1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Wow that's really nice. I hope I can find it. Probably not, since the only T-hunts I find are ones I've never heard before. If I want a certain T-hunt I'll never find it. :(

Thanks, Yeah some T-Hunts are not all that interesting... I look at them and think 'whats so special about it?' some normal ones are more unique! Maybe when they want to get rid of some old paint or cast they just stick T-Hunt on it to get it shifted :lol:

You literally have to decide and take what you find and often its not the one you were looking for but I was really happy to get the 70's caddy.

Lucky! I have yet to find one. :mad:

The only chance you really get tends to be when they have just had fresh stock in, any other time its pretty much impossible. Its feels better when you finally get one though. Just keep looking 👍

Robin.

Can someone tell me why Hotwheel's do half and full height cards? Also is there any reason to pick one or the other? Thanks
Full length cards are U.S. releases. The short cards are International releases. It is a bit weird because most big stores carry both, the long cards are found in the toy dept. while the short cards are found at the checkout lanes. This is in the US mind you.

Full length cards are U.S. releases. The short cards are International releases. It is a bit weird because most big stores carry both, the long cards are found in the toy dept. while the short cards are found at the checkout lanes. This is in the US mind you.

Both cards come out in both international and US releases I'm pretty sure. Our long cards are definitely not US ones anyway.

Basically long cards go to most retailers while short cards go to supermarkets here.

I think it is just dependent on how much shelf space the store has for the cars.

Robin: I hope the one you left behind wasn't a super. Much harder to come by than the regular thunt.

Owh Robin... I saw that car yesterday but didn't take it :dunce:

Yeah I've been in that situation before, having second thoughts etc! :crazy:

I think it is just dependent on how much shelf space the store has for the cars.

I've haven't been to a proper store like ToysRus in a while but I'm pretty sure they also only have short cards. The UK's a small country so we don't really have the shop space!

Robin: I hope the one you left behind wasn't a super. Much harder to come by than the regular thunt.

No it wasn't, I checked :sly: Is there anything actually printed on the card which denotes a Super T-Hunt?

Robin.

No it wasn't, I checked :sly: Is there anything actually printed on the card which denotes a Super T-Hunt?

Robin.

The "treasure hunts" written on the card will write "trea$ure hunt$"

Some cards will write "t-hunt" (2010 and earlier short cards) on regulars and "t-hunt$" on supers.

Apart from that look for the rubber tyres is the easiest way to spot it.

I haven't found any treasure hunts or even any new normal cars since early/mid January now. Not like I haven't looked either. Only new car I've seen is the back to the future delorean but that was in a 3 pack so I didn't bother.

I had gotten sick of finding studebaker avanti's as well.

eeeww. That's the one T-Hunt I wont ever bother looking at of this season. It's LOATHSOME. I mean, cool that you found it, but eeek.

I'm not too keen on the gold chrome fenders and all that, but I like the paintjob on it.

830px-T-HUNT_CORVETTE_GRAN_SPORT.jpg

That T-hunt I think is pretty terrible. I saw one, but left it. :yuck:

hey, very nice. The car cleans up well with a set of modern wheels. I'll have to do something similar to mine.

The "treasure hunts" written on the card will write "trea$ure hunt$"

Some cards will write "t-hunt" (2010 and earlier short cards) on regulars and "t-hunt$" on supers.

Apart from that look for the rubber tyres is the easiest way to spot it.

Thanks, I'l be looking out for that because as you said I usually go by the tyres.

I had gotten sick of finding studebaker avanti's as well.

The T-Hunt Studebaker is pretty neat, been looking for it.

M-POWER_FTW cool that you have finished the Corvette, guess your going to get started now on the Porsche?

OP said non-Hot Wheels and non-Matchbox scale models are okay as long as they're scale models...

Image1285.jpg

From left: GT-R R35 from Jada Toys and Mustang Cobra R from Maisto. Both 1:18.

uMadson?, I too have that Maisto SVT Cobra. 👍

hey, very nice. The car cleans up well with a set of modern wheels. I'll have to do something similar to mine.

Thanks, I was surprised with the wheels, as well. Not bad at all.

M-POWER_FTW cool that you have finished the Corvette, guess your going to get started now on the Porsche?

Yup, all it needs is the wite-out to be removed from the rear windshield. I actually have a couple cars in mind that I want to paint after the Porsche.

cano....what happen with the Tons of Hot wheels? when you going to post!?

I'm waiting on this too!

EDIT: Found some more cars. These look a bit older than any I've posted. Some have really loose back wheels.
IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Last edited:
That red Ferrari 308 is very difficult to find in red with those wheels M-Power, take good care of that one even in that shape.

I just finished a work spree that had me tied down pretty haard, but now that I'm more or less done I'll be putting up pictures of all the stuff soon. I just finished opening aaaaaaall I wanted to open, and I'll go thursday to pick up what's left. Aditionally, in the weekend a really rare car fell in my hands on a garage sale for a clip and a bottle cap. you'll see.

That red Ferrari 308 is very difficult to find in red with those wheels M-Power, take good care of that one even in that shape.

