1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I'm not looking to fill it asap. It'll take some time.
By the time we have flying Nissans, your display should be pretty close to complete. j/k :P
Yesterdays purchases:
The 850 is a Hot Wheel. Silver one that has opening doors are the Corgi casting. I have both of those as well. I love the Corvette & red line Nova, man. Good job! 👍

P.S. I finally opened that 5-pack featuring weinermobile & the radio flyer? Radio flyer rocks!
So, from what I understand from this thread...

Multi-packs = open.

Singles = don't open.
Poll at the top of the thread is a good indicator. Many just opens everything. Many buys one to open, one to stock. Very few of us actually keeps everything unopened, but I'm probably one of those who are pretty close to that. Still, I've opened quite a few now, and am now open to buying loose cars off eBay as well. I think you'll just figure out your balance eventually.

................Hot Wheels Corgi castings there:D, might go back again later to get some more.:sly:

Yesterdays purchases:
Ferrari Testarossa (Corgi) with 5SP's to go with my other one with lace wheels.:D
2012-12-01-175004.jpg

BMW 850i. Yet another fine Corgi casting!:dopey: I was so jelly that my brother had one when i didn't, so i decided to get one for myself.:dopey:
2012-12-01-175053.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette (Corgi) with opening hood.:drool: This was the one i was telling you about Cano.;)
2012-12-01-175106.jpg

Are you saying these are the Corgi castings that Hotwheels acquired?

Also - your photography is improving. A bit more focus (maybe Macro function - or good use of zoom and support for your arm when you take the shot) might help more.

Speaking of Corgi, Cano the guy with the "moving van" full of Hotwheels has a bunch of Corgi castings. Problem is he wants $2 each or 3 for $5. I told him I might be back for them. Ones I remember off the top of my head:

- The Corvette pictured on last page
- Same Corvette w/ HW Racing tampos
- Porsche 959?
- London Taxi
- Pontiac Firebird

May have been a couple others...

Yeah, I was pretty busy the whole damned week and could not make the list. But I will right now, with pics even, and send you a PM. And I still think pictures of what's available would be awesome lol.

It would be a lot closer if I made more money. ;)

I could get most of them if I could afford it...
Get to work on that! I've been trying to come up with ways to make easy money on the side, but I can't think of anything. :P I see why there are so many scalpers(not just in hot wheels).

Drove down to my grandparents for the weekend and I got these at various toy stores.

PC010189 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Some Hot Ones from a Toys R Us. A Morris Wagon and a Corvette on a Spoiler Sport Card.

PC010190 by commodoreben, on Flickr
I found this 2009 Premiere AMC Javelin AMX in a Myer department store. The rest of the cars I got from a toy store clearance centre near my grandparents house.

PC010191 by commodoreben, on Flickr

PC010198 by commodoreben, on Flickr

PC010199 by commodoreben, on Flickr

PC010201 by commodoreben, on Flickr

PC010202 by commodoreben, on Flickr

PC010204 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Hotwheels Garage Ford vs GM 20 car set.

PC010205 by commodoreben, on Flickr
4 Ferrari Racers.

PC010206 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Maisto Custom Shop Pro Stock Chevy Vega.

PC010207 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Hotwheels Honda Civic. Now for some M2’s.

PC010208 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Pair of 54 Bel Air’s

PC010209 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Pair of 54 Mercury Sun Valley’s

PC010210 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Pair of 51 Ford Crestliner’s

PC010211 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Pair of 55 Pontiac Star Chief’s

PC010212 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A trio of 53 Oldsmobile 98’s

PC010213 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Anyone up for a game of Car Darts?

Dang, you went out of town(figure of speech) on M2s, huh? 👍 I have the Sun Valley, and that Ford vs Chevy set. Some nice cars in that set!

