1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Driving Park
Wow, you guys are really bringing in the moolah! Can't say I can do the same, but I did make an excellent supermarket haul last weekend:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8213/photo00001z.jpg
Ferrari 458 (my 6th one?), white Ken Block Fiesta, and another color variation on the Pennzoil Grand National.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/59/photo00002yw.jpg
Ford Mustang, Camaro ZL1, Ferrari FF.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/8317/photo00003c.jpg
This is the cream of the crop right here, that orange/black Lamborghini Reventon, and the new RX-7. I believe I can claim to be the first in this thread to grab one. (Hopefully? :( :dopey: )

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6154/photo00004a.jpg
Police Camaro and white/blue version of the Ford Falcon touring car.

20,000 apologies for the terrible photo quality, but the only camera I have here at college is my computer's webcam. :indiff:

And don't worry Cano, I will uncard them as with the rest of my collection. I just have to wait until I get home for spring break/summer to do so, as I don't want a whole bunch of loose cars lying around here at college, waiting to be damaged.

Nice cars man, real nice. But dat Ford Falcon :drool:, I want!!! :drool:👍

R1600Turbo
They come in these bags now:

That's great, I never collect the older packages because of the blister packs were that black plastic, so I'll take a look at these.

By the way Turbo, do they have a blister pack inside the bag or is the car loose inside? And do they still cost $.99?

diabolicwyvern
Lesson #1

No shouting in the classroom. :lol:

*Quietly sits back down and ducks under desk.* :lol:

@Cano: Your recent collection makes me want to say this..........

I GOTTA HAVE THEM!!! :drool: :eek:

I can't wait to see the rest, but please have mercy! :bowdown:

Anywho, here's some new cars today from the store:

'70 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

Ford GT LM race car

Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R (another one to hang under one of my Super Street S15 posters.)

Got some more cars that I got from work to show you guys

P2060103 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Hungry Jack's (Burger King) Mystery Machine Kids Meal Toy, a Cement Truck, a pair of Teama Toys Scania Trucks, a Dump Truck and Boost from the Cars movie

P2060104 by commodoreben, on Flickr
All these cars have no manufacters marked on them there is a Volkswagen Beetle that comes in the tin its sitting on, H1 Hummer, Volkswagen Van, Jaguar XJS, Honda NSX, Ferrari F40 and a Nissan 300ZX the castings on these arent very good

P2060105 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Micro Machine's sized Roadchamps Semi, A Realtoy Ford Explorer, A Johnny Lightning Thunder Patrol there is a blue light that flicks on and off behind the rear wheels when you spin them, a Welly Hyundai i30, A Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale these were sold at Shell Service Stations in Australia dont know if they were sold anywhere else and a ZJ-8 Guided Missile Destroyer I dont normally buy ships but when I saw this one I couldnt help it

P2060106 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Ford Transit dont know who made it but its quality seems good and a couple of extremely rough Playarts, I didnt have any playarts so when I saw these I had to get them despite how bad they are

P2060107 by commodoreben, on Flickr
All these cars are Corgi Juniors there is a Commando V100, Rough Terrain Truck, Chevy Van, Leyland Terrier, Daimler Fleetline this bus actually has decals of people printed in the windows, Surer Loadmaster SL3000 missing its bucket, Mercedes 2400, Porsche Carrera and a Volvo P1800 that also has Whizwheels marked on the bottom of it. Im going to start posting some pics in the Model Thread aswell

@Cano - have not looked at all pictures but wanted to answer the two questions I saw so far. Mustang without tampo is I believe the cars first run. I have one on cut card for sure and at least one loose I can post. The chevy is a super california custom.

UPDATE: I was right. (was there any doubt?? :lol:)

Rummaged around the basement and found my 'evidence.'

1984 '65 Mustang convertible with (2) 1991 Mustang convertibles
IMG_0237.jpg

(3) Other Super California Customs
IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Last edited:
@commodoreben
That's insane. Someone actually had the guts to make a Kubelwagen (Or whatever that is) with a Swastika on it. From what I know the Nazis were and are hated by the whole world. Could this possibly have been made in Nazi Germany? /speculation

That's great, I never collect the older packages because of the blister packs were that black plastic, so I'll take a look at these.

