1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I'm at a slightly distant Toys R Us and Jason, would you be at all interested in a Fire Rods Civic Si?

The 850 is a Hot Wheel. Silver one that has opening doors are the Corgi casting. I have both of those as well.
Yea i know that now, i was half asleep when i typed that post.:lol:
I love the Corvette & red line Nova, man. Good job! 👍
Thank you!:) I couldn't resist when i saw that Vette, i just had to have it!:D Got to love the Corgi castings, im so glad mattel bought them:tup: As for the Nova, my brother got that one. It is a good looking vehicle.👍 All the ones released then were good looking.👍
P.S. I finally opened that 5-pack featuring weinermobile & the radio flyer? Radio flyer rocks!
Indeed it does!👍 When i was young i used to get the Radio Flyer Wagon and the Express Lane mixed up alot and i don't know why.:lol:
Are you saying these are the Corgi castings that Hotwheels acquired?
Precisely. All but the BMW however.;)
Also - your photography is improving. A bit more focus (maybe Macro function - or good use of zoom and support for your arm when you take the shot) might help more.
Oh thank you!:D:tup: Im using my PS Vita camera to take these photos and it doesn't have all these fancy features.:indiff: If i had a better camera i would take better pictures.:indiff:
Wrong.

Hot Wheels casting:

Corgi/HW Casting:
Yea i can see that now.:lol:
You could say that.:lol: My mind was else where when i typed that post, if i had been wide awake i would have caught it. This is embarassing.:ouch:
Speaking of Corgi, Cano the guy with the "moving van" full of Hotwheels has a bunch of Corgi castings. Problem is he wants $2 each or 3 for $5. I told him I might be back for them. Ones I remember off the top of my head:

- The Corvette pictured on last page
- Same Corvette w/ HW Racing tampos
- Porsche 959?
- London Taxi
- Pontiac Firebird

May have been a couple others...
He's asking for alittle much in my opinion, most i ever pay for them is 99 cents, ether way, take them all!:dopey:
That BMW 8 Series and C4 Vette!!! You got me jelly again! :grumpy: Hand them over...
Over my dead body?:lol: (sarcasm) I just had to have them!:D

Last edited:
Nice cars bro! The 959 and the truck loos amazing. And you got a gem on the truck, a rare piece. Could be worth something in the future. :)
Thanks V-Man. :) And yes, Texas Drive 'Em's partially an investment. At least that's what I told myself. :P
Kevin, KEVIN! Where are you? Got some good deals here!
So Medigo's Kevin! I have figured AOS is Andy awhile back. If I had common first name, I'd share it, but I only give it to people I somewhat know. :dopey:
All the ones released then were good looking.👍
True. When I come across line-ups from very early releases, I have harder time finding any weak links. Newer releases, not so much. :crazy:
Indeed it does!👍 When i was young i used to get the Radio Flyer Wagon and the Express Lane mixed up alot and i don't know why.:lol:
They do look alike. I thought it was Express Lane by the first quick glance at my multi-pack!

To my luck, the short cards at work were going to be sold for $2 each.... :grumpy: I bought 23 anyway.

I found another Jada case at work and it's the same case as the first. I can grab one of everything else for you if you'll do the same for me, Harry.

Also, I got you the Black Impala, Canoe.

Birthday present from my aunt, she never knows what to get me, so I picked out this. :lol: Mainly got it for the AMC, '13 2002 & Black TR6.

001 by VC SL/E, on Flickr

There is also the black Z28 I almost bought the other day. Flat black TR6 would look really cool with a wheel-swap!

Those half-assed paintjobs they throw in 10-pack exclusives are tempting since you know you can't buy it in any other way. I was tempted by the TR6 myself, but I'm glad I didn't cave, because I know I can always just paint one that colour if I really wanted.

Those half-assed paintjobs they throw in 10-pack exclusives are tempting since you know you can't buy it in any other way. I was tempted by the TR6 myself, but I'm glad I didn't cave, because I know I can always just paint one that colour if I really wanted.

What's funny is they sell those multi-packs on the fact that it has an "exclusive color" car, which in actuality it has more than just the one exclusive car. That Triumph for example is only available in that color in multi-packs. There is also some cars with different wheels, only available in multi-packs. (Datsun 510 & Mazda Furai with the Chrome FTE wheels, etc)

And the Aston DBS...which I'm no longer the only one here to have anymore. Tsch

Anyway, I grabbed all 3 Datsuns at work and none of them are the Stripe variety you want.

Hey, I have that car at the top, next to the "exclusive" car. I got it in the 3-pack, and it's pretty much one of the worst car ever. I only saved it, so I can shoot it or something later. :lol:

Out of the old five pack I bought with the wienermobile, two of the cars, I already pitched into trash! In hindsight, I should have harvested the wheels. Too late. :crazy:

Anyway, I grabbed all 3 Datsuns at work and none of them are the Stripe variety you want.

No big deal I didn't even leave a space for it in my display. :lol:

Forgot to mention, I found the Matchbox "BAT" at Target on Saturday. 👍

Also, I have A LOT of loose cars that I really need/want to get rid of. Most of them you guys have seen in my trade bucket photos, but there's some new stuff. No picking and choosing, if someone wants the whole lot I would get rid of them at a killer price. Just want them gone.

Also, I got you the Black Impala, Canoe.

yaaaaay!!!

Also, I have A LOT of loose cars that I really need/want to get rid of. Most of them you guys have seen in my trade bucket photos, but there's some new stuff. No picking and choosing, if someone wants the whole lot I would get rid of them at a killer price. Just want them gone.

Pic.

Chevrolet Corvette (Corgi) with opening hood.:drool: This was the one i was telling you about Cano.;)
2012-12-01-175106.jpg

View with hood opened.:drool:
2012-12-01-175142.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have that 'Vette in Corgi form.

