1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Because the guy lives 10 minutes from my house and he also is a prolific restorer/customizer, so we set a date and we both do our projects in one day... or at least the ones that are ready for paint.

'Sides, come on, real automotive finishes are a long way from rattlecan paint jobs, and you can create any color you so desire. I just compensate him for the paint and labor (he is pretty skillful with the paintgun and so is his dad, who also restores/customizes HWs) with some cars whenever I happen to have some repeats he doesn't already have.

HW.com VW Drag bus

many old loose cars

The Hot Wheels Legends Cadzzilla - dad won't let me touch it, so pics of it later:crazy:
Below is an example:
SETcad1.jpg

Designer Dreamz: a pair of 50s-era cars in a garage

Bugs and Busses: sorry for the odd pic; a nice set of VWs

Unpainted chopper

More old loose ones:)

SuperTUners: 3 cars - SHO-STOPPER, MX48-Turbo, and Muscle Tone.

The 300 USD Talbot Lago - crappy focus due to protective container.

More TH; BMW on bottom of stack is unpainted(?); The above Talbot Lago appears in top left; row of pics is me, Mom and Dad in ~2000;)

Picture overload! It's like a bomb of images that didn't load because I stopped it loading to stop the internet from crashing! Sorry, they're massive.

machate_man, you might want to post those pictures in a smaller size mate. Currently it's too big and not friendly on internet and computers that are... Suck-ish. :P

diabolicwyvern, you know you want to send me that Falcon :D. In fact I actually have both the regular and $uper versions of the Mega Thrust if you'd want to trade.

Send you the super? Not a chance. This one cost me $1 and if I ever have to buy one again, it'd cost me at least $25 and I'd be waiting a couple years to get that price. Its nuts though, even the mainline Falcons are getting $4-5 a pop on ebay without shipping. I've watched 5+ lots of between 3 and 4 cars all hitting between $16-24 witout the shipping factored. It will die down, but still what a time to have them.

Now if you wanted to trade a standard for one of the TH Mega Thrust...:D

Oh, a another 👍 for reducing size. Were those taken with a cell while walking past the objects?

Here are my latest store purchases

P1030104 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A 2012 FTE Aston Martin DBS, A 2011 Premiere Retro Active, A HW Racing Chevy Nova, A Premiere 70 Camaro Road Race, A Premiere 11 Charger R/T, A Hot Auction Nomad, A Green Brasilia, A 2012 Premiere Imparable and a 2010 Premiere Back Slider

P1030105 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Purple Premiere Blvd Bruiser, A 2012 HW Main Street 69 Mercury Cougar Eliminator, 2012 HW Code Car Challenger Drift Car, A Hot Ones 34 Ford, 2012 Space Thrill Racers Jet Threat 4.0, 2012 Race Course Thrill Racers Flight 03, 2011 Premiere El Superfasto, 2012 HW Code Car Yur So Fast, 2012 HW Performance Monte Carlo SS, 2011 Street Beasts Plymouth AAR Cuda

P1030106 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A green and pink Matchbox Ice Cream Cruiser, A Welly Chevelle and a Matchbox Austin Mini Van

machate-man's post was like a horror flick as it was loading(:lol:), but I did like the Z3. Pretty sweet. 👍

This thread is so full of lag for me, unfortunately.

I like that Talbot a lot, but why so expensive? And I like that BMW, I have one somewhere.

This was my collection a few years back, I know I easily have over 1,000 by this point.

I also made this a while ago.

Stopped at wal-mart last night to pick up some breakfast sandwiches and check the hotwheels. Nothing in the basics, but they did put out some boulevard cars. I wanted 2 or 3 of them, but at $4 a piece I couldn't justify it. So I just bought one, the Triumph TR6. Unfortunately it's a nice shade of pink (or purple).

At first, I thought I was seeing another 510 I had to buy. This is even better. :embarrassed:

That was my exact thought as well! Then I thought, "ssshhh, Cano went as far to recreate the cars rendering on the card as well. (which I realized was a stretch) :dunce:

That was my exact thought as well! Then I thought, "ssshhh, Cano went as far to recreate the cars rendering on the card as well. (which I realized was a stretch) :dunce:

I'm just relieved that it is not a Treasure Hunt. I should be able to find this one. :dopey:

Greeting guys - happy new year from South Africa. Hopefully the Hot Wheel hunting has been going well - I've been reading the past few pages of the thread to catch up on what I've been missing... The Hot Wheels have pretty much dried up on this side, I didnt really go out searching during the holidays after all the stores were inundated with the same stuff when i did the "run" a week before Christmas. Anyways - things seem to be looking up though - popped in to a local CNA that usually has crap -but to my surprise they had 3 cars that I wanted - a 2011 Mini Challenge, 2011 red Porsche 911 GT2 and a HW Racing 69 Corvette (I need 69 Pontiac GTO to complete the whole set). But my biggest surprise was to see 2 2012 Troy Soldiers scattered among them - which shows that the 2012 cars might be here sooner than anticipted! I didnt get 1, didnt fancy the car - but I'll be chacking out a few bigger stores over the next couple of weeks to see what I can score...