I just finished a work spree that had me tied down pretty haard, but now that I'm more or less done I'll be putting up pictures of all the stuff soon. I just finished opening aaaaaaall I wanted to open, and I'll go thursday to pick up what's left. Aditionally, in the weekend a really rare car fell in my hands on a garage sale for a clip and a bottle cap. you'll see.

There's more? :eek:

I used to have a lot of Matchbox cars, but I don't know where they are now. I think they're up in the roof. But I do have one, a model of a Peterbilt tanker truck. It was my favourite growing up; that one toy that I took absolutely everywhere I went. Most of the paint has faded away or been rubbed off, but I still have it.

uMadson?, I too have that Maisto SVT Cobra. 👍

Thanks, I was surprised with the wheels, as well. Not bad at all.

Yup, all it needs is the wite-out to be removed from the rear windshield. I actually have a couple cars in mind that I want to paint after the Porsche.

I'm waiting on this too!

EDIT: Found some more cars. These look a bit older than any I've posted. Some have really loose back wheels.
IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

You should definitely restore the Z and the MR2!

There's more? :eek:

Yep. If all came in in time, there should be about 200 more cars for me to chew on.

For now I’ll show you something out of the bunch you saw before, these were actually a curiosity that was less than 10 bucks including shipping, I didn’t have Ertl cars because they were never (afaik) sold here, so I grabbed them to add the marke to my collection. The E-Bay picture only showed the top of the cars, but when they arrived I was glad to see they were in almost mint condition. I later found out they are mid-70s cars and there are some scarce castings here, so it turned out to be a great deal:

yukjfg129.jpg

the castings aren’t the most detailed ore ven delicate, they are somehow quite rouge, but they compensate nicely by having mobile parts all of them:

yukjfg130.jpg

Lez now see one by one, first this Alfa, by far the fave and, as I later found out, the rarest of the six:
yukjfg131.jpg

You can see the injected engine:
yukjfg136.jpg

We then have a split window Vette, you can see how rouge these were cast, their metal is heavy and very thick, and even if that doesn’t help to the general detailing, we can see the small block as part of the plastic interior.
yukjfg149.jpg
yukjfg151.jpg

Then, this 2nd gen Trans Am, interesting in the fact that it has the crash bumper, instead of the first and way more attractive Endura bumper, or it’s third version, the one that appeared in “Smokey and The Bandit”, But that only adds oddness to the model and the strange interest that comes with it.
yukjfg139.jpg

It opens it’s doors and, of course, the screaming chicken is obviously present.
yukjfg142.jpg

Then, look, a Basic 911, the worst of the bunch due to some paint spots here and there. But check out how each headlamp is a separate piece of transparent plastic. I really liked that.
yukjfg144.jpg

The hood opens to show us a piece of plastic that resembles anything but an engine…
yukjfg148.jpg

Then, one of the rarest of the bunch, a Mercedes Benz C111! Ok, it’s pretty badly done. But then again, if I want a C111 in this size I’d have to get a vintage Siku or Schucco and there are two problems with that: finding them, then paying them. Both very very difficult.
yukjfg152.jpg

The entire rear hacth opens up to reveal a gigantic engine, and notice how the taillamps are just two holes in the deck.
yukjfg156.jpg

yukjfg155.jpg

yukjfg154.jpg

Last one, a Porsche 917 in what appears to be Mopar green, which also opens it’s rear hood entirely. Note high tech mechanism to hold it up.

yukjfg158.jpg

yukjfg161.jpg

I find it interesting that they made an early version of the car, with the front winglets and the short tail instead of the much more famous straight tail, such as the Gulf cars that ran Le Mans.
yukjfg160.jpg

yukjfg163.jpg

I have to say that it is evident that these were toys made to last. Their metal is really strong, very hard, and their axles are pretty strong. They are a pretty nice addition to my collection, which I always try to make it eclectic and varied. And you know, not everything is Hot Wheels. After all, they’re just toy cars.

Will do. 👍

You should definitely restore the Z and the MR2!

I actually plan on doing the 300ZX next, so it should be done by the end of the week. :)
EDIT: The MR2 seems like it's in worse shape, so I'm doing this one instead.

EDIT: Cano, that Porsche! :drool:

Love the headlights.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that finds the 911 the least interesting? The headlights seem to be at a 90 degree angle in relation to the floor, the bonnet is not quite right and the rear is weird.
I may be nitpicking, but there are more interesting cars in the pictures Cano posted.
Like that 917 or the C111. :dopey:

Just went to the store and picked up these.

Honda S2000

img0558hi.jpg

Ferrari F430 Spyder

img0559s.jpg

Ferrari F333 SP

img0560bp.jpg

Ferrari Enzo, with Black Stripes :dopey:

img0561el.jpg

M-POWER_FTW, veeery nice 'Vette you've got there, with that paint, it looks very nice! Can't wait for your other restos!

Am I the only one that finds the 911 the least interesting? The headlights seem to be at a 90 degree angle in relation to the floor, the bonnet is not quite right and the rear is weird.
I may be nitpicking, but there are more interesting cars in the pictures Cano posted.
Like that 917 or the C111. :dopey:

noup, I also find it to be the least intresting car of the bunch.

And I'm still missing that S2000 :grumpy:

Back