1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, was Kmart as they had them on sale for 79 cents.

Not that I don't have 2 Targets, Walmart and a few other stores to pick from. :lol:

I generally have better luck with Walmart. Happy hunting! :D
Ho hum.

:lol: Alright, alright, they're good cars, Porshaman - else we won't be all having them too. Enjoy! 👍

Well, he's just restarting up the hobby, and like you said, they are solid choices. 👍

Dang. Haven't seen those cars in awhile. Where did you find them again? *edit I do see K-Mart on the bottom one.

Heads up: If anybody's interested in a beautiful Greenlight Challenger, this eBay auction has it for $5(by submitting "best offer"), free shipping. I think it's the same one Jason used for the "Vanishing" custom job?

First of all, $5.99 is technically $6. :P

And yes, that's the same one. Mine is still in pieces because I don't have any paint stripper here with me. I have a can at my parents house, about an hour away. And I'm not spending money on another can. So full custom jobs are kind of on hold at the moment.

First of all, $5.99 is technically $6. :P

And yes, that's the same one. Mine is still in pieces because I don't have any paint stripper here with me. I have a can at my parents house, about an hour away. And I'm not spending money on another can. So full custom jobs are kind of on hold at the moment.
Paaaay attention, Jason. $5 using the "best offer", that's how much I paid. I'm cheap so I offered $4.50 first, and was rejected. :P Seller has the best offer response on a automatic. I didn't think you'd want one, but don't these go in stores for $4+? Taking in the free shipping into account, for someone who love Greenlight(and Challenger!), it's a deal.

Good evening fellows!

Yeah, was Kmart as they had them on sale for 79 cents.

Not that I don't have 2 Targets, Walmart and a few other stores to pick from. :lol:

79 cents each?! 👍 Now you're earning my respect.

Also forgot to mention - great score back there, R1600Turbo, getting all that stuff cheap - and all awesome cars, man.

I think Snaeper's just venting, Ninja, I think I know what he means - like you go to get some common one - like a Rover or a Batmobile - and someone just swiped them all just to make them scarce and drive the market value up - whereas we just want one in our collections. However - I am guilty of buying multiples, too - but I would do so even if I was the only person in the world - and had nothing to gain from anybody. Sometimes I buy three - one for open stock, one for customising - and maybe one for the wall display. On occasion I have bought as much as four - an additional one for giving to one of my buddies in the neighborhood who also collect.

One more reason I buy multiples - and it has nothing to do with collecting. Some of my dioramas need it - for instance a fleet of the same buses or patrol cars.

There are people though who will take everything of one variation from the pegs - I've seen them do it - though if the motive is to simply amplify the value through scarcity and then meet the demand with a higher price, it is a most ignorant way of putting one's bread on the table.

Precisely this, especially the last part in bold. If you want to own a few variations and have good intentions for them, fine by me. But if you're buying common yet desirable cars just to sit on them and then sell them later... you're killing the enthusiasm for the hobby and making cars that should be common, rare and expensive. Kill the idea of "Oh, I like this one, I'm going to buy all eight of them right here and now." and replace it with, "Every time I come across one of these on my daily outings, I'll purchase one. But I won't hoard an entire store's worth in one sitting, especially if I'm not going to do anything with them."

The Batman Live Batmobile and the Mars Rover are two examples of cars that I think were well harvested even though they were supposed to be fairly common. I probably wouldn't have even known about them if it weren't for this thread and had to ask the manager of a store to dig through a box in the back just to get some Batmobile's.

And it is mostly venting. I see video's online of guys with shopping cart's full of Hot Wheels and have to honestly ask myself what anyone should do with a shopping cart full of Hot Wheels.

Fair to say there are quite few of us in this thread who will grab multiples for various reasons. One for stock, one for customizing, another for displaying, those are pretty common reasons. Another I started to take notice lately is for 'trading'. Perhaps it's time Snaeper hooked up with traders in the community(including some in this very thread). If he/she's just after standard mainline cars, it can't be very hard getting little help in trade, or getting tips on where you might look. :)

And you guys know this ninja never vent. Never. :P

In one part, I understand. In another part, if people only took one car to begin with, nobody would have to worry about trading half as much as they do now! With trading being reserved for the truly rare cars.

Every Friday night, parking lot in front of Hobby Town next to the Fry's Marketplace.

No stores that I know of, other than flea markets which I have no idea where they are.

We should meet up some time!

Ever been to the weekend Swap meet at the Dog track? It's been years since I've been, but you can most likely find anything you're looking for there. And things you weren't.

Last edited:
R1600Turbo
More 2013 Boulevard info!

Partial release list:

[*]'71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon (Yay!)
[*]Renault 5 Turbo (Maybe...)
[*]Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-X (Yay!)
[*]'55 Corvette (Maybe...)
[*]'84 Pontiac Fiero (Again?)

