1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,498 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
As for the photos - I spit. I hawk and spit.:grumpy:

Let's work on dat.

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

aaaaand...

IMG_3878-1.jpg

Woah, and just like Medigo says, this thread goes fast! :eek: Time to use some nitro shot to keep up....

McZachenF1138

I know right? I want that F12 NAO!!! :eek:

GTPorsche
Finally got around to getting my list made. It's mostly filled with European and Japanese cars since that's typically what I go after.

Also, Porsches. As many of those I can find.

Yep, I do have a list of cars that I'm looking for also. I usually have both older and newer cars. You'll never know when a older HW or MB or any scale will appear. ;)

An another Porsche collector, eh? That's what I'm talking about. Get ALL of the Porsches and Nissans!!!!

Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsports style or follow the ways of Kaz and Dan teachings. :sly::lol:

Spacegoat
He'll have to change his username as well. GTRuf has a nice ring to it. :dopey: :sly:

Hmmm.... GTRuf. Sounds just right. :sly:👍

GTPorsche
:lol:

I didn't see any Ruf HWs though. :P

Dude now you're on a roll here.... HW 2013 Showroom some #/50 cars....... A '87 RUF CTR Yellowbird..... :eek:👍

Now I hope HW can get RUF in their lineup soon.

McZachenF1138
Uh oh, now you got Harry calling you that. May god have mercy on your soul. :lol:

:lol:

You're not alone Porsche, I mean RUF, Harry and everyone here calls me Cardiac. :lol:

photonrider
How did Paul fit into it?:crazy:

Okay, I'm kidding.:dopey: Here's a few more of mine - maybe you have some of them:

Nice pic Harry. Gran Turismo Porsche Edition or is it Forza Motorsports Porsche Pack? :lol:

But where's the 959? ;)

McZachenF1138
I have the silver first edition of the Cayman from 2007. It's the same casting I'd imagine.

*goes off to get South Texas Die Cast*

Yup, same cast. http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/porschecaymans.html

I have the yellow Cayman S 987. Worth some cash also. But I opened it a long time ago though.

R1600Turbo
And the 5th regular TH for 2013 is...

And I collect that casting. Hopefully I can find one. :(

Edit: Oh, and this too...

Those cars are MINE!!!!! :eek:

R1600Turbo
Yes, I have about 7 and there's like 50 of them. :lol:

(exaggeration btw)

But still get more R32s, R34s and R35s! Because Nissan and Legend :sly:👍

Now where is that BCNR33 at? :boggled:

McZachenF1138
Which ones?

I have the same APT R32 with the wheels on the left. The very FIRST GTR in the 2002 FE Series with the 5SP. Never gonna sell it or anything.

a6m5
Cano restored that Rover before.

Here's my odds & ends from eBay today:

Walmart founder's truck. E-P-I-C(yeah, I'm pretty weird lol). You guys may, or may not know that I don't break open hot wheels very often. With this one, I HAD TO:
Sam Walton 1979 Ford "The Road To Success"

I got the five pack for that Oscar Meyer Wienermobile :lol:

Detail/Angle shots of the Drag Bus. We always see it from the side profile. I found it to be an really an interesting & surprising cast, so I wanted to share this:

Ahh, the Wienermobile, love that truck to endless pieces when I was a kid. You brought back a great memory with that purchase.

And that truck is nice, real nice. 👍

SVX
I went to the store today and saw all of those cars singularly. Bought 2 of the 3 you mentioned. Guess which ones they are. :P

Ummm, AE86 and ZR1 C6, or R34 and 370Z Z34? ;)

Oh man dat E30

So i'm manning my checkout station in the market yesterday, and along comes this kid with nothing else but a curiosity rover >.> lol i told him it was collectable, and he told me he's into aeronotics and he found it on the back of the limited pegs i had thought i went through already lol

Ummm, AE86 and ZR1 C6, or R34 and 370Z Z34? ;)

Nope! :P

AE86 and red R34. :sly:

So i'm manning my checkout station in the market yesterday, and along comes this kid with nothing else but a curiosity rover >.> lol i told him it was collectable, and he told me he's into aeronotics and he found it on the back of the limited pegs i had thought i went through already lol

Ouch. Found two yesterday (probably was more), but wasn't really my thing so I passed.