I found out randomly yesterday that a relative of a friend of mine owns the factory in China where Tomica cars are made. How cool is that? I wonder if I can get some hookups...

a6m5
I finally got that Bat-thing. There were two up front, this older guy was going through them. I was behind him when he grabbed the first one, asked if he would let me have the second one, he was cool about it. I should have come back later to check those pegs, since that was the very first time I saw the Bat-thing, but I didn't have the time. :crazy: Here's all I got:

http://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh580/a6m5/?action=view&current=0-1.jpg

Porsche 959 from eBay:

http://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh580/a6m5/?action=view&current=IMG_1453.jpg

And at last, Texas Drive 'Em RLC(limited to 4,000):

It's a beauty. It's also spendy, but I had to have this one. :lol:

Nice cars bro! The 959 and the truck loos amazing. And you got a gem on the truck, a rare piece. Could be worth something in the future. :)

R1600Turbo
Reorganized my display for only the Nissan cars that I have. All the open space is cars that are missing. :eek:

I'll do this a few more times for Mazda, Honda, etc. Going to get a couple more frames in a couple weeks.

A lot of missing or "locked" spaces. Need more Skylines/GTRs, Zs, Bluebirds, Pulsars, Silvias/240s, Titans, Pathfinders, Frontiers, Xterras, Armadas, Altimas, Maximas, Sunnys, Stegeas, Cedrics, Presidentes, Laurels, R89s, R92s, R390s, GT500s GTRs and Zs, GT300 S15s, D1/FD S13 and S15........ List goes on. :sly:👍

$miglo
missing this one?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60609099@N04/5616490541/
13/04/11 by smiglo, on Flickr

I'm happy to help you :)

And that Silver GT2 997 and Spa yellow S2K.... :eek:

RCKakashi14

Nice! I have that same Moon Raker Black Esprit GT SE myself. Love the Esprit, hope they'll make Stage 4 Esprit soon (The real manufacturer.)

Sonygamer455
Well had a shopping spree both yesterday and today! Dollar General was selling Hot Wheels for 75 cents!:D Kit Kringle had more Hot Wheels than usual there, got a few Hot Wheels Corgi castings there:D, might go back again later to get some more.:sly:

Yesterdays purchases:
Ferrari Testarossa (Corgi) with 5SP's to go with my other one with lace wheels.:D

BMW 850i. Yet another fine Corgi casting!:dopey: I was so jelly that my brother had one when i didn't, so i decided to get one for myself.:dopey:

Chevrolet Corvette (Corgi) with opening hood.:drool: This was the one i was telling you about Cano.;)

View with hood opened.:drool:

A Tech Tones series Audi Avus to complete my collection.

Finally got an Alien for myself. This one is from 1988?!:odd: Thats a first!:dopey: I think Kit Kringle is starting to get vehicles from the late 80's now!:eek:

A BMW M1 with a mistaken identity of a Street Beast!:lol: It said street Beast on the blister and 50's retro styling as well, when i knew that wasn't true.:lol:

Finally decided to get one of these.

A few my brother picked up:

A Silver Series II Dump Truck with a black bed to go with his other one with a chrome bed. Dump truck hog!:mad: :lol:

'68 Mustang

2007 Redline's Nova

Today's purchases from Dollar General:
Ferrari 5 pack

Mustang Super Snake

Harley Davidson "Fatboy"

That BMW 8 Series and C4 Vette!!! You got me jelly again! :grumpy: Hand them over...

Takumi Fujiwara
I found out randomly yesterday that a relative of a friend of mine owns the factory in China where Tomica cars are made. How cool is that? I wonder if I can get some hookups...

Free or discounted Tomicas!!!! :D I'll take the GT86 all colors, R33 GTRs in every color, GRB-1 STi Sedans in every color....... Got a list. :sly:

commodoreben

First the Hyundai and now the Toyota Crown.....

Kevin, KEVIN! Where are you? Got some good deals here!

You're my friend, right, Takumi? :)

Cano - uploading pics of Ford Coe - will be up in a moment.

Okay, here we go:

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0634-1.jpg

Also here are some of the other Jadas I cracked open with some of the older already-opened Tracksters I had. Upon closer examination it seems like they have the same wheels as the Tracksters, though the castings, and tampos of the Badge Heat Series are slightly lesser quality (or made in a factory with lower standards of quality). In comparison to the present price of packaged Tracksters Online, these Badge Heat vehicles are not bad for the price:

IMG_0635-1.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

Cheers . . . BBL.
Harry.

Last edited:
Back