By the way Turbo, do they have a blister pack inside the bag or is the car loose inside? And do they still cost $.99?

They're just loose inside. Comes with a mini-poster too.

Cars in my area are $1.07 now, so that's what they cost as well.

Notice the original, 60s (maybe 50s) Lesneys, the horse-bus (yes, incomplete and tattered, but it's there), the orange cement truck, the steam roller and the Land Rover 6-axle fire truck.
IMG_62461.jpg

Horse-drawn Bus - Models of Yesteryear #12-A - 1959
Concrete Truck - Regular wheels #26-B - 1961
Road Roller - Regular wheels #01-D - 1962*
Crash Tender - Regular wheels #63-B - 1964

*Based on the size and colour I believe this has red plastic rollers. If the rollers are actually metal then you have an earlier version and I'd need to know more to identify it.

Got some more cars that I got from work to show you guys

Nissan 300ZX the castings on these arent very good

A Ford Transit dont know who made it but its quality seems good

The 300ZX is a chinese Yatming rip-off, I have it as well; the Transit is a Zee/Zylmex, and is indeed very well achieved. I've chased that one for years to no avail.

@Cano - have not looked at all pictures but wanted to answer the two questions I saw so far. Mustang without taboo is I believe the cars first run. I have one on cut card for sure and at least one loose I can post. The chevy is a super california custom.

Nice, thanks bud, I knew you could help me out on that. I had never seen the China version of the Mustang you posted either; As for the Super Cal Customs, I also have the weird hot rod, but in iridiscent pink, I didn't know the blue one.

@commodoreben
That's insane. Someone actually had the guts to make a Kubelwagen (Or whatever that is) with a Swastika on it. From what I know the Nazis were and are hated by the whole world. Could this possibly have been made in Nazi Germany? /speculation

It's from the late 70s or early 80s, I have a mint one. There was also a Scwimmwagen, also with a swastika.

Horse-drawn Bus - Models of Yesteryear #12-A - 1959
Concrete Truck - Regular wheels #26-B - 1961
Road Roller - Regular wheels #01-D - 1962*
Crash Tender - Regular wheels #63-B - 1964

*Based on the size and colour I believe this has red plastic rollers. If the rollers are actually metal then you have an earlier version and I'd need to know more to identify it.

Thanks, I had been wanting to dig a bit about those, but had forgotten lol. The Road Roller has indeed plastic rollers. I found another early Models of Yesteryear that I'll show you today.

Missing the yellow shadow jet, the 323 and the black porsche. I've had one in my hands at the flea market before and didnt buy it. Mistake![/B]

Indeed, I had never seen one until now.Weird of you to actually put down such a car haha. In also came a purple one with 5 spokes that I had never seen either. This casting isn't one I particularly like, but it seems as if I collected it, I have a lot of variations of this thing!

Thanks all for the comments and help; in a few hours my dad will give me back my camera and I'll be able to show you the local stuff.

Indeed, I had never seen one until now.Weird of you to actually put down such a car haha. In also came a purple one with 5 spokes that I had never seen either. This casting isn't one I particularly like, but it seems as if I collected it, I have a lot of variations of this thing!

Thanks all for the comments and help; in a few hours my dad will give me back my camera and I'll be able to show you the local stuff.

A purple 5sp?? Can you post a picture?? I actually love the Shadow Jet. The two I want more than the yellow Speed Fleet one are the Getty promo and the Pink Hot wheels video version. Actually now that I think about it...the Pink shadow jet is probably in my top ten most sought after. I could buy it on eBay still attached to the video, but I'd rather hunt it out. Sometime in the near future I'll compose my 'Must Find' and post it. Then I'll sit back and be jelly when someone posts something off it here. :)

Shadow_Jet_Pnk.JPG

A purple 5sp?? Can you post a picture??

Dude, it's in this very bunch, in the Olds TH picture:

IMG_62431.jpg

I actually love the Shadow Jet. The two I want more than the yellow Speed Fleet one are the Getty promo and the Pink Hot wheels video version. Actually now that I think about it...the Pink shadow jet is probably in my top ten most sought after. I could buy it on eBay still attached to the video, but I'd rather hunt it out. Sometime in the near future I'll compose my 'Must Find' and post it. Then I'll sit back and be jelly when someone posts something off it here. :)

Shadow_Jet_Pnk.JPG

MWAHAHA!!

