1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,498 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I almost want to see what you guys have to say about my collection :lol:

I don't have DVA though. All my cars are contained in totes and containers.

The recent post by 'AHMEDFINK' has certainly raised eyebrows here at the 'Nessy Ford Institute'.

I ('Dr Nessy Ford') feel it is my responsibility to inform the sufferer of this potentially deadly form of 'DVA'... He is showing all the symptoms of a very very rare strain of 'DVA' (Diecast.Vehicular.Addiction) called 'Tutan-Car-mun syndrome'.
It is a form of addiction so severe, that the sufferer entombs their entire living space with diecast, even to the point where the sufferer can no longer sleep on their own bed, or provide themselves with the basic sustenance needed for a healthy lifestyle (ie: cold drinks.. typically beer). Also, a cardboard copy of the beautiful female form, is by no means a good replacement for the real thing, (but we can appreciate his method of madness, as the real thing would consume valuable oxygen).

Hmm... the question is: Can we here at the 'Nessy Ford Institute' help him?.... Unfortunately, No. We can help ease his burden (by him Generously contributing to our cause), but to cure him completely, it just simply is not possible... much like his fiend 'Cano', he is too far gone....

haha, every time I see you make one of these posts, I really wonder what did you smoke this time.

Even so, forget it, Ahmed is way worse than me. I've never met another guy as sick as him. Heck I've seen him buying to himself. That oughta say something.

I almost want to see what you guys have to say about my collection :lol:

I don't have DVA though. All my cars are contained in totes and containers.

I don't store mine anywhere anymore, I want to actually look at them. I need to build more of the shadow box frame displays, just don't have the extra cash right now. :grumpy:

....Like a dirty little secret.

We know all about you AOS, here at the 'Nessy Ford Institute'.

God forbid any household member ever opening that tote because they'll never expect to see all the carded cars I have in there.

All they know is that tote has been sitting in the middle of the trashed computer room of mine. I'm pretty sure they've never opened it though. Will need to put that in my closet after I make the damn trays for them. I may need to invest in another tote even. If I was to think about storage, there really is no where else to put any more cars...I'd have to redo my trays to store even more cars than before..

Last edited:
Even so, forget it, Ahmed is way worse than me.

If it wasn't for those pictures, I never would have believed you. Holy crap, his room is insane.

And once again, it's real nice to hear the good doctor's thought's on the matter. :lol:

The recent post by 'AHMEDFINK' has certainly raised eyebrows here at the 'Nessy Ford Institute'.

I ('Dr Nessy Ford') feel it is my responsibility to inform the sufferer of this potentially deadly form of 'DVA'... He is showing all the symptoms of a very very rare strain of 'DVA' (Diecast.Vehicular.Addiction) called 'Tutan-Car-mun syndrome'.
It is a form of addiction so severe, that the sufferer entombs their entire living space with diecast, even to the point where the sufferer can no longer sleep on their own bed, or provide themselves with the basic sustenance needed for a healthy lifestyle (ie: cold drinks.. typically beer). Also, a cardboard copy of the beautiful female form, is by no means a good replacement for the real thing, (but we can appreciate his method of madness, as the real thing would consume valuable oxygen).

Hmm... the question is: Can we here at the 'Nessy Ford Institute' help him?.... Unfortunately, No. We can help ease his burden (by him Generously contributing to our cause), but to cure him completely, it just simply is not possible... much like his fiend 'Cano', he is too far gone....

hehe yes 'Dr Nessy Ford' somebody told me years ago I was an Autoholic, some strange incurable illness, but it seems you are discovering new diseases I didnt realice I have, I have to live with that every day!! :nervous:

I actually picked up two "10"-packs (They only have... 9 cars?) yesterday that had enough cars that warranted me purchasing them. Also got the Chevy 5-pack with that sexy, sexy '55 in it. Also picked up enough singles to make my eyes bleed both yesterday and today. Found a lot of cars that I've been wanting (Celica, Bentley, Countryman WRC, Beetle).

Here's the group of cars from the "10" packs.
DuxHF.jpg

I normally avoid them due to the fictional cars, but I've always loved Maelstrom (have the First Addition always sitting near the front on my shelf) and it's been awhile since I've got a Speed Demon. (EDIT: I actually missed two. Those being the silver One-77 and '10 Mustang GT with the Police Livery. I found it odd that I got the Charger, Corvette Grand Sport, and the Mustang all in one pack, given their enforcement-themed paint jobs.)

Also, is that Cobra Concept with the Blue paint job a new casting or rare casting? It stuck out to me as odd and it doesn't appear in the Hot Wheels wiki or any other database.

I also opened up all of my F1 Racers. I don't presently know what I'm going to do with them, but we'll see!
NqHe2.jpg

Last edited:
They used to actually sell 10-packs, I mainly see them at Toys R Us now.

I just call them multi-packs.

Speaking of which, I saw a new yellow Ken Block Fiesta in a 5-pack yesterday. I may pick it up tonight on the way home.

Edit: $uper TH #7 for 2013.

