1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,495 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
New sneaks out.

Looks like they did the same thing to the NSX that they did to the 350Z for this year. The rear wing is now cast as part of the metal body, no longer a separate plastic piece...

hwc_sneaks_78755.jpg

Here's the 918 everyone is drooling over. :lol:

hwc_sneaks_78773.jpg

Corvette. Isn't this a Corgi casting? Has a metal base!

hwc_sneaks_78791.jpg

I saw that 'Vette yesterday in a multipack. I was going to post a picture, but I thought you guys could care less.

That Corvette is a must!:drool: Childhood memories right here!:dopey:
P.S. I don't think thats the corgi casting because it does not have the opening hood. (from what i can tell)

Cutting corners again..... I do like the metal wing on the NSX though, I guess.

I forgot to comment on McZ's regarding how copyright may preventing the gold wheel/blue body combination on the Subie? I'd be surprised, but I guess anything's possible.

I just ordered my first Speed Machines. Lotus Elise! It's British Racing Green, and not overpriced like some other cars from that series. :D

Speaking of the 918, I hate to say it but I'm not all that impressed with it. Something about the shape doesn't feel right, but the main issue is that the details are not that nice, with few tampos and wide panel gaps. The Carerra GT I bought at the same time is much, much nicer, with finer cast details, nice headlights and taillights, a really cool treatment for the engine cover (mesh tampo on clear plastic), and a really nice interior.

I really hope they do another 918 with the roof on and maybe the wing extended, or even the RSR prototype. It looks so much better with the top on.

A-No!!!!!! I want that Sport Elise :grumpy:

The 918's got 10SP just as expected, except it's going to need Matchbox's 10-spokes, just like I'll give it.

I got your '29 Ford Hot Ones and Studa-beaker, Canypak.

As soon as I saw the tampo headlights, I couldn't care less about the car. C-H-E-A-P. Very tacky.
A-No!!!!!! I want that Sport Elise :grumpy:
Here's couple that I saw on the toy peddler: 1 2

Headlight did not look right to me though, which is why I decided to pay few more dollars for the Speed Machines version: 1 2

This guy is based in Canada, but only sells to the US. WHAT THE HELL?
Wow, you are right. :lol:

I bet it's a listing error. eBay's been full of them since they tacked on a 20 question to the seller listing software(I realize this one's Toy Peddler).

That Speed Machine I ordered today, the checkout system wouldn't let me use my P.O. Box, which is my mailing address. However, listing said it shipped via USPS, which of course also operates P.O. Boxes.

I contacted the seller, he said it was an error, and he will ship to my P.O. Box. If you are interested in that Elise, maybe contact him, maybe even negotiate a domestic shipping charge? :D

Headlight did not look right to me though, which is why I decided to pay few more dollars for the Speed Machines version: 1 2

You made the right decision, I don't like the 10SP's on the mainline. :yuck:

Oh and my purchase was finally posted this morning, it should arrive in two weeks, maybe even a little sooner if I'm lucky. :D

Nah. I'm trying to cut down on online shopping. I'm trying to cut down in general. In fact, I've bought significantly less cars than I have in the past couple of months. Just today, I picked up:

2 Matchbox Civic Type-Rs (green)
2 Matchbox Exiges (red)
1 Sunagon
2 2013 ZR1s
2 purple Megane Trophies
1 yellow Europa
1 white Falcon Racecar
1 yellow C4
2 2013 Drag Mercs
1 Team HW Bone Shaker
1 HW livery Bone Shaker
from 2 Toys R Us, 1 Toys Toys Toys and 1 Walmart.

1 BttF Delorean
1 Black Jada Badge City Heat City Bus
from Dollarama

1 Hot Ones '29 Ford Pickup
1 HW Classics Studa-Beaker
these 2 for Cano.

But the point of this post is to state that I have 3 extra Matchbox Civics if anyone has been longing for them.

Hard core. If I had $10 for two stops........ What $10? I spent it on gas & junk food!

Can't take pics, the batteries in my camera just died and I have to purchase some more tomorrow.

For $10 I got:

- Pikes Peak Celica Treasure Hunt w/Rubber Tires
- Datsun 240Z 2006 New Models w/10SP wheels
- Skyline GT-R R32 Grey Mystery Car
- Holden Commodore V8SC First Edition (available for sale/trade)
- Bugatti Veyron Red & Black First Edition (available for sale/trade)

Hot Wheels Meet?!?! The First Friday one? What are the cross streets again?

Not sure if you got my PM, but I'm already home. Quite a few people out there tonight. I didn't have much money to spend so I didn't stick around for very long. If you want to meet up next Friday night at the same spot I'll have a little more money to spend and will be able to hang around for a while.

@ Cano - I saw some cars I thought were on your Corgi list, but when I fired up the GTP app the photos in the PM wouldn't show. Tried a couple times, sorry. :nervous:

Gonna have to figure something out for these "lists" that is easier to access...

Well thanks to R1600, I had to pick up the Holden off eBay (not sure if same one) for $6 bucks shipped. I need to find a replacement Mini WRC car as I broke wing off thinking it moved.

I got your '29 Ford Hot Ones and Studa-beaker, Canypak.

OH YEAH.

1 Sunagon

theseis 2 for Cano.

:dopey:

@ Cano - I saw some cars I thought were on your Corgi list, but when I fired up the GTP app the photos in the PM wouldn't show. Tried a couple times, sorry. :nervous:

Gonna have to figure something out for these "lists" that is easier to access...

Don't worry, you didn't have much to spend anyway so it was cool that you picked up stuff you need. As for the list thing... printing it? 💡

- Bugatti Veyron Red & Black First Edition (available for sale/trade)

Shouldn't you sell that, earn some funds on eBay? I think I have the same one, and they go for Treasure Hunt money on eBay.

Edit: I bought another car on eBay today. It'll be a nice surprise for this thread later. :D

P.S. I hope you get your item soon, Jarrod! 👍

Seen that before.

I still think that one would look better with a wheelie bar.:dopey:
You're weird.

Don't worry, you didn't have much to spend anyway so it was cool that you picked up stuff you need. As for the list thing... printing it? 💡
No printer at home. Printer at work is B&W.

Does either of yours have a clear red wing Jason?
Negative.

Shouldn't you sell that, earn some funds on eBay? I think I have the same one, and they go for Treasure Hunt money on eBay.
Maybe. Does the fact I paid 40 cents for it mean anything? :D

Maybe. Does the fact I paid 40 cents for it mean anything? :D

I don't get it. I just did a completed search on eBay?

Price + Shipping = Highest First

Price + Shipping = Lowest First

How is this car going from $4 to $40? Am I missing something here?

Edit: OK, I see what happened with the $4 ones. Some poor sucker listed them at $1(buy it now) + $3 shipping, obviously unaware of the true value of those cars. :ouch: I feel for him, because I've done that before. That classic anime, Battle of the Planets or whatever, I had no idea the DVDs were out of print, listed it at $40, sold instantly. I discovered later that they netted big money from the collectors. :(

Edit2: Do me a favor Jason. Make some money off the Veyron so you'll have more than $10 next time you go shopping! ;)

Back