1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I have a bunch. To name a few:

Cadillac
Johnny Lightning V-16 Roadster
Jada '53 Series 63
Matchbox '55 Fleetwood
2 Jada '59 Eldorados
Jada '02 Escalade EXT
Hot Wheels '09 CTS-V Sedan
Matchbox '11 CTS Coupe
Matchbox '11 CTS Sport Wagon
Hot Wheels '11 CTS-V Holiday Edition

Ferrari
Hot Wheels 250 GTO
Daytona
F355
360 Modena
Enzo
612 Scaglietti
California
458 Italia
FF

Lamborghini
Matchbox Miura
Maisto Diablo Anniversary Edition
Hot Wheels Estoque Concept
Reventon
Gallardo LP560-4
2 Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggeras
Aventador

Some more of my recent purchases from both work and stores first the store purchases

P1190105 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A GMC Star Tours Bus, A Dallas Fort Worth Airport Fire Truck and a 2012 Track Stars Retro-Active

P1190106 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A BP Tanker now the cars I got from work

P1190107 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Some Bburago's a pink Cadillac (dont know who made it) and the Camaro on the top right is a Corgi

P1190108 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Some Majorettes a couple of Semi Trucks, Ambulance, Army pickup and a 57 Chevy

P1190109 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Front row is a couple of Realtoy Mercedes and BMW back row are RX-7, Mini and a Chrysler Panel Cruiser all unkown brands

P1190110 by commodoreben, on Flickr
and some Tootsie Toys i might add some more pics later today if i can be bothered taking them

I take some poor photos, but this one takes the cake. :crazy:

dscn1191cr.jpg

I was doing some shopping this evening, and picked these up at three different stores. :lol: At one membership store, I saw a whole cardboard case of Vintage Racing cars, which I've never seen before. It was almost full, but as usual, Bluebird/510 had been cleaned out. 👎 I picked up the '65 Mustang, because I rarely see it. Figured it was worth four bucks. '66 Nova is for my coworker. He has another year(I forget which) Nova in real life, just different color. I think he'll like it!
Dude, thanks for that link! That old-style manga looks awesome, back from when these cars were raced for real.
I hope you get a chance to check it out! I'm pretty sure this manga is where most Japanese boys in the 80's first learned about NOS. :lol:

Edit:

https://www.google.com/search?q=KPG...THOmmiQLWn5nFCA&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=993

Last edited:
@commodoreben - that pink Caddy is one I've wanted to own for quite awhile. Must do some searching around soon - several large projects have taken my time recently, and not enough left for my driving passion; cars, of course. When the concept of the 'Pink Cadillac' first came out it really rocked the car world.

As for the Realtoys! wow! Love those! We have tons of brands over here, but HW is predominant, others dependng on the outlet.

I was once in a toy store (privately owned Mom+Pop kind of shop) and while my (then) first toddler was running around squealing, I happened to be hanging out checking his front (cash) counter. On the counter were 3 extremely detailed miniature die-casts. I'm goggling at them and then picked one - it was fabulous to the touch - if you know what I mean - one could feel the quality. But he was looking really uncomfortable. He told me they were not for sale.
"That 's just . . um . . display."
"Oh! well!" I'm saying, "name your price. I must have them."
"No, sir!" He's getting angry now. "They are NOT for sale. They're MINE!"
He grabs them and shoves it (with great reverence) into a drawer under the counter.
I crack a smile, trying to mollify him, and ask him if he collects and he starts getting really defensive:
"Why?!! You think I'm too old? Toys are not just for kids! And those are not for kids. They cost a lot of money!"
He looked totally embarressed about collecting die-casts at his age (looked mid-40's).
If he only knew what I was like . . ..
The point of that anecdote was that unless I'm mistaken, they looked like Siku - and what quality! I could understand his reluctance to let me handle them.

Last edited:
Cano where are those flea market pictures...

I'll be uploading tonight...several lots arrived this week including one that Cano might respond 'oh @#$&! You wyvern! ' hint the car has goodyear wheels

wish I had space to hang my cars but id need a very large closet. Just reorganized my peg board hanging allot more matchbox than ever before. I'll snap pics of that as well.

Last edited:
Daamn I need to get that, forget SpeedMachines.

It's a pretty well-detailed version with some impressive rims. Unfortunately, the rims are also the same on the Range Rover, the Caterham and I think a pick-up truck.

The wheels are the one of the few generic designs MB uses currently... but at least they aren't oversized like the speed machines.

Some more of my cars both store purchases and some I got from work. Hopefully a couple that will get a screw you out of Cano and were are the flea market pics Cano? The store purchases first

P1210105 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Pierce Dash Fire Truck, Quarry King, Volkswagen Saveiro Cross, 78 Dodge Monaco Police, Aston Martin DBS Volante, Ford Crown Victoria Taxi, Karmann Ghia Convertible, International Bush Fire Truck and a Desert Thunder V16 and now the work purchases

P1210106 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Ford Pickup, 56 Chevy Pickup, A Chevy Van(I think), H1 Hummer, 96 Chevy 1500 Pickup, Track T, 65 Corvette, RT/10 Viper, Custom V8 Vega, Chaparral 2D and a Holden Commodore

P1210107 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Quartet of Ferrari 333SP's, Morris Mini, Countach, 911 GT3 Cup, M Roadster, 8 Series BMW and a Happy Meals Lotus Exige

