1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
This is a must buy for me.

sneaks224_sneaks224_68839.jpg

Looks like my Toys R Us got some new one's, but been cleaned out pretty thoroughly. Had handful of new models, nothing worth picking up. I don't see any new models in other stores. :crazy:

Nope.

Edit: There's this though...
Ah, that's better. 👍

I was feeling a bit bored, so I decided to take a picture of some of my older cars that you may enjoy. The cars were set up the way Cano does his, as I think it is the perfect set up to show the cars. It shows most of the car (glimpse of the front, most of the side).

P1010020.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture.

Last edited:
what the heck is the orange/red thing beside the Opel Calibra? If it's what I'm thinking it is...

Nice Superkings by the way. Tomica Mercedes?

what the heck is the orange/red thing beside the Opel Calibra? If it's what I'm thinking it is...

Underneath it says its a Speed Kings no. K-37 Sand Cat. Or were you meaning that red car directly beside it? Thats a No. 67 Volkswagen 1600 TL.

Nice Superkings by the way. Tomica Mercedes?

Thanks! Yep, that's a Tomica Mercedes. One of the very few Tomicas I have. The other that I can remember is a old Beetle.

BTW, I'm uploading a better picture now.

Well I was looking for 1 plum crazy Dodge Challnger and 1 Black Ferrari California.

Since I need 2 of each.

One is to sell and one is to keep.

And I saw these and went "MINE"

Last edited:
Grayfox
Well I was looking for 1 plum crazy Dodge Challnger and 1 Black Ferrari California.

Since I need 2 of each.

One is to sell and one is to keep.

And I saw these and went "MINE"

I seen both cars before, but I can't find them again:grumpy:. I was broke at the time when I spotted the Challenger and California at my grocery store(they have loads of 2010-2011 cars.)

But I'm looking out for the purple Challenger and RT 440 Charger and silver GT2 (997) that they had, but no prevail, yet:banghead:. But I was lucky when I found two G37s In Silver Metallic paint at the same store:D.

So I went to a grocery store that is somewhat local to me tonight. There was rumors that these grocery stores were getting new stands in lately, so I decided to go check this one out. Started on one end of the store and went down the center isle, looking down isles as I passed them left, right, left, right. Was looking for the blue Hotwheels cardboard stands or the toy isle.

I got to the main isle in the store that usually has a set up for upcoming holidays, so right now they are jam packed with Easter candy, etc. Upon turning the corner and looking down this isle, the first thing that jumped out at me was this:

IMG_20120225_195155.jpg

Needless to say I rushed over and got to work going to every pocket of the one on the bottom right. Found a few things, but nothing spectacular. I would say the cars inside were a month or two old. I decided not to go through the rest of them as they looked to have been picked through already and all the cars were the same.

Came out with the two black Willys were purchased because they are both missing the blower that should be sticking out of the hood. (photo below) Seems to be a common error with that car as I have a couple more of them packed away. Also got the blue 370Z, blue Custom Beetle and the blue Ford Falcon Race Car along with the blue Matchbox Holden Ute, blue Mini and the Lotus Exige there as well from the toy isle. Then went to Wal-Mart and got the Boulevard AAR Cuda.

The red Caterham at the top was an extra purchased that will be getting a detail and wheel swap. 👍

DSCN4488.jpg

DSCN4490.jpg

The cardboard or the cars? :lol:

Yeah, weird that most of the cars I bought were blue but I didn't choose it to be that way. Just happened. :confused:

Grayfox
I have that Plum Crazy(Purple) Challenger.

That's one nice Mopar right there. 900 of pure Detroit muscle ;).

R1600Turbo
So I went to a grocery store that is somewhat local to me tonight. There was rumors that these grocery stores were getting new stands in lately, so I decided to go check this one out. Started on one end of the store and went down the center isle, looking down isles as I passed them left, right, left, right. Was looking for the blue Hotwheels cardboard stands or the toy isle.

I got to the main isle in the store that usually has a set up for upcoming holidays, so right now they are jam packed with Easter candy, etc. Upon turning the corner and looking down this isle, the first thing that jumped out at me was this:

Needless to say I rushed over and got to work going to every pocket of the one on the bottom right. Found a few things, but nothing spectacular. I would say the cars inside were a month or two old. I decided not to go through the rest of them as they looked to have been picked through already and all the cars were the same.

Came out with the two black Willys were purchased because they are both missing the blower that should be sticking out of the hood. (photo below) Seems to be a common error with that car as I have a couple more of them packed away. Also got the blue 370Z, blue Custom Beetle and the blue Ford Falcon Race Car along with the blue Matchbox Holden Ute, blue Mini and the Lotus Exige there as well from the toy isle. Then went to Wal-Mart and got the Boulevard AAR Cuda.

The red Caterham at the top was an extra purchased that will be getting a detail and wheel swap. 👍

All I have to say:

I'm sooooooo jelly. You R1600, are a lucky man, I bow down to another Hot Wheels Master :bowdown::bowdown::lol:.

So, do you think all the good ones were at the top? How do you even reach the higher ones? :crazy:

I've never seen a store with three full displays before. I almost wonder, like you mentioned before, if somebody working at the store is taking all the goodies. I could be wrong, but it seems like a inflated stock order to me, like they were using company money to get some Hot Wheels cars out of extra display(order).
Mini & Cuda are must-haves for me! 370Z's nice.

We never get the cardboard stands here :grumpy:

So, do you think all the good ones were at the top? How do you even reach the higher ones? :crazy:

You don't, they just put it there to get it out on the floor. They don't expect people to want to reach stuff that high up anyway. Sometimes I want to go as far as asking a staff member for a step ladder.

Searching through pegs during the winter season sucks because your puffy jackets knocks everything down when you stick you arm in between the cards to read the name printed on the sides. Sometimes I won't care enough, will take off my jacket, and roll up my sleeves with a basket in front of me.

Last edited:
If I really wanted to go through everything in the top one, it was a "Marketplace" store which is a mix of a grocery store and one that sells home accessories. So I could have found a step ladder if I wanted to. :P

I hate going through pegs, but I kind of know what I'm looking for when I do so it's easier only having to go through pegs that I see something I am looking for. When it comes to dump bins, I will usually grab a shopping cart and use it to hold cars from the top so I can get to the bottom.

I've been looking through this thread for a long time, but never posted in here. Really enjoyed looking through the collections of the members here. :) I've got a small collection from my childhood, but I haven't updated it in years. (Along with the constant attack from my parents telling me to grow up and get rid of them) I hope to post some pictures here. :D Just a little note, I've been watching some die-cast car reviews from Classic Game Room Garage. I'd suggest people should check it out. There's some amusing reviews in here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CGRgarage/videos

I should start collecting all over again, using my change. (I don't even know how much they cost now... X_X) Any suggestions of the best place to get them? >_> Walmart, Target, or something?

Last edited:
I should start collecting all over again, using my change. (I don't even know how much they cost now... X_X) Any suggestions of the best place to get them? >_> Walmart, Target, or something?
I'm more of a casual collector, but I do go after certain cars I feel I must have!

For me, I look in Walmart, Target and any other stores I have to shop in for something else anyway. Due to this, only time I've never seen a Treasure Hunt, except once. It was Black Friday morning. :lol:

I've decided to go all-out on the Caterham custom. Will need to purchase another one though to make it happen. Will do that tomorrow after work if the one I saw at the grocery store by my work is still there.

Back