1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,498 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I'd imagine all of them are probably quite a bit more valuable than you'd think.
Wait for this personable fella named Cano, he'll be able to help you out. 👍
I do know that the Land Rover is rare, and especially so with the roof rack. And I know that from Cano. :lol:

Cano restored that Rover before.

Here's my odds & ends from eBay today:

Walmart founder's truck. E-P-I-C(yeah, I'm pretty weird lol). You guys may, or may not know that I don't break open hot wheels very often. With this one, I HAD TO:
Sam Walton 1979 Ford "The Road To Success"
IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

I got the five pack for that Oscar Meyer Wienermobile :lol:
IMG_1411.jpg

Detail/Angle shots of the Drag Bus. We always see it from the side profile. I found it to be an really an interesting & surprising cast, so I wanted to share this:
IMG_1416.jpg

Last edited:
New question: Do you guys ever recall someone posting a pic of a 2012 cast black Pontiac GTO (orange interior, white flames), attached to a white Mazda Furai card?

Absolutely not.

Edit: I just realized that my five packs also have "Radio Flyer". Another car I've been after. :P

OK, before I open the Carbonator, it will serve as a bottle opener, right?
Yep indeed! Im glad you found one of your own!:)👍
I'm gonna have to open that one, too. This haul has been the absolute dirtiest. They all showed up covered with dust on them. :yuck:

I have a question for the experts: my mother has a few old Matchbox cars, made by Lesney. She has these cars, among others (not my pics). The parenthetical statements describe the cars we have, in comparison to the photos shown. Are these cars any good? Are they collectible or valuable? I'm not likely to get rid of them, but I'm curious.

Duuuude you have many good cars there! The first one immediately hit me because I had never seen a Lesney C111, but of course! It's a Speed Kings, a bigger (around 1:43) car and pretty rare. The others are fairly common Lesneys, but even if they are common, they are pretty valuable if in good condition. Show us more! Hell, if you can go take pictures of the actual cars your mom's got. I'll do the run-down.

Aaaaand finally, I'm actually surprised my own picrure of my own Pontiac shows up if you look for it, lol; you quoted my own car!

lesney4.jpg

Here is the album page with the pic in it:
http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn326/Bodecito/cochesitos/#!cpZZ31QQtppZZ24

EDIT: Oh, and great grabs on the Wal Mart truck and the Drag Bus, A6. The ohers, eeek, but those two rule.

No, in fact it was a pretty good deal. You should see the prices on that one in here, just thinking about it gives me the creeps.

Recent purchases:

Porsche911Turbopurple_zpsaf385a31.jpg

LandRoverDefender110red_zps288e565d.jpg

FiskerKarmagray_zps73258fc9.jpg

ChevroletVegaProStockNHRA_zps9778d24a.jpg

AustinFXLondonTaxiblack_zps6505d04f.jpg

Some dingbat is cutting up a lot of matchbox blisters at Dufferin's Walmart. This isn't the first time. It's happened many times in the past. I used to think it was some deranged collector since Dufferin is a terrible area, but after seeing so many occurrences, I think it's an employee because it'd be pretty meaningless if it was a customer. Reason I say that is because all the 3 911s I bought had their blisters cut on the left side so it you could pull the car out without tearing the card. The same was done on a few other Fiskers, and other new recolours... If the customer wanted to steal it, they could have done so, but because it's all new vehicles that got attention, I feel it's an employee who's after it. I figured he would do what he did was so that it would discourage people from buying an "opened" product. There's a sign in the aisle stating this area is being watched by surveillance, so I imagine him taking some cars away would get him into trouble, hence why he would resort to this.

So what did I do? I bought it. Sorry, Scalper. Hoarder wins this time. Then I told the Filipino cashier on my way out, because unlike Harry, I didn't have the time to look for someone. So I told the lady to talk to her manager about it. She's too thick-headed to consider an employee being the culprit because according to her, he would have been fired to which I added in "only when he's caught." She must have took it in as if I was insulting her personally for her to doubt me so quickly. But like most older Filipino women I talk to, they don't understand half the things I say... so I stopped trying and left.

As for the recent errors:

FordFocusRSwindowjammed1_zpsab8d188c.jpg

FordFocusRSwindowjammed2_zpsb4ddcb25.jpg

FordFocusRSwindowjammed3_zps0a31d650.jpg

FordFocusRSwindowjammed4_zps79de93ca.jpg

MazdaFuraiwrongcar1_zps409423c9.jpg

MazdaFuraiwrongcar2_zps8f82359c.jpg

MazdaFuraiwrongcar3_zps9db86995.jpg

That Defender is a beaut, no?

The raised ride height on the Focus to to compensate for the short card, duh. :dunce:

Cool errors, AOS.

As for the cut-down blister history, you reminded me of some stuff I found over here. In some supermarkets they will tape up the cars to prevent stealing, they simply put some kind of industrial, plastic-ribbed tape over the bubble so it's really difficult to open the package and steal the car. It happens less so now (these days, stapples are all the rage) but some years ago it was a common practice.

What would my surprise be when I found about 8 regular THs, all same model -don't ask me to remember which one, this was several years ago- all taped up... and when I say all, I mean it, they had TONS of tape all over the bubble and even in the card. The cards had also been folded pretty badly and some even had some marker lines on them.

My guess is that the employee had formed his stash, then got caught, got scalded, had to put them back, and in revenge to the evil collectors, made them absolutely worthless to them. I bought two.

My guess is that the employee had formed his stash, then got caught, got scalded, had to put them back, and in revenge to the evil collectors, made them absolutely worthless to them. I bought two.

Then it becomes clear it's highly sought after, just like my 911s which that ding dong will no longer get.

Oh, and it's "scolded".

I saw that same set, but with the red BNR34 this time. Then I spotted the AE86 with HW in Japanese and the Victory Red ZR1 C6 in it at Walgreens. I hate doing this, but I'm thinking of buying it next time for the cars. :ouch:

I went to the store today and saw all of those cars singularly. Bought 2 of the 3 you mentioned. Guess which ones they are. :P

Where's in here? :odd:

In Mexico dude in Mexico!!! We live in different countries, remember?

Sounds prevaricative to me, a6m5. He sounded like he was in eBay.

hahaha ah really, scalded is like getting burnt or something, right?

EDIT: also, content:

.......[I]photos designed to pee photonrider off[/I]........... [/QUOTE]

It was also correct English in the sense that he got metaphorically 'burnt' by getting caught - that's how[I] I[/I] read it.

Scolded, eh. Over here they just fire people.:dopey:

As for the photos - I spit. I hawk and spit.:grumpy:

Back