1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Good find Maj! I'm still looking for some of those. Shame, the price hiked up a bit and they'll restock like once every 3 weeks or so. Need to find that Estoque!

I'm debating with myself weather to take some of my 2011-2012 cars out of the blister thing. I really want to leave them as is because I love things original, but I also want to take them out because I can display them and they will look better. I don't know what to do!!!

I'm debating with myself weather to take some of my 2011-2012 cars out of the blister thing. I really want to leave them as is because I love things original, but I also want to take them out because I can display them and they will look better. I don't know what to do!!!

I'd say keep it in the blister. In case if you're selling it in the future, it still holds quite a lot of value. When it's loose, you lost almost 50% of its value. You can display them like I do by sticking it onto a wall and arrange them in your desired order. You can stick the cars with a masking tape if you want less damage to the wall, that's if you don't mind.

Buy 2. :)

I'd say keep it in the blister. In case if you're selling it in the future, it still holds quite a lot of value. When it's loose, you lost almost 50% of its value. You can display them like I do by sticking it onto a wall and arrange them in your desired order. You can stick the cars with a masking tape if you want less damage to the wall, that's if you don't mind.

That sounds like a really bad idea actually. :lol:

Buy 2. :)

That sounds like a really bad idea actually. :lol:

Yeah, buying 2 example of the same car is also one of the way but you will have to pay another extra.

But, but.. What's bad about the idea mate? Because sticking the cars on the wall? :confused:

Yeah, buying 2 example of the same car is also one of the way but you will have to pay another extra.

It's a dollar. :lol:

But, but.. What's bad about the idea mate? Because sticking the cars on the wall? :confused:

If you really want to keep the value of the cars at their highest, you'd need to keep the blister card in good shape too. Tape could ruin the blister, effectively making it just as valuable as taking the car out in the first place.

I really don't display my cars anymore, they go straight into boxes and stay there. Less chance they'll get damaged or for the artwork on the cards to fade.

@ Cano: yes, we know, you hate blister packs. But we all know cars that remain in their original packaging are worth more than those that are not when it comes time for them to actually be worth something. Redlines are a great example of this.

Of course, if you're not in it for the investment, then it doesn't matter. :)

It's a dollar. :lol:

If you really want to keep the value of the cars at their highest, you'd need to keep the blister card in good shape too. Tape could ruin the blister, effectively making it just as valuable as taking the car out in the first place.

I really don't display my cars anymore, they go straight into boxes and stay there. Less chance they'll get damaged or for the artwork on the cards to fade.

It may be a dollar there but it's a whole lot of MYR7.50 here! :crazy:

Actually, I only tape the top of the blister and so far only a couple of blisters are damaged which I made a mistake while taping. The cars are of the late 2009 and 2010. All new 2011 and 2012 cars are very well taken care and I tape it properly on the wall and so far not a problem.

However, one thing that really ruins the blister is the price tag. Yes, the price tag!

InvincibleM5

This is actually the best way to put cars still in blister cards on your wall. 👍

Edit: What the hell? why is "the best" linked to Best Buy now?

I used to have something similar to that. Looked like a picture frame that you hung on the wall, but it had the slots to slide the cars in just like the wall in that video. The only negative to using a system like that, is that the weight of the cars on top will but a lot of stress on the bottom cards, which bends the bottom of the blister.

Yeah and sometimes the blister will get stuck somewhere in the slide, the force to get it move up and down will actually result in a damage to the side of the blister wearing out. Members from Malaysian Hot Wheels club have done that before, but only some still using it.

Thanks for the reccomendation though Schwartz38 ;)

InvincibleM5
Yeah and sometimes the blister will get stuck somewhere in the slide, the force to get it move up and down will actually result in a damage to the side of the blister wearing out. Members from Malaysian Hot Wheels club have done that before, but only some still using it.

Thanks for the reccomendation though Schwartz38 ;)

Yes but I'm sure if you add a little extra clearence between the slides and maybe engineer a few extra "safety features" you can keep the cards in good condition.