I went to yet another flea market today. This week is the best one for HW chasing in here because it's when the magic kings come to all the houses! The Magic kings are a very strong tradition here, and it shows: you go out to the streets and there are toys selling EVERYWHERE. From tomorrow up to the 6th, I'll be walking myself to death in temporary toy markets all around the city. I'll of course show you what falls into my hands. Today the first scores came home.

Some more of my cars to show you guys first are the store purchases

P1040104 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Express Delivery, Nissan Cube, Jungle Crawler, Aqua King, Dune Dog and a Orange Miura

P1040105 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Welly Chev Caprice Taxi, 68 Toyota Landcruiser, 2010 Premiere Bread Box, 2011 Premiere Custom Camaro, 2011 Heat Fleet Tail Dragger, 2010 Premiere Scirocco GT 24 and a 2011 Thrill Racers Raceway Ford GT

Now some cars I brought at work a while ago and Im just getting around to taking photos
First some Matchboxes

P1040107 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A 05 Ford GT, Shelby Cobra Concept, Viper GTS-R, Corvette Stingray III, C5 Corvette, Mustang GT Concept, Ford Probe, Jeep 4x4, A Rola matics Wild Life Truck, Philadelphia Phillies Ford Delivery Truck, Ford Bronco II

P1040109 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Lotus Exige, Porsche Carrera Cabriolet, Mercedes Benz SL65, A Lesney Superfast Datsun 126X, A Pair of Ferrari Testarossa's, Opel Calibra, Mercedes Benz 300E Police Car

P1040110 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Transporter Vehicle, A Lesney Superfast Hi-Tailer, Street Streak, Lesney Superfast Baja Buggy missing one of its exhaust stacks, Bass Bus (Never seen one of these before)Snorkel Fire Truck that still has the ladder and fireman in the bucket, A very rough Lesney Superfast Big Banger and a very rough Lesney Superfast Road Dragster

P1040111 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Lesney Battlekings Tank Transporter, A Arizona Cardinals Kenworth Truck and a Matchbox Super Kings Trailer

P1040113 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Siku BMW 545i, Maisto Little Loader and a Tractor I cant find a name on.

Im looking forward to both your flea market finds and new customs Cano

new, never-before-seen 2012 model:

HW+2012+Premiere+BMW+2002.jpg

:drool::drool:

If I don't find that I quit collecting. The 2002 is one of my all time favourite BMW's and I want it. And seeing that there have been a couple normal mainline cars I've never even seen here, there is a possibility the same happens with this one. :nervous:

510, 2002..... This only means one thing(to me :P). My one other retro compact sport is next:

97696d1207364309-1966-alfa-romeo-giulia-sprint-gt-1300-junior-front.jpg

:drool:

On a more realistic real-life note, I'm happy to see the original Land Cruiser Ben posted. I have the one with some kind of jungle scheme, but I'd gladly pick up additional Land Cruisers with standard paint jobs on them. I personally wish for orange.

:drool::drool:

If I don't find that I quit collecting. The 2002 is one of my all time favourite BMW's and I want it. And seeing that there have been a couple normal mainline cars I've never even seen here, there is a possibility the same happens with this one. :nervous:

If you don't find it I'll send you a stash, don't worry. It would probably be better off for you considering how much money HWs run for in your part of the world. If the Falcons reached J-Pap in Australia, I'd guess we could do the same with you.

Today I picked up a GIGANTIC E-Bay shipment that includes SEVERAL repeats for me to sell and refinance. I also picked up two awesome M2 Machines and some other tidbits. But I won't post pics 'till next week when the "hunting season" is finally over.

EDIT:

510, 2002..... This only means one thing(to me :P). My one other retro compact sport is next:

97696d1207364309-1966-alfa-romeo-giulia-sprint-gt-1300-junior-front.jpg

:drool:

You did know that Matchbox made this one a few years ago, right?

MB-32_Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_Sprint.jpg

3224058317_f13f9afed5.jpg

EDIT:

You did know that Matchbox made this one a few years ago, right?

MB-32_Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_Sprint.jpg

3224058317_f13f9afed5.jpg

............................. I started collecting, like, last year?

I'm headed to eBay!

Edit: I forgot it's 2012. Pretend I said last year, like in the last year.

That BMW 2002 looks awesome! But I can gurantee you that even if the casting is made in Malaysia, but still it's very difficult to find one... My only chance to find these gold is at the flea market, and usually they will sell it at a significantly higher price and that's what I don't like...

Latest Posts

Back