1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I got a pretty good score today. I walked out of Wal-Mart with nine cars, including the Vintage Racing BRE 510, the new 458, a red Lancia Stratos from 2001 hidden among the new models, two very sweet Johnny Lightnings and an M2 rusted '49 Mercury. đź‘Ť

How was a 10 year old model hiding in there? :odd:

including the Vintage Racing BRE 510
First of all, in the true Cano-fashion, I hate you. j/k Secondly, Walmart I visited all ditched the Vintage Racing. One week they had it, following week they were all gone. I know, because before deciding to buy the BRE Bluebird/510 & A-Team online, I checked everywhere I could think of for a week or so(on top of the on-going weeks of search).

You lucky dawg.......

:lol:
How was a 10 year old model hiding in there? :odd:
I've found a 2001 Matchbox mixed in I think last year in 2010? I had to buy it. :lol:

First of all, in the true Cano-fashion, I hate you.

:lol: I had to laugh when I saw your post about buying the BRE online right after I'd just bought it...I'm so evil :sly:

Secondly, Walmart I visited all ditched the Vintage Racing. One week they had it, following week they were all gone. I know, because before deciding to buy the BRE Bluebird/510 & A-Team online, I checked everywhere I could think of for a week or so(on top of the on-going weeks of search).

Probably not a good time to mention that I saw another A-Team at Target the other day when I went.

EliteDreamer
How was a 10 year old model hiding in there?

On one of my most recent hauls, I found an old Dodge Viper RT/10 in the middle of all the new models. I bought that one as well. :D

Sometimes they'll find old stock in the back and put it out, or an honest employee will find a dishonest employee's stash and put it out, etc, etc.

I don't know if I told you guys, but I hate Driving Park a lot. Damn bastard.

No, I'm not sore. :lol:

The most I'd do if I was an employee was hold onto my own the ones I want, and any extras will go out on the shelves.... taking advantage of being an employee, but not abusing it. đź‘Ť

We're halfway through, 8 cars left

Torque screw
Roll cage
Jaquar XK-2006
Split vision
Morris Mini
Nomadder what
Old #3
Shadow Mk

I can respect that, AOS-. I'd do the same exact thing.

Here's some stuff I got yesterday from two trades. I've started focusing my collection on hard to find variations.

Green Lantern Dodge Challenger with painted headlights, very hard to find. Be on the lookout for this one, guys.
IMG_3206.jpg

Some extras I wasn't expecting. :D These are the new mystery pack cars. They come in a wrapper instead of a card and blister.
IMG_3210.jpg

Hot Ones Sunagon, Garage VW Fastback, and a reg. T-Hunt Ford GTX1.
IMG_3176.jpg

And here's the best for last. I'm sure you guys remember the red E92 M3 that came out earlier this year. Well, someone on HWC found this wheel variation in a 10 pack a couple of weeks ago. Had to have this!
IMG_3199.jpg

Here's a pic with the normal variation for comparison.
IMG_3189.jpg

Check those 10 packs, people! Btw, I'll take the Mini, Frostyboys. :D

Green Lantern Dodge Challenger with painted headlights, very hard to find. Be on the lookout for this one, guys.
IMG_3206.jpg
I. LOVE. MOPAR. At least the oldies.

Packaging seems to be Hot Wheels. Is this like one of those newly unmarked Treasure Hunt or something? God, I'd love to have that. đź‘Ť

hey guys, I have a new working diorama; here's the tour
Welcome to my new diorama I'm going to be taking most of my hot wheels pictures for!
scaled.php

Here is a car dealer/ garage for my cars
scaled.php

and more parking
scaled.php

here's the view of the other half
scaled.php

every town needs a cop!
scaled.php

and look: it doesn't have to be just inside the diorama, it can also be outside it
scaled.php

scaled.php

And this guy
scaled.php

hope you like it!

Must have Hot Wheels GT3 RS :drool:
hehehe I haz it, and I'll post pics soon

Packaging seems to be Hot Wheels. Is this like one of those newly unmarked Treasure Hunt or something? God, I'd love to have that. đź‘Ť

No, it would have rubber tires if it was a TH. The only ones I have seen circulating right now are a Chevelle and a Road Runner.

No, it would have rubber tires if it was a TH. The only ones I have seen circulating right now are a Chevelle and a Road Runner.

Why did he call it Green Lantern? It does seem to be more detailed than the standard models.....

Why did he call it Green Lantern? It does seem to be more detailed than the standard models.....

Its a replica of the car that was in the movie. Here's a better pic:

531px-71ChallengerRT_Orange.JPG

312px-100_6171.JPG

Not at all a Treasure Hunt, but certainly valuable if it is hard to find.

The car itself is just a common basic release, but the hard to find variation has painted headlights. So, it'd be either silver painted headlights on the black grill or just a completely black grill.

Also, anyone know where to get a nice rotating display for cheap?

The decals are a bit more detailed than normal. Especially with the shaker hood scoop, usually they just leave those black and/or plastic.

Also, anyone know where to get a nice rotating display for cheap?

You make one.... It in all honesty isn't hard to grab something, make an axle out of it and stick a pedestal on top.

796465ea.gif

5f922726.gif

No one noticed these when I posted 'em... :grumpy:

You make one.... It in all honesty isn't hard to grab something, make an axle out of it and stick a pedestal on top.

I NOTICED!!! :D

I'm actually looking for one that stands like a tower. I'd like it to have at least 10 levels. Also, preferably an enclosed one. If I can't find the display I'm looking for, I wouldn't mind making a small personal one like yours.

796465ea.gif

5f922726.gif

Oh I definitely noticed, I just didn't post about them. They're really cool though. đź‘Ť

Mine cost less than $20 to make, because it was made of a Pizza pan, K'nex and tape.

Granted it's not automatic, but I don't put my cars down to spin forever (despite how cool that would be)... I only made it to make these gifs. I know how to get it rolling more smoothly and that is to vastly increase the pan's weight so that the built up momentum would allow smoother rotating since I wouldn't be cranking it anymore.

Latest Posts

Back