1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,481 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Cano, stop bawling, and pass me the tissues. ( got dammit ) heh heh.

Stop it ben, you sadist. Damn. what an awesome collection. And so many cars that bring back so many memories . . . hate to see the state that some of them are in. Still precious though, hope that wrecking yard comes off well - waiting to see the end result. Maybe it will turn out to be a traveling show?

That wrecking yard is a while off as Im in the process of moving house and the house I'll be moving to when this one sells is a very small one and then I have to wait while my real new house is built so I have the room to build it.

We cant wait to see the pics Cano.

I have the R34 GT-R and R35 GT-R.

Hakusoka (sp?), 2 R34s and an R35. :D I've passed up quite a few R33s though, I should probably get around to getting one of those...what I'm waiting for though is a stock R32, without flashy paint jobs or body kits or anything.

So guys, I would like to have a bit of survey regarding to some pricing issue which is also being discussed in my local HW Collectors Club. As of now, the price of the mainline HW has just beein hiked up to MYR7.50 from MYR6.90 in Malaysia. To us, these small cars are getting more and more overpriced. Back in 2005 the price of the mainline cars were around MYR5.00. I do understand because the price will go up but not this rapid that it's becoming too overpriced.

Is it the same for you guys?

Yes, it's the same here. Hot Wheels here used to be about 1.50€ at most and Matchbox were 1.70€ now bumped up to 1.70€ for the HW and 2€ for the Matchbox.
Majorette's aren't cheap either.

Ok people, here are the convention grabs as I promised, but first a little context: I´M FLAT BROKE. I was before the convention too, but since I needed to go to give out some cars that some people that came from other states had bought me, I figured I could as well try to trade some stuff, so I loaded a 48 car-carrying case with some of the best of my repeats and for-sales and worked the trading art mercilessly. And it came out better than I ever expected! So, for sunday I loaded another car-case, this time a 24-car unit, and also took with me some cars still in their blisters in another bag. If saturday was good, sunday was even better. I came back home with almost 50 cars, but the total expenditure was about... 15 bucks. Here's the loot.

First there be loose cars. All of these were trades; the Mistery T-Bird was never sold here, I had never seen the MR2 in red, and I traded the loose 2005 Treasure Hunt Passion for a blister-packed 2009 Rockster $TH I had lying around, which is probably the ugliest TH ever. It was a fair trade.
IMG_5207.jpg

Playarts!!! I still can't see why I like this brand so much, but some pretty good pieces fell in my hands, including yet another variation of the futuristic cab-over, this time a tanker and mint; the Isuzu 117 is a little rough but I had never seen it, and the real star is the 240Z. All of them were trades.
IMG_5197.jpg

Majorettes and a token Matchbox, the futuristic dump truck in red, which I traded with a friend; as for the Majorettes, AT LAST, AT LAAAAAAAASSSSSSTTT THE FREAKING CITROEN AMBULANCE WITH IT'S REAR DOOR!!! You don't have an idea of how many YEARS I've perused that damned door. I've got like 4 of those, all of them with no door. The Mercedes fire-eater, also finally complete with water-cannon, and the trash truck is awesome, I had never seen it, and best of all, absolutely mint. All of them were trades, also.
IMG_5203.jpg

Now some hot wheels, and in this pic we have the first car that cost me something, the gray monstrosity with six wheels. Yes, I know, but it's a made-in-Mexico car in very VERY good shape and it was only like 2.50 bucks! All others were trades. Of special relevance are the funny cars, specially the blue one, very hard to find and like new; finally the T-Bird stocker in decent shape, I had never seen the Porsche in red, and I had that Vette when I was a kid, it was awesome to get it back, and absolutely mint!
IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

Tomicas, all Japan-made, all trades. Finally the gullwing Mercedes fell in my hands; I had never seen the Rolls in that color, and the Jag will be eventually restored... maybe.
IMG_5205.jpg

