1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Switched tampo? No idea, a local guy that collects variations told me about it and figured I have almost all of them now I might as well have that one too. :lol:

Him finding a car with tampos printed incorrectly doesn't seem deliberate IMO. It in all honesty sounds like an error that coincidentally happened in one case or something.

At 1ness
@ Vspec. I think we all suffer from these ailments, one way or the other. :lol:

So true, I know mine can kick up like crazy when I have alot of money and there's a fleet of cars I need for my collection. :lol:

And don't get me started when I have to find space.

AOS-
Just grab the white Fiesta and rremove the tampos. :P

I could do that, but if I run into another one, it's staying closed, unless there's two at the same or different store and I don't see anything else. :P

Mostly, it is a tough idea on what design I want to do though. But I want to change that yellow ASAP.

R1600Turbo
So I was browsing HWC and in one of the sections was a thread titled "2013 Boulevard". It was posted by one of the Hotwheels designers, and inside it says:

So looking forward to the Boulevards this year!!! :drool:

Edit: Oh, and I want this for Christmas. Someone should buy one and send it to me. :sly:

Thanks for the heads up on the '13 Blvds. And I'll keep my eyes out, if I can find one.

@AOS: I would say I'll take the E92 M3s and the yellow BB 510. I'll see what I can do first. And is that a Hyundai Genesis I see? I think Medigo was looking at one of the 2011 ones.....

Hey Medigo, Kevin!

WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD

Oh dear! Dude you have some pretty relevant cars there. You should not say "unfortunately", all the contrary, the Hot Wheels Redline C111 is an amazing piece, and it's almost mint!! You've got a pretty rare and valuable car right there.

The Lesney Matchbox cars are all in good/decent shape but for the most part pretty common with the exception of the red Fiat with luggage. I don't even recall ever seeing it before in red, there's a turqoise one that pops up everywhere. That's not to say they are not valuable and good cars, you have an awesome little collection there, I'm missing some myself!

Also, I hope someone near Cano knows CPR, because he's going have a heart attack when he see's Beeblebrox's post. The Honda bike with the trailer is awesome. 👍

I´m supposed to be the nearest person from him, but guess what?? I don´t know CPR so Cano.... Take it easy Man!

Screw you both. It's only envy.

The extra black Deluxe is yours, Cano. The Impala however, is not. If I find another one though.

Awww. Ok :guilty:

I know Kowman was looking for a Gen. I only had one and didn't want to let it go. I did say I had dibs on both M3s, but after a second thought, I don't really need it, probably not as much as you anyway.

AOS-
I know Kowman was looking for a Gen. I only had one and didn't want to let it go. I did say I had dibs on both M3s, but after a second thought, I don't really need it, probably not as much as you anyway.

Yeah, I hope Kevin post soon, he'll go nuts about that Hyundai.

Are you sure? Because if you want them, I know stores that still sell 2011s and/or I can wait until the Laguna Blau E92. So I can wait though.

Stopped by Wal-Mart this morning. They had their new holiday dump bins that I was hoping they would have. I didn't have much time so didn't really sort through them very much. I doubt I was the first one there, and this store has an employee scalper that takes all the good stuff. So I grabbed the new 350Z and headed on my way...

IMG_20121130_090234.jpg

Or we have an early bird.... earlier than you were. :P

No it's well known by all collectors in the area about the employee. Every time I'm talking to another collector at the Friday night meets and I mention that store they say the same thing.

To be devil's advocate, that could have been one rumour that got spread around like how these people told you, which then you spread to others with no hard evidence.

What you should do is sit down, have a cup of coffee, open it and remember you should open any 5 packs you find, since most of them don't hold a lot of value.

More 2013 Boulevard info!

Partial release list:
  • '71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon (Yay!)
  • Renault 5 Turbo (Maybe...)
  • Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-X (Yay!)
  • '55 Corvette (Maybe...)
  • '84 Pontiac Fiero (Again?)

Pics!

Edit: pic removed.

Renault1.jpg

Last edited:
The 2012 pack has the blue 512m, a red p4, a black with red rims 430, a red fxx, and a yellow 308 gts. The 2011 pack has a red 599 gtb, a black 355 spider, a red 550, a yellow daytona, and a red 456m.

Last edited:
Just went to my WalMart and there wasn't a drop bin in sight. The shelves themselves were pretty picked over so I left empty handed. Went to target and got quite a bit of loot, though. Finally got the Mars Rover! Pics...

BQGga.jpg

Lost my mind over that Chevy Monza and CRX. Why will I never find a Batman-live Batmobile?

I've also come to the conclusion that collectors who hoard multiples of desirable Hot Wheels to keep for themselves or sell online are @#$%^% $*!#)*#!!!!! You make the hobby suck for guys who just want to own one version of each car and don't have the time of day to search all over for them.

What you should do is sit down, have a cup of coffee, open it and remember you should open any 5 packs you find, since most of them don't hold a lot of value.

So I should just open all of my 5-packs, too? I've got the recent Chevy one, Shelby, 2012 and 2010 Ferrari's, and 2010(?) VW's.

Why will I never find a Batman-live Batmobile?
The Walgreens on Gilbert/Guadalupe has a few. :)

I've also come to the conclusion that collectors who hoard multiples of desirable Hot Wheels to keep for themselves or sell online are @#$%^% $*!#)*#!!!!! You make the hobby suck for guys who just want to own one version of each car and don't have the time of day to search all over for them.

👍

👍 X2 same in here!!

Yes, yes to that. 👍 👍

I removed the semi-truck photo from my Boulevard post because one of the HW designers posted that it was a rejected design and the final product will be different.

First Walgreen's bore an unexpected surprise, but no Batmobile's. Went to an Albertson's which fueled my addiction for awhile a few years ago and then the second Walgreen's which also bore no fruit... at first. After digging through an endcap and the standard section, I bought two 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate bars and went out to my car, only to decide to go back in and ask if someone could dig through the back.

The Manager was very nice and said he hadn't seen any Batmobiles, but offered to dig through the shipper and sure enough. I asked for two, only because I have a friend who is huge into Batman and his Birthday is coming up (otherwise I would've gotten only one).

FCqfD.jpg

You can also see the unexpected fruit I got from the first Walgreen's.

Back