1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
No.
That's an assumption that followed a built-in presumption.
However - if that's your point; subsidiaries don't compete fiercely with each other - it's misinformed.

I would take an Alfa Romeo any day over a Lancia or Maserati - though you may tell me they're all the same because they're all made 'by the same people'.

You're not seeing it they way I do.

And what's with the attitude? :crazy:

^ umm, they're rare? :dopey:

Seriously? I think I have a few in the loft.

Most of my small diecast cars I have from when I was a kid are like in mint condition, I guess I was a very careful when playing :lol:

Tom Servo

I love those clear cars, so detailed, would be cool if they did non fantasy castings in that style.

I have a Ford GT, a collection of Mustangs and Shelbys, an old Challenger R/T, a Coronet, a very high quality 69 Camaro, a Nova, Chevelle, some other Chevys, a Gallardo Superleggera, VW BEETLE, an Opel Speedster, a Porsche 911 Turbo, and a Prius... I also have some big cars, a Shelby GT500KR, an Audi R8 with a V8 and V10 details, a Murcielago Spyder, a Challenger SRT8, and an old 40s Dodge truck.

Well I think it's awesome in that it's different in your collection, but as something to stare at for pretty features, no.

screw.

You.

:D:D:D

I've been racking my brains trying to remember what they were (the cars i got from Malta)... but haven't had much success so-far, i did have a little search on e-bay (in hope of identifying them) and found 2 that i do remember getting from Malta.. Renault 15 TL and a Alfa Romeo GT 1300, the funny thing is... the thing that brings back most of the memories, are the boxes they came in (1/64 scale 1's)... landscape pic of the real car covering the whole of the box,

I also remember receiving a Polistil 1/43 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT.. or it could have been an Alfa Romeo GTV, as a gift (not from Malta), it had a red body with chrome detail (grill & wheels),beige interior.. opening doors and flip down front seats, also had a red Solido Alfa Sud (1/43) in my collection around the same time, thought they looked pretty good together, though i do remember the Polistil being ever-so slightly smaller in scale compared to the Solido.

PS, have you guys seen the new HW BMW GT2 in black? it looks real good... think i prefer it to the original white version.

[EDIT], The polistil was definitely an Alfetta GT, not a GTV... just found a pic of it on google images.

Last edited:
Vintage Stock Part II

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Another Kar Keepers Exclusive!
IMG_0206.jpg

Its not a brand I am at all familiar, but c'mon...it's a Fiero GT!
IMG_0214.jpg

======================================================

Unrelated to those purchases, I just bought a new console table for the flat panel and discovered that the box the legs came in was just the right depth for hotwheels. Pulled together a few shoe boxes of cars and the result was quite nice.

IMG_0216.jpg

Last edited:
:D:D:D

I've been racking my brains trying to remember what they were (the cars i got from Malta)... but haven't had much success so-far, i did have a little search on e-bay (in hope of identifying them) and found 2 that i do remember getting from Malta.. Renault 15 TL and a Alfa Romeo GT 1300, the funny thing is... the thing that brings back most of the memories, are the boxes they came in (1/64 scale 1's)... landscape pic of the real car covering the whole of the box,

I also remember receiving a Polistil 1/43 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT.. or it could have been an Alfa Romeo GTV, as a gift (not from Malta), it had a red body with chrome detail (grill & wheels),beige interior.. opening doors and flip down front seats, also had a red Solido Alfa Sud (1/43) in my collection around the same time, thought they looked pretty good together, though i do remember the Polistil being ever-so slightly smaller in scale compared to the Solido.

PS, have you guys seen the new HW BMW GT2 in black? it looks real good... think i prefer it to the original white version.

[EDIT], The polistil was definitely an Alfetta GT, not a GTV... just found a pic of it on google images.

Dude, post pics at least!

I only have ONE 1:64 Polistil car in my collection, a Shadow F1 car, which is awesome. I don't think they were ever sold here officially. The 1:43 cars were indeed sold in here and even made in here by McGregor toys undel Politoys licensing. Made in Mexico cars had awful quality but are smashing collector items today just because of their freak value. They are very difficult to find in good condition precisely because of their quality issues.

Vintage Stock Part II

WTF PART II :0

That Shock Factor is worht that just because of it's wheels! Nice grabs. Also, on you boxed cars picture, there is one that I don't recognize t all. It's the silver over black thing that is just under the Cal Customs ragtop Corvette. What is dat?

