1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Hi guys... Things are a little quieter here in SA as well in terms of Hot Wheels collecting, but I think thats gonna change relatively quickly... It's 2 weeks into the new year, and I havent bought a single car yet - however, I've gotten 3 as presents: One my gf got me from Cape Town - A 2011 yellow 1970 Pontiac GTO convertible, that was one of the few more to complete all the 2011 Cars that I wanted. The other 2 were a bit more interesting.... Saturday I'm just chilling at home on the PS3 when I get a call from a good buddy of mine - he tells me that he's at a teller at a Game store (Wallmart owned here in SA) Anyways he tells me they have some new cars there - 2011 and the first batch of 2012, he says he picked up a few for himself and a couple for me. Later on he comes over with a Purple and green 2011 Custom Chevy with transparent hood, and a 2012 '86 Monte Carlo SS (My first 2012 of the year) for me. He picked up a 2011 white Gallardo and a black Reventon for himself, along with 2012 dodge Corronet Super Bee and a Chevy Nova.... but the one car that got me fuming was a 69 Chevelle 396 Treasure Hunt!!! I've been actively collecting hot wheels since 2010, and I got this guy into it as well since last year.... so the fact that he managed to get these cars before i even had a sniff was a bit of a bitter pill to swallow... but the search continues - I'm planning to hit that store today some time, and all the other locations over the next couple weeks. The most important thing is this: THEY WERE IMPORTED CARS!!!!!
They were all on the US long card - the first time I've ever seen these over here - I guess we have Wallmart to thank for this, but there is one question I have - If tresasure hunts are so hard to find in USA and Canada, howcome theres enough to send them over here?! Ah well.... I'll keep you guys posted on what else arises over the next couple weeks. One more thing - does anyone know when the complete list/poster of 2012 cars will be released?

Literally just got back from the store - took an early break from work. The store that my buddy visited is one of several in our part of the country (All under the Wallmart group), but there are about 5, incl. this one in the CBD that are accessable to me. Out of all, this is usually the one that has the "least" of the stock that the Game stores would get in. That being said - there are 2 places that the cars are usually "hung" - one place had about +/- 25 long card 2011 and 2012 cars, and the other had alot of the older stuff from 2008,2009, 2011 - but there were also long card 2011s and 2012s in the midst of all the other stuff. The long card stick out like a sore thumb! Anyway - I got out with 6 cars - 2 2012s (64 Chevy Chevelle SS and 69 Mercury Cougar Eliminator), and 4 2011s ( a white 370Z, green Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, yellow flamed 65 Mustang hard top and a blue 63 split window corvette). There were a couple other 2012s, but nothing that I wanted - seems like my buddy pilaged all the good stuff :( However, 14 2011 cars left to get and 3 2012 cars aint that bad - might try to hit one of the other Game stores after work - but thats if i can duck out early.... will keep the Hot Wheels familia updated!

Last edited:
IMG_8592.jpg

what i picked up today at target
iroc z cammaro
73 Pontiac fire bird
2012 mustang boss 302
=D good american load out
*PS* i go to a local collectors warehouse called franks collectors and sons they have thousands of cars for any body living in SO. CAL.

Oh, had no idea Majorette makes more of the F1 cars. The renault I have is lovely. I will keep an eye out for that.

Well, I know I am a little kid inside now. Today while at the mall as I walked past the Hot Wheels I was very tempted to purchase the Ferrari FF which was right there. Unfortunately I didn't have the time. :(

SVX
I think he was meaning that there is no Majorette in his area/near by shops. Not that no Majorettes are allowed in the thread.

What?!! No pudding for ME, then? Goldarnit . . .

Seriously, though, I thought R1600Turbo was just pulling my leg, so returned the humour - I am quite miffed to hear that he was unable to source Majorettes - I quite admire the modded cars he has posted in this thread.

Majorettes, though, are not easy to get this side of the pond. In fact they are quite rare on the racks around here. I can't help nabbing them since I've had a collection going from way back. Still, even though they may appear/disappear now and then, it is'nt very often. In fact, IIRC, the last time I scored some was quite a few years ago.
Was at the Toys 'r us. Keep an eye out, the RB6 comes in a combo (as pictured) and singly, too.

And R1600 . . . only say the word, chum, and we should be able to arrange something that'll put one in your hands (and a smile back on that face!)

^I've got (as I've shown before) two Majorettes. Lancer WRC 2005, and Citroen Xsara WRC 2003. They are great quality as far as the livery goes.

aw jeez....

Cano asked for pictures of my collection.

In August.

I'm on it.

Here's possibly one of my rarest, a 2003 T-Hunts Porsche 959.

2003 Treasure Hunts 959 by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr
I'm guessing this isn't too common, a Gleam Team 959 from 1991

1991 Gleam Team 959 by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr
I just bought these two. A Celica Supra and a Silverado.

