1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Got 2 '09 Stingray concept ones today.

Was just arranging my collection in my draw and I looked at the back of the BTTF Time Machine to see the Mr Fusion and I saw the rear license plate had the word "OUTATIME" on it.

Last edited:
Whats up guys.... just checking in after a while. Been really involved with the local hot wheels collectors' site we have here in SA, but that seems to have become stagnant, as the influx of new stuff in our stores has subsided for quite some time now... I think the last time we had anything new was early Jan, with the 1st batch of 2012's. I've got a few questions that I wouldnt mind anybody contributing to:

1. I've noticed that here locally, the collector's are really into VW's - all shapes, sizes, makes and brands - are there any of you guys into this as well?

2. I followed a link on this site a few days back to a list of all the 2012 new models - part of this was THE BAT (which is what the new Batwing in The Dark Knight Rises is being called). Anybody have further news on this?

3. Besides the HWs, Matchbox, Majorettes, Sikus and those sorta cars - do you guys collect Bburago and Maisto in any scale? I know Maist does some pretty sweet Street Custom cars in the scale of HWs - but with rubber wheels and sick detailing?

4. Whats the current 2012 cars you guys are finding in stores at the moment? Especially Wallmart....

R1600Turbo
No actually, I don't. :)

If I don't have money to buy cars, I don't go shopping.

Edit: Anyone think we should start a new thread for Custom Hotwheels only?

Yeah that's a great idea there. I would like to see some frankencars and cool customs on GTPlanet. :D

And will there be some guides and tips on how to modify your HW or MB cars? That will be helpful to people who want to begin.

AOS-
This is why I only check once a month now.

True, as I started to do that since 2007 when they stopped getting shipments from the stores I usually go to. It's like the stores want you to get the last batch of cars off the shelfs and no one buys them, so I wait or look somewhere else.

Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
28oNd.jpg

True, as I started to do that since 2007 when they stopped getting shipments from the stores I usually go to. It's like the stores want you to get the last batch of cars off the shelfs and no one buys them, so I wait or look somewhere else.

A Toys R Us Express had a much larger variety in Majorette Racings than the bigger Toys R Us retailers here :odd:

AOS-
A Toys R Us Express had a much larger variety in Majorette Racings than the bigger Toys R Us retailers here :odd:

Dang and Holy VTEC:eek:!

You get Majortettes?! I gotta visit Canada soon! :D

But that's the surprises that the stores do to collectors, kinda wierd but that's what they do. Sometimes big stores like Super Wal-Mart, The bigger version of Target and Big K-mart can have almost nothing in HWs or other brands, but then the smaller stores have the most stored in weeks or even months. If those stores have little or no traffic, it's a gold mine! :D

@Tom: Nice Challenger, are you gonna customize it? It will look good as a Formula Drift car.

That's because bigger retailers don't tailor to collectors since the stuff they look for isn't as demanded as what the general public are buying; consumer electronics, video games, groceries, clothes, and other necessities.

And it's only Toys R Us that carries anything Majorette.

True, that's why the smaller branches are better suited for collectors. That's where I can find more rarer or unique cars or anything in those type of stores.

Well I haven't checked any Toys 'R Us stores in my area yet, but I know Majorettes are extremely hard to find in the US. I wish they would sell them here, if Tomica cars are here in selected stored, then why not Majorettes? :odd:

Some of you are familiar with my struggle with my cheap Nikon camera? This thing is just impossible to deal with Hot Wheel cars, because it requires crazy amount of "minimum focus distance ". I know nothing about digital camera, but for my next purchase, while it would be another cheapie, I knew that one of the requirements would be this distance(I think called macro).

I got my new Cannon SX130 IS today? I paid $130(free ship), you be the judge:

NEW
img0009ku.jpg

img0008rt.jpg

OLD(from a month ago)
dscn1210q.jpg

No more blurry photos! I apologize for the past pics that were just ridiculously poor. :ouch:

What I picked up last week or two:

img0010tx.jpg

Slim pickings!

