1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
There's custom makers out there that can practically make their own cars now. They don't really need a casting to start off of. And I would expect sneak previews to come from Mattel, not shady photos from someone's kitchen table. :)

I'll just wait and see.

Theres alot of talk about this car though - if you check the PDF i upoaded, it looks a bit more realistic in terms of a hot wheels car...

It does look a bit better. The two things I don't understand are the high gloss paint, which for Hotwheels now days is rare, and the decal on the dashboard which is pretty much never seen in a mainline car.

Some more work purchases first are the Realtoys

P1260103 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Ford F-150, Dodge Ram, BMW M3, BMW 5 Series, Audi TT and a Ford Explorer and now some Welly's

P1260104 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A London Double Decker Bus a Gold Coast Titans (Local Rugby League Team) Toyota Yaris, Porsche 911, Porsche 911 Convertible, Airport Truck and a BMW Z4 and now some assorted cars

P1260105 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Bburago Ferrari 348TB, Jada Toys Scion TC, Siku Truck, Classic Carlectables Team Vodafone Jamie Whincup Ford Falcon now some Maisto's

P1260106 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Wolverine Transport Truck, Ferrari 250 GTO, BMW Z8, Volkswagen Beetle Convertible and a Hot Rod Police Car now a trio of Kinsmart's

P1260107 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A PT Cruiser, H2 Hummer and a BMW Z8 and a photo of the bottom of the possible Yatming truck for Cano

P1260111 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Screw Cano, I never intended to make him jealous. I'll make you other guys jealous instead.

Oh by the way, does he have that Burnt Orange Reventon yet? No? :sly: heeee!

The one with the hideous tampos? :P

I'm going to wait for better evidence. That car looks super custom, right down to the detailed dashboard. (which would never happen in a Hotwheels regular line car)

Charawheels/Hotwheels Knight rider KITT & KARR already exist... and have done for some time, though by the looks of things this is a new casting in regards to the sunroof/targa panels, i love the look of this new casting but the Charawheels/HW wins it for me simply because of the wheels.. from what i can make out, the dash is also present in the CW/HW earlier version.

This isn't the 1st time Hotwheels/Charawheels have done this... i believe they did a similar thing with the BTTF Delorean, very highly detailed versions of the BTTF Delorean were released in Japan by CW/HW (i think all 3 versions of the car), and then a few years later we get the mainline HW version... and to be honest, i quite like this pattern, as i still have hope that HW will release a Fiat 500 (old 1) as a mainline, hopefully using the Lupin casting.

(Sorry about the vague link):
http://www.google.com/search?q=char...0GoGssAbFzZzlBw&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1081&bih=605

(slightly better link.. you'll have to scroll down the page though to find KITT & Back to the Future Delorean):
http://100authentic-japanese-toy.blogspot.com/2010/03/bandai-charawheels-japan-hot-wheels.html

Last edited:
Tam-what?

Tampo printing is the way of printing used by HW to apply the decals/stickers/god awful black stripe looking design on your Lambo.

EDIT:

Just had a look around Majorette's website which is apparently something useful now. I really like their model selection. Especially the new 2012 models.

Here's the regular cars

I want this one
1202000002_n.jpg

And this one (even if it is only for the sake of asking AOS if he has it repeatedly, knowing full well he does not)
120219C000_n.jpg

And this one for some reason
1202000008_n.jpg

This one seems to be a well done casting. It's one of the new 2012 models.
120203A000_n.jpg

Another 2012 that seems to be well done.
120220B000_n.jpg

And then finally I saw my most wanted one of them all.
120244F000_n.jpg

:drool: My inner BMW fan is in a state of such DO WANTness right now.

But wait, there's more! Majorette also have the Racing series which is even better.

1202000015_n.jpg

212084008SMO_05_n.jpg

212084008SMO_01_n.jpg

There's also the Red Bull F1 that was mentioned earlier in this thread, a Ford Fiesta WRC and a Ford Focus WRC.

Last edited:
Good to know this thread is still very much active! Hoping some of the fellow old-timers are able to help me identify a car...

It would've been manufactured in the late '70s / early '80s. I believe it was a Matchbox car, but it might have been made by Hot Wheels. (98% sure it was Matchbox.)

The back half was a tracked vehicle, like a tank, and it could separate from the front cab, which became its own vehicle. I think it may have been olive green, or close to it.

Does this description sound familiar to any of you? Any help is much appreciated. =D

I love researching!
@Cano - camaro was available walmart only. Came in two other colors, orange and purple.

It's a real shame that distribution is so limited.
Though it's not sunny here either. The SLS is a 2011 model and I've been reading up. Nobody has seen one anywhere yet. Majorette have a pretty bad distribution problem. :ouch:

Buy ALL the Majorettes! I have a strange sense to collect all of those Majorettes. Any Kiwis know where to get them?

