1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I remember I had a bag full of Hot Wheels when I was a kid. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT(avoiding double posting): HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW:

http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/VW_Brasilia

A VW BRASILIA HW CAR, I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT, I HAVE TO BUY IT, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

:cool: I drive a real car of this model!

Last week I found the Brazilian maverick.

Like this:

http://www.arteemminiaturas.com.br/webapps/imagefile/arquivos/hot-wheels-premiere-2010-maverick-grabber-laranja-met%C3%A1lico-1971-series-038-r0953-hotwheels-09830-01.jpg

Offer still stands :)

I hoped it might.;) I'm going to give it just a little while longer, but I'll probably be in touch with you eventually.:cool: I hope you take cash, because I won't be doing any online transactions.:nervous:

Offer still stands :)

I hoped it might.;) I'm going to give it just a little while longer, but I'll probably be in touch with you eventually.:cool: I hope you take cash, because I won't be doing any online transactions.:nervous:

Edit: WTF?! Stupid browser, forced me to double post!

Then you must be very happy about the Hakosuka Skyline in this year's HW lineup.

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!!

And thanks for the helpful info. There are some models that I have that seem to look older, but haven't checked yet. I painted over some of them with a marker :ouch: and I just want them to look like they did before or like new. I'll post them up later today and also will be checking Toys'r'us for anything new they may have got today.

:@: $miglo. Beautiful collection. I want your Carrera GT, Beetle, GNX, and R32 GT-R. :drool:

I assume you are latin american, even from Brazil. There is no other way you could even know what a Brasilia is. Nice surprise, uh? I'm also on the lookout for that thing, as it was a very popular "square" alternative to the Bug in Mexico.

Actually, I'm from the city itself: Brasilia, Brazil

brasilia1.jpg

This car was a tribute for the new capital of Brazil, even if the car showed up over a decade later. They changed the capital because they thought the old capital, Rio de Janeiro, was vulnerable for attacks by sea.

Actually, I'm from the city itself: Brasilia, Brazil

Brasilia is a beautiful city, the architecture and its symmetrical design is amazing and it still looks futuristic (probably due to it being design in the space crazy 60's!), we studied it a lot in Geography. There was a massive right up on it in Time magazine a while back with big photos including ones of the first families moving there looking at the buildings when it was completed. Amazing example of urban planning. Nice to see they commemorated it with a car.

Robin.

Then you must be very happy about the Hakosuka Skyline in this year's HW lineup.

Oh, god. I thought I was done with Hotwheels. I remembered the 240Z, which I want, but I didn't have to have it or anything. Hakosuka, I forgot about, but I think I have to have it. :lol:

Brasilia is a beautiful city, the architecture and its symmetrical design is amazing and it still looks futuristic (probably due to it being design in the space crazy 60's!), we studied it a lot in Geography. There was a massive right up on it in Time magazine a while back with big photos including ones of the first families moving there looking at the buildings when it was completed. Amazing example of urban planning. Nice to see they commemorated it with a car.

Robin.

And this is why I love my hometown.

Yesterday I went to a local bookstore and I found a big book with 1400 pictures about the history of the city: the first projects, the constructions, the workers... It's called "Arquivo Brasilia". There is an english version, also. I think you'll like it.

http://editora.cosacnaify.com.br/ObraSinopse/11402/Arquivo-Bras%EDlia.aspx

Ok, let's get back to the Hot Wheels miniatures. Finally found my Hot Wheels old collection, I'll post pics later because I'm not at home right now.

Hey Cano,

Can you please send me your payment details.

yes, I've been meaning to but I've been way busy and every time I got to the mail station it was closed. But finally, the chance came. You have pm.

There's no cafe anywhere near me. I'll have a new monitor in a week or two though. I wouldn't really call the promos exciting really, most of them are early 80's Chevettes, Camaro's, Corvettes, and El Camino's. There's some bigger non promo models (forgot what size) in the attic of alot of classic cars. Those are at least 20-25 years old. Once I get the monitor, I'll put plenty of pics up. I'll probably find other stuff I forgot about while taking pictures too. Really, there's so much automotive stuff all throughout the whole house that was accumulated since the end of WWII.

I want your house. At least pics of what's in it. And it doesn't matter, Promos are always cool even if they are Chevettes. 'Sides, I'm a pretty terrenal car-type of guy, I could care less about exotics and all that stuff, if it's old cars, it's cool.

And thanks for the helpful info. There are some models that I have that seem to look older, but haven't checked yet. I painted over some of them with a marker :ouch: and I just want them to look like they did before or like new. I'll post them up later today.

Please do, let's see what you got. Once the work spree that consumes me right now passes, I'l,l also be putting up pictures of my "proyect" car box, it's almost like a junkyard.

