1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
My first Majorettes!!! 🤬

picture.php

picture.php

And my Matchboxes, all of which I've never encountered in those colours. Seems like I swept up the last of their good 2011 models at that Toys 'R Us Express.

Individual pictures here

I need these Holdens! I checked eBay and in the scale shown above the least I could find one for (with overseas shipping) was nearly $30. I really enjoy seeing cars posted that were new to me!
These Holdens were all priced from around $15AUS to $20AUS depending on where I brought them when they were new. I also have several 1:43's and 1:18th's made by both Classic Carlectables and Biante let me know if you want to see them here or if I should post them in the model car thread.

either way amazing collection, you aussies are really fans of your own turf!

...which is why a $2 2012 model Hot Wheels Ford Falcon can sell for $35 on eBay - the only $TH Falcon I've seen on there had a price of $75 with a few days to go.

When other stores other than Toys R Us pick them up, I'm keeping my eye out for the SLS AMG, 911 GT3, CRZ, R8, A5 Coupe, Z4, Impreza STi and Impreza STi Street.

http://www.majorette.com/racing/single.html?aff=1

I'd get all in the Racing series. :drool:

Though Majorettes never appealed to me as much as Hot Wheels, What I always loved about Maj's are how the axles has elasticity.... actually I just looked at the WRCs I just bought and they added two additional metal rods underneath that push down on the axles which would explain why I can get spring compression 👍

Does anyone know a source that holds a database of all existing Majorettes?

Last edited:
...which is why a $2 2012 model Hot Wheels Ford Falcon can sell for $35 on eBay - the only $TH Falcon I've seen on there had a price of $75 with a few days to go.

I hope they give treasure treatment to the falcon race car.

@Cano- you'll be so proud..ive opened about 80% of the cars bought recently including classics and the wal mart exclusive redline wheel cars

I want those Aussie cars NOW!!!!!! :eek::drool:

I'm loving the Holden Moranos, Commdores dat HSV GTO, those FPVs, Falcons and Utes! :drool:

Man, I wish Hot Wheels, Matchbox and the others would show more love to the Aussie cars, unique European cars and different types of Japanese cars as well:(. It's hard to find some of these cars here.

Now those cars make me sooo jelly.

New cars tonight from my neighborhood Smiths:

Infiniti G37 (found another one :D)

Datsun 240Z (S130) Treasure Hunt 2011

Hey, it's the rare 240Z from the 2011 TH people. Be jelly :grumpy: :lol:

@diabolicwyvern: You actually opened your cars?! Nice, I open some of mine and it feels great to zip them on my desk. But recently I have some of them locked in their packages still and it's killing me to see them enclosed in their "tombs".

So to you and the almighty Cano, help me here I want to as well keep their packages also for the garages. What should I do?!

Last edited:
When other stores other than Toys R Us pick them up... I'm keeping my eye out for the SLS AMG, 911 GT3, CRZ, R8, A5 Coupe, Z4, Impreza STi and Impreza STi Street.

Be prepared to wait for those. They haven't been seen anywhere yet AFAIK.
Awesome that you finally got some though.

@Cano, no worries, i'll wait patiently.

@AOS, good to hear you got your hands on some Majorettes, out of interest.. were they boxed (or blistered) as Fastlane or Realtoy?, and what models did you end up getting?

[EDIT] Disregard ^ AOS, for some reason your pics were not visible to me until now, they look sweet though.. am Very jelly, and they're the real deal, not re-brands.

Last edited:
@diabolicwyvern: You actually opened your cars?! Nice, I open some of mine and it feels great to zip them on my desk. But recently I have some of them locked in their packages still and it's killing me to see them enclosed in their "tombs".

So to you and the almighty Cano, help me here I want to as well keep their packages also for the garages. What should I do?!

Open 'em, man!!! :cool:

I would have grabbed some more Maj's but I was in running late for work that day. I definitely will sift through the blister packages next time! Gotta catch 'em all, Majorétte!

I think I might get rid of my older cars and most likely the 100-car carrying case (on wheels). If anyone is interested, I'll take some pictures some time in the future.

Are we talking about saving the card and blister in case you want to re-insert the car in the future...our just keeping the cards for decoration...I'm confused. A light brush with acetone just were the glue is on the back of the card works well on pre 2002ish cards. The newer cards or cards with thicker stock I'm not sure add our had no desire to keep them.

Is this an appropriate answer to your question?

I got a couple of cars yesterday.
A Chevelle SS 396 T-Hunt

ChevelleSS396.jpg

A Shelby Cobra that I've been hoping I'd find. The one I've had for a while is in bad shape and has awful looking wheels.
ShelbyCobra.jpg

A Nissan Skyline R32. I'm planning on doing some minor detailing to this one.
NissanSkylineGT-RR32.jpg

The Ken Block Fiesta
KenBlockFordFiesta.jpg

And I also got another T-Hunt Chevy Delivery and another Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R

I just don't have that Chevelle aside from the othe.

What other colours you have the Shelby in?

11911th post.

I was thinking of encasing all my hot wheels in an acrylic box, where there will be dividers and sealing the top cover, permanently housing them in there. Only trouble is minimizing trapped dust.

To give you a better picture, it's like holding really big book... 14x14x1.3 inches, you can see every single car inside from the front or back as it's made entirely of transparent material. Make multiple ones and then I can stack em and store them away 👍

Now that I think about it, this idea won't last because once I'm out of school I don't have access to power tools or cheap supplies. I could resort to MDF and other woods but that won't look nearly as nice.

Last edited:
I have only one in blue.
This one (wiki picture)
AC_Cobra_-_IMGP9898_-_red.jpg

Mine isn't really in bad shape. It's just that it's missing the stripes (they're fairly easy to remove) and it just doesn't look right without them. Not to mention the horrid wheels.

I have an old one, that's blue with a big hot wheel logo on it, and then I have these as well as the posted Maroon Shelby:

picture.php

picture.php

diabolicwyvern
Are we talking about saving the card and blister in case you want to re-insert the car in the future...our just keeping the cards for decoration...I'm confused. A light brush with acetone just were the glue is on the back of the card works well on pre 2002ish cards. The newer cards or cards with thicker stock I'm not sure add our had no desire to keep them.

Is this an appropriate answer to your question?

Yes, this helps thanks for the info. I like to keep their packages, it's like their personal garage, less cleaning and digging through boxes:lol:.

If you are quick enough removing the car...you can reseal the empty package as if the car was never there in the first place without having to reply glue. You should only have to apply glue to one long side and part of the sides...I would choose the bottom instead of top...less artwork generally

Yeah I noticed how freshly sealed blisters don't rip the entire card with it... that's how I've figured how if it has been sitting there for a long time.

This is a Matchbox Range Rover Sport, I think. We used it for an ad, this one and the FJ40 I posted yesterday, and a station wagon I'll post tomorrow if I remember

It's neater than having a dangling blister.... or you can trick others thinking you know magic and removed the car out of the card without damaging it. Oooooo!

Dogs, I hope... I think that car was long enough so that corpses could fit in comfortably without the legs jutting out.

Back