1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,498 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Taking inventory is going to take me forever. :lol:

Which is why I decided to take photos of each new car I get individually when I started collecting. The list is essentially made from all the photos you store in a folder, and from this I can access my list on the spot.

What's that exclusive car in the ten pack? Looks to me like it's a Willys coupe, but I'm not entirely sure

It's the "Passin gasser", a 1937 Ford gasser.

7112427625_3910ae8c0b_z.jpg

:lol:👍

Good news. That elusive hot wheels I mentioned, I got "second chance" offer from the eBay seller. I've never gotten one before. Price's steep, but I think only way it can go is up, so I bought it. I seriously wanted it when they first came out, but then I forgot all about it. Better late than never..... just more expensive. :lol:

Oh dear God the wallet. Even so, good deal. That thing is frighteningly expensive. I saw two in the convention for 70 bucks.

Oh dear God the wallet. Even so, good deal. That thing is frighteningly expensive. I saw two in the convention for 70 bucks.
I've been shopping that one for awhile. I've been really wanting that one, but I should have pulled the trigger like couple of months ago, because it seems that they went for little over $30 then. Now it routinely goes for over $50, but it felt like with my luck, if I hesitate to pull the trigger on it now, it's gonna reach like $70, $80 range, which I'd never go for. :crazy:

Sadly, I don't. I'll try and rectify that in new year, when the bank account recovers a bit. :lol: In the meantime, I'll definitely keep an eye out for any 10 packs with that as the exclusive.

Has anyone managed to get their hands on the new Initial D HW car? I saw the 2013 car list was released and the AE86 Corolla was part of it, same livery and everything.

Lucky, the last time I went looking for it I had to wait for some toddler to finish looking through the HW area in Target and he messed up the shelving, so if there happened to be one, I missed it. Now since that it is almost December, I can't by anything because of Christmas. :rolls eyes:

SVX
Nope! :P

AE86 and red R34. :sly:

Ouch. Found two yesterday (probably was more), but wasn't really my thing so I passed.

A Hachi and a BNR..... So I guess I don't get a E-Cookie then. :lol:

But excellent pick ups though. I'll probably get those 10-packs at Walgreens when I go out next time.

McZachenF1138
Okie doke, will do. I think I'll get the Tacoma too because it's pretty dope.

Also, not sure if this is worth getting for the double error.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mczachenf138/8224188867/
Default title upload by motoblur by McZachenF138, on Flickr

Is thy the SRT GTS and a Reflex purple TH AEM S2K in that set? If you have the cash to spare, you should get it, especially that S2K.

GTPorsche
Maybe the photo idea is a better way.

Also, how do you guys store your unopened cars?

I usually keep the card with the blister. After I'm finished messing with the car(s), I just slip them back in their case. It acts like a garage and the cars don't get dusty and they retain their "brand new" scent I love smelling.

Or you can get any of those plastic tow cases or Hot Wheels carrier cases for the cars.

Maybe the photo idea is a better way.

Also, how do you guys store your unopened cars?

I've seen many store them in plastic Tupperware-type boxes that usually slide underbed, and kept out of sight that way. Also maybe cabinet drawers, and some occasionally have them pinned up on the wall.
I myself have a wall 12 X 8 feet that is covered in packaged cars, with shelving strips running the width of the middle that holds opened cars, and two side panels that are 4 X 8 expressly for packaged cars, and also a chest of drawers that holds only packaged cars, and then several other storage boxes filled with loose cars.

Keeping your collection organised is one of the important things towards truly enjoying the hobby. You don't want it to be a headache, you want to relax with it. If you still have under a hundred cars - good time to start getting organised right now.

It's all about Space Management. Merchandisers will know what I'm talking about.

If you live alone - well, no problem - your space is your own - just don't let the cars take control of your bed because then it's off to the Nessy Ford DVA Clinic. But if you live in a family - or with room-mates . . . then . . problem. Look around your personal space - look everywhere - under the bed, atop cupboards, behind doors - there is storage space to be found.

Shoe and Hat Boxes are also great for storing 'sets'.

I've got all my opened cars, which are the ones I played with growing up, in a plastic tote and it's full. My 30 unopen cars are stacked neatly into a small cardboard box currently.

My desk is covered with 1:24 models. I have shelves running opposite sides of my room covered with more 1:24 models, and a bunch of unopened NASCAR collectibles. I've been meaning to add to those shelves. Maybe now is the time to do so.

Here are the Matchbox’s and Hotwheels I got at the local flea market on Sunday.

PB270192 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Green Iroc-Z, Chrysler Daytona, IMSA Mustang and a Ford Model A.