Actually, I'm from the city itself: Brasilia, Brazil.
This car was a tribute for the new capital of Brazil, even if the car showed up over a decade later. They changed the capital because they thought the old capital, Rio de Janeiro, was vulnerable for attacks by sea.

Awesome, my fellow latinamerican GTPer! I actually know the history of the car, my family had... I think four! But I only remember one, as all of the others were there when I was a baby... or on my mom's belly. They were good cars, I mean, come on, they are square Bugs, but they are extremely noisy and heck, TEH RUSTTTTT!!!

:nervous:.... well my excitement was short lived, thanks cano...cause i was about to go hunting today..

Check E-Bay, dude. If they are there, they have started to show up in the pegs. When you see it on e-bay, go hunting.

Here are two that I've painted over when I was younger. The Porsche has wite-out on the rear windshield and the Corvette was painted with a magic marker.

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

mmmhhh... ok, the white-out on the Porsche's window will come out rubbing it with some alcohol in a dab of cotton. The window will loose it's shine however, but hey, at least it won't be white and you wont have to open the car.

The Vette will be more difficult. The marker may come out with nail polish remover, but I'd bet by this time the paint has been "penetrated" by the marker and will leave a mark. 'Sides, it's pretty worn off and the tampos are disappearing. I'd open this one up and redo it completely.

For the record, I have these two also in my proyect box, but mine are a lot worse. a LOT.

I don't know what was going on in my childhood but I have that Porsche and its yet another car others have and I've got one in pretty much mint condition, its starting to get weird! :lol:

33461400.jpg

Everyone else's has got a pearl metallic paint job right? Its a really great colour.

M-POWER_FTW, for the rear window you could try taking some strong sticky tape and do a quick rip action (like removing a wax strip) and it will pull off the wite-out without affecting the plastic. I have removed silly paint I have put on bare plastic many times this way and wite-out is even weaker at adhering to surfaces.

ivoyared
Yesterday I went to a local bookstore and I found a big book with 1400 pictures about the history of the city: the first projects, the constructions, the workers... It's called "Arquivo Brasilia". There is an english version, also. I think you'll like it.

http://editora.cosacnaify.com.br/ObraSinopse/11402/Arquivo-Bras%EDlia.aspx

Thanks for the link 👍, I'l have a look into it. Those were the B&W photos I was talking about earlier.

Robin.

Last edited:
Hey Cano, I thought of a way around my current internet problem. I took pictures on my phone and sent them through email from my phone to a Flickr account I just made. I don't want to post the pics in the thread because there's quite a few and i'm not even done finding everything let alone takings pics of everything. My Flickr account name is joejackhoney

My collection of HW:

imga0701y.jpg

I was a kid when I used to collect these cars, so most of them are scratched, but there are some of them that are in pretty good shape.

imga0702lf.jpg

F1 cars, Ferrari FXX and AMG-Mercedes CLK DTM

imga0703.jpg

Hummer H2, Cadillac Escalade (I had 2 of them, lost one), Power Panel, Ferrari 599 GTB and Drift King

imga0704.jpg

Dodge Challenger Concept, Porshe Carrera (pretty heavy, you can KO someone if you throw into his head), Ferrari 575 GTC and this dark one is a Dodge Viper police car (my camera is pretty bad).

imga0705.jpg

This is from an exotic 5-pack: the dark one is a Jaguar XJ220, a Ford Shelby Concept (I have another one, in a mettalic silver color), Lotus Elise, Porshe Carrera GT and Acura HSC Concept.

imga0706.jpg

Ford GT-40, Scion xB (you can remove the body from this one), Chrysler 300C and Tacoma Pikes Peak.

imga0708.jpg

imga0709a.jpg

Dodge Charger SRT8, Camaro Z28 (with the big block), Cadillac V-16, Pontiac Firebird and Plymouth GTX.

imga0710q.jpg

Two Dodge bikes, Maseratti Quattroporte, Cadillac Cien and Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

imga0712.jpg

Some fiction cars (including an Accelerators one) and a Shelby Cobra 427 A/C with huge wheels.

I have more, and some others lost in the house, like my Chaparral 2D (the 2003 one, with the original paint job :( ) and a Ferrari 333 SP (something like that).

Now I'll buy the VW Brasilia and the Ferrari 250 GTO from this year's new cars.

mmmhhh... ok, the white-out on the Porsche's window will come out rubbing it with some alcohol in a dab of cotton. The window will loose it's shine however, but hey, at least it won't be white and you wont have to open the car.

The Vette will be more difficult. The marker may come out with nail polish remover, but I'd bet by this time the paint has been "penetrated" by the marker and will leave a mark. 'Sides, it's pretty worn off and the tampos are disappearing. I'd open this one up and redo it completely.

For the record, I have these two also in my proyect box, but mine are a lot worse. a LOT.

I don't know what was going on in my childhood but I have that Porsche and its yet another car others have and I've got one in pretty much mint condition, its starting to get weird! :lol:

Everyone else's has got a pearl metallic paint job right? Its a really great colour.