They sure are nice. 👍

I picked up a couple tonight. Not so much I wanted them, but for the price($1.19 & $1.79), I just had to grab a couple:

dscn1194q.jpg

Some of those Majorettes are quite well made. It's really cool to see how one of my favorite brands really returned to good quality after being absolutely horrible in the 90s and early 00s.

I actually have an older version of that Majorette Red Bull rally car, along with an Impreza, a silver Peugeot, a Ford Focus and a couple othe Citroen rally cars in different decals. That range also included a couple 4X4s - one i remember had HP decals on it. But these days, I just pass the Majorettes by - as the Hot wheels are what I really go looking for.... but from the pics of the new Marorettes above, especially that yellow Megane Trophy, I might give them a look - if they are available over here!

You were speaking about them like they were separate companies, when in fact they are pretty much both run by the same people.

No.
That's an assumption that followed a built-in presumption.
However - if that's your point; subsidiaries don't compete fiercely with each other - it's misinformed.

I would take an Alfa Romeo any day over a Lancia or Maserati - though you may tell me they're all the same because they're all made 'by the same people'.

I had no idea Majorette was still around. :lol:

I going to have keep an eye out for them now, especially the SLS and the Megane Trophy. :drool:

I had no idea Majorette was still around. :lol:

I going to have keep an eye out for them now, especially the SLS and the Megane Trophy. :drool:

The Majorettes I posted in #3758 were all acquired at the local ToysRus. The Majorettes came in singles, triples, and combos that went as high as $30.00. The HW's came from a local department store. Walmart was a disappointment.

Tom - yes, I caught that Regal - have been following this thread regularly - have actually read it right through - from post #1. Do you own it? Not sure . . . the photo looks artsy - but I guess that's your advertising background. BTW - interesting contributions. Nicely done.

As for the moving parts bit: I had a look around at some of the stuff I had - HW does have quite a few models with hinged parts.
So does Majorette. The MB's I have are mostly packaged.

100_6978.jpg

Last edited:
Tampo printing is the way of printing used by HW to apply the decals/stickers/god awful black stripe looking design on your Lambo.

EDIT:

Just had a look around Majorette's website which is apparently something useful now. I really like their model selection. Especially the new 2012 models.

212084008SMO_01_n.jpg

There's also the Red Bull F1 that was mentioned earlier in this thread, a Ford Fiesta WRC and a Ford Focus WRC.

Waaaait, is that even 1/64 scale! That's so well detailed. The only 1/64 detail is the wheels! :drool:

I MUST get some of those Majorette WRC cars + Webber's Red Bull. Shame no-one in Australia stocks Majorette any more. Oh, and if that Dacia was a Sandero and not a Duster, I'd have to get that as well.

Most impressed with those new Majorette's, love the Dacia, CRZ, Megane trophy, and that Citroen WRC is Awesome... it's frustrating though, as i haven't seen Majorette over here in ages, though i'm pretty sure either Toys-R-Us or Tesco actually do them as rebranded store makes (Realtoy or Fastlane... forget which 1).

I remember years ago (back in the mid to late 80's) when Majorette was readily available in my country, every time when i used to get them from my local newsagents/corner store.. i also used to get given a small Gratis pack of street accessories for free (hence gratis) with the purchase of a car... which i thought was pretty cool, the packs usually consisted of several bits of curbed pavement (sidewalk) that you'd snap together.. along with traffic lights, street signs, bus shelters etc,etc.

Another thing i remembered the other day whilst reminiscing, was a family holiday to Malta (Mediterranean), must have been 5yrs old at the time (was in 1980), anyway i vaguely remember burying (and losing) my Corgi Dan Tanner Ford Thunderbird and Corgi Starsky & Hutch Torino in the sand... remember getting quite upset that i'd lost them (probably crying and s**t.. haha!), so my father found a toy shop (in an effort to try and replace the cars i'd lost), but there was no Corgi there (in that particular shop) ... just wall to wall Polistil in many different scales, i remember getting about 5 Polistil (1/64's) but don't really remember what they were (think possibly Fiat's, Lancia's etc)... anyway, as i'm sure you all know, i no-longer have my early collection, but i feel like making it a mission to list all the cars i remember, and try my hardest to restore the collection... now all i need is, lots of money... and possibly, a time machine :D

Last edited:
Waaaait, is that even 1/64 scale! That's so well detailed. The only 1/64 detail is the wheels! :drool:

Yeah, here's the thing I failed to mention when I posted those pictures.

The cars won't look like that. The stickers will not match so neatly obviously and I'm guessing there will be a lower number of details.
Not bad at all though. The rally Majorettes are lovely if you manage to find some with decals that aren't too miss aligned.

Latest Posts

Back