1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
10. I looked on eBay and it seems I overpaid... :(

I didn't overpay for the A-Team van though. Now if I can get lucky and find the Ghostbusters Fairlane.

You got raped with the DeLorean dude, wow. The Ecto-1 on the other side, that car you will never see again, unless you are Wyvern, it seems.

We should pretty much call him sensei at this point...... or Mr. Miyagi of finding rare & collectible Hot Wheels at amazing prices.

He should start a business here. :D

but if I am going to look for cars I can't find locally, mainly discontinued or cars of previous years, I should look on ebay... or get wyvern to give them to me.

Okay. Finally took pics.

From the previous post of photos, this was the next group:
picture.php

Then came these from last Sunday.
picture.php

Then today's:
picture.php

========================
The highlights:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I wanted the Lotus and Honda in the original colour but they only had 'em in red :grumpy:

Yeah I ripped the DeLorean out since it has no value to me anymore, but I'm keeping the Designer Challenges in there because I like the illustrations on the cards.

I also saw a 5-pack and at first I thought it was an error because the 3rd car slot was empty, but then I saw that it had been ripped open very carefully from the side. Otherwise I would have bought that and sold it.

Sweet treasure hunt. 👍 I hate that Dart though. I don't know how many times I ran into that while wading through bunch of cars, and I think "I found the treasure hunt Chevelle!" :lol:

I don't think errors are worth enough for you to put too much effort into buying them and reselling right away. Stuff like that you have to sit on for years for them to really have any value.

But isn't that Chevelle blue? How can you mix the two up?

I already have plans on reselling that TH in the future. Hopefully some sucker will buy it off for a lot.

This car:

picture.php

when it falls in my hands, this one:

IMG_6841.jpg

will be sacrificed because of its green wheels. I hope to sell it before such a thing happens.

WHATTTT?!

I SKIPPED A LOT OF THOSE CHEVELLES BEFORE BECAUSE I HAVE THE REGULAR CHEVELLE! 🤬

Those bastards not putting "Treasure Hunt" on the bottom nor tagging the card with the greeen label?! Sneaky Bastards I tell you. I'm so cheesed now. What other "stealth" Treasure Hunts are there?!

WHATTTT?!

I SKIPPED A LOT OF THOSE CHEVELLES BEFORE BECAUSE I HAVE THE REGULAR CHEVELLE! 🤬

Those bastards not putting "Treasure Hunt" on the bottom nor tagging the card with the greeen label?! Sneaky Bastards I tell you. I'm so cheesed now.

No, those were most likely regular Chevelles, I have one too. They look very similar, but I think it was Cano who came up with a comparison photo/guide. Maybe he still have it handy?

P.S. You passing up, even regular one is crazy. They are bad ass, even if it's not that super treasure hunt.

P.P.S. Thanks alot. I got so fired up, I ended up bidding on a couple on eBay. I hope I lose. :lol:

will be sacrificed because of its green wheels. I hope to sell it before such a thing happens.

Why not just use something similar and paint them green?

WHATTTT?!

Those bastards not putting "Treasure Hunt" on the bottom nor tagging the card with the greeen label?! Sneaky Bastards I tell you. I'm so cheesed now. What other "stealth" Treasure Hunts are there?!

I like that the Super's aren't in a package with the green stripe anymore. Scalpers that are not in the "know" have no idea, and that makes it easier for collectors like myself that only go hunting once a week to find them. :)

I like that the Super's aren't in a package with the green stripe anymore. Scalpers that are not in the "know" have no idea, and that makes it easier for collectors like myself that only go hunting once a week to find them. :)

Yeah, but have you found one? Or anyone in this thread? I could have missed it.

I know the cars to look for, haven't found one yet though. A lot of collectors in my area and I only go hot wheels hunting once a week so I miss out on a lot.

I remember you telling us how rare those "super" treasure hunts actually are. I don't think anyone on here is actually going to find one, at least not in the States. It's just so damn competitive. Still, Mr. Miyagi will probably find one for 2 bucks next year.

