1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
479960_10151268701546162_265303816_n.jpg

Not bought mb in while, simply ther was nothing I was like it, but this two Are just simply irresistible

Not bought mb in while, simply ther was nothing I was like it, but this two Are just simply irresistible

I read this as : I haven't really looked at Matchbox models for awhile - there was nothing for awhile there that I really liked - however upon espying these two simply irresistible models I was compelled to acquire them immediately.

Though not in so many words.

I can't believe I forgot to tell you guys about this!
I also stopped at Ollie's yesterday and they had five HW Garage sets for $70.
But this one wasn't like the others...

I asked to talk to the manager to let her know that this was incorrect and that they bought it from a store that didn't want it. She tried to tell me it was a factory error and I politely told her she was wrong. She then tried to sell it to me for $65. :lol:

I asked to talk to the manager to let her know that this was incorrect and that they bought it from a store that didn't want it. She tried to tell me it was a factory error and I politely told her she was wrong. She then tried to sell it to me for $65. :lol:

Wow, just...wow.

I know, tell me about it. I can't believe I passed up that deal of $5 off! :P

I did see your reply about the Civic. I will go pick that up this week.
So that means I have the TR6, Fiesta, R32 and soon the Si to send to you, correct?

A portion of post #2553 which I made August of last year in case anyone was interested in the Corgi/HW mates.

(These are the names you would search for on HW wiki or eBay or any search engine.)

London Taxi
London Bus
Ford (Sierra) XR4Ti
Porsche 911 Carrera
Porsche 935
'57 T-Bird
Mustang Cobra
Ferrari 348
Custom Van
Cement Mixer
Off Road Racer
Fire Eater II
Flame Stopper II
Ford Transit Wrecker
BMW M3
Land Rover MkII
City Police
Mercedes 2.6 190E
Jaguar XJ40
Jaguar XJR-9
Mercedes 300TD
Highway Builder
Dirt Rover (Digger)
Porsche Targa
Mercedes 500SL
Ferrari 308 GTS
Ferrari Testarossa
BMW 850i
Corvette Coupe
Sandstinger
Road Roller
Oil Refinery Truck
BMW 325i
Tipper

IMG_0745.jpg

Here's a few treasure hunts and Tomica I picked up about a month ago.

Paid loose mint value for THs, but the Tomica's I just guessed and offered him $12.

Last edited:
MedigoFlame
That generation Crown is the one before mine. :P But yeah, would be nice to find a decently priced diecast model. Of course you had to mention my real name... :lol:

Anyways, here's...some news? Apparently that whole time, the Maisto Elite Transport with the Nissan GT-R R35 hasn't really appeared, until now! :eek:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAaeEsBCrqE">YouTube Link</a>

There you are, been calling you for a few days! :P:lol:

And a few pages back, Andy got a 2011 Hyundai Genesis in a group of cars from the 2011 lineup. Just to give up a heads up. ;)

McZachenF1138
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mczachenf138/8241529211/

And like Jason said, wow, just wow. :eek:

Go to hell Wyvern. The Renault 5 is extremely extremely rare. The all-red variation of the Sillohuette Skyline is also pretty uncommon. How much?

What was up with that Garage set? Is it stuffed with Basics or something? Overpriced?

Last edited:

Each? Heck no, for all six of them.

--------------------------------------------

I have never bothered taken pictures of things I acquired before joining up GTP, but I opened up a few boxes over the weekend and took pics. I'm going to try and group stuff in larger lots from time to time.

Starting with:

2009-10 -- Muscle cars

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

Last edited:
Stuffed with basics and decades cars. 👎

Btw did you get my stuff yet?

Nothing I've sent to the States has arrived at any of their destinations yet reportedly... :(

Only one car has made it and that was airmail (way back with Terronium-12). I wonder what's going on with Ground...

Btw did you get my stuff yet?

Nothing I've sent to the States has arrived at any of their destinations yet reportedly... :(

Only one car has made it and that was airmail (way back with Terronium-12). I wonder what's going on with Ground...

Yeah a while ago. :D

What's in the bags? Is that a Target, Walmart, Toys R Us and Walgreen's bag??????

lsxw7.jpg

Lets find out.

KgNW0.jpg

Finally got a Mystery Machine and Hachi-Roku.

wnZFJ.jpg

I visited two Walmarts, only one had a Holiday bin and it was very neatly arranged... so I knew it had been picked over. The cashier confirmed that a guy comes in and loads up a shopping cart's worth of cars. I won't be going back to that store :s

VXhCP.jpg

v6ZKv.jpg

Behold! The first Matchbox cars I've ever purchased.

9Gvcl.jpg

A bunch of Short Cards and a multi-pack.

All in all, it wasn't a bad trip. I decided to visit a Walgreen's on a whim and found the Mystery Machine! I was pretty excited.

h3wSE.jpg

Behold, the entirety of my carded collection. Not enough room to also showcase the loose stuff.

Hachiroku's plentiful here. Mystery Machine, I've yet to see one.
She then tried to sell it to me for $65. :lol:
It's an error!

P.S. I can't believe you bought that Civic Si. I saw that one over the weekend. :yuck:
Of course you had to mention my real name... :lol:
At least your name's common. I have two Kevin's at work, in my department alone! I'm not telling my name to Vspec/Phil, not yet. :lol:
What was up with that Garage set? Is it stuffed with Basics or something? Overpriced?
I didn't get it either. Yeah, $5 off's not enough.

Edit: Ben - You beat me to it. :lol:

Edit2: Damn it. I thought I found a couple of loose ones for you, but when I took a closer look, it's a same monster van, except they are Chevys! :lol:

Last edited:
Mystery Machine, I've yet to see one.

I've yet to see a Mystery Machine either and don't mention anything about any 2013 cars, I probably won't see any in the stores around here for a few more months at least. :indiff:
At least your name's common. I have two Kevin's at work, in my department alone! I'm not telling my name to Vspec/Phil, not yet. :lol:

Spoilsport. :P

My name is fairly common but the way it's spelt isn't so much. It's Jarrod, if anyone cares. :lol:

We know, it's McZ.

And nice to know your name, Jarrod. *cough*magic*cough* You guys don't have 2013 cars, celebrate Christmas during Summer, everything's upside down, what's wrong with you guys. :P

Hachiroku's plentiful here. Mystery Machine, I've yet to see one.

I've yet to see a Mystery Machine either and don't mention anything about any 2013 cars, I probably won't see any in the stores around here for a few more months at least. :indiff:

That was the first Mystery Machine I've seen, so I wasn't letting it go easily. And I was on a binge today, so I was damn-well going to find the cars I wanted. I went to two Target's, two Walmart's, a Walgreen's and a Toys R Us just to get all that.

Back