PB270193 by commodoreben, on Flickr
57 Chev, Pontiac Firebird and a Dodge Challenger.

PB270194 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A open wheel race car, a pair of Transporters, Nissan 300ZX Turbo and a Supra.

PB270195 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Golf GTi, Audi Quattro, Porsche 928 and a Ford Sierra XR4i.

PB270197 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Citroen 15, Lamborghini Countach and a pair of Vauxhall/Opel Astra/Kadetts.

PB270200 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A pair of Group C Sauber’s and a Peugeot 205 Turbo.

PB270202 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Jeep Eagle, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Laredo, Chrysler Caravan, 4x4 Pickup and a Ford Transit.

PB270204 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Six Ford Model A Vans.

PB270207 by commodoreben, on Flickr
3 Delivery Trucks.

PB270208 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Tyrone Malone, Peterbilt Tanker, Scania T-142, Fire Engine and a Mobile Crane.

PB270189 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Also got this Hotwheels Olds 442

uuuuuuuuuurghhhhh Ben, all of them from the best era of Matchbox. You got me really jealous now. Most of those I've never even seen. Awesome grabs 👍

Anyhow, remember the guy who I've talked you all about? Yeh the guy that paints my cars and does customs too and all that. He just registered here, basically because Hot Wheels. I'll poke him a bit to make him post here. Wait.

Just wait until this week is over, giant work spree. I already have the pictures taken, I just need to photoshop them.

Also, it's not fun to make me jealous. Not for me ¬¬

EDIT: And oh, the friend's collection. Yeah, wait for that. You'll just see.

Anyhow, remember the guy who I've talked you all about? Yeh the guy that paints my cars and does customs too and all that. He just registered here, basically because Hot Wheels. I'll poke him a bit to make him post here. Wait.

Finally Cano convinced me to register in here, and yes! just because hotwheels and custom hotwheels, its been my hobby since many many years ago and hope will be for many years in the future

Yeah, walking into your room still gives me a headache. It's even worse one year later, I tell you.

Believe it or not, there is still walking room in there. Nite people.

Yeah, it looks dumb, but it's a bottle-opener. Hot Wheels that works as a tool. Who cares it doesn't look like a Bimmer, especially considering the price?

Well if it was shaped like a BMW then I might actually consider buying it! :dopey:

And that is one nice room.

Are there cars in the Corona fridge then? :lol:

You need to clean that room, Ahmed... what's the point of having stuff reach the very corners of the wall if you have all that crap on the floor preventing you from ever getting up close to it?

Also, buy more of my donors, Paint Guy.

Lucky, the last time I went looking for it I had to wait for some toddler to finish looking through the HW area in Target and he messed up the shelving, so if there happened to be one, I missed it. Now since that it is almost December, I can't by anything because of Christmas. :rolls eyes:

You can't afford a $1 car?

The recent post by 'AHMEDFINK' has certainly raised eyebrows here at the 'Nessy Ford Institute'.

I ('Dr Nessy Ford') feel it is my responsibility to inform the sufferer of this potentially deadly form of 'DVA'... He is showing all the symptoms of a very very rare strain of 'DVA' (Diecast.Vehicular.Addiction) called 'Tutan-Car-mun syndrome'.
It is a form of addiction so severe, that the sufferer entombs their entire living space with diecast, even to the point where the sufferer can no longer sleep on their own bed, or provide themselves with the basic sustenance needed for a healthy lifestyle (ie: cold drinks.. typically beer). Also, a cardboard copy of the beautiful female form, is by no means a good replacement for the real thing, (but we can appreciate his method of madness, as the real thing would consume valuable oxygen).

Hmm... the question is: Can we here at the 'Nessy Ford Institute' help him?.... Unfortunately, No. We can help ease his burden (by him Generously contributing to our cause), but to cure him completely, it just simply is not possible... much like his fiend 'Cano', he is too far gone....

Last edited:
.....................I had to wait for some toddler to finish looking through the HW area in Target............. :rolls eyes:

What the heck are these kids doing in the damn HW aisles? There should be a law against them checking out our toys, dammit. I've heard stories of at least one guy having to literally pluck a car out of one of them toddlers grabby fingers, and run out of the store. They're turning us usually well-behaved adults into criminals.

Its always fun to make you jealous Cano. Cant wait to see your friends collection ...............

You just had to taunt him, did you? That last post was killer, too - Model As!:crazy:

Anyway - now he's sicced his ratfink friend Ahmed on us. Prepare to be tortured for weeks. :nervous:

Hawk. Spit. Sneeze.

Edit: I see the good Doctor has also spoken up - TG we have professionals on site to diagnose these problems. Obviously Ahmed has to get rid of a LOT of those cars.

Back