You got raped with the DeLorean dude, wow. The Ecto-1 on the other side, that car you will never see again, unless you are Wyvern, it seems.

I once turned down an Ecto-1 in a $5 for 5 cars sale (insert facepalm picture here).

I let a Super Bee TH pass one time, but that's before I knew it was rare. I did notice the different paint job as I saw a regular Super Bee sitting on the same peg beside it. I'm not big on Muscle cars, still not, but I have opened up a little more towards them now that I have most of the European supercars and realized that Mattel makes so little Japanese cars.

AOS- from some decades ago
And what I want:
Code:
2012 Models:
KITT Knight Industries
'13 Viper
Z4 M
Camaro IROC
Corvette Z06
VW Beetle
458 Spyder
Boxster Spyder
Continental Supersport
Hemi Cuda
WRX STI
RX-7

Collector Series:
'68 Dodge Dart ***
'67 Plymouth GTX ***
Superbird
Road Runner ***
Charger (maybe)
AAR Cuda ***
GT500 Super Snake
Furai
GTX1
Charger Drift
Buick GSX
70 Monte Carlo
'67 Stang Coupe
Galaxy 500
Megane Trophy
911 GT2
599XX
Gallardo SL
California
Estoque ***
Focus RS
S2000
Viper GTS-R
350Z
Lancer Evo
Corvette Grand Sport
Mustang GT cop

Thrill Racers:
NSX ***
27/seven
Mitsubishi Evo
Corvette Stingray Concept

Treasure Hunts:
430 Scuderia
Ford GT
Chevy Malibu

Code Cars:
Viper SRT10

*** = Acquired

Slowly filling that out ;)

I have 2 of those NSXs in case someone desperately wants one.

Remember when I said I had shedloads of older diecasts somewhere in the back of here?

attic.jpg

Well I've finally dug my way to the back and unearthed these 17 boxes;

06699.jpg

I opened a few to reveal some tat, some scrap and a few gems. In total I'd guess theres around 2,000 diecasts in there.

I'll get to photographing them all over the coming weeks, but for now here's a quick tease...

06702.jpg

06703.jpg

Only if he doesn't sell it to him.

Sell it to me; he hates my guts. It'll make him so mad! :lol:

But as for the collection, I'm mindblown. I want to do that too. I've counted that I have about 177 cars currently. My goal won't be to simply raise the count because there's a handful of cars I don't want to spend money on or even look at. I've made a system that will keep track of the number of 1/64's I have, including duplicates.

Mother%20of%20God.jpg

Holy hell. That is SOME collection you ggot over there, got dammit. Imagine walking into an old attic and finding all that suff just lying there. Imagine opening them and smelling that cool old stuff smell. Imagine selling them to me.

Sure.

I already see rare stuff like that yellow Superfast bus, not easy to find at all. I'll be anxiously waiting for pics. Screw you x 2000, got dammit.

Imagine opening them and smelling that cool old stuff smell.

I love the old stuff smell, and I LOVE those pictures up there. :drool:
It's be great just to be able to look at all of them, let alone actually own them.

Went out after work today to spend my gift card at an electronics store that I was given has a going away present at work and I brought these 2012 cars from another store in the centre

P3080105 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A 2010 Chevy Impala Nascar and a Aston Martin DBS from the faster than ever series, a Mitsubishi Pajero from the Thrill Racers-Swamp Rally Series and another Ferrari 458 from the All Stars Series

P3080106 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A 69 Dodge Coronet Super Bee and a 69 Plymouth GTX from the Muscle Mania-Mopar series also a 12 Camaro ZL1 and a BMW M3 GT2 from the 2012 Premiere series

P3080111 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Lastly a Ducati 1098 Treasure Hunt and this is a error of sorts the rear wheel seems to not be attached to the bike properly

P3080112 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Back