-1 I ever saw at a store.

I think you could say it was a limited production car, like a few years ago the 55 Chevy Panel, the Karmann Ghia or the Type III VW.

Scalpers are terrible over here as well, especially when it comes to Australian cars. I never saw the blue XB Falcon Coupe in stores and I only found the yellow XB at a SuperCheap Auto store - not exactly a place that scalpers go to find Hotwheels. One can only hope that there's double the usual amount of the new FG Falcon V8 Supercar shown in this week's HW Collectors sneak peeks sent to Australia to keep the scalpers at bay.

Oh, and I had one of those Karmann Ghias snatched away from me at the last moment by a scalper who was unpacking a box of new cars and taking all of the good ones. He'd been a bit indecisive about getting it until I walked over and reached for it. Thankfully I found another one a few weeks later.

The falcon race car is already on shelves. Know of 1 guy who got one in store in Australia.

Scalpers are really bad here but at the same time the shelves are hopeless. Today I went to 4 stores with absolutely full shelves. Not one car I was interested in and there are at least 15-20 cars I am looking for that should be out at the moment.

On the upside I'm picking up 180 odd cars on the weekend all still sealed. Don't really know what is included bar them being from early to late 90's. I'll post it up once I get the cars home.

Last edited:
basically guys who go around stores buying hotwheels in order to re sell at a higher price. They grab every single one of the more desirable cars and leave rubbish on the shelves.

Scalpers are really bad here but at the same time the shelves are hopeless. Today I went to 4 stores with absolutely full shelves. Not one car I was interested in and there are at least 15-20 cars I am looking for that should be out at the moment.

Exact same here as well. Every time I go into Big W they seem to have restocked the Hot Wheels section... but with the same cars as last time.
Don't get me started on their Matchbox section either - there's about 10 beige Volvo C30's that have just been sitting on the shelves for what I'd estimate to be 3-4 years, with a few 6-12 month old Priuses scattered in with the Volvos.

I'm picking up 180 odd cars on the weekend all still sealed. Don't really know what is included bar them being from early to late 90's. I'll post it up once I get the cars home.

Yep you will. QUICKLY :0

What does that video mean? :crazy:

P.S. I made my coworker tag around to the Hot Wheels section today during lunch. :P Lots & lots of cars, but no A-Team, No Kenmeri Skyline. It's to be expected!

I had the normal C110 in there but sadly I ruined it's look as a kid. Now I regretted it too. :indiff:

Question, what are these "scalpers" you guys are talking about?
You should get another one on eBay. Post in this thread brought up my memory of old Lincoln Mark I used to have as a kid. Although it was a Tomica, from Japan in the 70's, they actually got them on eBay. I also found out that they also sold them in States under "Tomy" brand name, which was news to me.

They only have wrong color cars on eBay now, but according to the "completed list" search, two cars sold with the color I want in September, so I'm just waiting for another one to come up! :)

Another Ebay purchase has arrived

A Jeff Gordon and Ricky Rudd Nascar

PA060103 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Lesney Planet Scout that is missing its paint

PA060104 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Lesney Soopa Coopa

PA060105 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Lesney Mod Rod missing its glass

PA060106 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Pair of 350SL Lesneys I do have a complete one of these somewhere

PA060107 by commodoreben, on Flickr

And a Hotwheels Birthday Cobra

PA060108 by commodoreben, on Flickr

I have plenty of more cars to take pics of hopefully Ill have them up soon

Nice Merc's! Love the one with the top.

Yesterday I picked up a couple of cars myself, from my favorite 99 cent/discount store. :) They had more, but I didn't have much cash on me at the time. So I took the best of the bunch. Will go back tomorrow for more.

Both of the M1 cards, Street Beast and BMW M1.
IMG_2896.jpg

The Thunder Roller is a massive piece.
IMG_2892.jpg

Some of my recent store purchases and a couple of ebay items

My first Japanese Carded Hotwheel

PA070103 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Greenlight Black Bandit Firebird

PA070105 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A 89 Blazer, 57 Chevy and a 57 GMC Stepside Lesneys

PA070106 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Some shortcarded Matchboxes
A Toyota 4 Runner,Lotus Europa, Corvette ZR-1 and a Lincoln Navigator

PA070108 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Caterham R500, Firebird Formula and a MBX Lift

PA070109 by commodoreben, on Flickr

The long carded Matchbox
2 Panamera's one green one purple, Charger Police Car, Ford Police Interceptor and a Mini Cooper S Convertible

PA070110 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Short Carded Hotwheels
A 911 GT3 RS, Tread Air, 68 Chevy Nova and a 56 Flashsider

PA070112 by commodoreben, on Flickr

The long carded Hotwheels
A Street Cleaver, Ferrari California, Low Flow, Corvette Grand Sport and a Tri & Stop Me

PA070113 by commodoreben, on Flickr

And a Dirt Track Race 5 pack

PA070114 by commodoreben, on Flickr
From the top down they are a HW450, Power Sander, Tractor, Subaru Impreza and a Ford Dump Truck

and a 1996 Melbourne Motor Show Camaro

PA070115 by commodoreben, on Flickr

I have the blue Firebird(Matchbox), but the gold looks tons better to me. I'm gonna be looking for that one. Black Bandit thing, I'm not really familiar with. Just looked on eBay, and they seem to be going for just under $10 with shipping. I LOVE the car, but with me being casual collector at best, I just can't justify the purchase with so much other stuff on the wishlist. :ouch: Only exception right now is that Tomica Lincoln Continental from my toddler-hood!

Back