1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I just won a slew of Playarts off E-Bay... after loosing like 30 JLs, got dammit.

Did you see up top where I said I added those turbo coupe just for you? They were there as an example...which one did you want me to look for? rubber or regular black walls. There are green gold white and grey that I know have rubber while red, red/blue, blue/pink and color changer have normal rims.

SWEET HOLLY HELL :0

Now THIS is how you make people jelly. Got damn this set is awesome. You sent me straight to look for them on E-Bay but the price is pretty high. In any which way I'll be on the look for these because they are amazing!!! Thanks for bringing them to my eye!!!

Thanks Cano, i had no idea they existed myself.. kind of stumbled upon them, basically was wondering whether HW ever did a 500... so searched on e-bay saw it and snapped it up, cost me £25 at the time (about 5yrs ago), would never usually consider paying that amount for essentially 3X 1:64 cars but thought "ah.. what the hell", i think also they were sold seperate... so keep your eyes out for individuals too.

Skython, thanks for posting those pics of the HW rally cars, yeah that's the same blisters mine came in, also i had no idea the peugeot or focus were available.

AOS, the HW Mini's are great aren't they, i love that they're Pop-offs.. means a noob like me can safely change the wheels without injuring myself or the car :D .

So, a couple of days ago I uploaded my eBay and Flea Markets finds with very positive results!
That said, I'm about to blow your mind because I've just been to Vintage Stock, a used games store and spent and scored! I'd describe it as 🤬 amazing!

I'm taking pictures just after I finish this post and will be bombing the thread tomorrow with another spectacular haul! Get ready because tomorrow I'm showing 60 cars in their glorious awesomeness!

Here is a sneak peek

IMG_0178.jpg

Did you see up top where I said I added those turbo coupe just for you? They were there as an example...which one did you want me to look for? rubber or regular black walls. There are green gold white and grey that I know have rubber while red, red/blue, blue/pink and color changer have normal rims.

haha, no, I actually didin't see that! Dah. I just thought you had snapped up a couple more of those lol. A normal-tire full-red version would be good, it's the one I like the most.

Thanks Cano, i had no idea they existed myself.. kind of stumbled upon them, basically was wondering whether HW ever did a 500... so searched on e-bay saw it and snapped it up, cost me £25 at the time (about 5yrs ago), would never usually consider paying that amount for essentially 3X 1:64 cars but thought "ah.. what the hell", i think also they were sold seperate... so keep your eyes out for individuals too.

I'll keep my eyes peeled, I'd for sure love to own those, considering that Cogliostro is one of my favorite movies!

I'm about to blow your mind because I've just been to Vintage Stock, a used games store and spent and scored! I'd describe it as 🤬 amazing!

I'm taking pictures just after I finish this post and will be bombing the thread tomorrow with another spectacular haul! Get ready because tomorrow I'm showing 60 cars in their glorious awesomeness!

Screw you and your exciting PMs. You cannot have me holding in here for dear life 'till tomorrow :crazy: a small fortune well spent, it seems! Go time, go!

hi guys... just trying something - since i cant use any of the pic-sharing sites at work to upload pics, i've added PDF attachments of the store i hit on Saturday - check the amount of hot wheels available...

Attachments

• DSC00464.pdf
    654.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC00465.pdf
    679.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00466.pdf
    618.2 KB · Views: 13
So, a couple of days ago I uploaded my eBay and Flea Markets finds with very positive results!
That said, I'm about to blow your mind because I've just been to Vintage Stock, a used games store and spent and scored! I'd describe it as 🤬 amazing!

Here is a sneak peek

[/QUOTE]

Funny, I sold a Challenger and Mini exactly like those a few months ago in a huge lot on eBay. Wonder if those are them...

The stores at Square One have nothing new at the time being. Will visit again in a month's time. Picked up 5 Matchboxes, and 2 different HW Ferrari Packs.

Here is a sneak peek

IMG_0178.jpg

Wow, I just bought that exact Hot Bird myself last week at a Flea Market, lol cool. 👍

If I had two I'd try doing a custom. I figure it could look good in real life but not too good on camera (tends to point out errors). Though it would take a lot of patience and time. (no way!)

