1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Ahmad! I have some of those exact cars (same liveries too). In the second to last livery I have a the red see through Ferrari 360 Modena, the browny coloured Chevy Impala with Engine out of the bonnet and exhausts. The Volkswagen Beetle, which turns into a Dune Buggy if you take off the top. Got the 333 SP (red one), Maserati MC12, used to have the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, got the MC12, and the burgandy Mustang. And the Cobra concept. I'll find them.

Haha, awesome! I'll try to take all my loose cars out to show them to you. Sadly though, most of my old cars are badly mashed up... That, includes Vin Diesel's (Dominic Torreto's) Mazda RX-7 from the movie The Fast and The Furious.

EDIT:

S73F3932.JPG

S73F3933.JPG

Anyway, Maj... Please don't comment on the cereal box :lol:

Last edited:
Was that a Eurofighter on the last page? :dopey:
dscn1174e.jpg

I don't remember where, but somebody posted a pic of GT2. Liked the plastic headlights, so I had to pick this one up. Rather have a white one though, if they have it. Also picked up another Continental. I never have been interested in the Wayne's Garage models, but it was on sale($1.74), and I noticed all the features from Treasure Hunt-types, so I decided it was a good buy. :D
@a6m5,
Yeah you're right.. it was just a blog of some kind, i was gonna provide the link, but it really doesn't say much about it at all (i'm such a noob.. i forgot about the translation function), though it's really kind of you to offer to translate, Thanks mate, (but not needed on this occassion).

No sweat. 👍

Just got home from a weeks holiday and got these.

PC300227 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A 2012 Hotwheels Racing Nova, 2012 Muscle Mania Plymouth GTX, A 2009 Premiere Custom Cadillac and a 2011 Muscle Mania El Camino

PC300228 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A 2011 Dirty Outlaw, 2011 Astro Funk, 2011 Challenger Drift Car and a 2011 70 Pontiac GTO

PC300231 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser that has a for sale sign in the front window
I also got a 1:18th car while on holidays

I don't remember where, but somebody posted a pic of GT2. Liked the plastic headlights, so I had to pick this one up. Rather have a white one though, if they have it. Also picked up another Continental. I never have been interested in the Wayne's Garage models, but it was on sale($1.74), and I noticed all the features from Treasure Hunt-types, so I decided it was a good buy. :D

They do have a white one. 👍

Also, did you check the bottom of that Continental for a signature tampo?

That El Camino ben posted, one of my favorite Hot Wheels around. 👍
That was a steal for a Garage-series car.
Yeah, they had that Vintage Racing series, too. Unfortunately, that one was pretty much cleaned out. :crazy:
They do have a white one. 👍

Also, did you check the bottom of that Continental for a signature tampo?
I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but I don't see anything out of ordinary on the bottom, so it's probably just a standard one.

Thanks for the tip on the white Porsche though. I'll be on a look out for it! 👍

A Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser that has a for sale sign in the front window
But the sign isn't physically on the window, right? That would be WAY cool.....

Just snapped 20ish pictures of everything I've bought since probably mid October including the STH Ford Falcon I found today!!!!!

PICTURE EXPLOSION!!!

IMG_0041.jpg

This is everything. I've broken it up below into like items for your viewing pleasure. Its too much to wirte about each, so if you have a question about a car or item, ie. How the hell did you get that diabolic, just post it here. :D

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

7 A-Teams and 8 Laguna Mustangs...what can I say, I like them!

IMG_0054.jpg

I have doubles or triples of every car in this picture!

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Rares wheel option on Ferrari / Rarest Combination (clear/white interior) on Zender

IMG_0057.jpg

$3 Treasures from Vintage Stock w/Protecto included!!

IMG_0058.jpg

Loose treasures I've found

-------------------------------------

Next two pictures came from same eBay win. ($16 w/shipping)

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Several bonus cars, a couple computer cars, vintage series, 5-packs...basically every car in the lot aside from the 95-6 first editions is rare and awesome!!

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Porsche was eBay--fresh pull for $3.95, while Flintmobile was flea market find.

IMG_0066.jpg

Pawn Shop finds: All 1/each. Three Zee and 1 Sommer

IMG_0067.jpg

An idea of how many cars I've opened in the last couple weeks!

IMG_0065.jpg

^^This one is heading right for my top ten favorites. Its so bad 🤬 !!

AND FINALLY.....

IMG_0061.jpg

Found the Chevy at Big Lots a few weeks ago and the Falcon about three hours ago at Toys r Us!!!!!

Questions? Thoughts? Comments?​

One last thing

And OMG what happened to my green Scirocco?!? :eek:

19122011322.jpg

Night Burner (except when it was a Treasure hunt when it was known as Mega Thrust.)

(I'm catching up on the thread and saw someone asked what car was in the blister)

Last edited:
That 'For Sale' advert on the windscreen is awesome!

Anyway, thanks diabolicwyvern for the clarifiction. Well, I think someone opened the packaging and replaced it with that car, obviously from the staples on the packaging. But then, where the hell did he get that car? I don't know :lol:

But then, where the hell did he get that car? I don't know :lol:

Perhaps he likes the Night Burner as much as I do...so much so that he/she always carries a spare around with them. You know just in case! ( I have every one Hotwheels has every released except the Treasure Hunt version. Hunting down the Valentines Day one from Target was a 🤬 though.

