1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Damn!.. i so want the A-Team van but can't find it anywhere.

Behold!!... probably the most blurred out of focus pics you will ever witness :D

some of my present day collection... nothing special, but i like them still the same.

Pikes Peak Celica and a Tacoma:

DSC00121 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Mini collection:

DSC00122 by dazzz99, on Flickr

VW collection:

DSC00123 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Go-Karts:

DSC00124 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Some Japanese love:

DSC00125 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Some British love:

DSC00126 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Concept cars:

DSC00127 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Some of my HW favourites.. (the writing on the wing of the plane is hilarious) :

DSC00131 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Some TH's.. (quite hard to come by in my country) :

DSC00130 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Some Corgi.. (quite like the F1 cars) :

DSC00134 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Some Matchbox:

DSC00132 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Some random makes and my 1 and only Majorette from my current collection... So, So regret giving away my early car collection :(

DSC00136 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Lupin the third Chara wheels.. really want to open it but have restrained myself.. the boot of the Fiat 500 is very tempting though :D :

DSC00128 by dazzz99, on Flickr

DSC00129 by dazzz99, on Flickr

Sorry to tarnish the thread (usually what i tend to do :D), with these awful pics.

Lupin. Hotwheels.

Now I've seen it all. Seriously though, they are awesome!

How do you get that Subaru rally car. Very cool. 👍

Thanks man, i stumbled across the Subaru and Evo at the same time about 7-8yrs ago (Toys-R-Us) both had special blister, but can't remember the details.
The Lupin 500 is tiny... probably my favourite HW.

picture.php

You're now jealous.

I'm SO jelly. :drool:

Thanks man, i stumbled across the Subaru and Evo at the same time about 7-8yrs ago (Toys-R-Us) both had special blister, but can't remember the details.
The Lupin 500 is tiny... probably my favourite HW.

Yeah, there was also a Ford Focus if I remember correctly, which I got. Along with the Subie, though they're not in perfect condition now because I got them as an 8 year old.

This is all of the ones available (these are NOT mine)

Hot%20Wheels_Subaru_Impreza%20WRC_eBxy.jpg

Hot%20Wheels_Peugeot_206%20WRC_LZic.jpg

B9606.jpg

C3550.jpg

AOS-
That looks cool 👍

My purchases today. I hope some of you are jelly. :sly:

Yur so Fast

Never thought I'd get one.

'84 Pontiac Stunt Car

Found one!

Gran Torino Sport

Charger R/T

Camaro SS

:D:D:D

Can't believe I found one. Still no Hanasaku though :grumpy:

You're now jealous.

I'm soo jealous right now.

The Ken Block Fiesta, 911 GT2 (997), Gran Turino, Bluebird 510 and the Charger RT '70. I got to find them. :eek:

But you will be jelly with mine I got recently.

Two Nissan Skyline 2000GTX Hakosua :sly:👍

'71 Ford Maverick Grabber

Lamborghini Reventon

Nissan Skyline GTR (R32)

Nissan Silvia S15

'68 Chevy Nova SS 350

Datsun 240Z (S130)

Two '68 COPO Camaros

Ferarri 458 Italia

Two Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)

Dodge Challenger RT drift car

Two Honda S2000 AP1

'69 Dodge Cornet Super Bee

'70 Plymouth RoadRunner

Impressed? ;)

Visited the flea market today. The 35 degree weather kept a lot of sellers away and because of that my 'haul' was less than stellar. I mentioned a couple days ago I had pictures to post from eBay (and I do) but with 15ish more cars picked up today, I'm delaying my picture upchuck till tomorrow. :)

Does it matter...nope. Did I even need to mention it...nope.

But because I like you all I decided to anyway!

But you will be jelly with mine I got recently.

Two Nissan Skyline 2000GTX Hakosua :sly:👍

'71 Ford Maverick Grabber - Have it.

Lamborghini Reventon - Have it.. the gray roadster,yellow roadster, orange, green, and 2 hard tops. :mischievous:

Nissan Skyline GTR (R32) - Have it.

Nissan Silvia S15 - Have it.

'68 Chevy Nova SS 350 - don't care

Datsun 240Z (S130)

Two '68 COPO Camaros - think I have this.

Ferarri 458 Italia - Have it, red, yellow, white, didn't get the blue because it's ugly.

Two Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997) - Have all 3 colours

Dodge Challenger RT drift car - Have all 4 colours.

Two Honda S2000 AP1 - Have the yellow and silver, not the red.

'69 Dodge Cornet Super Bee - Didn't get the TH when I saw it, should have though.

'70 Plymouth RoadRunner - Have it.

Impressed? ;)
Almost... :P

But my job is to make people jealous in here; If I ain't succeeding, then I'm going to quit collecting and burn my hot wheels in my fireplace.