Unrelated to the above, yesterday was the 1st bimonthly HW Mexico Club get together. I sold cars like mad and grabbed a few for myself. Also grabbed two resto projects AND the rivvets for your cars, Wyvern. Now I can close them shut already. Will soon post pics. Yah, I know I've been promising pics for a month now, but I was waiting precisely for the reunion.

^ Sorry Cano... i thought this was just a thread for me to reminisce in :D , i just wish i still had them.

That car underneath the Cal customs ragtop Corvette, i think it's a 2005 Aeroflash from the shiners chrome pack, have that pack myself somewhere,

Can't wait for the incoming pics you're gonna treat us with, PS.. any chance you have a pic of that Shadow F1?, or is it already posted but buried in the thread?

PS wyvern, that JL Camaro looks sweet... wish we had them over here.

carrillos036small.jpg

It's the black one with Uop livery, aside the yellow 35 Ford. However, when I take the pics I need to take, I'll grab some for you. I have it in my shelf obviously, it bein' the only Poli I have.

Cheers Cano, looks sweet... can't wait for more views, the other F1's (McLaren, Lotus) look pretty damn good too!... what make are they?

And is that a Chaparral below the other Chaparral? again, if so what make?

All the other F1 cars are Tomica, both Chaparrals are Hot Wheels. The Tomicas are hard to find and sometimes expensive, the HWs are pretty recent, the older one might have about 12 years, and are still pretty easy and cheap to obtain.

Cheers 👍
I've never had the pleasure of owning any Tomica's, but they look real good.. i'm very jelly.

[EDIT]

Actually Cano just thought i'd bring this to your attention, basically stumbled across a collectors blog last week with regards to 1/64, F1 cars, apparently the guy found some Kyosho Ferrari collection (think it was a collection of 8 cars from different years), from a store called Wilkinsons (don't know whether you have them in your part of the world), anyway he claimed to have paid about £15 for the set, unfortunately.. i forgot to bookmark the blog, so can't find the actual pics.. but i will do my best to find the link when i find a bit more time, in the meantime.. here's a pic i nabbed from someone else's blog of 1 of the cars that were in the other guys collection.

Last edited:
AOS Y U NO YATSMING EXPERT?
:sly:
I unno I'm just a collector
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn326/Bodecito/cochesitos/carrillos036small.jpg
It's the black one with Uop livery, aside the yellow 35 Ford. However, when I take the pics I need to take, I'll grab some for you. I have it in my shelf obviously, it bein' the only Poli I have.
I have that white "66" car on the bottom left. Never knew what car it was though.

Also, I saw those rebranded Majorettes for the first time and I just HAD to buy it. Sister always kept telling me to stop. :lol:

Remind me to never walk into Toys R Us with my sister ever again, making me feeling guilty and crud.

Cheers Cano, looks sweet... can't wait for more views, the other F1's (McLaren, Lotus) look pretty damn good too!... what make are they?

Dah, I took the pics and forgot to take them F1s. Don't worry, I just went and got them off the shelf, I'll put them someplace else ans will remember to photograph them when I see them out of place tomorrow :dopey: 'sides, they need a good clean.

Actually Cano just thought i'd bring this to your attention, basically stumbled across a collectors blog last week with regards to 1/64, F1 cars, apparently the guy found some Kyosho Ferrari collection (think it was a collection of 8 cars from different years), from a store called Wilkinsons (don't know whether you have them in your part of the world), anyway he claimed to have paid about £15 for the set, unfortunately.. i forgot to bookmark the blog, so can't find the actual pics.. but i will do my best to find the link when i find a bit more time

Got damn 15 pounds for a Kyosho set is a FREAKING STEAL. I've seen some of those over the net, they are amazing. Heck, everything Kyosho does is plain amazing.