I don't even have one though, so it's not happening any time soon. :P

They're all over the place here. All had damaged blister packs, so took me a while to find one in good shape.

Don't think I have the time or motivation to start a custom at the moment unfortunately.

I'm going to grab an extra red 911 GT2 if I find another one. Going to take that, as well as my spare Black Reventon, Black 911 GT2 and Maisto CLK GTR and do some simple paintjobs. I bought myself a Tamiya gloss Black.

Funny, I sold a Challenger and Mini exactly like those a few months ago in a huge lot on eBay. Wonder if those are them...

if buyer was a game store in texas or missouri I guess its possible. The chain of stores spans from dallas to kansas city with 15 stores in between. Check back this evening see if anything else looks familiar

The store clerk called me a collector today and I felt kind of bad. I don't aim for rarity, value nor "whatever I don't have".. I can't call myself a collector if I only collect Exotics, Supercars , JDMs, and whatever other cars I know/like (which exclude vintage cars, track cars, artificial cars, a handful of muscles, vans, trucks, planes, helicopters, motorcycles, utility vehicles like combines, garbage trucks, etc.)

@AOS-- I reshot in my usual quality. 300% longer uploading for 115% of the result was not worth it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grab your Popcorn and Enjoy the show!!!​

Couldnt believe I came across these sitting on the pegs at Vintage Stock. They get better as you head down the post...ending in what has to be the bargin of the century. I've added highlight notes, but as you'll see...They're ALL highlights!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_0187.jpg

VHTF Mtflk. Red Monte Carlo Concept, VHTF #183 Snake (retool) Plymouth Barracuda Funny Car

Wal-mart Only Cars Variations

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Rarely do you see Greenlights outside of Toy R Us and I didnt recall ever seeing this line. The detail on the paint is extraordinary! Had to have it.

IMG_0188.jpg

VHTF Mystery Bug and Mini Cooper variation (HWC.com)

IMG_0179.jpg

Toy R Us Only Ten Pack with exclusive P-911 and Ford Delivery.

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

Aside from the Baja Bug, the remaining Classics are very desirable. They dont vary much in price save for a few colors, but the muscle cars are tough to find.

IMG_0192.jpg

HTF Purple Dairy Delivery

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Chase '68 Cougar and Phil's Garage '69 Camaro (homage to 1995 Treasure Hunt '67 Camaro)

and rounding out the cars....

Wait for it

Slamma Lamma Ding Dong!!!

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

One of the rarest series cars to come along in a long time I'm sure. I had to look it up. Found 1 on eBay that sold Nov. 25th for $52. I'm waiting till another is posted to see current value. Not that I'm selling. :scared:

Last edited:
Looking at the bounty that diabolicwyvern scored makes me wonder if there are any serious collectors, or collectable cars like that, anywhere here in South Africa.... I mean, I collect hot wheels, but if it comes down to the old school stuff and the really rare cars, then i guess i dont qualify as a collector.... My collection basically consists of a few cars that I had as a kid in the 80's (can be seen in my album), and then theres the cars I started buying since 2009 onwards, which is a couple hundred cars including cars from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and the bulk from 2011, when i seriously got into it. I've got about 6 2012 models so far, but theres a whole year ahead and alot of the 2012 cars to be revealed, so I guess all that will be added to my collection.... I just wish there was more diversity in terms of hot wheels available here, like you can find Majorettes in most stores that sell toys, theres even the exclusive hobby stores that carry the Johnny Lightnings and such, but I am a hot wheel fan and aside from going online and paying rediculous prices off amazon, I guess I just have to settle for the current range, and chasing the treasure hunts and rare cars...

On that long note - is anybody aware of what "special cars" there are in the 2012 new models range? I know last year we had the 2 Skylines, Ken Block's Fiesta, Ferrari FF, BTTF Time Machine and then the ATeam Van...

Guys, I managed to find a Hot Wheel Collectors site here in SA. I was just checking it out - one guy scored over 100 carded Treasure Hunts from different years from a guy he just met at Toys 'r Us!!!! And i thought there was no hope here in SA!!! On another note - anybody hear about the Knight Rider KITT thats supposedly gonna be one of the 2012 new models? I read an article on an international site stating that its lined up for later this year!

Back