1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,499 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Finally got around to getting my list made. It's mostly filled with European and Japanese cars since that's typically what I go after.

Also, Porsches. As many of those I can find.

He'll have to change his username as well. GTRuf has a nice ring to it. :dopey: :sly:

Seriously though, I'm impressed he was able to put together a list. I would try but it would probably take me a week................or two. :P

The large rear wheel on the F12 is a buuuummer. But you have to figure that will happen to some of the models I have been looking forward to. At least it didn't happen to the FF. There are rumors that a 1/64 F12 might be coming out of the Kyosho factory at some point so that can make up for it a bit.

I concur, large rear wheels are probably my biggest complaint among Hot Wheels.
Of course though, there are cars in which they look perfect.
Yeah, the F12 really didn't need those wheels. :guilty:

Oh! Haaii, GTRuf!

Have you seen this one?

DSCN0125.jpg

If you only collect 1/64 Porsches, though, there must be hundreds. I have quite a few myself, from HotWheels, as well as Matchbox, Jada, Maisto, MotorMax, etc.

Here's a few:

100_0425.jpg

I've got a 1:43 Jagermeister 959 that's has some parts missing, and a 1:24 plastic model kit 911 GT1 from the 24 hours of Daytona that Paul Newman drove, but most of my Porsche stuff is 1:64 scale.

I've got Hot Wheels, Matchbox and some others.

He'll have to change his username as well. GTRuf has a nice ring to it. :dopey: :sly:

Seriously though, I'm impressed he was able to put together a list. I would try but it would probably take me a week................or two. :P

I have a list of mine...so big I split the list up into two on my iPod, as well as individual photos of each casting and colour variation.

I've got a 1:43 Jagermeister 959 that's has some parts missing, and a 1:24 plastic model kit 911 GT1 from the 24 hours of Daytona that Paul Newman drove, but most of my Porsche stuff is 1:64 scale.

I've got Hot Wheels, Matchbox and some others.
How did Paul fit into it?:crazy:

Okay, I'm kidding.:dopey: Here's a few more of mine - maybe you have some of them:

100_0289.jpg

It almost looks too nice to be a HW. :drool:
And of course it had to be a Speed Machine. I only got back into serious collecting this past fall and obviously long after Speed Machines. :grumpy:

I've been keeping my eye out for extras.

Guess you can always go hunting on the Internet, but it's more fun of course to get it off the peg. Without paying postage. Not sure that casting ever came basic. I think it's a new casting. Cano will know for sure.

I am still surprised by the deals you can find on E-Bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-67-H...52lrohiYAnoF8KDTYEmJJ8Y=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I'll give the rundown:

-Getty 300ZX still in baggie
-white Auburn, extremely difficult to find
-Phone pole truck, complete with it's articulated arm and the guy in the basket, which appears decapitated quite commonly.
-two Old # 5s, always good sellers
-Cal Customs BMW M3 in blue and white, with some rare wheels
-Metal bed Oshkosh Snow Plow, complete with snow plow
-blue Hi-Tail Hauler in great shape, both bikes are complete
-Spoiler Sport project, at last!
-at last too, VW Sunagon, the only "normal" international color I was missing, now comes the task of hunting down the mexican variations and, well, indian, french... yeah, not gonna happen, but I'm done with all the normal ones
-blue with white stripes Cobra. Can't see if it's the Real Rider version or the more rare Blackwall version, but any fo those are welcome, I'm missing both.
-Batman playset with very very VERY sought-after Catwoman Dairy Delivery, which will net me at last my 240Z $TH, the trade is already sealed.

And of course random stuff fro trade, sale or restore. 27 bucks including shipping. Yup.

You'd have to take apart a Dragstrip Demons funny car or slingshot dragster. Another option is taking apart a Racing Champions Pro Mod racer, those have REALLY wide meats.

EDIT: Oooh thank you indeed, I'm missing those 4!!! MINE!

Back