Random stuff. The groovy, trapped-in-the-70s Supervan from Zylmex, the Yatming Coke truck and E-Type Jaguar, and another one of the cars that cost me money, the Buick cop car from Corgi, from the city of Metropolis, mint and only 4 bucks.
IMG_5199.jpg

Now we have the cars that fell into my hands in blistercards... but they aren't trapped any more.
IMG_5194.jpg

The Garage Olds was a trade with a good friend, the Greenlight Javelin was also a trade for a horrid Hot Wheels Preferred Dodge Sidewinder.
IMG_5211.jpg

Notice the mini-jack that came with the Javelin.
IMG_5212.jpg

I traded these JLs for HW Bluecards; the fave is the Cord 812 with model-specific wheels and exhaust pipes that do connect to the engine; the Larson Vega does have a tunnel ram under the hood, and I had never seen a die-cast Typhoon so I grabbed it regardless of the funky colors.
IMG_5209.jpg

Ah, these have a good story. These are the Hot Wheels Mexico Club club cars for 2009, I missed my chance back then because the Cyclone casting was very scarce here and we couldn't find the 50 cars for the planned run; recently, the missing ten cars were found and we were finally able to finish these customized cars based on Garage-series HWs. The special story with these and me is that I made the illustrations for the blister cards, so as you can imagine, I was eager to have them. These are some of the few cars in my collection that will stay on their blister cards for good.
IMG_5196.jpg

A friend of mine had these blue cards; I traded him the ex-Corgi Land Rover and Transit for other blue cards, and then checking out a box he had lying around, I noticed that the price he had for the rest of what you see in the picture was something like 1.50 USD. It was a steal so I bought five of them, rounding out my total expenditure for the event.
IMG_5195.jpg

The Vette and Mercedes are ex-Corgis that I had never seen, they are very well done and the Vette even opens its hood. I had been looking for the gold Hot Bird (Trans Am) for a while, and the red Mercedes is still trapped because I think I already have it loose, I have to look for it. The other mostrosity that's still in the blister was bought for its bubble top, as it will be used to restore a Mexico-made Johny Lightning Topper Custom Turbine from the 70s.
IMG_5213.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

So that was it. Next year I'm doing the exact same thing. Low budget collecting rox.

OMG, Cano, what amazing, amazing cars!! URGH! Gawd, you have made me soooooo hungry. Now I've got to find time to go get something myself tomorrow.
Guess you aren't crying anymore you greedy hog. Sheesh!
Also - spectacular phtography. Thanks for the effort. Nice to drool over.
Great pick up. Yeah, you're broke - for good reason!

Here's some of my latest pics:

100_4800-1.jpg

100_4825-1.jpg

100_4822-1.jpg

100_4813-1.jpg

Also some cars in the pound:

100_1846-1.jpg

Cano, I'd be surprised at you not freeing any cars out of the blisters, but that's awesome that you have a blister pack with your illustration on it.

And here I am with some recently acquired spending money and the only easy way of me getting die-cast is the stores which rip me off. :(

Those are amazing cano. I espically like the 55 Chev club car. Also amazing that your illustration made it onto a blister card. I'll post some more pics of my recent buys later today.

Those are amazing cano. I espically like the 55 Chev club car. Also amazing that your illustration made it onto a blister card. I'll post some more pics of my recent buys later today.

Well, I was commisioned by the club for both illustrations. In fact, I also made the illsutrations for the 2010 packages, I'll show you those soon, and I'm already pushing pencils for the 2011 car.

The pics as promised

Got these at a local discount store. The Treasure Hunt Avanti was just sitting on the pegs a few cars in. Its my second Avanti and the second Hunt I have found that way in a couple of months.

