1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Yes, I'm still missing the damned Chevette. Have chased it for years to no avail. On that line, screw you. I have the Accadiane, but it's stated for restoration, complete but plenty beat up, and the interior is FULL of clay -_-.

Yessssss! Finally. I get the Generalissimo's 'Screw You' medal of Honour! Yeahh!! A Military Cross with Purple Heart next. Cano - strangely enough my ACADIANE also seems to have transported mysterious lumps that look strangely like Play-Doh - or blue Plasticine. BTW - the 510 is 1/55.

Dear photonrider, mind if I ask what build is that Red Bull F1 car mate?

Hello, my dear InvincibleM5 - well, I see you have your answer now, (thanks, AOS- , for filling in!) but I'm sorry to hear that the Majorettes are not in your area yet. All is not lost, though. In fact every time I see a whole slew of cars hanging on the pegs - and they're cars that everybody seems to be looking for - I am so tempted to swipe them all for you guys. Trading can be done. Guess that is part of what this thread is about - though trading is specific to the trading threads (which we could also use) a quick PM can solve the problem of acquiring the ones you cannot get in your area.
And, then, of course, you have eBay. . ., et al.
I'll keep an eye out anyway, for extras. Holler, if you can't get your paws on one.

AOS- the Megane I have has no glass on side and rear windows.
As for the jelly . . . yup, a wee bit; here you go . . ..

a6m5 - I like that pic, too! I think you get what I'm trying to do with photons.

You guys already got ZL1s and Aventadors??

Also, I got tired of waiting so I had a muffin instead. *throws jelly in your face* *throws your jelly at Cano's face*

Oh poop I only noticed it now. For those who have the Majorette Megane, does your car have side and rear windows?

Photonrider's one doesn't. I just had a look.

Mornin', men. I'm about to have a peanut butter sandwich, but I'm going to need some jelly if you know what I mean.

Single photos here

That Renault Megane, ASTON MARTIN DBS!!!!! BMW M3 GTR, are just epic!!

Yessssss! Finally. I get the Generalissimo's 'Screw You' medal of Honour! Yeahh!! A Military Cross with Purple Heart next. Cano - strangely enough my ACADIANE also seems to have transported mysterious lumps that look strangely like Play-Doh - or blue Plasticine. BTW - the 510 is 1/55.

haha, a "screw you" by me is like a medal in this thread? I like that lol. Does your Accadiane has both rear doors?

Also, I got tired of waiting so I had a muffin instead. *throws jelly in your face* *throws your jelly at Cano's face*

We got the ZL1 but still no Aventador. Also screw you at the Majorette Megane because we won't get it over here. Wal Mart brought Majorettes basic line two years ago as the replacement for the high-priced Jadas they introduced here as a HW alternate die-cast line. But they also dropped the Majos (and the Motormaxes next) to now have an incredibly cheap line of no-brand die cast cars made in China. Stupid store.

I'll have to look for the Megane at least in E-Bay. It looks pretty awesome.

EDIT: Screw you for the jelly also, but yummi.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about this:
AAGGGHHHH GO TO HELLLLLLLL
fuuuu.png

Thanks, bro. I appreciate the compliment. :P

Reading this thread got me thinking about some of the toys that I had during the 80's when I was a kid. I know for sure that lots of the stuff is still in my parents attic. I had lots of Star Wars and Action force figures and space ships etc. And I can diffidently remember having one of these, Hot Wheels Service Center.
collectible-30493.jpg

My dad informs me that it is there with a couple of bags of toy cars. He is in the process of gathering them together so we can have a look to see what there is.
Even if there was something valuable in there they would not be for sale, as they could never be as valuable as the hours and hours of fun play and enjoyment that I had out of them when I was a child.
It will be fun being able to look at these items as it will of been over 20 years since I would of last seen them, I wonder what there is.
There is also one of these in there, a Matchbox black and orange tiger striped Pontiac Trans Am
4698.JPG

4698e.JPG

which was a Kelloggs Frosties promo toy I think. It was one of my most prized vehicles, and always had offers to swap it, but I never did.
Great memories. Sorry if this post went off topic, but once I had started to think about it the memories came flooding back.
P.S. There was also one of these a Ford Mustang Piston Popper.
2608.JPG

Last edited:
Anybody have those demolition derby cars JL has released? I've been looking for them, but only 1 store around here I know of sells JL cars.