Nice. Thank you!

Looking at previous models, the paintjobs have gotten worse. :indiff: Feeling rather sad that I missed previous years, but there seems to be some interesting models this year. Such as the 2013 Viper, T-Hunt 430 Scuderia, Boss 302 LS, Tundra, Z4 M, Continental SS, etc. :)

Looking at that pdf, I found the '13 Viper, and a Subaru! :D What I noticed though, is that they called it the 'Subaru WRX STi', instead of putting Impreza between Subaru and WRX. :odd:

@Tom: Nice Challenger, are you gonna customize it? It will look good as a Formula Drift car.

I doubt it, I suck at painting... actually I suck at anything to do with pens, pencils and brushes, I can't even get my signature right twice.

AOS-
Tomica? What's that? I've never seen them before!

Tomicas are a Japanese scale car maker who makes some sweet JDM cars like the NSX-R NA2, Lancer Evos and other types of cars from Japan as well. Also someone posted a SA22C FB RX7 made from Tomica here in a post, I believe.

They sometimes make forigen(imported)cars and have city playsets. It's hard to find them in stores like Majorettes in the US. Only in selected stores like Toys 'R Us, FAO Sharwtz and KB Toys may sell them in international branches like these, but if you find one, consider yourself lucky.

And don't forget, Google is your friend. ;)

R1600Turbo

Thanks! Now I'm keeping my eyes open like a hawk now! :D

Tom Servo
I doubt it, I suck at painting... actually I suck at anything to do with pens, pencils and brushes, I can't even get my signature right twice.
:(

It would look good with the spoiler from the Challenger Drift car though. But it is still nice, maybe road racing?

J0SH1
Just wondering but, how old are yous all?

Umm, Why?

I'm 22 and I still collect cars, action figures, play video games still. If I was a billionare, I will have the real cars and finding their HW replicas to collect/custom/zip across my desk, heck even putting one inside the real one. So?

Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Maisto, JadaToys, AutoArt for life!!! :D

Wow. Did I need to tack on an emoticon and a note to let you know that post of mine was sarcasm?

Anyway, I looked at that pdf. I currently got:
Code:
2012:
Ford Falcon Race Car
BMW M3 GT2 x 2
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner
Lamborghini Aventador  x 3
Chevy Camaro ZL1 x 2
Chevelle SS

Collector Series:
Dodge Coronet Super Bee x 2
Aston Martin DBS
Ford Falcon X8
Datsun 510
Chevy Impala
Ford Gran Torino
Lamborghini Reventon
Aston Martin One-77
Ferrari 458 Italia
Camaro SS
'70 Dodge HEMI Challenger
'64 Lincoln Continental x 2

HW Code Cars:
Dodge Challenger Drift Car
Yur So Fast
Cool One

And what I want:
Code:
2012 Models:
KITT Knight Industries
'13 Viper
Z4 M
Camaro IROC
Corvette Z06
VW Beetle
458 Spyder
Boxster Spyder
Continental Supersport
Hemi Cuda
El Camino
WRX STI
RX-7

Collector Series:
'68 Dodge Dart
'67 Plymouth GTX
Superbird
Road Runner
Charger (maybe)
AAR Cuda
GT500 Super Snake
Furai
GTX1
Charger Drift
Buick GSX
70 Monte Carlo
'67 Stang Coupe
Galaxy 500
Megane Trophy
911 GT2
599XX
Gallardo SL
California
Estoque
Focus RS
S2000
Viper GTS-R
350Z
Lancer Evo
Civic Si
Corvette Grand Sport
Mustang GT cop

Thrill Racers:
NSX
27/seven
Mitsubishi Evo
Corvette Stingray Concept

Treasure Hunts:
430 Scuderia
Ford GT
Chevy Malibu

Code Cars:
Viper SRT10

I like how i asked a few legit q's and get completely ignored, but a guy asks how old you lot are and everybody responds... nice....
One big happy Hot Wheels family eh....

Back