Those are some amazing cars you got diabolicwyvern my favorite is the JL Camaro. Here are some pics of some of my Australian cars. First are some cars made by a company called Classic Carlectables

P1300103 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A pair of Holden Racing Team Commodore's from 2000 Driven by Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife, A 2000 Wynn's Racing Holden Commodore Driven by Greg Murphy, 2000 Castrol Racing Holden Commodore Driven by Russel Ingall, A 2002 Havoline Motor Oils SBR Ford Falcon, A 1999 John Deere Motorsports Holden Commodore Driven by Mark Poole, A 2000 Havoline Caltex Racing SBR Ford Falcon Driven by Tony Longhurst and not really an Australian car but it was built here Victor Bray's 1957 Chevrolet Doorslammer that set the World Record for the quarter mile in it class in 1996 at 6.29sec at 225mph now some cars from a company called Biante this is their Minicars Series

P1300104 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A pair of 2003 Holden Racing Team Commodores driven by Mark Skaife and Todd Kelly, A 1977 Bill Paterson Racing Holden LX Torana A9X driven by Peter Brock and his brother Phil, A 1978 Hardie Ferodo Bathurst 1000 Winning HDT Holden LX Torana A9X Driven by Peter Brock and Jim Richards this car had Marlboro sponsership when it was raced but due to Australian laws preventing cigarette advertising the models are'nt allowed to have the Marlboro livery, A 2004 Paul Weel Racing Holden VY Commodore driven by Paul Weel (This car has been signed by the driver) and a 1979 Australian Touring Car Championship Winning Holden LX Torana A9X driven by Bob Morris

P1300105 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A 1972 Bathurst Winning HDT Holden LJ Torana XU-1 driven by Peter Brock (Peter Brock went on to win 9 Bathusrt 1000 races the most anyone has won), The other HDT Torana from the 1972 Bathurst 1000 driven by Colin Bond, A 2002 Targa Tasmainia Holden Monaro CV8 driven by Peter Brock and his son James, A 2001 Targa Tasmainia Holden VU SS Commodore Ute driven by Peter Brock and his son James, A 2004 Holden Young Lions VX Commodore driven by Alan Gurr, A 2004 Donut King Stunt Riders Holden VY Commodore Ute driven by Matt Mingay and now some Biante road cars

P1300106 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A pair of HSV GTO Coupes, A HDT Holden VK Commodore Group A and a Holden HT Monaro GTS350 and now some more race cars made by Classic Carlectables and a Matchbox is in there aswell

P1300107 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Castrol Racing Holden VR Commodore driven by Larry Perkins and made by Matchbox, A 2003 Castrol Racing Holden Commodore driven by Larry Perkins, A pair of 1999 HRT Holden Commodores driven by Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife, A 1999 Valvoline Holden Commodore Driven by Garth Tander, A 2001 Cat Racing Ford Falcon driven by John Bowe, A Holden VY Commodore that was released for the 2006 Australian Diecast Collectors Convention limited to 1000 pieces, the other 1999 Valvoline Commodore driven by Jason Bargwanna and a pair of 2005 Team Perkins Racing Holden VY Commodore's driven by Paul Bumbrell and Steven Richards

Those are some amazing cars you got diabolicwyvern my favorite is the JL Camaro. Here are some pics of some of my Australian cars. First are some cars made by a company called Classic Carlectables

P1300104 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A 1977 Bill Paterson Racing Holden LX Torana A9X driven by Peter Brock and his brother Phil, A 1978 Hardie Ferodo Bathurst 1000 Winning HDT Holden LX Torana A9X Driven by Peter Brock and Jim Richards.

Ben, can I call you ben...look ben...

There are two types of people in the world...those who have a model Torana and those who don't. Help me become a 'have' this instant! Are they metal body/metal base? I must have one. :( :( :(

Btw...anyone have this blue card Holden? Its my next must find car.

9713.jpg

Last edited:
Ben, can I call you ben...look ben...

There are two types of people in the world...those who have a model Torana and those who don't. Help me become a 'have' this instant! Are they metal body/metal base? I must have one. :( :( :(

You can call me Ben. Not sure about the bases on those Torana's has i have never taken one out of its box. I think they would be metal though. You can find them pretty easy on ebay, Im not sure how easy they would be to find in the states though as they are an Australian only car. The regular Torana's shouldnt be too much to buy although if you wanted a Peter Brock Torana it could cost you a little more.

Those are amazing Ben!!!! I really, REALLY like the street version of the GTS350 in blue, that looks awesome. Are those 1:43s, or 1:64s?

either way amazing collection, you aussies are really fans of your own turf!

I need these Holdens! I checked eBay and in the scale shown above the least I could find one for (with overseas shipping) was nearly $30. I really enjoy seeing cars posted that were new to me!

Latest Posts

Back