Forgot to mention, I found the Matchbox "BAT" at Target on Saturday. 👍
What is that? Will you post a pic of it sometime?

I've been checking out Matchbox sometimes, but I haven't been going through them or anything. If this is some cool deal, I might have to look for it. :D

Will take 3-4 pics. In the next few days maybe.

What is that? Will you post a pic of it sometime?

I've been checking out Matchbox sometimes, but I haven't been going through them or anything. If this is some cool deal, I might have to look for it. :D

You'll find it in the "Flight" series or whatever it is, not in the mainline Matchbox. So look for planes & helicopters.

Matchbox on Left, Hot Wheels on Right.

DSCN52311.jpg

You'll find it in the "Flight" series or whatever it is, not in the mainline Matchbox. So look for planes & helicopters.

Matchbox on Left, Hot Wheels on Right.

DSCN52311.jpg

Is the Hot Wheels version off the shelves completely?

Yeah it's release window is over. Might still find it at stores carrying mid-to-late '12 cars.

Forgot to mention the Matchbox version was on sale, after tax was like $3.10.

Yeah, I've bought those Matchbox planes for my nephew before. They usually go for around $3?

I just found the Hot Wheels one Saturday. As I said, this store had two on the very front! Lot of these stores have old inventory they never got around to filling their pegs. :crazy:

Yeah it's release window is over. Might still find it at stores carrying mid-to-late '12 cars.

Forgot to mention the Matchbox version was on sale, after tax was like $3.10.

I figured as much, was hoping Grocery stores or something might have it.

I've got a sudden itch to collect as many of the Batmobile's as I can.

:D
Hey, I have that car at the top, next to the "exclusive" car. I got it in the 3-pack, and it's pretty much one of the worst car ever.

That's the thing about multi-packs, there's always one or two cars that are completely horrid. And that one is worst. :yuck:
I only saved it, so I can shoot it or something later. :lol:

:lol:

I need some help ......................

Yes, you do. Call the Nessy Ford Clinic immediately. ;)

If you find doubles of those, let me know. I'll pay the shipping, thanks.

Edit: Gosh - this thread is busy - too many posts to respond to !

Zack - I found a third Bimmer - another without the Bs. I wasn't sure until I had a look in an older box.

DSCN0157.jpg

2013 Blue Aston is in:

DSCN0148.jpg

Mercury definitely rising over the new Drag Merc:

DSCN0149.jpg

And, yes - what is life without a Firebird being chased by the cops:

DSCN0153.jpg

Last edited:
a6m5
Thanks V-Man. :) And yes, Texas Drive 'Em's partially an investment. At least that's what I told myself. :P

So Medigo's Kevin! I have figured AOS is Andy awhile back. If I had common first name, I'd share it, but I only give it to people I somewhat know. :dopey:

No problem bro. That truck can be a goldmime later.

And yep, Medigo is Kevin and from hearing him wanting a 2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track or 2.0 Turbo and a Crown for repping his WIP Crown he's working on (there's a thread about his build at the automotive section and he asks questions and advice to some of the members on the site). So I know he'll flip when he see them.

And my name is Phil also, but sorry for getting off topic, but what's yours?

At 1ness
Hello my new best friend. :lol:

I think he's everyone's friend now. ;):lol:

Spacegoat
Birthday present from my aunt, she never knows what to get me, so I picked out this. :lol: Mainly got it for the AMC, '13 2002 & Black TR6.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vcsle/8239115819/
001 by VC SL/E, on Flickr

There's a three pack with the mat black TR6, Prostreet Camaro and the 2002ti also. ;)

AOS-

Oh yeah, there's alot of three packs with the same colored cars that are from these 10 packs as well. But cheaper, but sometimes there is a unwanted car inside of them also. :ouch:

I'll just use the cars for wheels when I start modifying HWs or leave them outside my house (there's several houses in my neighborhood that have kids, they'll find some of the cars that I'll leave.)

a6m5
Out of the old five pack I bought with the wienermobile, two of the cars, I already pitched into trash! In hindsight, I should have harvested the wheels. Too late. :crazy:

Wait.... Wha?! :eek::lol:

R1600Turbo

Oh yeah, you still got my two Silver R34s and that 2010 CTS-V sedan? Do you have any CBAR35 GTRs that you don't want anymore? And I'll see the pics when you add some here next time. Thanks.

I stopped at three Walmarts on Friday and only one had their holiday bins out. My girlfriend and I went through every car and this is all I walked away with. Plus the 370Z from the pegs.

Default title upload by motoblur by McZachenF138, on Flickr

Then yesterday I went to an out of town mall for a Radioshack interview and stopped at the Toys R Us their. I knew by the horrible condition of the place that I would have some old/interesting pickups, and I was right! :D

Last edited:
I need some help finding a car/monster truck that I used to have when I was younger. The truck Im looking for is the Rollin Thunder Dodge Monster Truck Van that was run in the 80's. Here are some pics of the real truck and the toy I am after. First the real Van.

That one was Diesel powered! One of my (many) favorites. I didn't even know MB made a toy version! I want one as well now haha.

Your best bet would be to ask the boys at the Monster Mayhem forum, here's the "Toys And Games" section you would want to post in. People have all sorts of cool old toys going through there - SST Bigfoots, Black Golds, Warlords, HW, MB, model kits etc. 👍

That generation Crown is the one before mine. :P But yeah, would be nice to find a decently priced diecast model. Of course you had to mention my real name... :lol:

Anyways, here's...some news? Apparently that whole time, the Maisto Elite Transport with the Nissan GT-R R35 hasn't really appeared, until now! :eek:

Back