IMG_0074.jpg

Ignore the Bone Shakers in the center row!

Last edited:
^^ Good collection mate! But still I don't understand why someone wanted that Scirocco so much and replaced it with that. The car fits in the blister nicely too!

Hopefully no one is unlucky enough to buy that lemon. The price difference is quite big and you ended up paying MYR5 more for that :lol:

^^ Good collection mate!

Wanted to point out that what I posted was just what I picked up in the last couple months. My entire collection would take pages to show. Going back to page 85 (a higher pg number for non premium members since you have ads as well) I've probably gotten nearly half my stuff on here! The rest is in storage to stay for a few more years till I move again.

I again see some versions that I had never seen in your stash, Wyvern.

The white funny car with sponsors and 5 spokes is awesome, I had never ever seen it! Neither the yellow Comando or that blue Nissan Hardbody.

EDIT: Have you ever seen that green Ram with WHITE 5 hole wheels like that one? I remember I have it somewhere.

From here, the black ramp truck!!! Awesome, I had never seen it either.

As for the new 2012 cars, They haven't hit Mexico yet. I WANT that green 71 Trans Am. So far that is my most expected casting after the disaster that was the one we had a few years ago:

FirebirdRF.jpg

One of HW's worse castings ever.

Also, lucky bastard with those $THs.

haha come on dude, it's absolutely horrible. It was scaled with someone's feet. Nothing makes sense on it.

This on the other side looks way better, it's not perfect, but it ain't a monstrosity either:
$(KGrHqZ,!i!E7DhvviSuBO8g1cOKHg~~60_3.JPG

The white funny car with sponsors and 5 spokes is awesome, I had never ever seen it! Neither the yellow Comando or that blue Nissan Hardbody.

I believe the Nissan Hardbody is from a 4-5 car series from 1996-ish, and is extremely hard to find. I had the whole set from that series, except for that damn truck. Could never find it...

EDIT: Have you ever seen that green Ram with WHITE 5 hole wheels like that one? I remember I have it somewhere.

I had one.

I believe the Nissan Hardbody is from a 4-5 car series from 1996-ish, and is extremely hard to find. I had the whole set from that series, except for that damn truck. Could never find it...

Ahhh yesss, now that you mention it, I remember that freaking color. There was a 55 Chevy and other cars, but I had never seen the Nissan truck. Great grab right there!

haha come on dude, it's absolutely horrible. It was scaled with someone's feet. Nothing makes sense on it.

This on the other side looks way better, it's not perfect, but it ain't a monstrosity either:
$(KGrHqZ,!i!E7DhvviSuBO8g1cOKHg~~60_3.JPG
your right about it looking better, but the white one's staying in my collection

Yep, that's it.

So my day sucked. 3 Targets, 3 Wal-Marts, and a Toys R Us later and I came home with 5 cars. Nothing too exciting. The pickings around here are horrible. No wonder I only go true Hotwheels hunting every 2 months, because it's the same story no matter where I go. Pegs full of old cars. 👎

Fleamarket day!! I found a new, small fleamarket, it's far away but within fast reach in the subway, and there is a guy who exclusively sells diecast. Prices are a bit high but the quality of cars is pretty good. I'll show you later, first I gotta eat.

Went to 3 toys r us, 2 k-mart, 2 walmart, 2 deals and a family dollar store yesterday. 10 stops and I only bought merch from 2 of the toys r us and 1 walmart. Snagged 4 more of the Falcon XD and 2 of the HW Premiere Falcon Race car plus the entire new series of Team Hot wheels cars (with nickel plated axles) and several other random cars. (Firebird, FTE cars for the track, etc)

I'm setting up a track tomorrow at my brothers apartment and will take pics of the layout + what I bought today then. If I could work out how to embed a video here ( Is that the correct phrasing) I'll take a film of the course in action!

diabolicwyvern, you know you want to send me that Falcon :D. In fact I actually have both the regular and $uper versions of the Mega Thrust if you'd want to trade.

So I woke up in a customizing mood today, and decided I would finish at least one of the several project cars I have opened in the last weeks. But I soon found out I'm lacking a lot of things. I need bright black paint to finish detailing on a 32 Ford, and matte black to finish detailing a 34. Then I need to mask off several things like the fender flares of a Kenmeri Skyline and the bumbers of a Hachi Roku in order to coat them black. Then I need red paint to detail some taillights. I also need a new cutting disc for the Dremel, as the one I had literally split in half, to trim away excesss glass in the Kenmeri so it's new rollcage can fit. I also need to go see a guy who knows how to custom-bend axles so you can shorten them without having to cut them in half. And I also need to go see a guy who has ample experience printing tampos, because I ran some tests this past week and they came out horrible. I also need to chrome-paint then clear-coat several chromed and polished parts like the Kenmeri's wheels and some hot rod's engine, and I also have to delete the Goodyear lettering on some tires. Oh, and also change the color of the JL 37 Ford's interior to caramel instead of black, and buying that Tamiya clear-yellow to fix GHO wheels.

And that's only off the top of my head. So today I only managed to detail the interior of the Kenmeri and the 70 Camaro. Tomorrow I'll go buy some masking tape (ran out of) and start masking things off. I hope that by next weekend I can go to my friend's paint and body shop to have things painted.

/rant

Back