1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Oddly, my photobucket says I have 992 cars, but my facebook albums total up to over 1000 cars.

I should recheck that some day, but if we counted customs, I'd have more than 1000 now.. that plus all the customers I'm ready to do once classes are done.

AHMEDFINK
OK here I go, this pictures were taken a year ago (time flies), now I have not 1 but 2 fridges full of hotwheels :scared:

Holy 🤬!!!!!! :eek:👍

Dude, I'm sooooooo jelly and impressed of your collection man. You got cars from Hot Wheels all the way to Revell model car assembly kits and R/C cars galore!! I...I.........I can't even see where the floor begins or the walls meet the roof of your room! Mad respect bro! :D:tup:

But Dr. Nessy said, you do have a severe case of Auto Addiction, which is a good thing though :lol:. But dude in my room with my cars, at least my walls got more girls though. Guess I have the disease of collecting cars also. :lol:

And welcome to GTPlanet and the HW and MB thread. And since you got model cars and RCs, check out the Scale Model Car thread and the R/C thread also.

P.S. And who's the girl as your "poster" for your room? ;)

At 1ness
The recent post by 'AHMEDFINK' has certainly raised eyebrows here at the 'Nessy Ford Institute'.

I ('Dr Nessy Ford') feel it is my responsibility to inform the sufferer of this potentially deadly form of 'DVA'... He is showing all the symptoms of a very very rare strain of 'DVA' (Diecast.Vehicular.Addiction) called 'Tutan-Car-mun syndrome'.
It is a form of addiction so severe, that the sufferer entombs their entire living space with diecast, even to the point where the sufferer can no longer sleep on their own bed, or provide themselves with the basic sustenance needed for a healthy lifestyle (ie: cold drinks.. typically beer). Also, a cardboard copy of the beautiful female form, is by no means a good replacement for the real thing, (but we can appreciate his method of madness, as the real thing would consume valuable oxygen).

Hmm... the question is: Can we here at the 'Nessy Ford Institute' help him?.... Unfortunately, No. We can help ease his burden (by him Generously contributing to our cause), but to cure him completely, it just simply is not possible... much like his fiend 'Cano', he is too far gone....

O_o :confused::boggled:

Dafaq?! :lol:

Well, thanks for telling me the info Dr. Nessy, I think I need to get out more often. :lol::P

R1600Turbo
Here's that Fiesta I was talking about earlier.

AOS-
You won't find that Fiesta as a single...thought a second voice would make it clearer :P

Well, if I do find it, another car for me to custom when I get the tools to do it soon. Thinking about it in blue with orange or a white body with green wheels. Hmmmm......

Snaeper
Anyone miss the Hot Wheels "Extreme" castings as much as I do?

I didn't think so.

Huh? What is a Extreme HW casting? Unless you're talking about the ones that break open when they crash (forgot what they called them.)

If not, I never, ever seen nor heard about this. :confused:

hehe yes 'Dr Nessy Ford' somebody told me years ago I was an Autoholic, some strange incurable illness, but it seems you are discovering new diseases I didnt realice I have, I have to live with that every day!! :nervous:

Seriously, cool collection man. 👍

@ commodoreben. Forgot to say how jelly i am of your new MB acquisitions. Completely forgot i used to have the BASF Sauber (loved the rear venturi on that thing) and Tyrone Malone, the IROC-Z is another i used to cherish. Great finds man. 👍

@ Vspec. I think we all suffer from these ailments, one way or the other. :lol:

Looks like Walmart's getting new dump bins...but every time I hear about new dump bins coming in at Walmarts, I never find them. Seems as though our store never gets them. :mad: On the other hand, I suppose the 2013 MB packages are coming out?

You're the dolt. I said I found them at my store. Does that remotely sound like online to you? And what makes you think I'll buy it for $3 online when I can get it cheaper at a local store?

Won a massive NIB lot through eBay. The brands are all over from Johnny to MB to HW to M2. Most the the items weren't pictured just listed in description so I honestly am not sure the age of what I'm getting. I know its over 70 items and with shipping I'm in it just $42. Gotta gamble to win. I know 5 of the cars are M2 which were expensive as 🤬 but not sure of anything more. Supposedly arriving tomorrow. :nervous:

So I was browsing HWC and in one of the sections was a thread titled "2013 Boulevard". It was posted by one of the Hotwheels designers, and inside it says:
Just finished up 2013 Blvd today. Four mixes, seven new tools (2 in the first mix, 5 in the last 2), 2 new DC chassis. Probably the hottest four mixes of any line in a long time.

