1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,496 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Probably late...but:
Ford+Explorer_MB860_W4890.JPG

Y5337_MB823_AstonMartinDBS0031.JPG

Not expecting much from them after this year.

Would you guys say it's worth the $21.99 to get a MB 20 car set? Really want the Mazda2 and Morgan Aeromax in there. Since I was late to the party when they were released as singles. (there are more that I want from the pack, but don't remember)

I think they overdid the Explorer. Too bad, I like the car.

I see Andy got the Vanagon. I haven't seen any new Hot Ones in sometime.

I think M2 has this police Explorer and it looks hella awesome. It's just done up in a police livery, but the wheels are perfect and the detail is astonishing. Can't remember if it was M2 or Johnny Lightning

EDIT: It's greenlight
29730flg.gif

i keep debating this purchase

Not seeing unique or new to the MB lineup. But I'll get the DBS Roadster though. Anyway in going out tonight, maybe I'll find some cars again in the stores.

i keep debating this purchase
I can't stand police vehicles without police lights on top? What is the deal!

Edit: I do agree on the rest.

Edit2: And what is the deal with two rows of gas cans & layer of LEGOs on top of the Matchbox Explorer!?

Might want to consider it if you would like people to help you grab certain cars and not bring money into the subject. ;)

That seller, FX Toys... they always ALWAYS come up with amazing stuff. I have them as a favourite seller just to see what they come up with next. I've learned a damned lot just by looking at the stuff they sell.

Can someone explain to me how flayed cardboard and stapled acrylic come up to $2000 let alone be "amazing"?

It's history, and very unique collectible!

I noticed the Copper Stopper in there, which happens to be one of my favorite cars from the Boulevard Series. :drool:

As for the display, I love the cool 60's/70's style background artwork more than anything.

I'll see if I can come up with any.

I'm guessing that 917 isn't being produced anymore? Kmart seemed to have some older stuff on the pegs, judging by what I bought that day.

I'll see if I can come up with any.

I'm guessing that 917 isn't being produced anymore? Kmart seemed to have some older stuff on the pegs, judging by what I bought that day.
If it's the Hot Ones, it's still around in my area. Never has been a hard-to-find since I started collecting.

Yep, we talking about the Hot Ones.

I'm not sure whether to cal this an error or not, but I picked it up anyway:

Porsche917windowdetach1_zps586aa362.jpg

Porsche917windowdetach2_zps0d0916a1.jpg

Porsche917windowdetach3_zpsfe48c625.jpg

It could have simply got detached through some rough shuffling...OR someone took it apart, couldn't put it back together and returned it.

It is indeed an error. As long as it is still inside its card, it is.

Oh so they didn't make that? I was under that impression since Cano described them as so.

They... who? hahaha what are you talkin' 'bout, dude?

Back