BSTH.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have any good tips for displaying or storing your hot wheels? I'm tempted to open them all, but I want to keep them mint and put them up in my room as a conversational piece.

I consider myself handy enough to make things, if that helps.

Does anyone have any good tips for displaying or storing your hot wheels? I'm tempted to open them all, but I want to keep them mint and put them up in my room as a conversational piece.

I consider myself handy enough to make things, if that helps.
Make a garage out of Lego?

Depends on how much you are willing to spend. Carney Plastics has some nice stuff if you can afford to spend a bit more than most.

I made this for around $30 out of a shadowbox frame from IKEA:

(Plans to make more soon, when I get the extra cash)

DSCN4974.jpg

AHMEDFINK - Welcome to the forum. Your collection is something else. :lol: I am sorry to hear about your condition(terminal diecast vehicular addiction? lol), but we sure are glad to have you on board. :cheers:

Here are the Matchbox’s and Hotwheels I got at the local flea market on Sunday.
Cano called it his favorite era of Matchbox, I probably agree with him. Seriously nice cars. 👍
🤬 that is one amazing collection. Do you have any idea how many cars there are?
Your collection must be just about right up there, eh Ben? :D
I can but I need to put it on my X-mas wish list, because it may be an idea for a relative for a X-mas present. I'm only 13...
I realize I'm being a totally bad influence, but that's when you bug your parents for a $1 until they finally give you $5 just to leave them alone. :lol:
Edit: $uper TH #7 for 2013.
Generally love Bone Shaker, but this one's really nice. 👍

Anyway paying attention to the stupid prices the wonder bread delivery trucks are going for online? $50-60 in packages and 15-20 loose. The day before Hostess called it quits you could get these for a tenth of that. It's like the folks who spent good money on the DW, A-team, scooby.....no one has patience to wait for the crazy to die down anymore

Does this look like a $13 car to anyone else??

then again

Are these $13 cars??

Last edited:
Ugh. I'd get one as a single, but most definitely pass on the 5-pack. It's your call though. :D
Anyway paying attention to the stupid prices the wonder bread delivery trucks are going for online? $50-60 in packages and 15-20 loose. The day before Hostess called it quits you could get these for a tenth of that. It's like the folks who spent good money on the DW, A-team, scooby.....no one has patience to wait for the crazy to die down anymore

Does this look like a $13 car to anyone else??

then again

Are these $13 cars??
It is what it is. Certainly, to you, they are not. To those eBayers, well, they are putting the money where their mouth is.

Edit: Can't get over how nice Jason's display frame looks. Pure class! 👍

Last edited:
Guess what? My store now has a limited stock of JADA Toys Badge City Heats, as well as all Dollaramas (probably). So Harry, grab them... $3 at the cheapeest online, $2 at Dollarama.

I took a look at the list on Jada's page, and my store only has about a half of it in variety. If anyone wants any, hollar. http://www.jadatoysinc.com/products?brand=Badge_City_Heat

From my brief spotting, I saw:

'67 Corvette (both black and white)
'36 Master Deluxe (probably both black and white)
'59 Impala (both red and white)
'57 Suburban (black)

Didn't see a Challenger, 350Z, Charger, Bus, not sure about the Beetle, or Ford Hard Tops. I'll be in at work tomorrow again so request early!

Also, the wall tracks are out as well. Request it now before some dummies buy 'em all.

Ugh. I'd get one as a single, but most definitely pass on the 5-pack. It's your call though. :D

Pretty sure this is a 5-pack exclusive. ;) So good luck finding the single. :lol:

Edit: Can't get over how nice Jason's display frame looks. Pure class! 👍

It's arranged differently now. The like castings are actually arranged from top to bottom instead of side to side. Easier to see them that way.

Guess what? My store now has a limited stock of JADA Toys Badge City Heats, as well as all Dollaramas (probably). So Harry, grab them... $3 at the cheapeest online, $2 at Dollarama.

I took a look at the list on Jada's page, and my store only has about a half of it in variety. If anyone wants any, hollar. http://www.jadatoysinc.com/products?brand=Badge_City_Heat

From my brief spotting, I saw:

'67 Corvette (both black and white)
'36 Master Deluxe (probably both black and white)
'59 Impala (both red and white)
'57 Suburban (black)

Didn't see a Challenger, 350Z, Charger, Bus, not sure about the Beetle, or Ford Hard Tops. I'll be in at work tomorrow again so request early!

Also, the wall tracks are out as well. Request it now before some dummies buy 'em all.

Black 59 Impala, black 36 Master De Luxe, please bud.

Black 59 Impala, black 36 Master De Luxe, please bud.

Will do.

I like how these are considered 1:64s when they're more closer to 1:60 or something.

either way, I'm going to buy all of it, take the stickers off and sell them :D Going to see if I can raid a couple of more stores in the upcoming weeks.

Your collection must be just about right up there, eh Ben? :D

My collection would number in the 1000's but pretty much all of it is in storage. When I get a house of my own Ill try and get a pic of it all together in my own diecast room, or maybe 2.

Latest Posts

Back