IMG_3173.jpg

NOOOO!!!!!!

(I thought you had a purple Shadow Jet with 5sp and I was prepared to call shenanigans. They only came with BWs)

I was at Walmart and an Antique Mall this afternoon. I will load up pics after Cano uploads more pics tonight :sly: Think of it as motivation! After a couple hours I came back with a nice Haul including a Hot wheels Hauler in package. In researching it, I came across a few '57 Chevys I needed to track down.

57chevy_65867a.jpg

57chevy_65715.jpg

68993.jpg

Last edited:
Those are the ones that came with the big trucks/rigs and stuff? never seen one loose... or maybe I did but since they're so simplistic I didn't pay any attention to them lol.

EDIT: Yeah, I remember now. Well, pretty unique then.

And also, stop dissing my 6-year-old self, got dammit! I still do burnouts with these things! Like doing stuff with my hand as if it was the smoke.

Those are the ones that came with the big trucks/rigs and stuff? never seen one loose... or maybe I did but since they're so simplistic I didn't pay any attention to them lol.

EDIT: Yeah, I remember now. Well, pretty unique then.

And also, stop dissing my 6-year-old self, got dammit! I still do burnouts with these things! Like doing stuff with my hand as if it was the smoke.

Simplistic >>>>> 👍

I'm only a fan of tampos and livery on models of purpose built race cars.

Did you see the porsche....

Simplistic >>>>> 👍

I'm only a fan of tampos and livery on models of purpose built race cars.

Did you see the porsche....

Yeah, I like simplistic myself too, but these don't even have the Bel Air trim nor anything else, just one color, haha.

And yes I did see the Porsche, the "pretty unique" was directed towards that car.

I wish I had the ability to customize. Alas all I have is knowledge and the ability to research.

It's pretty simple dude, all you really need are some basic handtools to open the car and start goofing with it, and some paint to do some detailing.

Heck, you could even go to the very easy ones and try and get some cars that come "opened" from the factory, like the Mini. Mattel did the hard part, popping the car open! All you have to do now is add some detailing, your choice of wheels, or dip it in paint remover and refinish it if you like! You can also add tons of detailing to the chassis and interior of that one, it's great starter car for some basic customizing.

Or simply get a hand drill and a 1/8 drill bit and start opening cars like mad. Once you start, there's no stopping, I tell you.

Cano's mega post. :lol: I think I read about future Kenmeri project with Bosozoku finish? I look forward to that. That should be pretty awesome! 👍
Found my first T-Hunt (from a store) today! & it's a Studebaker!

I honestly didn't know that Avanti was a Studebaker. Nice! 👍
I threw the bag away, but there's a few. I've only tried the touchy feely thing twice and walked away with a Charger and the Challenger. You have to think of a distinct feature the car has and feel for it. (like the shaker hood)

I like the bags better than the blacked out blisters where you couldn't do anything. I know the last blisters they put a hole in the back which was easy to guess the car based on color, but these are better.
I already feel pretty weird looking at Hot Wheels as a grown adult, but looks like I'm gonna be turning it up a notch. :sly:

I was going to wait for Cano, but I feel the urge to play Little Big Planet.
If anyone hasnt played...once you start, you're basically guaranteed to be there for hours!

Small Antique Mall Haul

Nothing to write home about really. I ended up digging through 100s of cars in a bin and nabbed the good ones. I am happy to have my third London Taxi and the Canadian release Mercedes SL. Gotta love those international GOLD7SPs!

IMG_0244-1.jpg

These are the best of the bunch. I'm a sucker for the Lumina Van!
IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

The Pavement Pounder referenced earlier.
IMG_0249.jpg

The exclusive Mazda MX5 Miata.
IMG_0250-1.jpg

And finally...A Summer Pull Back. This was an impulse. For $1 I couldnt turn away. The casting is surprisingly well done.
IMG_0252.jpg

Walmart Finds

IMG_0266-1.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

And Finally a bargin. I would have been happy paying $2.50/piece, but then they rang up for $1.70. :)
IMG_0259.jpg

Last edited:
Back