Last edited:
I think I forgot to mention the other day that I bought:

- '85 Chevrolet Camaro Iroc Z
- '12 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

...and a duplicate BMW M3 GT2 which I forgot that I had already purchased, so I opened the extra and gave it to my nephew.

Cano where are those flea market pictures...

were are the flea market pics Cano?

Soon. I've been sick the poor little me and didn't take any pics, but friday was final day and I scored a couple cars. Will get the pictures now, I'm feeling much better.

Some more of my cars both store purchases and some I got from work. Hopefully a couple that will get a screw you out of Cano

A Renault Supercino GT Turbo, Renault Safrane, Mercedes 350 SL and a Alfa Romeo Giulietta the Mercedes and Alfa are made in France both Renault's have no markings

-

A truck and crane I think these could be unmarked Yatming's I need your help on this one Cano how can you tell if they are unmarked Yatming's

-

A Mercedes CLK GTR Street Version this has the words Hotwheels Promotional Vehicle stamped on the bottom of it and a Formula Fever with Real Riders

Got damn that silver Mercedes from Majorette is in amazing condition!!! That car is really REALLY difficult to find, it's a very early model of the second "version" of Majorettes (the first "versions" had all-black wheels, early-Lesney style, and are stupidly hard and expensive to get nowadays). If you weren't in Australia, I'd ask you to sell it to me, lol. Screw you on dat one. The Alfa is also cool.

The Yatmings: Yes they smell of Yatmings to me. I'd have to see the undercarriages and at least a general shot of the blue truck to be sure. I'm sure Wyvern could help too.

Goon grab on the Real Rider indy car too.

But my job is to make people jealous in here; If I ain't succeeding, then I'm going to quit collecting and burn my hot wheels in my fireplace.

With supermarket purchases? Dude, come ON.

I want to get that Datsun 510, but refuse to buy any cars with those hideous wheels.

Dude, you customize. Buy Datsun and wheel donor, pop open Datsun and wheel donor, swap wheels, snap Datsun back together and throw away wheels donor (or snap it together too and give it to your nephew), profit. I'm gonna do EXACTLY that with that version whenever I find one for myself. I'm already eyeing some Tomica rip-off wheels that look like Work Equip 01's.

Lupin the third Chara wheels.. really want to open it but have restrained myself.. the boot of the Fiat 500 is very tempting though :D :

DSC00128 by dazzz99, on Flickr

DSC00129 by dazzz99, on Flickr

SWEET HOLLY HELL :0

Now THIS is how you make people jelly. Got damn this set is awesome. You sent me straight to look for them on E-Bay but the price is pretty high. In any which way I'll be on the look for these because they are amazing!!! Thanks for bringing them to my eye!!!

Visited the flea market today. The 35 degree weather kept a lot of sellers away and because of that my 'haul' was less than stellar. I mentioned a couple days ago I had pictures to post from eBay (and I do) but with 15ish more cars picked up today, I'm delaying my picture upchuck till tomorrow. :)

Don't YOU forget to post the stuff!!!

Dude, you customize. Buy Datsun and wheel donor, pop open Datsun and wheel donor, swap wheels, snap Datsun back together and throw away wheels donor (or snap it together too and give it to your nephew), profit. I'm gonna do EXACTLY that with that version whenever I find one for myself. I'm already eyeing some Tomica rip-off wheels that look like Work Equip 01's.

No can do if I want to keep one in the package. I'll just have to pass on it unfortunately.

With supermarket purchases? Dude, come ON.
Obviously not you... :P

current 2012 car wishlist:

Code:
'07 Shelby GT-500 - WANT - pearl dark yellow
'12 Camaro ZL-1 - WANT - RED W/ BLACK STRIPES
'12 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca - WANT -
'69 Dodge Coronet Super Bee - WANT - ORANGE/BLACK
'72 Ford Gran Torino Sport - HAVE (green) - WANT ORANGE
'85 Camaro IROC-Z ' * - WANT - 
2010 Aston Martin DBS A * - WANT - METALLIC MAROON
Acura NSX - WANT - Metallic Green
Aston Martin One-77 B * - WANT - WHITE
BMW M3 GT2 - WANT - 
CITROEN C4 RALLY CAR - WANT - GREEN
Custom '11 Camaro - WANT - yellow, white
Dodge XP-07 * - WANT -  GRAY
Ferrari California - WANT - 
Ford GT LM * - WANT -  RED
Hemi Cuda - WANT -
Jet Threat 4.0 L * - WANT - CREAM
Lamborghini Aventador * - WANT - 
Mazda RX-7 Racing (IMSA GTU) - WANT - 
Scorcher T * - WANT - OLIVE
Shelby GT500 Super Snake - WANT - black
it's messy with other notes, I ripped it from my list directly so I didn't bother to clean it up.