BB 510 Wagon..... I'll take three! :D

Renault 5 Turbo...... Three also! :D

Hakoskua 2000GT-X...... Two, or three. Love me some KPGCs! :D

C1 Vette...... Two, or maybe three. For my Corvette collection. ;)

Fiero........ WTF?!?! Not that MR2 wannabe :yuck:👎

Snaeper
Just went to my WalMart and there wasn't a drop bin in sight. The shelves themselves were pretty picked over so I left empty handed. Went to target and got quite a bit of loot, though. Finally got the Mars Rover! Pics...

Lost my mind over that Chevy Monza and CRX. Why will I never find a Batman-live Batmobile?

I've also come to the conclusion that collectors who hoard multiples of desirable Hot Wheels to keep for themselves or sell online are @#$%^% $*!#)*#!!!!! You make the hobby suck for guys who just want to own one version of each car and don't have the time of day to search all over for them.

So I should just open all of my 5-packs, too? I've got the recent Chevy one, Shelby, 2012 and 2010 Ferrari's, and 2010(?) VW's.

Dude, you hit the jackpot on some cool cars, congrats! ;)👍

And I do agree about those 🤬 scalpers. Always ruining the collecting world by hogging over 20 cars and selling them at a outrageous price, like $100 dollars. They're a waste of air in my book, just like wannabe car enthusiasts, wannabe gamers, wannabe tech guys and fanboys. :mad:

Yep, I'm guilty of buying more than 1 car, heck, we all do it, especially a car that we like. I usually get three, rarely I'll get 4-6 cars, because I want one to open, play with and display. One for collecting and maybe sell in the future. Some to modify and to trade with friends.

Snaeper
First Walgreen's bore an unexpected surprise, but no Batmobile's. Went to an Albertson's which fueled my addiction for awhile a few years ago and then the second Walgreen's which also bore no fruit... at first. After digging through an endcap and the standard section, I bought two 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate bars and went out to my car, only to decide to go back in and ask if someone could dig through the back.

The Manager was very nice and said he hadn't seen any Batmobiles, but offered to dig through the shipper and sure enough. I asked for two, only because I have a friend who is huge into Batman and his Birthday is coming up (otherwise I would've gotten only one).

You can also see the unexpected fruit I got from the first Walgreen's.

All I can say is....... Goldmime!!! Man, you're finding some good cars, within a day!

Nice, and what you did about asking the manager is a good idea, even if they say no, it's a good thing. They could give you a date or time to check back or if they're nice, can keep a eye for you as well. ;)

R1600Turbo
Stopped by the Tuesday Morning store to purchase the classic NASCAR cars for Cano (missing one car from the set Cano, sorry) and then headed over to the Hotwheels meet to see what they had.

I bought everything you see in this photo for $8. I think that works to about 50% off retail. :D

That R35!!!! :eek:

MINE!!!! :D

SVX
Forgot this:

:eek:👍
Aadfhhddhkkvkkgfdustsyjv!!! O_o :crazy:

Tomica made some of the cars from GT1 and GT2?!?!?!

They are mine, I tell ya...... MINE!!!!

Phew.... *drinks water*

photonrider
I think Snaeper's just venting, Ninja, I think I know what he means - like you go to get some common one - like a Rover or a Batmobile - and someone just swiped them all just to make them scarce and drive the market value up - whereas we just want one in our collections. However - I am guilty of buying multiples, too - but I would do so even if I was the only person in the world - and had nothing to gain from anybody. Sometimes I buy three - one for open stock, one for customising - and maybe one for the wall display. On occasion I have bought as much as four - an additional one for giving to one of my buddies in the neighborhood who also collect.

One more reason I buy multiples - and it has nothing to do with collecting. Some of my dioramas need it - for instance a fleet of the same buses or patrol cars.

There are people though who will take everything of one variation from the pegs - I've seen them do it - though if the motive is to simply amplify the value through scarcity and then meet the demand with a higher price, it is a most ignorant way of putting one's bread on the table.
Hurting others to survive is counter-culture to the theory that we are evolving towards being divine beings - we should have more than the ambitions of coacervates in a swamp.

👍

MBX Lotus Europa Special with its 1:43 Kyosho counterpart:

8235183248_f55d940881_c.jpg

I finally got that Bat-thing. There were two up front, this older guy was going through them. I was behind him when he grabbed the first one, asked if he would let me have the second one, he was cool about it. I should have come back later to check those pegs, since that was the very first time I saw the Bat-thing, but I didn't have the time. :crazy: Here's all I got:

Porsche 959 from eBay:

And at last, Texas Drive 'Em RLC(limited to 4,000):

00.jpg

It's a beauty. It's also spendy, but I had to have this one. :lol:

Last edited:
Reorganized my display for only the Nissan cars that I have. All the open space is cars that are missing. :eek:

I'll do this a few more times for Mazda, Honda, etc. Going to get a couple more frames in a couple weeks.

DSCN52301.jpg

The truck is kickass.

