1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,495 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Cano was all like "Oh I like to see what FXStore comes up with" which would mean they create things but it could have been something completely different form the topic at hand and I misinterpreted it.

Or it's just Cano's bad English again. :P

Cano was all like "Oh I like to see what FXStore comes up with" which would mean they create things but it could have been something completely different form the topic at hand and I misinterpreted it.

Or it's just Cano's bad English again. :P
No, I did see where you misunderstood him, but Cano was referring to the "auctions" this seller would come up with. It made perfect sense to me. Besides, the seller described it very well in the listing also. ;)

Yes I was talking about the auctions they always post. Follow them, they find the most amazing cars. I've seen prototypes, excruciatingly rare stuff like Revvers and Rrrumblers, sets, club cars, those redline-era trains and planes, and of course hellish-rare color cars. I cannot imagine where they find such stuff.

No need to thank me

Wasn't the word I would have used. :boggled: :lol:
If I had couple grand to spare....... I still wouldn't buy it, but it's very cool. :lol:

I'd grab it, if I had a cool 2 or 3 grand laying around. Hell, I can dream, can't I? :lol:

And speaking of purchases, I'm about to pull the trigger on something I've been eyeing off on e-Bay for a while now. I won't reveal what it is, you'll all just have to wait.

Edit: VSpec, I left you a visitor message, why you no answer?. :lol:

Last edited:
Are you sure? I won't get mad if you change your mind. :lol:

And speaking of purchases, I'm about to pull the trigger on something I've been eyeing off on e-Bay for a while now. I won't reveal what it is, you'll all just have to wait.
Smart. Play it safe. A lot of vultures in here. You can share it, once the auctions over. :D

Smart. Play it safe. A lot of vultures in here. You can share it, once the auctions over. :D

Actually the auction has no time limit and yes there are a lot of vultures here :sly: but I doubt they'd want to spend the kind of money, I'm about to drop. :lol:

...................fxtoys link.............

Edit: Make sure to scroll down to see the cool pictures!

They have got good FB - so a trusted seller. Strange bunch of cars in there - and a clean display - so it will probably go higher. Some collector must be seated on that auction night and day. And the Redlines that they have in the scrolling banner at the bottom are also tempting. So is Farrah.

So basically, damn you, a6m5.

And the Redlines that they have in the scrolling banner at the bottom are also tempting. So is Farrah.

Mmm... Cannonball run.

Farrah couldn't keep her hands to herself.... I can hardly blame her, she just couldn't resist my handsome looks, hench body and charming bedside manner, but me being the highly respected and very professional good Dr, i declined her amorous advances, and can assure you all there was no malpractice.

Yours sincerely Dr Nessy Ford.

Last edited:
AOS-
Convertible.... :P

Convertible, roadster, spyder....whatever. :P:lol:

But any Aston Martin with a soft top is mostly called a Volante. ;)

a6m5
This is pretty cool: 1970 Original Store Display

If I had couple grand to spare....... I still wouldn't buy it, but it's very cool. :lol:

Edit: Make sure to scroll down to see the cool pictures!

Dang, now if I was rich or if I hit the lottery. :eek:

Spacegoat

I'd grab it, if I had a cool 2 or 3 grand laying around. Hell, I can dream, can't I? :lol:

Edit: VSpec, I left you a visitor message, why you no answer?. :lol:

You sent me a PM or on here? If it's a PM, I gotta get off the GTPlanet app and back on the computer. There's no way I can do it on the app.

Sorry Jarrod.

Convertible, roadster, spyder....whatever. :P:lol:

But any Aston Martin with a soft top is mostly called a Volante. ;)

You sent me a PM or on here? If it's a PM, I gotta get off the GTPlanet app and back on the computer.

Volante is their own name, still classified as a convertible though, and roadsters originally had a different meaning.

Also, if you're using an iDevice to browse GTP, just use Safari like I do. You get PM notificiatiosn and you can check your "My GTPlanet" control panel, which will let you know if you got a VM. User profile pages won't load normal on said devices though.

You sent me a PM or on here? If it's a PM, I gotta get off the GTPlanet app and back on the computer. There's no way I can do it on the app.

No it's only a little visitor message, I left on your profile page.
Sorry Jarrod.

No need to be, it's not really that important anyway. :lol: I had no idea you were on the app, that explain's it.

Last edited:
Dang, now if I was rich or if I hit the lottery. :eek:
Let's say that I won that mega record jackpot from Powerball....... I still wouldn't buy it. :D Well, I might buy it, then give it to Cano. :lol:
So basically, damn you, a6m5.
Why me!? I just brought something cool up to attention. Basically.

:lol:

Yeah, let's keep eye on that one. See how high it'll go!

Just did a tally on all of my cars.

In cases (Hot Wheels + 1 Matchbox): 229
Opened cars on desk shelves: 145
Cars in car cases: 145
Cars elsewhere in my room: 54
NASCAR Stock Cars and Others: 43
Other Brands (Racing Champions, Johnny Lightning, Matchbox, Majorette) + Opened HW Cycles: 25

Total: 640:scared:

Way more than I thought I had. How many do you guys have?

Not this again.

I'm gonna guess 500, because I think I had over 400 last I counted. I could be way off.

How many do you guys have?

Due to the amount of cars I've acquired since this question was last asked and my gross underestimation of the remains of my childhood collection.

I'm going to guess at the very least 350.

mmmm.. I guess over 7,000 from 1/64 scale including hotwheels, matchbox, corgi, JL, mini lindy, etc...., the ones showed on my collection pictures are just part of them, the others are keeped in boxes, I think I need a pentagonal room to display them all heheh

I admire your courage. :lol: I'm all for collectors like Cano & AHMED going all out. That's how it's done. Having said that, it's not for everybody. Trimming the collection down is in my future also. :)

Having said that, here are my two adds today. :P

IMG_1497.jpg

000.jpg

I just couldn't resist the all-gold F40. I like this Falcon better than the Super Treasure Hunt Falcon I got earlier!

Last time i counted i had over 1500 hot wheels (and yes i counted them all), it has been 2 or 3 years since i last counted. Theres no telling how many i have now!:eek:

Funny story a6m5, i seen a white F40 just recently last time i went in Kit Kringle.:eek: I almost got it.

I thought somebody just got a white F40, but maybe I was thinking of the white Testarossa you posted few days ago. By the way, there is nothing funny about your story. :lol: <<<which in turn makes it somewhat funny......

I have that Gold F40! I remember breaking the back window to stick a ball pump needle inside to make it look like a rocket car when I was little. Then I took red and green permanent markers and coloured the lights and ducts.

BTW an F40 Rocket Car is a custom I have dibs on here. I'm going to do it on my broken red F40.

Total: 640:scared:

Way more than I thought I had. How many do you guys have?

If my Photobucket Album has excluded the cars I've traded away or turned into customs, 1040.

I still have custom cars too.

God, way to destroy my beautiful brand (old)new car. :(

P.S. I have a busted up red F40, too. :lol:

Back