They put that Shelby Super Snake up in the previews on Friday. I'm going to pass on it since it still has that stupid large rear wheel design. Makes them look all cartoon-ish. :yuck:

Picture Explosion!!
(apologies for quality/quantity of pictures)

========================================================

eBay Haul

Highlights not shown below would be the 10 pack exclusive Firebird and 4 additional 5 pk only variations.

(Cano: I added the Turbo Coupes I already had just for you. I looked this weekend and couldnt find one, but I will continue to search at each show I go to for a mainline, World Class or premiere version.)

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

The best from the bunch

Mail-in Camaro Z-28 Fresh pull. Paid top dollar for this, but when do Mint Mail-ins from 1984 come available?
IMG_0115.jpg

Cal Custom '40s Woodie with Pink Interior.
IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Been looking for the Nissan Custom 'Z' HO version for over a year!
IMG_0124.jpg

Flea Market Finds
Matchbox and Hotwheels were 6/$5
IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Had to rescue the Schaper Five Winder!
IMG_0133.jpg

1/6,000 '97 series 2 set for $10....uuuhhhh YES please
IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

Diecast reorganization

I've had the same wall of cars up for over a year now. Switched out Treasure hunts for carded pre-2000 Matchbox and a small section for current favorites. Above my fish tanks are vintage showcases and playsets.

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0154-1.jpg

IMG_0150-1.jpg

IMG_0158-1.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Kar Keeper Bug has found friends!
IMG_0151-1.jpg

I was able to have enough new decent loose to create a couple more fetching cases. I'm quite particular about which colors are next to each other and because of that I do have about 2% duplication from case to case.

IMG_0161-1.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163-1.jpg

IMG_0164-1.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166-1.jpg

On permanent display now...was able to find in my father's basement the Radio Shack Red Arrows my brother and I played with as kids!

IMG_0159.jpg

Last edited:
YES!! You have some mean stuff in those display cases, a few of which I'm still missing. Case in point, I had never seen the red coba with Real Riders. Awesome.

From the E-Bay haul: Matchbox Thunderbird with rubber tires! not fair, haha, I had never seen it aither. And I'm also missing the HO Nissan Z. The Mail-in is awesome, and the black Camaro with Good Year 7 spokes is awesome, never seen it either, I only have the 5-spoke version like the one in the first pic.

Great stuff, bud.

Cano
From the E-Bay haul: Matchbox Thunderbird with rubber tires! not fair, haha, I had never seen it aither. And I'm also missing the HO Nissan Z. The Mail-in is awesome, and the black Camaro with Good Year 7 spokes is awesome, never seen it either, I only have the 5-spoke version like the one in the first pic.

Mail in???

...and the black Camaro with Good Year 7 spokes is awesome, never seen it either, I only have the 5-spoke version like the one in the first pic.

Great stuff, bud.

The Camaros all came together for a $5 eBay lot win. I'm sure you have idea, if you've not seen it, but the Camaro with GY tires is easily worth that. I set my max bid to nearly $10 and was shocked when I won for the opening bid!

Jesus, that collection is massive...picture of everything in the same room in the same photo please! :D

My collection is in a spare bedroom, underneath a stairwell and divided into two back rooms in my basement.

In other words....

Not possible.

My last post was maybe 15%

Just catching u[p from Friday... damn you guys are really hard core! I was just looking at some of the pics that were being uploaded - I dont think I could ever get that serious into collecting hot wheels (I have too many other loves - DVDs/Bluray, Action Figures and Collectables, PS3, Comics, Home theatre...), but what I've been trying to do is get the best of current series - sometimes those are just as hard to find as the old school stuff. That being said, I paid another Game store a visit this weekend - a much bigger one that the other 2 I went to last week, and i was in for a surprise - there were hundreds of 2011/2012 hot wheels there!!! All on the US long card....(pics of the store in my personal album). So anyway, like a kid in a candy store i started doing a sweep from one side - meticulously going through each car. I came out with a few - 2 more A-Team vans - one i gave to my buddy, another Chevelle SS 396 Treasure Hunt, 2011 Ferrari FF, 2011 Studebaker Champ Pick-up, 2011 Black Reventon and a 2012 Dodge Corroner Super Bee. I was surprised at the amount of cars that were there - but there were sh## loads of duplicates, like, I must have seen at least 15 green Brasilias there!! We might hit another of their stores this coming weekend, but I dont think it might herald alot of new finds.... I so wanna find that Ken Block Fiesta! That and the Honosuka Skyline is what my 2011 set is so desperately needing!

Oh, one more thing - I saw the Matchbox Cadillac station wagon (the Ecto-1 look-alike) it was maroon and gold - looked pretty decent, but I passed it by... Do you guys think it would have been worth getting?

Last edited:
AOS-
Almost... :P

O_O :eek: :crazy:

Don't do it!!!

Give them to me dude, I'll take good care of them. :sly: :D

And did you mod my post as a list? :odd: :lol:

Dat M3 GT2 E92. :drool:

I gotta get one of those.

Latest Posts

Back