You say you like screaming JDM? You say you like thundering vintage muscle? You say you like big ol' trucks? Well, I say - get ready.

So looking forward to the Boulevards this year!!! :drool:

Edit: Oh, and I want this for Christmas. Someone should buy one and send it to me. :sly:

SAM_3802.jpg

Last edited:
Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles! What's with all the name-calling in here, you ectoplasms? Don't start throwing cars at each other now. Just throw them this way.. . .

Dropped in before I head out for for three solid hours of freakin' aerobics - only to thank AOS- for the heads-up about the Jadas - picked up fifteeen of them. Not bad quality for the price - and the wheels look interesting. I see we may have a new supplier of donor wheels. 👍
Got two of the carbon Corvette. :) Looks good. Pics later tonight, hopefully.

Jason - is that the same car as the 2012 Mainline but in a different blister? Agree with Cano about the blister art - freakout awesome - retro yet modern-cool because of the Time-Machine connection.

Picked up 5 Hot Wheels and 5 Matchbox today. Will get pics posted later.

Still have to get started on taking pics of all the others I have. :crazy:

Edit: When I mentioned the Jagermeister 959 was 1:43 scale, I was wrong. It's 1:24. I need to get pics of all of those larger cars as well and possibly post some in the 1:24 scale thread. :sly:

WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD

Duuuude you have many good cars there! The first one immediately hit me because I had never seen a Lesney C111, but of course! It's a Speed Kings, a bigger (around 1:43) car and pretty rare. The others are fairly common Lesneys, but even if they are common, they are pretty valuable if in good condition. Show us more! Hell, if you can go take pictures of the actual cars your mom's got. I'll do the run-down.

Aaaaand finally, I'm actually surprised my own picrure of my own Pontiac shows up if you look for it, lol; you quoted my own car!

Ask and ye shall receive! Unfortunately, I got my facts a bit wrong, the C111 is in fact a 1970 Hot Wheels car, rather than a Lesney. Below are all the cars she has, I didn't take any photos of the buses and lorries. Excuse the rubbish photos.

First up, the Hot Wheels C111:
IMG_20121129_172627.jpg

IMG_20121129_172704.jpg

The doors open up! (that always excited me)
IMG_20121129_172830.jpg

Sideways shot :indiff:
IMG_20121129_172930.jpg

Now for some of my favourites: the Lesney Lotus and BRM F1 cars
IMG_20121129_173032.jpg

IMG_20121129_173045.jpg

IMG_20121129_173156.jpg

IMG_20121129_173215.jpg

This poor Ford GT40 (labelled as a GT) is in very bad shape, unfortunately.
IMG_20121129_173310.jpg

IMG_20121129_173319.jpg

IMG_20121129_173357.jpg

Another one of my favourites: The Jaguar Mark X
IMG_20121129_173445.jpg

IMG_20121129_173454.jpg

:dopey:
IMG_20121129_173513.jpg

IMG_20121129_173617.jpg

Fiat 1500, plus luggage
IMG_20121129_173656.jpg

IMG_20121129_173702.jpg

IMG_20121129_173803.jpg

Same as your GTO!
IMG_20121129_174038.jpg

IMG_20121129_174102.jpg

IMG_20121129_174123.jpg

Ford Corsair
IMG_20121129_174148.jpg

IMG_20121129_174155.jpg

IMG_20121129_174210.jpg

Two identical Opel Diplomats
IMG_20121129_174245.jpg

IMG_20121129_174301.jpg

IMG_20121129_174325.jpg

IMG_20121129_174351.jpg

The Land Rover
IMG_20121129_174418.jpg

IMG_20121129_174428.jpg

IMG_20121129_174511.jpg

Ford Galaxie Police Car
IMG_20121129_174528.jpg

IMG_20121129_174537.jpg

IMG_20121129_174615.jpg

And finally, a Honda trailer and motorcycle
IMG_20121129_174721.jpg

I don't know if you can see it, but there's a nifty little kick stand that folds down
IMG_20121129_174813.jpg

