1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
More 2013 Boulevard info!

Partial release list:
  • '71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon (Yay!)
  • Renault 5 Turbo (Maybe...)
  • Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-X (Yay!)
  • '55 Corvette (Maybe...)
  • '84 Pontiac Fiero (Again?)

'55 Corvette? The one we got this year ain't the same thing?

I will however add at least one of everything listed there to my carded collection, open 2 Bluebirds (1 for custom), 4 Renaults (2 for current series, 1 for future series), 3 Corvettes (2 for customs), 3 Fiero (2 for customs).... and then I shall be hogging all the Renaults (and possibly Skylines) for wheels and maybe create a line of Derby cars.

Oh, yeah. I forgot all about the '55 Corvette.
Renault 5 Turbo (Maybe...)
What the...... :odd:

[*]'84 Pontiac Fiero (Again?)
Agreed.
I've also come to the conclusion that collectors who hoard multiples of desirable Hot Wheels to keep for themselves or sell online are @#$%^% $*!#)*#!!!!! You make the hobby suck for guys who just want to own one version of each car and don't have the time of day to search all over for them.
Replace "desirable" with "coveted" or "hard to find", maybe?

I'm not gonna lie, while I do try to leave the unneeded duplicates alone, there has been exceptions. This was one of the examples:

I think I originally took just one, then left the second one behind. Then saw the third one, then I had to take all of them to share this ridiculous photo with the guys here. Not proud of it, and don't even like these cars at all. I was just amused. :crazy: When the movie cars like Knight Rider, A-Team, Back to the Future were rare, I never took more than I needed, but still, screw taking just one. I did need more than one. :dopey:

Stopped by Wal-Mart this morning. They had their new holiday dump bins that I was hoping they would have. I didn't have much time so didn't really sort through them very much. I doubt I was the first one there, and this store has an employee scalper that takes all the good stuff. So I grabbed the new 350Z and headed on my way...

I was gonna get that last time I was at the store, but the 'sticker bombing' turned me away. :yuck:

Stopped by the Tuesday Morning store to purchase the classic NASCAR cars for Cano (missing one car from the set Cano, sorry) and then headed over to the Hotwheels meet to see what they had.

I bought everything you see in this photo for $8. I think that works to about 50% off retail. :D

DSCN52291.jpg

More 2013 Boulevard info!

Partial release list:
  • '71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon (Yay!)
  • Renault 5 Turbo (Maybe...)
  • Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-X (Yay!)
  • '55 Corvette (Maybe...)
  • '84 Pontiac Fiero (Again?)

So i take it the B-bird Wagon won't be released as a mainline (anytime soon). Typical Hot wheels.... 👎 *considers emigrating to the US*

Stopped by the Tuesday Morning store to purchase the classic NASCAR cars for Cano (missing one car from the set Cano, sorry) and then headed over to the Hotwheels meet to see what they had.

I need to know more about these and where they are. Because I want that Pennzoil Celica among other things.

Forgot this:

Did you know...

...that Gran Turismo once had it's own trading cards, the Hint Cards? ;)

Some of them look like this:
4053693310_e591829771.jpg

(courtesy of DogusTurkay - I think he posts at Assemblergames)

...that Tomica made 1/64 (IIRC?) scale of GT1 cars (and also for GT2)?

6600708595_d9376d7210_z.jpg

6266781640_138639f49a_z.jpg

(courtesy of GT-R_54, at Assemblergames - if you post here, please show up)

There maybe other merchandise-like things out there. Feedbacks please! :D

^^^ WHAT!?!?!?

I need to know more about these and where they are. Because I want that Pennzoil Celica among other things.

This one is on Gilbert/Baseline, might be a drive for you. There's another one on the first Thursday of each month at the Denny's on 24th Ave & Northern which might be a bit closer to you.

Replace "desirable" with "coveted" or "hard to find", maybe?

Desirable and coveted are essentially the same word, first off. But no, replace it with nothing. I can understand if someone takes a couple of treasure hunts. I still dislike them, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. They're rare, grab them while you can. But if a car isn't TH rare and someone just really likes it, you are a real scum if you buy as many as you can in one sitting.

^^^ WHAT!?!?!?

This one is on Gilbert/Baseline, might be a drive for you. There's another one on the first Thursday of each month at the Denny's on 24th Ave & Northern which might be a bit closer to you.

They're actually about the same distance apart according to Google Maps. How often is the Gilbert/Baseline one? And do you know any stores that sell old hot wheels? There was one displaying some merch at PhoenixCon in 2011, I'd like to know if they're still around.