P1210108 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A off road buggy not sure of its name, Oshkosh Snow Plow, Street Clever, Oshkosh Cement Mixer, Big Chill Snow Mobile, Sir Ominous, Monoposto, Arachorod, Rigor Motor, Sling Shot and a Top Secret 350Z

P1210109 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A trio of Happy Meals What 4-2's, Mercy Breaker, another Happy Meals toy im not sure of, Pharodox, another What 4-2, Seared Tuner, Sentinel 400 Limo, Itso Skeenie and a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo8

P1210110 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Clown Ops Truck, Happy Meals Formula Car, a pair of 2 Cool's, Moto Crossed, Roll Cage, Double Vision, Greased Lightnin, Midnight Otto, Anthracite, Ozzenberg, Super Stinger, Ooz Coupe, Tumbler Batmobile, Sling Shot, Canyon Carver and a Golden Arrow and now some Majorette's

P1210111 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Renault Supercino GT Turbo, Renault Safrane, Mercedes 350 SL and a Alfa Romeo Giulietta the Mercedes and Alfa are made in France both Renault's have no markings

P1210112 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A truck and crane I think these could be unmarked Yatming's I need your help on this one Cano how can you tell if they are unmarked Yatming's

P1210113 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Mercedes CLK GTR Street Version this has the words Hotwheels Promotional Vehicle stamped on the bottom of it and a Formula Fever with Real Riders

Last edited:
Daamn I need to get that, forget SpeedMachines.

If getting a Matchbox Audi R8, watch out that the windows sit in place properly, on my R8 the windscreen sits too high and the rear window too low. I've tried getting a screw driver in there and push up the rear and the front down but it doesn't work. Now I look at it, the headlights are printed in the wrong place! My luck aye?

I was going through boxes I have around the place and I found some of these Hot Wheels cars, still in good condition I decided to show off here. :sly:

Lotus Exige! :sly: Got this when I got the R8, was happier with the Exige.

Back to Hot Wheels, Ferrari 288 GTO? (I think)

Cadillac Northstar LMP (I once had a proper liveries Hot Wheels version in silver and black, sponsors and all but I lost it (I was about 8 after all). Panoz Roadster (I think this one was proper liveried, bits of the livery remain), Corvette C6R, Ferrari 575 GTC, and a Chaparral 2D.

Lotus Motorsport Elise (my second one, I lost my first gold one so I bought a second one) and a Opel VX220 or Speedster, one of them.

Ferrari's anyone?

Fantasy - Sol Air CX4 I think it's called.

Some youngster heroes, I remember first seeing them or having them as a child aged somewhere between 1 - 5.

Some drag cars.

Some Japanese cars and a Fantasy car that looked Japanese.

Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Toyota Tacoma and Celica Pikes Peak cars (these are sooo cool!!!).

This is a Fantasy of what would happen if Alfa Romeo and Japanese cars had a baby. (It's always reminded me of an Alfa for some reason, but it looks too Japanese at the front).

Shelby Cobra and GR-1 concept cars (got these when the New Mall opened in 2005/2006).

More American cars.

These aren't 1/64, but what the hell.

Back to 1/64, Honda HSC concept and some others.

VW New Beetle/Buggy.

I wish I could find my old yellow V8 Vantage again. :( :P

Last edited:
Now for some Matchboxes that I got from work. First the emergency Vehicle's

Q1210103 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A BMW 328i Police Car, Ford Expedition Sheriff's Car, Hazard Squad Fire Truck, Mack Auxiliary Power Truck Fire Truck, Ford Crown Victoria Fire Car, Ford Crown Victoria Police Car, Ford Falcon Police Car and a Ford Crown Victoria Sheriff's Car next are some commerical vehicle's

Q1210104 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A 39 Chevy Sedan Delivery, 21 Ford Model T, Ford Model A, A pair of Transit's, Volvo Flatbed Truck, Cement Mixer, Trash Truck, Tanker Truck and a Volkswagen Caddy now some road cars

Q1210105 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Rover Sterling, A Badly damaged Lesney Dodge Challenger, 62 VW Beetle, Nissan X Terra, Austin Mini Cooper, Chevrolet Corvette C6 and a Ferrari F40 now some Industrial equipment

Q1210106 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Sea Rescue Helicopter, Mobile Crane (Without the crane), Mobile Lift Truck, Tractor Shovel, Scraper, Ground Breaker and a Tractor Plow and now some Trucks

Q1210107 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A M.A.N Crane Truck, Ford Aeromax and a pair of Kenworths

Guess what
From Hotwheels
That looks cool 👍

My purchases today. I hope some of you are jelly. :sly:
picture.php

picture.php

Yur so Fast

picture.php

Never thought I'd get one.

picture.php

'84 Pontiac Stunt Car

picture.php

Found one!

picture.php

Gran Torino Sport

picture.php

Charger R/T

picture.php

Camaro SS

picture.php

:D:D:D

picture.php

Can't believe I found one. Still no Hanasaku though :grumpy:

picture.php

You're now jealous.

I want to get that Datsun 510, but refuse to buy any cars with those hideous wheels.

I find it somewhat acceptable on the 510. I bought one, but yeah, it's been the only one with those wheels on them. :dopey:

Does anyone know where I can purchase a die-cast car by the model of "Vector Automotive" I haven't been able to find any.

I want to get that Datsun 510, but refuse to buy any cars with those hideous wheels.

I actually like the wheels. It doesn't look good on the Datsun, but it certainly beats seeing the same 2011 wheels over and over again...

Do you guys have that bronze Reventon?

Latest Posts

Back