IMG_20121129_174845.jpg

Nice F1s & GT40, but oh my god, that Honda bike & a trailer. 👍👍
Pretty sure this is a 5-pack exclusive. ;) So good luck finding the single. :lol:
Just saying I wouldn't buy it as a part of multi-pack. ;)
You won't find that Fiesta as a single...thought a second voice would make it clearer :P
Yeah, but will it come as a single pack?
It's arranged differently now. The like castings are actually arranged from top to bottom instead of side to side. Easier to see them that way.
Yeah, I noticed that from the line up you had in there. If I made one, I think I'd do a single example of each, omitting variants & different colors.

I'd like to imagine Ben's house is so full of stuff, he's forced to live outside in a tent. :dopey:
When it comes to that point(and it will get there lol), it should be a reality TV event. Make your choice! Do you want Dr. Ness's help, or live in the tent? Ben: "Uhhh......... how big is this tent? Is it roomy?" :lol:
My collection would number in the 1000's but pretty much all of it is in storage. When I get a house of my own Ill try and get a pic of it all together in my own diecast room, or maybe 2.
That should be pretty cool project, eh? A dream project. :D
Even the blister art looks awesome.
Agreed. 👍 '13 Boulevard news is awesome, too!
Or it could even be based off the old Chara wheels:
http://www.bttf.jp/goods/charawheels.html

Regrdless, that HW looks Awesome, and like others i'm really digging the packaging. 👍
600 Yens like six bucks here. Not bad at all.

When it comes to that point(and it will get there lol), it should be a reality TV event. Make your choice! Do you want Dr. Ness's help, or live in the tent? Ben: "Uhhh......... how big is this tent? Is it roomy?" :lol:

Looking forward to seeing Ben on a future episode of "Hoarders". :lol:

Also, I hope someone near Cano knows CPR, because he's going have a heart attack when he see's Beeblebrox's post. The Honda bike with the trailer is awesome. 👍

Also, I hope someone near Cano knows CPR, because he's going have a heart attack when he see's Beeblebrox's post. The Honda bike with the trailer is awesome. 👍
I´m supposed to be the nearest person from him, but guess what?? I don´t know CPR so Cano.... Take it easy Man!

Just saying I wouldn't buy it as a part of multi-pack. ;)
Problem is if you buy it off the 'bay, the price + shipping will probably be the same as buying the 5-pack. I got this one at a grocery store that had them on sale, was $3.81 with tax.

Yeah, but will it come as a single pack?
Negative.

Yeah, I noticed that from the line up you had in there. If I made one, I think I'd do a single example of each, omitting variants & different colors.
Yeah, might look cleaner but the purpose of the display was to show all the variations for me.

Problem is if you buy it off the 'bay, the price + shipping will probably be the same as buying the 5-pack. I got this one at a grocery store that had them on sale, was $3.81 with tax.
When you put it that way, I guess it makes a ton of sense. :lol:
Negative.
Don't answer that, that was for AOS!
Yeah, might look cleaner but the purpose of the display was to show all the variations for me.
Oh, I know. 👍
Looking forward to seeing Ben on a future episode of "Hoarders". :lol:
If it ever get that bad, we will have to write to Dr Nessy for intervention!

Had a 🤬 day at work, and am ready to start looking for other places to work now. Ridiculous how they not only expect the team to clean up the store in an hour, but to expect us to stay past our shift and still work?

Anyway, here the Jadas I picked up at work, got one of each colour:

1129022255.jpg

1129022256.jpg

The extra black Deluxe is yours, Cano. The Impala however, is not. If I find another one though.

Also, I found a box of singles ready to be put out tomorrow. All 2011 stuff but some of is stuff I'll never find again. If you guys want anything, hollar.

1129022126.jpg

1129022126b.jpg

1129022126a.jpg

1129022126c.jpg

I have dibs on the 2 Duster Thruster, Triumph, 2 Datsuns, the M3s and 2 Copo Corvettes...

Can you check those two Datsuns for me? Take a look at the stripes on the hood and see if they match the graphic on the card. If they are switched, I need one.

Back