You see? nothing but trouble lol. Pop them open, people.

I support this statement.

And thanks Ahmad. Got a couple of cars I've wanted to get for a while now. Mainly the Brasilia and the Estoque.

You see? nothing but trouble lol. Pop them open, people.

Awesome response....uploading pictures NOW!

Toy Man Show!!

(If you have a question about any one car, just respond here! I love comments.)

First 4 pics show cars that were 4/1.00
IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

These are my favorites:

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

This next pictures have cars that were 3/1.00 including a couple nice Yatming!
IMG_0097.jpg

These cars were 2/1.00
IMG_0104.jpg

These cars were 2.00 Each
IMG_0103.jpg

This car was 3.00
IMG_0102.jpg

Matchbox from 1.00 Table
IMG_0105.jpg

Next two pictures were hotwheels 10/5.00
IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

New Years weekend I went out buying and came across the following stuff. WTF to the 4 year old classics I found at Toy R Us for 1.50.

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Trackbuilding Day @ my brothers. Combined the Criss Cross Crash, Fast track and random track. This was about an hour in...we were mostly distracted!

IMG_0082.jpg

Last edited:
WYYYYYYYYYYVEERRRNNNNNNN
fuuuuu.gif

I cannot believe for the life of me the 4 cars for a buck pieces. Amazing. Holy hell amazing. Those should have easily ran you $1 per car, specially the Mathcboxes. Heck, even $2 or $3, and they would have been worth it.

The Dairy Lane, the Taxi, the GTO!!! And all of them mint! Screw you. Those 80s Matchboxes are really hard to find over here, because they were only sold at department stores for a very steep price. And yeah, you go buy 4 for a buck.

The Yatmings are also awesome, that Mercedes, I had never seen it! And the blue wagon, minty!

Also, the Forest Ranger RR for $3 was a FREAKING STEAL. So minty!!

Envy. I need bargain toy shows like those, but over here toy shows are the exact contrary, inflated, stuuuuuuuupidly inflated prices. On EVERYTHING.

I still don't get what these "toy shows" are. So are they like used toy convention then?

I picked myself up couple of matchboxes during lunch break:

dscn1175qz.jpg

Not a fan of Mini, but I liked the cabriolet-look, so I said what they hey. Vista Cruiser, I remembered Ben posting one of these in this very thread. Been wanting one.
dscn1179e.jpg

Crappy photo(sorry) of the "For Sale" sign on the front windshield.

dscn1181u.jpg

I've been wanting a Hot Wheels or Matchbox with the dogs. I finally got one! :embarrassed:

Thanks to that link, I also found out who Jun Imai was 👍
Yup. 👍
I keep them in packaging. When I must have one out of it, that's what I do. Buy 2. :D:tup:
1970 Plymouth AAR 'cuda

I think I got like three of those, Diego. In different colors, of course. You can pretty much call it an obsession(or just boredom lol).

My latest:

Back row: Maisto Hummer H2 SUT Concept, Unknown 1997 Chevrolet Camaro and a Maisto Dodge Viper RT/10.

Front row: Hot Wheels Bread Box, Hot Wheels Bedlam, Hot Wheels Open Road-ster and a Welly Nissan Fairlady Z.

"What the hey" is what I meant to say. :crazy:
You found the blue Vista Cruiser! been looking for that. I posted somewhere here about it too.

By a dumb luck, too. I just skated over to the toy section, while picking up a sandwich from the deli. :dopey:👍

You got some great cars at the toy show diabolicwyvern. I espically like the Vipers, taxi and the F truck with the flames. Are those Falcons you find Supers? and I havnt been able to find the A Team van over here but everyone on here seems to have it already.

So if you buy that Vista cruiser (since it's for sale and all) do you get the dogs too?

I saw a car from the "crackle series" that someone posted. I believe I have one from that seriers, but its completely lodged with dirt (and cobwebs :yuck: )... I wonder if its worth anything... :sly: :lol:

Back