M-POWER_FTW, for the rear window you could try taking some strong sticky tape and do a quick rip action (like removing a wax strip) and it will pull off the wite-out without affecting the plastic. I have removed silly paint I have put on bare plastic many times this way and wite-out is even weaker at adhering to surfaces.

It's pretty cool that we all have this car! Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try the sticky tape first as not to damage the shine of the plastic, and if that doesn't work, then I'll use alcohol.

I'll be opening the Corvette though and will paint it a different color. Will I need wet sandpaper? Or can I just use a really fine dry one? I know about the painting aspect of this, it's just the sanding part that I don't want to do wrong.

:@: ivoyared. Those are nice. 👍
Would be better if your pics were a bit brighter though. :)

:@: ivoyared. Those are nice. 👍
Would be better if your pics were a bit brighter though. :)

Yeah, I need 101% of light If I want to take decent pictures with this camera, It was 4 PM when I took these, and they looked dark as hell.

Well, we can always raise the brightness of the screen 💡

Awesome XJ220. That's one of my all time favorite cars.

Thanks.

Oh, I was looking at the previous pages and I saw you bought a VW SP2:

This is actually a brazilian car (I think is the first that VW produced outside Germany) that they launched last year. The car was sold out fast here, and I didn't even knew about this.:ouch:

Hope that next year they'll have the Opala.

This is actually a brazilian car (I think is the first that VW produced outside Germany) that they launched last year. The car was sold out fast here, and I didn't even knew about this.:ouch:

Hope that next year they'll have the Opala.

If you really want it you can check ebay.

If you really want it you can check ebay.

eBay is the answer for everything! :D

More cars:

imga0714.jpg

Sting Ray III, Honda Civic, T-Bird, Chevrolet S10 and Horseplay

imga0715.jpg

Non-HW cars: Mercedes truck, a Maisto white truck, a matchbox Shelby Cobra Concept and a Citroen Xsara Rally Car

EDIT: MOAR CARS

imga0719.jpg

Scion tC

imga0720.jpg

Mini Cooper, Nitro Scorcher and Rouge Hoe police car

imga0721.jpg

Block o' Wood, Mega-Duty and Bone Shaker

imga0722.jpg

Impala and Mitsubishi Eclipse Concept

I've searched my room for cars and this is what I've found:

imga0723.jpg

This is a HW Formula Fueler. It had a bottle in the back that you could put anything as "fuel" of the car. Of course it was random.

imga0724.jpg

imga0725z.jpg

Another AMG-Mercedes CLK DTM. The spoiler is missing

imga0726.jpg

imga0727.jpg

This is a HW truck. It had a cargo where you could put your cars on.

imga0728.jpg

Some diecast: a red Porshe (a wheel is missing), Porshe Cayenne, VW Golf GTI, a BMW roadster and another Porshe.

imga0729.jpg

This was some kind of a HW brawler: you connected 2 of these and the loser is the "car" who lose this "shield". It had a blade, also.

imga0730.jpg

Grave Digger, Dodge M80 and Hollowback

imga0731.jpg

Fast FeLion

imga0733.jpg

Another Ferrari 575 GTC (spoiler is missing and someone wrote my sister's name on the hood with a permanent marker).

imga0735.jpg

A 55' Chevrolet Bel-Air

Last edited:
Hey Cano, I thought of a way around my current internet problem. I took pictures on my phone and sent them through email from my phone to a Flickr account I just made. I don't want to post the pics in the thread because there's quite a few and i'm not even done finding everything let alone takings pics of everything. My Flickr account name is joejackhoney

I don't know about Cano, but I had a look and you should post those photos up no matter what!
In fact I'm sure most of us welcome a lot of pics. :D

I don't know what was going on in my childhood but I have that Porsche and its yet another car others have and I've got one in pretty much mint condition, its starting to get weird! :lol: Everyone else's has got a pearl metallic paint job right? Its a really great colour.

mmmhh no, I've only got the first version of the car, in red, with basic wheels:

HeKV6E5V3jo4PhE.jpg

Robin.

Nice trick, I'll have to try it out sometime.

Yes, I took a peek. I expected to see cool stuff but these are beyond my expectations. Your collection is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Hardcore, too, with all the Superfasts in their original boxes. Awesome. I have yet to have a boxed Matchbox, altough I admit I haven't really looked for them seriously, I'm concentrating on hot wheels right now. And that Monza promo is insanely cool, as is the Saab. Please put more pictures of your car stuff in the Flickr and tell us here, so we can go take a look. And congratulations, all the stuff is awesome.

My collection of HW:

imga0701y.jpg

I was a kid when I used to collect these cars, so most of them are scratched, but there are some of them that are in pretty good shape.

Those are from your childhood? Then you're pretty damn young. None of those is even ten years old.

Back