1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,481 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Sting Rod and Bug Brain are the same car. I am very certain. The car was given a cold temp. name and a warm temp. name.

$41 was for the carded AND all the loose I posted.

Aaah, I didn't know the twin-name thing, awesome. And 41 for the entire lot was all good, then. But as you posted separate prices for each of the lots, I thought the 41 vucks was for the carded ones only.

Good grabs.

Huge score last night! Keep an eye on your WalMarts for new stuff!

Walked into one of my local WalMarts to get some stuff for lunches for the rest of the week. Thought I would wander by the toys to see if they had any new Hotwheels out. Didn't see much, but at the same time the stockers were bringing out the pallets for restocking. I noticed about 5-6 of the long Hotwheels boxes on two of the pallets, so I started looking for an employee. Found one in Photo, and here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Hi, is there someone in toys right now?"
Employee: "No actually, but I can help you."
Me: "I Just wanted to see if we can open a couple boxes over there."
Employee: "Sure, no problem."
Me: "Awesome, thanks."

Needless to say she was super helpful and let me go through all 6 boxes. Finds included two treasure hunts, one super treasure hunt (rubber tires), a Ken Block Fiesta, A-Team Van, and a bunch of other stuff. I'll have to post pictures tomorrow as I forgot the memory card for my camera at work. 👍

I don't understand..... A-Team Van? For real?

P.S. I can't believe so few treasure hunts were found out of sealed boxes. No wonder I've never seen one!

Edit: Oh. My. God. Is this it? Ghostbusters(thank you, R1600), Back to the Future DeLorean, and now this. I want it fo sho. Now if they'd only release Magnum P.I. Ferrari, but with Higgins in it. :D

Edit: Oh. My. God. Is this it? Ghostbusters(thank you, R1600), Back to the Future DeLorean, and now this. I want it fo sho. Now if they'd only release Magnum P.I. Ferrari, but with Higgins in it. :D

I hope not, because it's supposed to be gray, red and black, not black, red and black. I'll buy it anyway though.

And how do you remember that 20-some years later. Freak. :lol:

:D You can see why I want the car so badly :lol:

Actually it's more like 10 years, since I watched it as a kid and I'm 17...and the original series is 24-27 years old.:sly:

new sneek peeks

2012 new models
Ford Falcon Race Car
hwc_sneaks_62905.jpg

2012 collector series
86 Monte Carlo SS (HW Performance)
hwc_sneaks_62878.jpg

GMC Motorhome (Heat Fleet)
hwc_sneaks_62887.jpg

'69 Mercury Cougar Eliminator (HW Main Street)
hwc_sneaks_62896.jpg

2012 treasure hunts
'69 Chevelle SS 396
hwc_sneaks_62914.jpg

Yeah, it's red too despite the pink-ness of the photo. :lol:

Edit: and the quality of the treasure hunts is nice, they all have metal bases so they are pretty hefty.

Yeah, it's red too despite the pink-ness of the photo. :lol:

Edit: and the quality of the treasure hunts is nice, they all have metal bases so they are pretty hefty.

I can never find the Treasure Hunts at Wal*Mart, I guess I have bad luck. I think I have a few from a few years back, but that's about it.

What is the fascination with colored rims these days? The guys at Mattel are tossing them on what seems like half the new releases. If they went back to silver, black and gold only...plus whitewalls and changed the bases back to metal, I'd be okay paying .10 to 15 cents extra per car. As it stands, the quality has gone down, the economy has gone down and yet the price in the last 3 years has gone from .87 to .99 to 1.09. :(

And how is the A Team van a new model when this Super Van version is 20+ years old?

$(KGrHqUOKjEE5kMCDvh6BOdp)O)LY!~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
I'll agree with that. I enjoy collecting non-fictional cars--cars that a person could actually see in their life. Road legal or race ready cars. Anything fictional is not for me, but I understand the need to have themas it peaks the interest of the younger audience.

What is the fascination with colored rims these days? The guys at Mattel are tossing them on what seems like half the new releases. If they went back to silver, black and gold only...plus whitewalls and changed the bases back to metal, I'd be okay paying .10 to 15 cents extra per car. As it stands, the quality has gone down, the economy has gone down and yet the price in the last 3 years has gone from .87 to .99 to 1.09. :(

And how is the A Team van a new model when this Super Van version is 20+ years old?

$(KGrHqUOKjEE5kMCDvh6BOdp)O)LY!~~60_12.JPG
When I mentioned the A-Team Van to my coworker today, he told me that Hot Wheels had one out before. This is probably the one he was referring to. 👍

P.S. I looked around a bit on my way home tonight, but no new models around at all. One store had buy one, get one free, so maybe they are ready to clear the old stock, bring in the new!

ah, screw you on the $TH of the only other $TH that really interests me this year. So far both have been found here, but none by me -____-

EDIT:

When I mentioned the A-Team Van to my coworker today, he told me that Hot Wheels had one out before. This is probably the one he was referring to. 👍

If it wasn't the Supervan, which is very rare, he might have remembered the Baja Breaker, which also came out in A-Team trim:

Baja_Breaker_BlkOpenHood.JPG

rarest of the bunch was the Real Rider version with mud rubber tires:

realriders002.jpg

Last edited:
I've limited myself to only purchasing cars I think are "cool".

I limited myself to non-fictional cars that I know and like, movie cars (I know and can recognize are excepted). If the fictional car happens to look REALLY REALLY cool, then I'll make an exception too. And obviously the paintjob should be well done, so no off-center stripes...

Should I make a hot wheels fan group at gtplanet, since im out of a group and there are none(hot wheels groups)
Do it, link it here.

The Falcon is just killer, and I need to find Ken Block's car at Wal-Mart I think. ;) --- Randy

Back