Silverado and Celica Supra by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr
I bought the Silverado for a reason.
When I was a young kid, Hotwheels were my favorite things ever. A hotwheels car could keep me busy for hours. My favorite car was a Silverado, just like the one pictured. This one was in much worse condition though, the tampos were chipped all over and the wheels were almost completely black. I loved it though. I don't know why, but there is just something about it that made me love it so much. I brought it everywhere and treasured it like I do a real car now. I have no idea where it is now, and I have wanted a good one ever since I lost it years ago to add to my collection. I finally found it, and it is PERFECT. There is not a single chip on it anywhere, the axles aren't bent, it's totally mint. I am super happy I finally found one.

I'll get some more pictures later tonight.

aaaand it's later tonight.

IMG_8873 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8874 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8875 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8876 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8881 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8879 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr
Cano, are these two worth restoring?

IMG_8882 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8891 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8883 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8892 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr
This one's pretty much gone, sadly.

IMG_8893 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8894 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr
This is a dream car of mine in real life, that's why it's in here. 1973 Nissan Skyline KPGC110, aka the Ghost Skyline.

IMG_8896 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8901 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr
How rare is this?

IMG_8903 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8908 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

IMG_8899 by Reece M's alternate account, on Flickr

Last edited:
aw jeez....

Cano asked for pictures of my collection.

In August.

I'm on it.

Here's possibly one of my rarest, a 2003 T-Hunts Porsche 959.

Ugh. Dude, NO. By FAR, and I mean REALLY FAR your rarest car is the chromed redline Mustang, that thing is INCREDIBLY CLEAN!!!! That's the ABSOLUTE JEWELL in your collection, and in such amazing condition!!!! Take the stupid gold Ferrari out of that acrylic case and put that Stang in! Or better yet send it over here (:

The two redlines and EVEN the Barracuda are worth it indeed... I'd leave the Ferrari and Porsche alone, they are in decet original condition for a pair of used redlines, the only thing I'd look into is to put the axles back in shape, this might help:

As you can see you need a special tool, but it's actually easy to fabricate one. As for the Barracuda, that one is also very much worth restoring it because it is complete, it has the hood! If the glass is good (not cracked) it is a good candidate for a resto.

I'd also pop-open the Corgi Carabo and swap in another set of wheels, the car is in great shape and is pretty rare, I had never seen a Carabo by corgi.

Other highlights: The red 80s Fox Mustang is also difficult to find in decent shape, and you have one of it's best versions, that is also a little jewell. The red with black Celica was only avaiulable ina track set, so that one is hard to come by too.

MOAR.

Ugh. Dude, NO. By FAR, and I mean REALLY FAR your rarest car is the chromed redline Mustang, that thing is INCREDIBLY CLEAN!!!! That's the ABSOLUTE JEWELL in your collection, and in such amazing condition!!!! Take the stupid gold Ferrari out of that acrylic case and put that Stang in! Or better yet send it over here (:

The two redlines and EVEN the Barracuda are worth it indeed... I'd leave the Ferrari and Porsche alone, they are in decet original condition for a pair of used redlines, the only thing I'd look into is to put the axles back in shape, this might help:

As you can see you need a special tool, but it's actually easy to fabricate one. As for the Barracuda, that one is also very much worth restoring it because it is complete, it has the hood! If the glass is good (not cracked) it is a good candidate for a resto.

I'd also pop-open the Corgi Carabo and swap in another set of wheels, the car is in great shape and is pretty rare, I had never seen a Carabo by corgi.

Other highlights: The red 80s Fox Mustang is also difficult to find in decent shape, and you have one of it's best versions, that is also a little jewell. The red with black Celica was only avaiulable ina track set, so that one is hard to come by too.

MOAR.

Cano....you are a genius when it comes to this stuff. All of that information made my night. I'll see what I can do with the cars that need restorations.

I also have one of these that I want to know more about.
hw_63corvette_1980.jpg

I would post a picture of the actual car, but I am not totally sure where it is at the moment.

Cano....you are a genius when it comes to this stuff. All of that information made my night. I'll see what I can do with the cars that need restorations.

I also have one of these that I want to know more about.
hw_63corvette_1980.jpg

I would post a picture of the actual car, but I am not totally sure where it is at the moment.

Hey, if I know about this stuff I'll be glad to help, don't worry.

About your Vette, it's actually the first edition of that very famous and very long-running (2011 mainline had one) casting. It's a Hi-Rakers version, meaaning that you pulled the rear axle down and it seemed that the car was raked and had a stkingbug stance. I'm sure you remember about it.

Right now when looking about it I realized it was the first edition of that car. Good to know, since I also have it but didn't know it was the first one.

EDIT:

I love that Supra(or Celica XX where I'm from!). Before "Initial D", for our generation, there was Yoroshiku Mechadoc.

Dude, thanks for that link! That old-style manga looks awesome, back from when these cars were raced for real.

