1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,480 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
-snip-
DSCN4145.jpg

-snip-
That Fiesta looks pretty nice, I wish they made his Subarus when it was still the cool stuff.

Never bought some in a while. I think it was worth the wait.

40's Ford
6178667612_5534030323_z.jpg

Pontiac GTO
6178667484_f0062970c5_z.jpg

Ken Block Ford Fiesta
6178667348_6d287a1764_z.jpg

Caterham R500
6178142595_439448b775_z.jpg

Aston One-77
6178142483_fe91ca357c_z.jpg

I went to the local Target today (went to K-Mart and Wal-Mart last weekend) and made a great pickup. Unfortunately, there was no Ken Block Fiesta, A-Team Van, or Aston One-77, but I'm still really satisfied. I walked out with 10 cars total, including a killer Aston DBS Volante (almost makes up for no One-77...almost), and a 5-pack including a teal Murcielago, a red XJ220 and a LOTUS ESPRIT!!! :drool: I really wish I had a camera...

I used to collec them...but then it started to look really wierd when I'd walk outta there at my age with 30 of them.

Another weekend, another trip out for diecast.

This time I went to the Mehlville High School Tailgate Sale in St. Louis. I arrived anhour after opening, so I wasnt expecting good stuff left. (There are a lot of collectors in my area including two HWC) Then I pull into the lot, which is full. But we cant back out because the line of cars stretches into the intersection at the street. We start slowly rolling towards the back of the school by the track. Then a lady comes running like a loon at us...a car has stalled and we are only moving because they are pushing it out of the way. Meanwhile, as I'm patiently waiting...letting cars get around me who are heading home...my christian motoring pays off. A man who had been sitting in his car backs out not a space from where I'm stuck in line and I gunned it...feeling rather smug that the soccer moms and grannies on the go who b'lined around me missed on this parking opp.

The place was packed, but having just been to a HS tailgate last weekend, I recognized much of the same junk. But then, I turned a corner and found two tables where I picked up the following:

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

The carded Matchbox were .50/piece while I paid a dollar for the yo-yo since I'd never seen one.

The 4 cars in the second pick were a dollar each or 4/$3. They are all scores. The Kelloggs Super...rare and awesome. The General Mills collection Stutz...been looking for that car loose (since its the only good car from the special mailin collection) for a year or so now. The super chromes Twin Mill...yea I'll pay .75 for a super chromes car ANYDAY. And finally a Matchbox Ruff Trek. In all honesty, I'm the most pleased about scoring the Holden Ruff Trek only because I've never seen one. Its worth probably right at $4 in this C6+ condition, but its still a major score.

The last two pictures....well they were bought from the guy who had the Yo-Yo for .25/piece!! Count them up, I paid $3 for the lot. Several cars in there are worth that and in total I'd say the resale value is easily $16-18.

Just to sum it up.....Arrived late, showed patient. Honed by christian motoring skills and scored the entire lot here for $10! I love flea markets.

DW - that's so weird - I just hung a yo-yo like that on my display wall today! Maybe pics later . . . no real time to post lately as I'm really busy with work. I still use my phone to browse whenever I have a chance. Quick note here to comment on the yo-yo!
I have purchased a bunch of stuff, too. Will get to a computer soon.

GREAT grabs Wyvern. I can't believe the price you paid for all that stuff, AWESOME. I speacially dig the blue Stutz. Care to explain? I had never seen that one, and yes, I read your post, but I dont know what the heck General Mills is.

The Toy Story Shock Factor is awesome!

@ Cano--General Mills brands cereal. You clipped the UPC codes off boxes and mailed in for I believe four or five cars. (which I never did and actually you wouldnt have to because they released the cars in gift packs the same year) This could be a gift pack version, but then I expect the guy would have had the others.

Folks may notice, if they are observant or have as little a life as I do, that I often purchase cars I already have (and have posted).
This is true. If I saw these exact same cars tomorrow at the Toymanshow that I bought today and they were the same price or even .50/piece.....I'd buy them again. The man with the most cars doesnt always win, but the guy who has 12 mint copies of the same Oldsmobile Aurora...well he just might! :D

@ Cano--General Mills brands cereal. You clipped the UPC codes off boxes and mailed in for I believe four or five cars. (which I never did and actually you wouldnt have to because they released the cars in gift packs the same year) This could be a gift pack version, but then I expect the guy would have had the others.