Thanks man, yeah, it is kickass. I've wanted it ever since seeing the painted dirtbikes on the back of it on RLC website. :lol: They usually go for around $50 on eBay, and I didn't want to spend that much, but I really didn't see those prices coming down either. I ended up paying something like $46, $47, but I'm just glad I got my hands on my first serial #'d Hot Wheel. :D
Reorganized my display for only the Nissan cars that I have. All the open space is cars that are missing. :eek:
Are you, like, really going to try filling that up with all Nissans?

This video will do, but you should really watch the entire clip here.

Get some 240Zs at your meets!

Thanks broseph. :)👍

I forgot to ask:

I've seen that blue R34 GT-R before, huh?(top-center) Sandwiched between the old silver one and a new red one. I take it from those wheels that it's also from something like 2010? I like it. 👍

Somehow I won this lot on eBay for less than $25 shipped. Consider me pleased.

IMG_0804.jpg

Also, one of the many antique malls by me had black friday booth sales and the hotwheels guy was 40% off!! Walked away with everything here for $31 and change. I paid the most for the Toy club cars -- $5.40 each.

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

A few close ups for this set.

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

but the star is this camaro...Very limited production

IMG_0811.jpg

I've seen that blue R34 GT-R before, huh?(top-center) Sandwiched between the old silver one and a new red one. I take it from those wheels that it's also from something like 2010? I like it. 👍
It's a recolor from the silver one, same year. And yes, all the space you see is variations of the cars already in there that are missing from my collection. Plus a few empty spots for extra space, just in case they come out with more. :sly:

missing this one?

13/04/11 by smiglo, on Flickr

I'm happy to help you :)
Yes, but shipping from Scotland wouldn't make it worth it for me. Thanks anyway.

You have so little 350Zs, Jason. :P

I'm working on it! :P

Somehow I won this lot on eBay for less than $25 shipped. Consider me pleased.

Also, one of the many antique malls by me had black friday booth sales and the hotwheels guy was 40% off!! Walked away with everything here for $31 and change. I paid the most for the Toy club cars -- $5.40 each.

Oh go to hell. The first lot was peanuts considering what it contains, an experimental card! awesome :0 And that black Chevy truck looks awesome with the widewhites.

As for the rest, I have two of those Mustangs loose. Now I know where they come from. And indeed the Camaro is pretty damn limited. You almost stole it :0

It's a recolor from the silver one, same year. And yes, all the space you see is variations of the cars already in there that are missing from my collection. Plus a few empty spots for extra space, just in case they come out with more. :sly:
You might be able to finish it, if you cheat and throw Tomicas, Matchbox & some Maistos in there. :P

Well had a shopping spree both yesterday and today! Dollar General was selling Hot Wheels for 75 cents!:D Kit Kringle had more Hot Wheels than usual there, got a few Hot Wheels Corgi castings there:D, might go back again later to get some more.:sly:

Yesterdays purchases:
Ferrari Testarossa (Corgi) with 5SP's to go with my other one with lace wheels.:D
2012-12-01-175004.jpg

BMW 850i. I was so jelly that my brother had one when i didn't, so i decided to get one for myself.:dopey:
2012-12-01-175053.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette (Corgi) with opening hood.:drool: This was the one I was telling you about Cano.;)
2012-12-01-175106.jpg

View with the hood opened.:drool:
2012-12-01-175142.jpg

A Tech Tones series Audi Avus to complete my collection.
2012-12-01-175200.jpg

Finally got an Alien for me. This one is from 1988?!:odd: That's a first!:dopey: I think Kit Kringle is starting to get vehicles from the late '80s now!:eek:
2012-12-01-175212.jpg

A BMW M1 with a mistaken identity of a Street Beast!:lol: It said street Beast on the blister and 50's retro styling as well when I knew that wasn't true.:lol:
2012-12-01-175231.jpg

Finally decided to get one of these.
2012-12-01-175319.jpg

A few my brother picked up:

A Silver Series II Dump Truck with a black bed to go with his other one with a chrome bed. Dump truck hog!:mad: :lol:
2012-12-01-175256.jpg

'68 Mustang
2012-12-01-175306.jpg

2007 Redline's Nova
2012-12-01-175339.jpg

Today's purchases from Dollar General:
Ferrari 5 pack
2012-12-01-175532.jpg

Mustang Super Snake
2012-12-01-175422.jpg

Harley Davidson "Fatboy"
2012-12-01-175358.jpg

Edit: Reuploaded since I no longer need Photobucket.

Last edited:
If anyone has a Maisto Studebaker Starliner... does the backside of your bonnet have numbers on it? :lol:

It says "06153

06153".

The Chevy Express Vans have chassis plates that look like someone put a bunch of dimples on it. I have 2 and both are like this. Someone's up to no good over in the sweatshops :lol:

Only I said that.... do whatever you want with it. Are you really going to let strangers on the web tell you what to do with your own toys?

Back