They're actually about the same distance apart according to Google Maps. How often is the Gilbert/Baseline one? And do you know any stores that sell old hot wheels? There was one displaying some merch at PhoenixCon in 2011, I'd like to know if they're still around.

Every Friday night, parking lot in front of Hobby Town next to the Fry's Marketplace.

No stores that I know of, other than flea markets which I have no idea where they are.

There were twelve varieties at the store I hit - there is another store nearby that I may visit tomorrow. If there are any varieties you cannot locate I might be able to source them for you, Andy. I picked up a few doubles for customising including this Corvette. I aim to convert it from a police car to a racing (stealth) version.

Thanks again for the alert - the pegs were already raided - I nabbed only one of the Caddys and I did want another to custom. The white walls on the Caddy and FD Mercury are great for swapping - no need for messy painting of whitewalls. Cheaper than Boulevards, too.

IMG_0602.jpg

The GT-R is Jada's version of a 'Boulevard' line (Tracksters)

Did you also find short cards as well?

I posted a photo of what I had on Thursday night (I think I dropped one of the white Ambulance in my friend's car on the way home), and that's as much of a variety it gets...

You got the Chargers, Stingrays, Buses, COEs, Mercs, and El Dorados....

while I only have the Corvettes, Deluxe Masters, black Surburbans, Bel Airs, and '34 Fords. I really hope it's not one case we got because I took half the stuff already :lol: I want to go check another store tomorrow morning.

:lol:

Caddy is the nicest one. Niiice. :D
Desirable and coveted are essentially the same word, first off. But no, replace it with nothing. I can understand if someone takes a couple of treasure hunts. I still dislike them, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. They're rare, grab them while you can. But if a car isn't TH rare and someone just really likes it, you are a real scum if you buy as many as you can in one sitting.
So hoarding or scalping Treasure Hunts are acceptable, but absolutely not models that are not at all rare. OK, I don't get it, but whatever. :lol:

So hoarding or scalping Treasure Hunts are acceptable, but absolutely not models that are not at all rare. OK, I don't get it, but whatever. :lol:

Sounds like butthurt. I hoard stuff; it's not a written rule nor have I walked into other collectors often let alone getting into a mess with one.

Should I assume there are other collectors who go to the same stores as I go to? No. Not until I actually see one.

Should I assume that if I leave stuff for others that they'll do the same? No. No agreement was made. If I wanted more than one then I'll buy more than one.

I think Snaeper's just venting, Ninja, I think I know what he means - like you go to get some common one - like a Rover or a Batmobile - and someone just swiped them all just to make them scarce and drive the market value up - whereas we just want one in our collections. However - I am guilty of buying multiples, too - but I would do so even if I was the only person in the world - and had nothing to gain from anybody. Sometimes I buy three - one for open stock, one for customising - and maybe one for the wall display. On occasion I have bought as much as four - an additional one for giving to one of my buddies in the neighborhood who also collect.

One more reason I buy multiples - and it has nothing to do with collecting. Some of my dioramas need it - for instance a fleet of the same buses or patrol cars.

There are people though who will take everything of one variation from the pegs - I've seen them do it - though if the motive is to simply amplify the value through scarcity and then meet the demand with a higher price, it is a most ignorant way of putting one's bread on the table.
Hurting others to survive is counter-culture to the theory that we are evolving towards being divine beings - we should have more than the ambitions of coacervates in a swamp.

Andy - I see the ones you have are a different selection.

More of the Corvette. Ace should get this.

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Fair to say there are quite few of us in this thread who will grab multiples for various reasons. One for stock, one for customizing, another for displaying, those are pretty common reasons. Another I started to take notice lately is for 'trading'. Perhaps it's time Snaeper hooked up with traders in the community(including some in this very thread). If he/she's just after standard mainline cars, it can't be very hard getting little help in trade, or getting tips on where you might look. :)

And you guys know this ninja never vent. Never. :P

Dang. Haven't seen those cars in awhile. Where did you find them again? *edit I do see K-Mart on the bottom one.

Heads up: If anybody's interested in a beautiful Greenlight Challenger, this eBay auction has it for $5(by submitting "best offer"), free shipping. I think it's the same one Jason used for the "Vanishing" custom job?

Ho hum.

:lol: Alright, alright, they're good cars, Porshaman - else we won't be all having them too. Enjoy! 👍

Edit: Dang - that Challenger gives me a charge. What a hot red.

Got to get out of eBay and stay on the Planet.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back