1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,496 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
That was the first Mystery Machine I've seen, so I wasn't letting it go easily. And I was on a binge today, so I was damn-well going to find the cars I wanted. I went to two Target's, two Walmart's, a Walgreen's and a Toys R Us just to get all that.

how much did your bill come up to?

I went to only 2 places and spent over $105 on my way home today. $71 on Hot Ones and HW Classics, $24 on Jadas. Will take pics now, gimme until 1am.

I never told you guys this, but I shop secretly without my family knowing so I had to jam 11 Jadas and 19 Hot Wheels all in my backpack which had a laptop and a water bottle occupying space already. That said, even after ripping the cards off the Hot Wheels, the Jadas ended up taking 80% of the space in my bag. When everything was in, my bag was 3 times fatter than it was when I was going to school. :lol:

I've done six Walmarts once. It got old fast. :crazy:

One Walmart's supposed to go into this lot couple blocks from my work. I love Walmart, especially for ammunition & Hot Wheels, so I can't wait for it to happen....... and the added traffic, too. :nervous:

how much did your bill come up to?

I think it got close to 70, maybe a little less. I can't seem to find two of the receipts.

So.... every single Hot Wheel I own is on my bed right now. Every. Damn. One.

EZvXk.jpg

The only cars there that are not Hot's are the three Matchbox's I bought today. I have loads of other die cast cars, but they won't fit.

Snaeper
I think it got close to 70, maybe a little less. I can't seem to find two of the receipts.

So.... every single Hot Wheel I own is on my bed right now. Every. Damn. One.

The only cars there that are not Hot's are the three Matchbox's I bought today. I have loads of other die cast cars, but they won't fit.

:eek:

Woah dude!!! You can start your own dealership with all of those cars! Mostly a 1:64 one though.

Not bad....
:bowdown:

:eek:

Woah dude!!! You can start your own dealership with all of those cars! Mostly a 1:64 one though.

Not bad....
:bowdown:

Glad you like, I'd have to want to sell them first. :sly: And I know my collection pale's in comparison to some of the other, more dedicated and serious collectors.

On a side note, I just posted that picture on Facebook. My father was not previously aware of how many cars I had. I may get a talking-to here soon. Or he may want to check them all out. We'll see.

Sucks having your parents on facebook. You should set custom restrictions on your photos next time... or do it now actually.

Sucks having your parents on facebook. You should set custom restrictions on your photos next time... or do it now actually.

Who was it on here that was hiding their collection from their parents, which ended up finding out about it and they didn't care?

Snaeper, who will refer to as Medigo's brother from this point on, might be in trouble if the dad owns an firearm. Remember that girl that posted something she shouldn't have on her facebook page? 1911 + bullets + her laptop = laptop with holes in it.
Hmm, catchy.
I've been calling him that the whole time. Maybe he prefers "Zach", I don't know.

H
I honestly have no idea how to respond to that. :lol:
I've done my damage. I'm going to bed. Good night, Jarrod. :P

I keep trying to upload pictures of my cars from my I Photo but it says invalid file.
I recommend ImageShack & photobucket. I sometimes have trouble with them too, then I switch to one of the other. :D
Umm, okay. Good night, whatever your name is. :dopey:
Just for you, Jarrod:

imgf1032119zikfzj.jpg

No need to thank me, I do this because we are friends.

I've been calling him that the whole time. Maybe he prefers "Zach", I don't know.

You should see what I wrote for his name when I sent out his stuff... here's a hint: He never gave me a name so I made it up. :D

Who was it on here that was hiding their collection from their parents, which ended up finding out about it and they didn't care?

If that person is me, then I must correct you in that they do care. I don't even have my life thought out yet, and here I am spending paycheques on this stuff.

Anyway, here's a small fraction of today's purchases, starting with Hot Ones and HW Classics:

BMWM1hotones_zps0bdbc78d.jpg

ChevroletChevelleSSspectraflamelime_zps8b6b4923.jpg

DecoDeliveryspectraflamegreen_zps4600d7be.jpg

DodgeChallengerhemispectraflamered_zpsb7c73414.jpg

Interesting note: All 3 challengers at the store had rear axles where the wheels weren't secured and ended up slamming the car to the ground. Production Error for this casting?

FishdChipdspectraflameblue_zpsa9eef9f4.jpg

FordEdsel1958spectraflameblack_zps041c5778.jpg

FordGT40hotones_zps6694331f.jpg

FordThunderbirdProStockhotones_zps25f45158.jpg

Studa-Beakerspectraflamepurple_zps65414757.jpg

Eaton's Toys store stocked up on the these like crazy. More are available if anyone needs any of the following Hot Ones (2.99+tax)

'29 Ford Pickup
Ford GT40
Porsche 917
BMW M1
Hare Splitter
'80s Pontiac Firebird

Lastly, the Dollarama I went to had the same case you got at your store, Harry. I need not require your assistance. Do you need mine though?

It doesn't matter much to me what you guys call me, I know who you're talking about. :lol:

On a separate note, I opened up a few of my Boulevards just now and one being Whatta Drag.
I was examining it and how it may actually work in real life.
I really think someone ought to make a real one. I know a fellow in the antique car club I belong to has the Isetta.....

Oh you guys. I'm not going to be anywhere NEAR as in trouble as you seem to be implying I will be. I'm an adult and I don't live with my father, so the most he's going to say is "You should be spending your money in wiser ways."