Anybody have those demolition derby cars JL has released? I've been looking for them, but only 1 store around here I know of sells JL cars.

A friend of mine got one in the club's get together last weekend, a big Monaco 4 door with no glass. Awesome car.

And no, I don't feel better by looking at cats, I want to rip it's heart off. But I've found some other auctions that ought to make me feel better, considering I can dump there the $150 I tried to dump at the Vintage Racing cars to no avail.

AOS-

But I don't :(

I'm looking out for the ZL1s, 911 GT2, M3 GT2, and a few others.

But AOS, I got one car you'll be jelly of..

Treasure Hunt 2011 Datsun 240Z :mischievous:.

Reading this thread got me thinking about some of the toys that I had during the 80's when I was a kid. I know for sure that lots of the stuff is still in my parents attic. I had lots of Star Wars and Action force figures and space ships etc. And I can diffidently remember having one of these, Hot Wheels Service Center.
collectible-30493.jpg

MAJOR WANT. :drool:

DW! How are those banana sprouts, man? Hee hee . . . have seen your home (only from the outside) but now I know what's in the basement. You lucky guy . . . all that storage?
I like the coat hanger idea, too. I store mine in a different way - again, pics soon, when the opportunity comes.

Pulled up my babies to winter in basement with elephant ears. Left the parent plants in ground as an experiment...not like they aren't easily replaced if something goes awry. Oh and my canna bulbs & mexican petunias are wintering. I keep waiting for frosty but st louis is having record warm winter. We've been in the 60s for over a week!

Last edited:
collectible-30493.jpg

I had one of those!

Stopped at Toys R Us and Target on the way home last night. Still nothing. :grumpy:

Oh, people like the riviera? I kind of like it, but Cano expressed his dislike of it if I remember correctly.

In reality he's probably very jelly. :P

haha, a "screw you" by me is like a medal in this thread? I like that lolQUOTE]

A "screw you" from you Cano is indeed like getting a medal. He are my latest cars, hopefully I get another medal from Cano

P2050103 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Got these on a trip to K-Mart a 2011 OCC Splitback Treasure Hunt, a orange 2011 premiere Charger, a Estoque and a 2011 premiere Mini Challenge

P2050104 by commodoreben, on Flickr
These came from the grocery store a Boss Hoss Motorcycle, Swat Truck, Morgan Aeromax, Swat Rig this is exactly the same as the Swat Truck except for the paint, Ford Police Interceptor and a Fisker Karma EVer

These cars came from work

P2050105 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Some unlicenced race cars and a Happy Meals Indy Car

P2050106 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A London Bus, American School Bus, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Trans Am, Z28 Camaro and a F50

P2050107 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Some road cars and a tractor my favorite in this pic is the Volvo on the bottom right

P2050108 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Model A Pickup from the National Motor Museum Mint, A Welly Mini, a S2000 not sure who made it, A Hongwell Mercedes G Wagon Fire Brigade, A Hongwell Porsche 356 and a Toyota MR-2

P2050109 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Lighting McQueen, Brum, A couple of Australian HSV's and a Speed Racer Car

P2050110 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Some Fire Department cars, a Volkswagen Beetle and a Plane that looks like it could be Matchbox but I can't see any markings got these Greenlight's today from the local Markets

P2050112 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A 1980 Trans AM from Smokey and the Bandit 2 and a Chicago Police Dodge Monaco from the Blues Brothers I should have some more Greenlights to show you towards the end of the week

Another Small Hotwheels Haul

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

I tried to come up with a reason not to buy the Beetle...but couldnt.
IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

Case #11

I'm quite pedantic when it comes to the colors of cars next to one another (which I've stated several times) and because of this I usually have to buy 100-150 cars to find 48 I like in particular. For this reason, I buy every dairy delivery and good humor truck thats white I can found. :dopey:

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

Back