1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Does anyone know what this is, it doesnt say what it is in the bottom? Its made in 1978.

It's from 1999 from the Pinstripe Power Series. Nice Chevelle T-Hunts also. 👍
EDIT: Forgot to mention it's an Auburn 852.

Well in Finland we pay 1.99€ each which is 2.64$ so its very expensive in here.

Ouch. That's like buying the new Hot Ones series over here.

carbonator: a piece on the spoiler that needed to be cut off was on there
some other decades car (40s): paint smudge

You should've definitely picked up that Carbonator error. It's supposed to be a somewhat limited piece. I was hoping to find one at Walmart, but it was only the other Decades cars.

Last edited:
You should've definitely picked up that Carbonator error. It's supposed to be a somewhat limited piece. I was hoping to find one at Walmart, but it was only the other Decades cars.
my mom wouldn't let me get it because it's too close to Christmas

ok guys i think a need a little help here :)

I'm a bit confuse with 2012 Treasure Hunt. I though they will have no green strip any more just a small TH written on a car ( as you can see on pic)

DSCF0840 by smiglo, on Flickr

DSCF0836 by smiglo, on Flickr

and the Best by far wheels I ever seen on HW so

Is that a TH or not??

I've been buying hotwheels and other diecast cars for the last 15 years or so, but only subjects I found interesting (Mopar, exotics, etc...). I found a HW Ducati that caught my attention since most motorcycles are different lines completely and not stocked with the rest of the vehicles. Upon further inspection it was a Treasure Hunt product, and the back said it was hard to find and collectible. There's nothing special about it, but what makes it collectible other than saying it is? It has the green side label and is a '12 issue. I dont see a TW label on the bike, and interestingly enough, now that I look at it the paint is chipped inside the package.

I found a HW Ducati that caught my attention since most motorcycles are different lines completely and not stocked with the rest of the vehicles. Upon further inspection it was a Treasure Hunt product, and the back said it was hard to find and collectible. There's nothing special about it, but what makes it collectible other than saying it is? It has the green side label and is a '12 issue. I dont see a TW label on the bike, and interestingly enough, now that I look at it the paint is chipped inside the package.

Treasure Hunts are made in limited quantities. Usually it's 1 per assorted case, though sometimes more or none at all. That's just for Regular T-Hunts (non-rubber tires), like the Ducati you have found. But, $uper T-Hunts are estimated to be in every 9 - 12 cases I hear, like the one $miglo has found. Hope this helped.

Is that a TH or not??

Not only is it a TH, but it's a $uper. Very nice find!!! 👍

Last edited:
AAaaa OK thanks!

I was soo lucky with this one, as they was only about 8-9 cars left on shelf and all of them was there for about 2 weeks now but today somehow there was a 1 extra car and turns put to be a special car :)

hey guys as for my competition there are two cars left, if one of them gets picked then I get the other one, and if both get picked, I get to pick my own new one that's not on the list
cars left:
Torque Screw
Old #3

Im finally posting some more pics this is going to be a long one.

A Larry's Garage 66 GTO Wagon

PB280105 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Siku Viper and Charger Taxi

PB280106 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Formula Street and 70 R/T Charger

PB280107 by commodoreben, on Flickr

My Green Lantern Challenger with painted headlights

PB280108 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A 66 Mustang and its bonnet wont close also a Super Blitzen

PB280109 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Fast Gassin and a Amazoom

PB280110 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Hyundai Genesis and a Yur So Fast

PB280111 by commodoreben, on Flickr

These next cars I brought from work for $10 First the Hotwheels
A 05 and 10 Mustang, C5 Corvette, 68 Cougar and a 64 Continental

PB280112 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Carrera GT, XJ220 and a Civic SI

PB280113 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Carbonator, Symbolic, 2 Happy Meals Toys, H2 Hummer, Buzz Bomb, 2 Monoposto's, I don't know what the white car is and a Maelstrom

PB280114 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Audacious, Rocket Box, Airy 8, Happy Meal Toy, Buzz Off, Jeepster and a Woozie

PB280115 by commodoreben, on Flickr

The last Hotwheels a Jeep Pickup

PB280116 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Now the Matchbox's
A Kenworth Nasa Truck, Nasa Command Vehicle, Chevy Blazer, 4x4 Beetle, Jeep Cherokee, RX-7, Police Car and a Continental GT

PB280117 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A GMC Wrecker, BMW X5, Airport Fire Tanker, Snow Tracker and a Delivery Service Truck

PB280118 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A VW Touareg, 300ZX, PT Cruiser and a Celica

PB280119 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Some Cheaper cars im not sure what all of them are there is a couple of Beetles, 928 Porsche, MX-5, Viper and a Triumph

PB280120 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Superkings Tractor, Rav-4 and a 3 Series BMW

PB280121 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Matchbox Articulated Truck Trailer, A Rolamatics Fandango and some badly damaged corgi's

PB280122 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Majorette Truck, Honda Prelude, Marvel Comics Car and a Maisto Spiderman Corvette

PB280123 by commodoreben, on Flickr

The best for last a Yatming Celica and Truck

PB280124 by commodoreben, on Flickr

My Green Lantern Challenger with painted headlights

WOOT WOOT! Cool Civic and I too have that Matchbox RX-7. :)

Here's some recent stuff I haven't posted yet. Not sure if I already posted the Lamborghini, but oh well.

IMG_3231.jpg

Frosty, my favorite color is pink. Make sure mine case's in pink or I don't want it at all. :P
A 66 Mustang and its bonnet wont close also a Super Blitzen

But it will, right? I think I bought a yellow one. The hood/bonnet's open, but I assumed they closed? :crazy:
hotwheels2012.jpg

Two different 2012 Treasure Hunts. One of them a $uper TH. Oh yeah. :D

Money. In the bank. 👍 In Greycap's picture, you can really tell how gorgeous the Super Bee is. Best pic I've seen on the Chevelle as well.

But it will, right? I think I bought a yellow one. The hood/bonnet's open, but I assumed they closed? :crazy:

I think if I opened the pack it will close but I cant seem to get it to close in the pack. Is there anything put in these cars with opening bonnets to keep the bonnets open?

I think if I opened the pack it will close but I cant seem to get it to close in the pack. Is there anything put in these cars with opening bonnets to keep the bonnets open?

I was kinda wondering the same, as all the one's I've seen in stores have hoods up open!

Edit: Sorry. 'Bonnet' to you. :D

Latest Posts

Back