1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,478 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Lucky :D I would snatch up 3 of those as soon as I saw them if given the chance. Might be able to get one on eBay later though. Do they make 1:43 Gumpert Apollo models? That'd be an awesome addition to my collection.

No, Siku only make cars up to about 1:55. They do make other scales, but that's only agricultural vehicles and things like that. :P

New pictures coming, not so much from some new cars but from previous purchases. I have many to show that I couldn't show before due to the previously crappy camera I had.

Last edited:
PIC_0318.jpg

PIC_0319.jpg

PIC_0320.jpg

PIC_0321.jpg

PIC_0322.jpg

PIC_0333.jpg

PIC_0334.jpg

PIC_0335.jpg

PIC_0336.jpg

PIC_0337.jpg

PIC_0338.jpg

PIC_0339.jpg

PIC_0340.jpg

EDIT: Some previously unseen pictures:

PIC_0294.jpg

PIC_0295.jpg

PIC_0297.jpg

PIC_0298.jpg

PIC_0300.jpg

Last edited:
Did I mention the Gumpert has a metal spoiler? Because it does and I found that cool because literally every spoiler I've ever seen on a car this small was plastic.

Just reporting in. Still no Kenmeri or A-Team. I did go to K-Mart today looking for Cars 2 toys for my nephew(2 bucks!). While they are not really rare or anything, I did end up getting two cars:

dscn1042g.jpg

sssssssssssoooooooooo I'm gonna show you yet another wheel swap I recently performed.
I always liked the blue First Edition Vette Grand Sport of a few years ago, it's VERY correct in every respect, except the horrible wheels it came out with. But I never grabbed an extra back in the day to swap it.

Recently, I was at a collecting friend's house and he had this one lying around, it was a left over of a giant world globe replete of glued-on Hot Wheels that was shown at the HW Mexico convention two years ago. When the event passed Mattel Mexico didn't know what to do with the artifact so the club took it away, unglued the cars and gave them around. I told him what I wanted to do with it and he gave it to me.
IMG_5472.jpg

Here you can still see sillicon glue traces.
IMG_5473.jpg

Here we have it, opened up and with the wheel donnor, a horrible Highway 35 Pontiac Rageous.
IMG_5614.jpg

As you can see, the Co-Molded 5 wheels look a lot like American Racing Torq-Thrusts, but these had the outer rim in a metallic green hue, a characteristic of the Highway 35 cars, so a bit of nail-polish cleaner and some cotton tips took care of the color...
IMG_5615.jpg

But it wasn't as easy as I thought: when I passed the cotton-tip over the wheel the first time with no care, the tire got stained with diluted green paint, so I had to retouch the tire with flat black paint (shown); all the other wheels were carefully worked, lol.
IMG_5622.jpg

Even so, the green paint could not be removed in it's entirety, and I didn't want to have to paint the tires black all over again, that is why the pics show small green spots still in the wheels; however, in real life they are hardly noticeable. And yes, I know the nose is chipped but I don't have white paint to retouch it right now. Will do soon.
IMG_5618.jpg

And here it is, much better than the ninja stars it came with. I know the GS Vette ran Hallibrands but I'm not gonna open a HW Garage to detail this car. In here you can also see the blackened air exits in the rear fenders.
IMG_5621.jpg

Taillamps and holes at the tail were detailed.
IMG_5620.jpg

And the gas cap in the B-post.
IMG_5619.jpg

And here we have it, as it should have come out.
IMG_5624.jpg

And with all this excellent work you do, you don't work for Hot Wheels because....?

I need to get back into customizing, just haven't had the motivation.

Here's a couple I've done for those that missed my posts from last year:

GTAcademy6.jpg

DSCN2369_600.jpg

And with all this excellent work you do, you don't work for Hot Wheels because....?

BECAUSE RACECAR!!!!

images

Sorry dude, your user name puts you on a plate everytime :dopey:

Frankly, though, the stuff I've done to date is quite small and easy, even more so the stuff I've shown here. You oughta see what the top guys really do.

BECAUSE RACECAR!!!!

images

Sorry dude, your user name puts you on a plate everytime :dopey:

I had this username before it was cool ;)

Frankly, though, the stuff I've done to date is quite small and easy, even more so the stuff I've shown here. You oughta see what the top guys really do.

Kinda thought you were one of them to be honest. Where would I find some of there work?

Kinda thought you were one of them to be honest. Where would I find some of there work?

HWC.com you'll find stuff like this:

bburner01.jpg

Also, here's the Laguna Seca Boss Mustang: (which has, of course, been ruined with larger rear wheels. 👎

hwc_sneaks_65560.jpg

Last edited:
HPIM3475.jpg

French Sand Drifter w/WW tires. VHTF. This is not mine, but I'm currently watching a lot of 'junk' on ebay, but tucked into the corner of the lot in one picture you can make out this car. I'm not bidding till the last minute, but there's little time left and no bids so far. :nervous:

Sadly, it seems that last minute sniping's the only way to buy on eBay these days. Good luck, I hope you get your car.

I'm gonna be on the other side of the town tonight, so I was thinking about browsing couple of store over there. Wish me luck!

I don't know what that is, but it looks awesome. :D:tup:

P.S. Great job on the Ghostbusters & Z. Cano, too. 👍

MAJOR OVER DUE UPDATE!

About six months ago Dad gave it a coat of 'Classic Red' from a Mazda Capella/626.

I'm going to try and get some clear for it after we do a few more coats one day.

dscn1053k.jpg

So I visited the east side of the town tonight. Land Cruiser, I didn't like the earlier scheme they had(blue?), but I like this one. I think I saw someone else post one earlier.

Hakosuka, I had not seen one since I first got it now couple of months ago? Something like that. I see one, I decide to pass to give other people a chance(I already had two). Then I see like four more, so I picked it up. :D

Kenmeri. Finally. :crazy: God bless the Walmart. I see 1, 2, 3..... They had total of five. I took two for myself, one for my buddy(fan of JDM), another for just in case. ;) I must say.... I like the body proportion of this one much better than that of Hakosuka. Detail around the taillights on this one's top notch, too. 👍

A-Team. Still no-go. :(
Here's another cool one from the HWC forums.

delorean_02.jpg
Unbelievably awesome. :D

R1600Turbo, that custom black 370Z is awesome looking. :drool:

Looks like it's coming along great, SVX!

Also, nice find on the classic Skylines, a5m5. And I haven't seen that Land Cruiser yet. Should hit here soon.

-----------------

I got some new cars also. These are just a few.

The new red S2000, which have only shown up in 10 packs, so far. Didn't buy this one, just took a pic in store to show you guys.
IMG_3107.jpg

BMW M3 GT2 from Kmart collector day.
IMG_3074.jpg

2006 First Edition yellow Superbird with FTE wheels. This is a pretty rare piece with these wheels. Traded another very hard to find variation with a guy in Canada for this one.
IMG_3119.jpg

Two OCC Splitback reg. T-Hunts I found at Stop & Shop. My least favorite T-Hunt of the whole year. :yuck: Picked them up to use just for trades.
IMG_3094.jpg

And here's a very cool error I found in a 10 pack. An unspun/unriveted Dodge Challenger.
IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

Two treasure hunts. Not too shabby! 👍

I think you'll like the Land Cruiser. Neat little build. If I see another one, I'm getting it. :D

Back