1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
So I got me an iPhone and I quickly joined Instagram (user: Diego440) and started snapping pics. I'm doing one daily and here's the first three:

Diego! 👍

Gosh, I thought the white one was a Nova. My coworker has one just like it, I was about to get on eBay looking for it. :dopey:

It's a Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt... a coworker also pointed out what it was about, seems it was a '64 street-legal dragster. I'm doing a Mustang Cobra tomorrow... I'll post it!

Today was another fine day of hunting. Grabbed ten loose cars for about 80 US cents a pop, some of them will give their wheels away, others will remain in my collection. also grabbed a Rat Bomb $TH for like 3 bucks! But the real star of the day was a vintage two-story bus of a make I had never seen in Mexico, and the price was absolutely laughable.

All in all it has been a great week. But it ain't over. I'm heading for supermarkets tomorrow to herd up the 2012 models that have arrived to Mexico, hopefully I'll find some secret $THs too. I also have a strong lead of what could be an awesome collection that will soon be up for grabs. I just hope I have enough cash.

By monday-thursday the report with pics should be in.

The biggest toyshow in St. Louis is this weekend!

********closes his eyes and prays********

Nope still Thursday. :(

I feel like Cartman waiting for the Nintendo Wii to come out!

The biggest toyshow in St. Louis is this weekend!

********closes his eyes and prays********

Nope still Thursday. :(

I feel like Cartman waiting for the Nintendo Wii to come out!

I hope you'll spend a small fortune and show us. I always enjoy the odd stuff you come up with.

Finally grabbed some 2012 cars off a supermarket which had them at like 80 US cents. And finally an A-Team van fell in my hands too. It was everywhere. I also got the Ferrari FF which seems to be very very scarce over here, found it hanging on the Barbie rafters lol. I'm still missing a lot of the cars that I know have arrived here because members of the Mexican club forum have posted them, so the chase is still on.

tj4zb.jpg

mpIXb.jpg

I liked that, but I don't think I've ever seen one. Can I find this in stores?

Probably, though it's not that new. I bought it last year but noticed the date says 2006. It's a reedition from when they launched the newer Ford GT500 in the same color as this one.

I have about 30 Hot Wheels and 3 Matchbox cars, and tbh I'm going with more Matchbox in the future, since they seem more on the realistic side.

You check for collectible Barbies too, huh? :P

haha, no, but the blue of the blistercard really popped up over everything pink.

the lead to the awesome collectioin that might turn up has been delayed. But maybe by wednesday I can work something out. I hope to go to a big flea market tomorrow to see what I can grab. I also hope to go pick up some cutting discs for my Dremmel.

EDIT: live and in the flesh zamac:

HWC_sneaks_67318.jpg

HWC_sneaks_67324.jpg

Last edited:
I.WANT.THAT :drool:

Hitting stores now? Or that's the preview?

I went through some old boxes that were in storage today and found a couple Redlines, plus some other stuff. (Hard Rock Cafe Cadillac Set) I'll try to get up some pics tomorrow. More than likely they'll all be going on eBay. :)

Got a couple of cars I've yet to show here.

Been hoping I would find this one. 👍
NissanSkylineHT2000GT-R.jpg

Never found this one when they first hit the stores
NissanSkylineII1.jpg

Or this one
VWBrasilia.jpg

Or this one
BTTFDeLorean.jpg

And my first T hunt of 2012.
59ChevyDelivery.jpg

CorvetteGranSport.jpg

Love this one, was very glad that I found it
Estoque.jpg

FordMustang1.jpg

And I got a Siku
GallardoPolizei.jpg

A month or two of purchases for me. :grumpy:

Last edited:
I hope you'll spend a small fortune and show us. I always enjoy the odd stuff you come up with.

Your hope was fulfilled. I spent $13 on cars that were 4/1.00, $3 on cars 3/1.00, $5 on carded Matchbox, $5 on carded Hotwheels, $2 on a Classics '57 Chevy, $2 on cars 2/1.00, 3 cars at $2 a pop a and finally spent $3 on a RR Rescue Ranger on top of $4 admission fee.

(Edit: I'm not entirely sure ^^ was correct. I was in a HW daze...so many bargins and so little room in the bags I brought:D)

(Edit part II: Math is now correct and pictures are taken. Now that its midnight, I'll have to post tomorrow. I took many pics!)

Best buy was probably 25 cents for a Tatoo Machines Sting Rod, but it'll be up for judgement.

(I'll update this post with pics later this evening)

Last edited:

Thanks to that link, I also found out who Jun Imai was 👍

Yup, You all can thank both of these guys for all the JDM goodness we have been seeing in the basic HW lineup, from the 240Z to obviously both of last year's Skylines. Jun Imai is really an enthusiast of his homeland's cars, and he has been in touch with several shops and enthusiast sites to help develop these things. Word is that a RX4 may follow in the future.

Your hope was fulfilled. I spent $18 on cars that were 4/1.00, $3 on cars 3/1.00, $5 on carded Matchbox, $7 on carded Hotwheels and finally spent $5 on a RR Rescue Ranger and anniversary Ferrari together on top of $4 admission fee.

(Edit: I'm not entirely sure ^^ was correct. I was in a HW daze...so many bargins and so little room in the bags I brought:D)
Best buy was probably .25 for a Tatoo Machines Sting Rod, but it'll be up for judgement.

(I'll update this post with pics later this evening)

YES. That seems like a lot of cars for peanuts. PICS. NAO.

I've revised the numbers...not that it matters. All I know I is I filled the Jammer case I brought and then some with cars that were less than 33 cents a piece and some of them are quite a find. I won't say I skipped to my car...

but I might have.

Latest Posts

Back