1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
If my camera were working, I'd post the amazing stuff I bought at Big Lots today. Normally the older collectors who wake up at 4:45AM get the goods, but I got there and pulled the normal and a SUPER Treasure Hunt Custom '62 Chevy! What are the odds?

PS: The french sand drifter lot was ended early by the seller after I asked the condition of that particular car. He must have done some research and wisened up otherwise I'd have snagged a $100-150 car for roughly $16US. :(

I have a question, do you have to use a clamp when drilling apart a hot wheel, because my dad said you have to

A clamp just serves as a steady arm, so unless you got an extra arm, it just makes it easier. Just don't overtighten! :scared: If you are going to use a vice, I would stick a piece of fabric or something soft between it and the car to prevent any scratches or other unwanted harm to the car.

Thanks gents. :cheers:

If my camera were working, I'd post the amazing stuff I bought at Big Lots today. Normally the older collectors who wake up at 4:45AM get the goods, but I got there and pulled the normal and a SUPER Treasure Hunt Custom '62 Chevy! What are the odds?

Nice! I haven't found a $uper for some time now. I think I'm due for one soon. :P

I have a question, do you have to use a clamp when drilling apart a hot wheel, because my dad said you have to
A clamp just serves as a steady arm, so unless you got an extra arm, it just makes it easier. Just don't overtighten! :scared: If you are going to use a vice, I would stick a piece of fabric or something soft between it and the car to prevent any scratches or other unwanted harm to the car.

This.

God forbid whatever it is you're taking apart doesn't have mirrors because those little things will make your work a lot worse :lol:

I use a small dremel drill bit on low speed when I drill mine out, so I usually just hang on to them with my left hand while holding the top of the car down on a table. Not incredibly safe, but there's no harm in doing it.

Some pics of mine...
100_1342.jpg

Drag Strip Demons for the win
100_1343.jpg

100_1344-1.jpg

100_1346.jpg

PS sorry for the crappy pics...

Frostyboy's down hill racing competition

latest video(three vids came before this, but they're about the remaining cars that are not remaining. also 1 car left 1st comes 1st serves, and you can not pick both)

I use a small dremel drill bit on low speed when I drill mine out, so I usually just hang on to them with my left hand while holding the top of the car down on a table. Not incredibly safe, but there's no harm in doing it.

Exactly this, but I use a folded rag 'tween the car and table, first speed of the Dremel works well enough with a 1/8 drill. And yes I've stopped the drill with my fingers ocne or twice. At such low revs it hurts, but no harm is done. Same has happened with cutting discs, it hurts but no injury.

EDIT:

Some pics of mine...

100_1346.jpg

Red Real Rider Bywayman!!! The centerpiece of your collection, no doubt. Quite rare in that color with white hubs too.

Red Real Rider Bywayman!!! The centerpiece of your collection, no doubt. Quite rare in that color with white hubs too.

Really? It's actually my dad's. I guess I'll never get rid of it then! Of course though, the snow blade broke off... :ouch:

Frostyboy's down hill racing competition

latest video(three vids came before this, but they're about the remaining cars that are not remaining. also 1 car left 1st comes 1st serves, and you can not pick both)

anyone

Me, but mostly because a friend and I have been pondering proposing a custom contest in our club's bymonthly reunions with a theme centered on downhill racing cars.

The club built a 12 meter long downhill track with six lanes two years ago for the Mexico convention and it came out amazingly well. Building a custom towards speed could be really interesting.

Me, but mostly because a friend and I have been pondering proposing a custom contest in our club's bymonthly reunions with a theme centered on downhill racing cars.

The club built a 12 meter long downhill track with six lanes two years ago for the Mexico convention and it came out amazingly well. Building a custom towards speed could be really interesting.
grand torino sport of shell shock

EDIT: I'll race the grand torino for you because the shell shock is all plastic and for grand torino has metal

Letting your toy cars race down a slope sounds too plain and simple for me....I to an extent even find it kind of dumb because the winning car would probably come down to a car that's been modifyied heavily. Such modifications would include making your car aerodynamic, having bigger wheels, fix up those axles for little to no resistance, eliminate excess weight (but have enough to carry more momentum), etc...

and who's to say you can't add some extra external power under the hood without people knowing?

Letting your toy cars race down a slope sounds too plain and simple for me....I to an extent even find it kind of dumb because the winning car would probably come down to a car that's been modifyied heavily. Such modifications would include making your car aerodynamic, having bigger wheels, fix up those axles for little to no resistance, eliminate excess weight (but have enough to carry more momentum), etc...

and who's to say you can't add some extra external power under the hood without people knowing?

you have it all wrong haha, but yeah, that would basically be the premise, to actually modify a hot wheels to go down the downhill (dah) faster. I'm already thinking what to do.

Hey guys

Did a couple of rounds on my side yesterday - finding hot wheels is really becomming a difficult task. I went to over 10 different stores in different malls across Durban, but I did score a couple cars that I wanted: a 2011 Hot Wheels racing '41 Willy's, 2011 Pontiac GTO Judge in green and a 2010 Batman Barve and Bold Batmobile(I already had a sealed one - but i got this to display at the base of my LCD, along with my 2011 Arkham Asylum batmobile and my 1960's batmobile from a couple years back) I'm thinking of getting another "The Batman" batmobile from the 2011 range - but i think that might be too many cars fore the base. I'll post a pic in my library later if any are interested.

Found a good lot of my 80s and early 90s matchbox and hotwheels yesterday.... those really brought back some memories.... they're all really worse for wear.... but theres some classic models. I'll have some pics in my album a little later... also, found a Corgi Jnrs 60's Batmobile dated 1972.... its really trashed, but I'm sure a little TLC might do it wonders...

Picked up this bad boy yesterday: (not my pics)

6299769958_3865eb45d1.jpg

6299235341_ecfa05c809_z.jpg
So I got the Kenmeri Skyline, but I started looking around for this.

How hard is it to find this thing? I'm looking around, along with the A-Team Van, but nobody seem to have it!?

So I got the Kenmeri Skyline, but I started looking around for this.

How hard is it to find this thing? I'm looking around, along with the A-Team Van, but nobody seem to have it!?

There was only one of them hanging there and I snagged it. Haven't seen another one since, although I've only been to a couple stores since then.

Which leads me to my finds from the last couple days:

2000 GT-R Skyline
Ferrari FF
Porsche 997 GT2

There was only one of them hanging there and I snagged it. Haven't seen another one since, although I've only been to a couple stores since then.
Nobody have them. Walmart around here dropped the series(replaced with some cheapies :yuck: ), and stores that do carry those cars, they have bunch of them, but none of them 510.

Car looks neat though. I am gonna grab one online. 👍

Did pick up these two:
dscn1066z.jpg

hey guys
so cano signed up for the down hill race and I forgot to post the vids so here you go
Round 1
Jca vs. formulaonehotwheels

WTFfor vs. me

Cano vs. dotomino

Tailsrock1540 vs. Megaawesomestudios

123456hotwheels vs. 10h41

Superconcretepumper vs. Mongoosebikeracer

more to come for round 2

ergh, I wish I could make a gravity track like that at home. I'd throw my redlines in there without hesitation.

I'm going to be completely honest... While racing your toy cars can be competitive... It was so short-lived.. why not use a longer route? I mean, it'd be so much more exciting if the cars would be rolling for at least 5 seconds...

Latest Posts

Back