Folks may notice, if they are observant or have as little a life as I do, that I often purchase cars I already have (and have posted).
This is true. If I saw these exact same cars tomorrow at the Toymanshow that I bought today and they were the same price or even .50/piece.....I'd buy them again. The man with the most cars doesnt always win, but the guy who has 12 mint copies of the same Oldsmobile Aurora...well he just might! :D

hahahaha, I've noticed that pretty much. I also buy repeats, but to sell them off or trade them, as I know a lot of guys that just got into collecting two years ago or so that don't have any of the cars that I've had for 15 years. It works.

Last edited:
Some store purchases
Finally got a Brasilia

P9170103 by commodoreben, on Flickr

and a Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

P9260105 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Another ebay lot has arrived
A Matchbox Corvette GranSport and Cadillac Allante

P9260106 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Matchbox Bill Elliott Thunderbird Nascar and a Revell Dale Earnhardt Monte Carlo Nascar

P9260107 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Matchbox Challenger and a Hotwheels Countach

P9260108 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Racing Champions Terry Labonte Chevy Nascar

P9260109 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A 1st Editions 1/4 Mile Coupe

P9260110 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Matchbox Lensey Superfast Corvette and Challenger

P9260111 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Matchbox Lensey Superfast Fire Chief and Datsun 260Z and a Lensey Mercedes Trailer

P9260112 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Matchbox Lensey Superfast Blue Shark and a Lensey Jumbo Crane and a Matchbox NASA Transporter

P9260113 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Nothing special? There are good cars in there!!! The Superfasts and Corgis stand out!

Hi Cano

I really thought that they are completely worthless as they cost me not even 20 british pence each :) but

it is soooo good to have you here! :cheers:

Some store purchases

A Matchbox Challenger and a Hotwheels Countach

P9260108 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Wow, I can't even rememebr the last time I saw a Hot Wheels in a box. GREAT purchase. In fact, I didn't know that box!

Hi Cano

I really thought that they are completely worthless as they cost me not even 20 british pence each :) but

it is soooo good to have you here! :cheers:

That's not worthless dude, that's called a score!!! I wouldn't sell any of those for less than usd$2 each here in Mexico, some of them maybe more, with the exception of the HW F1 car, that one IS worthless, lol.

Wow, I can't even rememebr the last time I saw a Hot Wheels in a box. GREAT purchase. In fact, I didn't know that box!

I have also got a couple of hotwheels special edition commodores that are in a similar box. But the Lamborghini's box has the glue wearing away on the flap so I might have to reglue it. Normally if the box was damaged id just take the car out but because of the box it is in I dont want to.

Yup, what R1600Turbo said. I myself, find HWC.com to be a very boring place. :P The user control is terrible and whenever I glance at the number of online members, it's NEVER over 100.

But, it certainly looks like the site was made for younger kids, so I don't know.

Now on a brighter note, here are some cars I've picked up recently. Some from K-Mart K-Day, eBay, and my trip over the weekend to H20i in Maryland. VW/Audi 4 lyfe!!! :D

IMG_2830.jpg

Sorry about the glare.
IMG_2823.jpg

Nice finds! :drool:👍

M-POWER_FTW
Now on a brighter note, here are some cars I've picked up recently. Some from K-Mart K-Day, eBay, and my trip over the weekend to H20i in Maryland. VW/Audi 4 lyfe!!! :D

How did I miss H20i? How come I never heard of it around here? :(
(By the way, I did google it to know what it was)

Nice finds! :drool:👍

How did I miss H20i? How come I never heard of it around here? :(
(By the way, I did google it to know what it was)

Thanks and H20i is in Ocean City, MD. It's on a main strip along the water. But, there's also GTG's all around in other towns. My buddy and I were actually directing the traffic for the MK2 Jetta/GTi GTG. I think the best part was meeting up with more than ten S4's, two S5's, and about 5 GTi's/R32's in Jersey on the way to Maryland. You can imagine how that went on the highway. :D And just about every car had walkie talkie's tuned in to the same channel for communication and jokes. Very awesome trip.

Back