1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser 1971 (Matchbox)

Hey, I got the same car with "For Sale" sign in the front. I like your wood-on-the-side though, I don't think mine had that.
This is a Matchbox Range Rover Sport, I think. We used it for an ad, this one and the FJ40 I posted yesterday, and a station wagon I'll post tomorrow if I remember

I want to see the ad!

100_3062.jpg

The dogs have to be modded. Dalmation for the Fire Chief.

Anyone got a spare mongoose?

100_7062.jpg

Last edited:
^ Damn that Datsun 510 is 🤬 sweet. :drool:👍

Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser 1971 (Matchbox)

I swear looking at that top down shot, it really does look like there is a corpse in the back. :lol:

Last edited:

THAT YATMING CHEVETTE!!! AND THE MAJORETTE CITROEN ACCADIANE!!!

Whoa, who makes these? I had never seen those.

EDIT: I found out. Maisto. Are they bigger than an average Hot Wheels car? If so, how much? Can I have a comparison picture?

AS a side note, I'm right now editing the pictures of the stuff I've grabbed since I last posted some months ago. But it's taking a while.

Last edited:
Stopped at Wal-Mart tonight for some stuff. Checked the Hotwheels and.....nothing as usual. Actually the whole diecast section needs stocked really badly. Getting pretty tired of the Wal-Marts around here having 🤬 for cars lately. 👎

R1600Turbo
Stopped at Wal-Mart tonight for some stuff. Checked the Hotwheels and.....nothing as usual. Actually the whole diecast section needs stocked really badly. Getting pretty tired of the Wal-Marts around here having 🤬 for cars lately. 👎

That's a first world problem if I've ever seen one :lol: Not as bad as this though:

Anyway, my walmart seems to be running low on cars too. I don't know why...

That's a first world problem if I've ever seen one :lol: Not as bad as this though:

Anyway, my walmart seems to be running low on cars too. I don't know why...

Gah, I hope that kid got stranded for 17 more hours after his iPod died.

LOL! Canooooooo!!! Haha, I can never slip anything past you - wondered if you would notice the Yatming. The Arcadienne is ancient - another one of my treasures from days gone way by.

Lots of interesting discussions in here - wow - yeah, I would not call myself a compleatist, either, though I do collect - everything from good memories to dust bunnies. Somewhere in there are my other collections (mentioned in the "Do you collect?" thread)

Packaging? If you had the kind of retail experience I have you'll know that almost any package can be fixed, good as new, in the 'backroom' - where we have all our fancy little shrinkwrap, and heatseal machines; unless CSI dusts for fingerprints, no one's the wiser.
The new Majorette cases are user-friendly. Open 'em, play with the toys, put 'em back, hang them up on the wall. Pictures later.

BEN!!! Heads up! The Yatming (or Yat Ming) question? The number on the base can only refer to Johnny Lightning or Yatming. Yatming also stamped the base with the words 'yatming' on some of its vehicles - in the same way that Mattel stamps the MB and HW bases. Yatming also had a strange upraised tread on its tires - as if to fit on a track. I find MB and Majorette do that, too.

As for the quality/proportions comparison thing - I'll have some pics up soon.

Aos - yes, get more. Sacrifice your lunch money, the Majorettes will last longer! Plus, yaaaay! You can bury, burn and smash them with a mallet to your heart's content!

DW! How are those banana sprouts, man? Hee hee . . . have seen your home (only from the outside) but now I know what's in the basement. You lucky guy . . . all that storage?
I like the coat hanger idea, too. I store mine in a different way - again, pics soon, when the opportunity comes.

LOL! Canooooooo!!! Haha, I can never slip anything past you - wondered if you would notice the Yatming. The Arcadienne is ancient - another one of my treasures from days gone way by.

Yes, I'm still missing the damned Chevette. Have chased it for years to no avail. On that line, screw you. I have the Accadiane, but it's stated for restoration, complete but plenty beat up, and the interior is FULL of clay -_-.

Thanks, a6m5. Always a pleasure to read you.:)

:)

I like this shot. :drool:👍
^ Damn that Datsun 510 is 🤬 sweet. :drool:👍
Totally. I usually don't care for that "deformed" look, but take a 510, classic racer scheme, without a doubt, I'd buy it. :lol:
Haven't hit the Walmarts in sometime, but I stopped by the Toys R Us on the way home today. They've also been poorly stocked lately, so I was hoping I might get lucky...... but not quite. :lol: I did find these two:

dscn1208l.jpg

I finally found the white GT2. Camaro IROC-Z's my childhood favorite. One of my dream cars as a kid was a Camaro exactly like this guy right here(It's the right color!). It has the retarded giant rear wheels, but I didn't care it's so awesome. :lol:

This one, I found in the next aisle over:

dscn1206x.jpg

Eight bucks for two Greenlight models. What can I say.... I can't get enough of Cudas & Challengers. :P

dscn1210q.jpg

Great amount of details.

:)

This one, I found in the next aisle over:

dscn1206x.jpg

Eight bucks for two Greenlight models. What can I say.... I can't get enough of Cudas & Challengers. :P

dscn1210q.jpg

Great amount of details.

AAGGGHHHH GO TO HELLLLLLLL
fuuuu.png

WHITE GT2???!!!! 🤬

But in anycase: I took advantage of today's plans and went out to different stores down in Toronto, 2 Toys R Us and a Walmart Supercenter (was hoping to go to a 2nd but it was getting late)... and by god, do these stores have SO MUCH BETTER STUFF than Sauga....
I found countless red 911 GT2s, Ken Block Fiestas, Reventons, red Datsuns, One-77s, white Gallardos, and a whole bunch of other ones that appear once in a blue moon over here.

In any case, I picked up some good stuff, like a red S2000, TWO orange Aventadors (so I can make someone really jelly), a ZL1 and M3 GT2 (there were a lot of these too), an Estoque, a gold DeLorean (gotta be special, right?), DBS, and a Ferrari California and FF... oh and some more Maj's.

You know how some stores dump a bunch of HWs into a rack and let you dig through it? A little patience and guts to not look like a weirdo can take you pretty far; there was 2 Californias and that one FF at the very bottom of the pile. I being a responsible shopper cleaned up after myself :) kudos to me.

Though I'm not photonrider, it's by Majorette.
They're super common if your local stores carry any Majorettes.

Havent posted anything for a while, been caught up with the local guys here in SA- check out this http://hotwheelsclubza.freeforums.org if you guys wanna see whats cooking on our side of the world. I've noticed that hot wheels have a Valentines 5 pack thats out in the states with 2011 and 2012 models making up the assortment - anubody pick up any yet? I noticed that the 2012 red datsun is one of the cars that are in the sets... Also, AOS, i see that you scored with your little outing - all the 2012 cars that you got - were thay also at the other store you checked out? Why I'm asking is, this seems like the 2nd wave of 2012s and I just wanna have a heads up before they hit SA so i know what to look out for.

Though I'm not photonrider, it's by Majorette.
They're super common if your local stores carry any Majorettes.

Thanks for answering mate. Thing is, Majorettes are pretty rare here and in my collection I only have 1 Majorette :lol:

But thanks though mate, I know where to get the rare thing, if they still sell this thing :)

Oh poop I only noticed it now. For those who have the Majorette Megane, does your car have side and rear windows?

Mornin', men. I'm about to have a peanut butter sandwich, but I'm going to need some jelly if you know what I mean.

hw23.jpg

I have all of those except that one, and that one...and that one, that one, that one, that one............. :scared:

Nice grabs! Can't say I've got much jelly for you though :P

Back