1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,498 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Are there Big Lots in Canada? If so, check there. I've seen some of those Drag Strip Demons at Big Lots before, cheap.

Oi, Jason. Are there still Dragstrip Demons in your stores? If I remember correctly those are quite old, I'm actually surprised to read you still see them in stores! Can you still get some of those? Let me know please :0

I only have one store near me and they no longer have them. Big Lots stores carry discontinued stuff from the larger stores like Wal-Mart.

I got the yellow one on top a few days ago at Big Lots for $3. It was the only one they had.
I didn't know Big Lots was kinda famous for still having them.

No Big Lots exist in Canada...The US has a lot of peculiar stores other places don't. It just so happens a lot of stuff I enjoy doing is more profound in the States.

Big Lots is nothing special unless you want dusty-packaged stale food and cheap furniture. Seriously.

Only one store I've been to had Road Racers, and it was only one case too....

That versus all the THs, $THs, Pre-2000 mainlines, the latest mainlines, and other hot wheel series you guys find so easily.

And the 5th regular TH for 2013 is...

New0001.jpg

And I collect that casting. Hopefully I can find one. :(

Edit: Oh, and this too...

New0002.jpg

Last edited:
Bought 4 cars today a cadilac ctsv wagon from matchbox, a grey aventador, a green 1970 toyota celica, and a honda crx hot ones.

Uh oh, now you got Harry calling you that. May god have mercy on your soul. :lol:

Look at I've started. :lol:
I have a list of mine...so big I split the list up into two on my iPod, as well as individual photos of each casting and colour variation.

I'll have to try and work out a list one day. I don't think, I have the patience to include photo's of each casting's variation though.
And the 5th regular TH for 2013 is...

Aww man, the Circle Trucker TH is sweet. I've got to find one. :eek:

I figured you probably would.
While looking at them on STDC, I realized that I had the PR5 variation of the first release as a kid. I have no idea where it is though. :grumpy:

I have a question for the experts: my mother has a few old Matchbox cars, made by Lesney. She has these cars, among others (not my pics). The parenthetical statements describe the cars we have, in comparison to the photos shown. Are these cars any good? Are they collectible or valuable? I'm not likely to get rid of them, but I'm curious.

Mercedes Benz C111 (but in blue)
images

Land Rover (in slightly better shape)
matchbox-lesney-camioneta-land-rover-safari-azul-1965-no-12_MLM-F-74721347_9781.jpg

Pontiac GTO (in much better shape, near perfect)
lesney4.jpg

Jaguar Mark 10 (similar condition, maybe slightly worse)
mGoZMWsjrCOlIDPB7jv_4xQ.jpg

We have a quite a few more, but I figured I'd ask about a couple first.

Back