1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
More stuff from Vintage Stock.
Aside from the 1996 Model Series Monte Carlo, which ran me $2, it's amazing what you can get for a dollar.

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

The next three were an eBay win for a mere $5.80 w/shipping.

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Cool stuff Wyvern, I'm still missing the S'cool bus in any version. I'm also missing the Monte Carlo.

Buy happy news: I finally got my hands on some Matchox Thunderbird Turbo Coupes!

Sorry for the b****-fit the other day guys - was having a bit of a crappy time at work, and i guess I indirectly conveyed that through my post... I meant no offence and hope i didnt offend anybody...

Oh i got some awesome finds today:

This one had a piece of hair in it... does that make it super rare?

A Ducati and a red camaro to match my blue one

This one has the wrong car with the wrong card. It's a YUR SO FAST (2012?) on a BOSS HOSS MOTORCYCLE (2011) card. :D

Last edited:
This one has the wrong car with the wrong card. It's a YUR SO FAST (2012?) on a BOSS HOSS MOTORCYCLE (2011) card. :D

That is epic 👍 Must be worth quite a bit. I presume that Ducatti is a t-hunt right? Nice finds.

Take really convincing pictures of that Yur so Fast error, and post it on ebay starting at $100.

I'm going to start looking for silly errors if I can actually profit from this. :lol:

Speaking of errors... ;P Bought the Ken Block Fiesta again! But without front wheels. :lol: Not as epic as the Yur So Fast error.
IMG_1266.jpg

And my recent purchases of:
Renault Megane Trophy
Nissan 370Z
Ferrari P4
Dodge Neon Drag Car
IMG_1265.jpg

Speaking of errors... ;P Bought the Ken Block Fiesta again! But without front wheels. :lol: Not as epic as the Yur So Fast error.
http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj408/MedigoFlame/IMG_1266.jpg[/QUOTE]

[color=#471]Fake!!!! :p

I'm about 2 steps away from making that meme image with the caption

"SELL ALL ERRORS!"

Maybe it's just me, but I find it rather amazing that defected items can have a lot of value. Not product value, but collector value. Said values can be so mind-blowing sometimes... like that $4000 car, goodness.[/color]

AOS-
Fake!!!! :P

I'm about 2 steps away from making that meme image with the caption

"SELL ALL ERRORS!"

Maybe it's just me, but I find it rather amazing that defected items can have a lot of value. Not product value, but collector value. Said values can be so mind-blowing sometimes... like that $4000 car, goodness.

photo-21.jpg

Can you tell me which car was $4000?

Too bad it doesn't work like that with real cars. It's quite the opposite. :lol:

When I was grocery shopping today, I came across Ferrari 512 thing(Hot Wheels Garage). I should have bought that. :banghead: Also, more & more RX-7. That thing is everywhere now.

P.S. Has anyone seen that Knight Rider car?

Edit: OMG, I just realized that Ducati's a treasure hunt! 👍

Edit 2: That Neon looks like the Matchbox F40 after I stepped on it. lol

I think I'll hold onto that Fiesta till the value goes up. :lol: I can see why they can be more valued than other models for their uniqueness. Just went to Toys R Us today and got 10 cars. :D Rather sad how much better the selection was there than walmart, but whatever. 12 cents more than those at walmart for the basic cars, not including tax. Plan on uploading the pictures tomorrow. Found some speed machines, which I thought were only in 2010. $5 for one car...my word... X_X

AOS-
Take really convincing pictures of that Yur so Fast error, and post it on ebay starting at $100.

I'm going to start looking for silly errors if I can actually profit from this. :lol:

Note to self: Find more error cars for profit and or modifcation....

Oh wait, what about customizing the error cars? That's another great idea there. 💡

MedigoFlame

And my recent purchases of:
Renault Megane Trophy
Nissan 370Z
Ferrari P4
Dodge Neon Drag Car

Cool cars. Man I gotta find me the P4 330, 370Z and that Megane Trophy RM. :drool:👍

a6m5
Too bad it doesn't work like that with real cars. It's quite the opposite. :lol:

When I was grocery shopping today, I came across Ferrari 512 thing(Hot Wheels Garage). I should have bought that. :banghead: Also, more & more RX-7. That thing is everywhere now.

P.S. Has anyone seen that Knight Rider car?

Edit: OMG, I just realized that Ducati's a treasure hunt! 👍

Edit 2: That Neon looks like the Matchbox F40 after I stepped on it. lol

You're lucky, I can't find that RX7 SA22C nowhere. I gotta keep searching.

It's a good year for treasure hunts it seems. Got four this year the latest being a '41 willys.

Just curious, is there some kind of benefit from looking through craigslist for some hotwheels? :/ http://maine.craigslist.org/clt/2810724915.html

Several treasure hunts for $15. >_> I'd really like the Avanti and GTX-1. :) And then possibly sell off the extras or something?

EDIT: I forgot to add, while I was at Toys R Us, I found what I believe is a packaging error. A card with the 1970's Camaro while there was an 80s IROC-Z in the package. That is an error, correct? (Didn't buy it)

Last edited:
I traveled across town again.

Scored big at Walmart, grabbed like 10 cars I never had, most of which are 2012 models.

Went to a Toys R Us and picked up my first TH ever! :D (edit: oh wow it's a SUPER TH! I got a Tucker Torpedo! Should I keep it in its card and sell it in the future?!)

That, and I made a last stop to a toy specialty store and grabbed 4 Designer Challenges, a Dale Jr. Road Runner, and A BTTF DELOREAN OMG! They jacked the price on the Delorean but I didn't care! I never thought I'd ever find one. Should I sell that too in the future?! Get it? Future... :P

Just curious, is there some kind of benefit from looking through craigslist for some hotwheels? :/ http://maine.craigslist.org/clt/2810724915.html

Several treasure hunts for $15. >_> I'd really like the Avanti and GTX-1. :) And then possibly sell off the extras or something?

EDIT: I forgot to add, while I was at Toys R Us, I found what I believe is a packaging error. A card with the 1970's Camaro while there was an 80s IROC-Z in the package. That is an error, correct? (Didn't buy it)

As long as you trust the person selling them, I don't see why not. Call them.

Also, that packaging error is not an error actually. Seen it posted on the HWC forums and it was pointed out as normal.

Went to a Toys R Us and picked up my first TH ever! :D (edit: oh wow it's a SUPER TH! I got a Tucker Torpedo! Should I keep it in its card and sell it in the future?!)

They jacked the price on the Delorean but I didn't care! I never thought I'd ever find one. Should I sell that too in the future?! Get it? Future... :P

1) Supers are worth more than regulars, so you decide.

2) How much for the Delorean? I see them all the time, could have sent you one for free. :)

10. I looked on eBay and it seems I overpaid... :(

I didn't overpay for the A-Team van though. Now if I can get lucky and find the Ghostbusters Fairlane.

Also, that dude selling the 4 movie classic cars in the Trading forum can't possibly compete with the prices on eBay.

You gotta be kidding me. When I was looking for BTTF DeLorean, they were rare. I paid ten bucks for three of them. Since then, I don't know even know how many of them I passed on. A-Team is still rare. I did a catch & release at Walmart the other day, but I think I've seen it in stores only like 3, 4 times. Ghostbusters(Fairlane?) Ecto-1 or whatever, I was never ever able to get one in stores. Cano commented on how scarce that model was as well. R1600 actually hooked me up with one, which I really appreciated. 👍 I wanted another one, as I wanted 2 of BTTF DeLorean/A-Team/Ghostbusters, I ended up buying one either on toypeddler or eBay for I think around $7.

Back