Hey guys. Just a few points:

1. On the whole Majorette subject: We get them around here quite often - I actually dont really have a preference for them (I'm 100% Hot wheels!), however, i did pick up about 10 Majorette rally cars last year (Consisted of the Subaru Impreza, Red Bull Citroen... those sorta cars). I have the 2 i mentioned opened and displayed in my room - but the rest are still mint on card - would these be worth anything later on down the line? I know Majorette has some F1 cars - havent seen any of those, but I wouldnt mind getting a couple if i do!

2. Anna+Reece - that green car missing a couple wheels above the Kenmeri Skyline - what is that? I had/have an identical one to that, but i think i chucked it out due to the fact that it didnt have any wheels - i must have had it from the late 80's! I used to make believe that it was the back to the future time machine from the 2nd movie...flying around with no wheels!!! Aaaah the good old days! I also notice that you have a very interesting way of storing/displaying your cars with the clothes hangers - any plans to change this - i also have a space constraint, which results in my carded cars being stored in plastic storage boxes....

3. I paid another Game store a visit yesterday after work - even though i left early, i literally had to run into the store as they close at 5. Anyway - it was deffinately worth it, I came out with 5 cars - 3 2011 cars (A green '71 Mustang Mach 1, a blue/green '71 Dodge Charger - i already had this in PINK!, but i got this cos it had some unusual green wheels) and 2 2012 cars (a grey '66 chevy Nova and the 69 Chevelle SS 396 Treasure Hunt!) But the find of the day - heck the year, has to be the A-Team van! I never thought I'd find one, but there it was, just sitting there at the bottom of the rack.... its moments like that, that remind me why I enjoy collecting so much! I'm hopefully gonna try another couple of the same stores on the weekend.... will see what that brings! On that note:

4. Cano - maybe you can help me out with this. From what I've gathered, hot wheels for the year are released in waves throughout the year - that is why at the moment, here in SA we have the final wave of 2011 and the 1st wave of 2012. What I wanna know is, why do they do this - or is it just a figment of my imagination. Also, do you recall what cars made up the first batch of 2012s that you started getting in Mexico, and what are currently available in stores? I've been on the hot wheels wiki to see whats been identified so far, but i have a feeling that we here in SA have a very limited amount this early in the year.

Good hunting guys!

Hey guys. Just a few points:

2. Anna+Reece - that green car missing a couple wheels above the Kenmeri Skyline - what is that?

The Corgi Carabo. Also came out by Matchbox, Hot Wheels (albeit in the Redline era, which makes it difficult that you had it in the 80s), by Tomica, and by who knows who else. It was very popular back in the day.

4. Cano - maybe you can help me out with this. From what I've gathered, hot wheels for the year are released in waves throughout the year - that is why at the moment, here in SA we have the final wave of 2011 and the 1st wave of 2012. What I wanna know is, why do they do this - or is it just a figment of my imagination. Also, do you recall what cars made up the first batch of 2012s that you started getting in Mexico, and what are currently available in stores? I've been on the hot wheels wiki to see whats been identified so far, but i have a feeling that we here in SA have a very limited amount this early in the year.

Good hunting guys!

Yup, they release "waves" so to speak in order to have new cars the entirety of the year. You can se what "wave" they are in right now by checking the code on the boxes in which the HWs are delivered to stores, they usually have a letter on them, which will let you know what cars are inside if you pay attention.

So far there are only a handful of 2012s in here, the very first batch, and the final 2011s. It's taken a while already.

The Corgi Carabo. Also came out by Matchbox, Hot Wheels (albeit in the Redline era, which makes it difficult that you had it in the 80s), by Tomica, and by who knows who else. It was very popular back in the day.
If I remember correctly - It was a Corgi - I have most of a full Corgi Track set at home, with a "booster" sort of aparatus that was attached at the start of the track to boost the cars along the course. This must have been late 80's as I was a lil kid at that point. There was another car that came along with it - was blue and very futuristic looking - it had a key that used to release the under of the car - I remeber both the cars had the same sort of underneath....

Yup, they release "waves" so to speak in order to have new cars the entirety of the year. You can se what "wave" they are in right now by checking the code on the boxes in which the HWs are delivered to stores, they usually have a letter on them, which will let you know what cars are inside if you pay attention.

So far there are only a handful of 2012s in here, the very first batch, and the final 2011s. It's taken a while already.

I'll keep an eye out for that the next time I'm in one of the stores - but most of the time, they've dispensed with the boxes and its just the cars in their packaging that are on the racks, or they keep them in the store room that normal people arent allowed access to! As I said in a previous post, the store that I'm getting the cars from is Wallmart owned, so all the cars are packaged in US long card packaging - unlike the short card that we've gotten here for years - so I guess we are now getting the stuff thats available in the states... Thanks for the help bud - how's the treasure hunting going?

hey, I have a redline Carabo lying around somewhere. It's green, and the doors are damaged, but still complete. Is it worth restoring?

balandeva, I learned that form of storing cars from another forum I'm on. Though as you can see, I'm running out of room for hangers. It works well though!

Back