But this is a guy who grew up forming tracks out of the sand and dirt for his Hot Wheels to race on with his brothers and friends.... then went on to make a portable RC track that was inside of an awesome trailer complete with miniature grand stands and pit area.

Sounds a bit like the things I did with my cars growing up. :lol:

Sandboxes, sidewalks, dirt, etc.

Hell yeah. I was pulling out the box full of play-worn cars and was immediately graced with fond memories of my front loader scooping sand into my two dump trucks while the cement mixer sat by.

Gotta have fun with them!

That one was Diesel powered! One of my (many) favorites. I didn't even know MB made a toy version! I want one as well now haha.

Your best bet would be to ask the boys at the Monster Mayhem forum, here's the "Toys And Games" section you would want to post in. People have all sorts of cool old toys going through there - SST Bigfoots, Black Golds, Warlords, HW, MB, model kits etc. 👍

Thanks for that. I just posted asking for one of them. That makes 3 sites Im asking for one on so hopefully I get 1 soon.

Snaeper
Glad you like, I'd have to want to sell them first. :sly: And I know my collection pale's in comparison to some of the other, more dedicated and serious collectors.

On a side note, I just posted that picture on Facebook. My father was not previously aware of how many cars I had. I may get a talking-to here soon. Or he may want to check them all out. We'll see.

Sell them? Nah, keep them dude. They'll be worth more than selling (unless it's a rare and a special edition that could be $$$$ on day) but hell, I'll buy another one to open just to look and mess with. Assuming from that picture, I'll say you have around 300+ cars that I would keep for life. Even if I was filthy rich and had all of the real and scale cars and bikes, I'll never sell them. Unless I have too (only for important and emergency scenes.)

And yeah, my parents (still live with them) but they don't care though but they do say "put your money somewhere wiser". My older brothers don't mind either, even though they mess with me and my collecting (in a joking manner) but they say the same thing and do other things as well.

Snaeper
Oh you guys. I'm not going to be anywhere NEAR as in trouble as you seem to be implying I will be. I'm an adult and I don't live with my father, so the most he's going to say is "You should be spending your money in wiser ways."

But this is a guy who grew up forming tracks out of the sand and dirt for his Hot Wheels to race on with his brothers and friends.... then went on to make a portable RC track that was inside of an awesome trailer complete with miniature grand stands and pit area.

Yep, I'm the opposite of you. Still live at home, even if I did live by myself, I'll still get that lecture as well :lol:

But at least we're not doing anything to harm others or to wreck havoc in society ( that's only for GTA :lol:) and I know they do respect us with what we do and showing who we really are regardless what society says to guys who play video games/simulators, collect comics/magnas, collect action figures, scale cars, etc..

We aren't the typical WOW noobs who live in our parents' basement and feast only on microwave foods, Doritos and Redbull. We have normal lives like everyone else, and we love what we do. But welcome to America....The land of society.:rollseyes::lol::facepalm:.

GTPorsche
Sounds a bit like the things I did with my cars growing up. :lol:

Sandboxes, sidewalks, dirt, etc.
Snaeper
Hell yeah. I was pulling out the box full of play-worn cars and was immediately graced with fond memories of my front loader scooping sand into my two dump trucks while the cement mixer sat by.

Gotta have fun with them!

Same here! :D

Everytime I look at my old cars and stuff when I was a kid, takes me back to the 90's with nostgalia with pure bliss. I even listen to GT1-4, TD6 and NFSIII HP soundtracks when looking at my old cars.

Went out again to HellMart aka Walmart tonight to get some things for Xmas with the family, the store was deserted and nearly trashed :eek: guess what I found in the HW rubble........

THE 2013 AE-86, GT500 '68, the red ZR1 C6 Vette and the BMW M3 E92 in the Laguna Seca Blau paintjob!!!!! :D

And yes, I seen the M3, which should been out a month later in Jan '13 (correct me if I'm wrong) but it's out already. I seen a 10 pack with a R34 and E92 together also. Just giving you guys a heads up to keep looking, they're out there. ;)

Going out to a few stores tomorrow to get some stuff for Xmas again, maybe I'll get lucky again.

BMW M1
Hare Splitter

One of each please Andy. Also, dunno if those come from E-Bay, but if they are store-bought, do you think you can grab me a Classics Studebaker (last picture)? If you can grab another one please do.

Thanks chuck 👍

Lucky for you, I have bought 2 of those you mentioned, with the card already torn off 👍

Sunagonhotonesopened_zps752cf035.jpg

Sunagonhotonesclosed_zpsfb368dec.jpg

Porsche917hotones_zps0747d2a8.jpg

PontiacFirebirdhotones_zps2d2f5025.jpg

PontiacBonneville1965spectraflameblack_zps68927b9a.jpg

FordPickup1929spectraflameblack_zpsf36e662f.jpg

FordPickup1929hotones_zps068a753a.jpg

FordEdsel1958spectraflameblack_zps041c5778.jpg

There was also a few Series 5 Combat Medics, Texas Drive 'Em, and Hemi Challenger (in the same red) if you needed those too.

SVX
Woah, fantastic shot! :drool:

Oh oh oh, so so just because it's a BMW M1, it's automatically a fantastic photo now?

:P

Lucky for you, I have bought 2 of those you mentioned, with the card already torn off 👍

:0 The M1, Hare Splitter and the Stude? Specially the Stude :0

Also, please grab a Texas Drive 'Em, and if possible, a purple Sunagon for me too.

Back