P9160103 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Got these at a local supermarket

P9160104 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Now for some ebay lots
2 Holden Commodores and a RACQ 90th Anniversary Ford Van

P9160105 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Corgi Juniors Daimler Scout Car,Majorette Dump Truck and a Corgi Juniors Leyland Daily Planet News Truck

P9160106 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Corgi Juniors Austin Healy LeMans Sprite, A Matchbox Lensey Mercedes 350SL,A Corgi Juniors Buick Regal and Lensey Lamborghini Marzal

P9160107 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Got 3 of these Matchbox Lensey Freeway Gas Tankers

P9160108 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Corgi Penguin Car

P9160109 by commodoreben, on Flickr

P9160112 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A couple of more Ford Vans

P9160113 by commodoreben, on Flickr

The Corvette Wagon thing and the Nissan 270X are about 1/43 Matchbox Lensey Superkings no idea who made the BMW. The Corvette will be repainted one day.

P9160114 by commodoreben, on Flickr

P9160115 by commodoreben, on Flickr

The two transporters at the front are Matchbox Superkings and the Dunlop truck is a Corgi

P9160116 by commodoreben, on Flickr

It's a good day. The one store that has Siku's in our area finally got new ones. I only got 2 though, because they are expensive.

LamborghiniGallardo.jpg

PorschePanamera.jpg

Yes, they did make a Porsche Panamera. :lol:

Also got two Matchbox cars. This red Audi to go with my white one.

AudiR8red.jpg

And this Toyota 4runner. I don't even know why.

Toyota4runner.jpg

new sneek peeks

2012 new models

Toy soldier
hwc_sneaks_62269.jpg

'64 Chevy Chevelle SS
hwc_sneaks_62278.jpg

2012 Track stars

Open Road-ster
hwc_sneaks_62287.jpg

2012 Collector series

69 Dodge Coronet Super Bee (Muscle Mania - Mopar)
hwc_sneaks_62242.jpg

'66 Chevy Nova (Muscle Mania - GM)
hwc_sneaks_62251.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia (HW All Stars)
hwc_sneaks_62260.jpg

Quite a large post...but I'm not apologizing :gtpflag:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$41 at the Flea Market

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

Big Air Stunt Set Camaro--I believe it was the last car produced with SCW or Screamin' Wheels!
IMG_0886.jpg

$6 lot of two California Customs
IMG_0888.jpg

My 2nd Convertables Car--this one a filler '57
IMG_0890.jpg

A Minty Corgi James Bond Aston, a steal at $3
IMG_0889.jpg

$4 lot includes a RL Ford J-Car, '76 Tomica Caddie and a nice Huskey Commer Van with original decals!
IMG_0892.jpg

$4 lot of original Hot Ones--I've snapped better pic of P-911 below after removing a couple black smudges
IMG_0894.jpg

50 cent French made Majorettes
IMG_0895.jpg

50 cent Mid 90s Matchbox
IMG_0897.jpg

50 cent Color Changers and a loose 930
IMG_0898.jpg

$1 Stompers
IMG_0900.jpg

50 cent Motocross Team and Malibu Grand Prix
IMG_0899.jpg

Better Quality pic of Porsche P-911
IMG_0902.jpg

Dusty 1992 Racing Champions cars uncovered in my folks basement
IMG_0903.jpg

Dusty Yatmings found with cars above
IMG_0904.jpg

Last edited:
So many cool cars, but I think my favorites are in the last two pics. Bimmer looks amazing. London Taxi's adorable!

@ Cano---Not sure if you ever found out, but while looking up values for my latest additions, I came across the following:

First the picture you had

IMG_4091.jpg

and second the answer:

12111.jpg

Its called Bug Brain. The one you have appears to be a slightly different. Could be an international version or perhaps it was put out in a holiday related pack?

Either way, Case closed!

If I become the most active member in this thread...we might as well shut her down.

Last edited:
Damn, 41 for the blister packed cars? That's a lot of money for those, even with the Matchbox stuff. How come?

The Corgi Aston is the jewell there, I think. Awesome car, and indeed a steal. Also, I like the Husky van.

And yes, I found out that the thing is called Sting Rod (as it clearly says in the Color FX box), not Bug Brain. I had never heard that name for this car o_O

And indeed, this thread could really use some more activity from you.

Sting Rod and Bug Brain are the same car. I am very certain. The car was given a cold temp. name and a warm temp. name.

$41 was for the carded AND all the loose I posted.

Back