I just found the carbonator TH in a store today. It looks just as stupid as I thought so I didn't buy it.
I did get a nice white Subaru WRX STI.

I just found the carbonator TH in a store today. It looks just as stupid as I thought so I didn't buy it.

Should have bought it to use it as a bottle opener. Could always use one. ;)

Got a bunch of trades in the mail yesterday. Highlight for me:

IMG_20121127_121401.jpg

I saw MB on the box but thought it meant something else. I did however somehow miss that on the price tag.
There's also a huge box like that that said it had A quantity of four colour changers. And the outside price was $29.98. Regular colour changers here are $5 which is why I kinda ignored the price on the box I took a picture of.

Wow they actually list off which stores get what as well as specifically generating shipments for Black Friday sales? damn.

Anyone want a Team Hot Wheels Tacoma or Fiesta while I'm at Target?
If not, I'm only getting a Snow Ride on a 2013 HW450 card. :sly:

I wouldn't waste my money on 10-pack errors.

I find so many cars getting packaged sideways with the bottom facing out. That can't be packaging error if you find the same cars getting put in sideways in the same store. It's most likely the employees baiting error collectors to by the crappy 10-packs.

What's that exclusive car in the ten pack? Looks to me like it's a Willys coupe, but I'm not entirely sure

:lol:👍

Good news. That elusive hot wheels I mentioned, I got "second chance" offer from the eBay seller. I've never gotten one before. Price's steep, but I think only way it can go is up, so I bought it. I seriously wanted it when they first came out, but then I forgot all about it. Better late than never..... just more expensive. :lol:

Some dingbat is cutting up a lot of matchbox blisters at Dufferin's Walmart. This isn't the first time. It's happened many times in the past. I used to think it was some deranged collector since Dufferin is a terrible area, but after seeing so many occurrences, I think it's an employee because it'd be pretty meaningless if it was a customer. Reason I say that is because all the 3 911s I bought had their blisters cut on the left side so it you could pull the car out without tearing the card. The same was done on a few other Fiskers, and other new recolours... If the customer wanted to steal it, they could have done so, but because it's all new vehicles that got attention, I feel it's an employee who's after it. I figured he would do what he did was so that it would discourage people from buying an "opened" product. There's a sign in the aisle stating this area is being watched by surveillance, so I imagine him taking some cars away would get him into trouble, hence why he would resort to this.
I think it's one of those deals that is just unexplainable. Really, no story would make any sense as to why someone would do this. :crazy:

Nice Vega looking thing by the way(purple hot rodder). Nice. 👍

As for the recent errors:

Yeah, take them back.

:P
My guess is that the employee had formed his stash, then got caught, got scalded, had to put them back, and in revenge to the evil collectors, made them absolutely worthless to them. I bought two.
That also doesn't make much sense to me, but really, it probably is the best theory we could possibly come up with. :lol:
I don't know what it is, but I like tires with red lines in them. It doesn't have anything to do with the "red line" series. It's weird, but Imma weird guy.
That. Is. Awesome. 👍
Thank you, Magic! :D
Sounds prevaricative to me, a6m5. He sounded like he was in eBay.
You and your big boy words. I had to look it up again, but yes, I agree with you! :lol:
W
Ahh, the Wienermobile, love that truck to endless pieces when I was a kid. You brought back a great memory with that purchase.

And that truck is nice, real nice. 👍
Thanks man! 👍 And yeah, Wienermobile's iconic. I had to get one eventually!
Yeah, it looks dumb, but it's a bottle-opener. Hot Wheels that works as a tool. Who cares it doesn't look like a Bimmer, especially considering the price?
How old is that thing, because I swear I had one just like that as a kid! I forgot ALL about it. :eek:

Latest Posts

Back